Canvey Island - the Rise of the Yellow Army

dafuge

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be following this.

dafuge, I think you're playing text only, right? If so, how do you really understand what exactly is going on in the field? I mean I played the old games and I'm used to it but I had to use my imagination. Now I know that there is a match engine that we can use so it feels weird for me. When I see exactly how things go down, I can take better precautions etc. So could you give a few tips if you're playing text only? Because my seasons take waay too long, not that I complain but I eventually get bored while at 7th season, though I want to be able to play longer careers so faster could be an option

Canvey Island - Vanarama Conference Premier - 2019/20

Despite a mid table finish, last season we had a squad capable of much more. This season we were looking to make it into the playoffs.

League Table - it was a comfortable win as we pretty much led from start to finish.

FA Trophy - after two consecutive losses in the final, we finally got our Wembley win.

FA Cup - we had a tough draw, with a big League 1 side at home.

Transfers - barely anything was needed to improve the squad after last season.

Squad - a rebuild will be needed for the Football League, but we have a few useful players who will stay on.

Finances - a great year for the finances.

Key Player Profiles:

Chris Long - a stunning goal tally.

Fejiri Okenabirhie - a great supporting striker.

George Moncur - found himself out on the wing, but had a great season.

Miro Muheim - another great season.

Jake Clarke-Salter - a solid defender with a shocking disciplinary record.

Career Overview

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South    9th       
2016/17   Vanarama Conference South    1st         Promoted as champions
2017/18   Vanarama Conference Premier  20th        FA Trophy finalists
2018/19   Vanarama Conference Premier  13th        FA Trophy finalists
2019/20   Vanarama Conference Premier  1st         Promoted as champions

Next Season

Entering the Football League is a huge step up, so I'm anticipating a lot of hard work before the new season starts. I'm assuming we will turn pro, which should mean improvements all round.

I haven't altered my tactics since the promotion winning season in the Conference South.

I've not watched any matches in full this year, although I have in the past when creating my tactics.

That's amazing to me. I've always strived to play exactly your way; use a decent tactic and just focus on personnel and yet I can't seem to do it from FM 13 onwards.

Whenever I stick to one tactic it inevitably falls apart at one point or another. It blows my mind that you play like this and achieve just the kind of steady progress I'm aiming for while I can't do that for the life.

Logic dictates then that it must come down to my tactical ineptitude and that's why I'm interested how your tactical creation works...

What's your tactical setup within your diamond if you don't mind me asking?

Pretty much the same one I've been using since FM05 :D

Defensive keeper

Defensive centre backs

Attacking full backs

Defensive DM

Attacking wingers (ML/R)

Attacking attacking midfielder

Supporting deep lying forward

Poacher

Pretty much the same one I've been using since FM05 :DDefensive keeperDefensive centre backsAttacking full backsDefensive DMAttacking wingers (ML/R)Attacking attacking midfielderSupporting deep lying forwardPoacher

Thanks,

How have you been finding the attacking full backs on FM15? I get annihilated down the flanks.Is your mentality attacking too or are you a bit more cautious?

Thanks,

How have you been finding the attacking full backs on FM15? I get annihilated down the flanks.Is your mentality attacking too or are you a bit more cautious?

I go with a 'control' mentality.

I started off with defensive full backs but then found then more effective when linking up with and overlapping the wingers.

Canvey Island - Sky Bet League 2 - 2020/21

Following our promotion, we stepped in the Football League as a professional club for the first time in our history.

League Table - we hit form in the second half of the season which saw us clinch promotion.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - we had a decent run, but got well beaten by the club I support.

Capital One Cup - we managed not to completely embarrass ourselves in the Olympic Stadium.

FA Cup - another exit at the hands of a much bigger club.

Transfers - just a few key signings as I couldn't find many decent players interested in joining us.

Squad - most of the squad should be good enough for League 1, but I need to add a few new players.

Finances - not quite as bad as it could have been.

Key Player Profiles:

Chris Long - another brilliant goal tally.

Fejiri Okenabirhie - an amazing number of goals for a supporting striker.

George Moncur - starting to look like a decent winger.

Miro Muheim - it has taken so long to persuade him to stay, he should sign a new contract soon.

Rohan Ince - this signing made a huge difference to our defence.

Career Overview

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South    9th       
2016/17   Vanarama Conference South    1st         Promoted as champions
2017/18   Vanarama Conference Premier  20th        FA Trophy finalists
2018/19   Vanarama Conference Premier  13th        FA Trophy finalists
2019/20   Vanarama Conference Premier  1st         Promoted as champions
2020/21   Sky Bet League 2             2nd         Promoted

Next Season

Once again we find ourselves heading into a new league, so the aim is to avoid relegation.

Archived