Female Managers

and this lady manager in Brazil? who does she manage?

actually i just googled her and got nothing. i tried wikipedia too.

In English? Of course you didn't. Imagine searching in Brazillian Portuguese for articles about Rochdale manager Keith Hill.

Ahh, just clocked your username and realised you're a troll who's managed 450 posts in almost two weeks. In which case I'll just do as everyone else should and ignore everything you say till you go away. :D

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh, just clocked your username and realised you're a troll who's managed 450 posts in almost two weeks. In which case I'll just do as everyone else should and ignore everything you say till you go away. :D

which indicates the fact you accept defeat in this argument.

thank you and goodbye.

its people like you who really wind me up! how is he being sexist by saying female managers shouldn't be in the game? are the LMA, or all football clubs in the UK, sexist because there are no female managers in real life? All he is saying is that FM is a REALIST game and the realist fact is that WOMEN DON'T MANAGE FOOTBALL TEAMS (of course they manage female teams but there arn't any of these in FM are there!). Theres a huge difference between being sexist and being a realist.

I don't really like you either so........ This a game that appeals to both genders not just the penis's. My point is that women should be represented in that they are in the male game according to the post above mine. You wind everyone up so who cares I do to you. What do you care if someone has the choice to pick a female coach? Also what do you care if you play a career and in 2027 you see a couple female coaches and for that matter what would you care if there was one in 2010?? You should be concentrating on building your legacy not worrying about other teams dealings.

because i, among many others, would not like to see FM turn a perfectly life-like game into a feminists fantasy by including made up female managers (regardless of whether they affect your club or not) which are virtually non-existant in real life? hows that?

if it did reflect real life then SI would have put regenerated female managers in the game long ago...but the simple fact is IT DOESN'T.

Moaner, you're just a pathetic little baby, you're moaning about 3D which you don't have to have in your game if you don't want, and about female managers, which if you don't have to be if you don't want to. Even if there wasn't any female managers irl, I have no problem with this option, as there ARE females that PLAY FM! There are quite a few on the forum, this is one of the smallest additions SI have made and you're arguing about it. Pathetic kid.

I wish people would check the facts before posting blah about how 'women would never manage/blah in men's football'.

There is a female manager in Brazil all ready! Cláudia Malheiros. good for her i hope she is included in the game.....AS THE ONLY AI FEMALE MANAGER

Aside from that you'll find women working as senior coaching staff in America, Sweden, Austria, Ukraine, Norway, Czech republic, Ireland and Italy. Who's to say that in the next decade at least one of them won't go on into management? Why would SI put unrealistic stuff into thier game based unfounded assupmptions/possibilities...its also possible an alien could be head of the FA by 2020 but they are unlikely to put that in because its UNFOUNDED

Erm, I think it's more likely that a female member of the coaching staff is promoted to the position of manager than an alien being head of the FA. This game is full of assumed possibilities - certain players having the potential to be world beaters, certain players moving into coaching after they have finished playing. I don't see what's unrealistic about having the odd female regen maneger popping up over a 20 year period.

Moaner, you're just a pathetic little baby, you're moaning about 3D which you don't have to have in your game if you don't want, and about female managers, which if you don't have to be if you don't want to. Even if there wasn't any female managers irl, I have no problem with this option, as there ARE females that PLAY FM! There are quite a few on the forum, this is one of the smallest additions SI have made and you're arguing about it. Pathetic kid.

if you are so intellegent you would of realised our argument wasn't that female players shouldn't be allowed to portray themselves as women, our argument was that the game shouldn't automatically include female managers other then the user. is that really too hard to comprehend?

as for calling me a baby? i really fail to understand on what grounds you could pass off that acusastion?!

Erm, I think it's more likely that a female member of the coaching staff is promoted to the position of manager than an alien being head of the FA. This game is full of assumed possibilities - certain players having the potential to be world beaters, certain players moving into coaching after they have finished playing. I don't see what's unrealistic about having the odd female regen maneger popping up over a 20 year period.

i am truly lost for words (well not quite). you don't see why putting female managers into the game would be unrealistic? in real life how many female managers are there? start off by answering me that.

I thought SI were going to stamp down on idiots on the forum, wouldn't surprise me if he was a CM Undercover agent to cause trouble. :D
~

LOL! you have already tried using that one laskowski. unfortunatly all you need to do is see from my previous posts that i could hold a perfectly civilised discussion before the idiots arrived.

and if i was a CM-fan, why would i be defending si's decision NOT to include female managers?

if you are so intellegent you would of realised our argument wasn't that female players shouldn't be allowed to portray themselves as women, our argument was that the game shouldn't automatically include female managers other then the user. is that really too hard to comprehend?

as for calling me a baby? i really fail to understand on what grounds you could pass off that acusastion?!

Even if the odd female manager does pop up, it's not that realistic, obviously if it's at a high level, but at a lower level it's not realistic at all, if the woman is just as good as a man, why shouldn't she be manager?

As for calling you a baby, I know that there are several 12/13 year old kids on this forum, and everyone one of them that i've come across is 10 times more mature than you are. Add that to the fact you can't spell 'accusation', or 'intelligent'.

I wish people would check the facts before posting blah about how 'women would never manage/blah in men's football'.

There is a female manager in Brazil all ready! Cláudia Malheiros. good for her i hope she is included in the game.....AS THE ONLY AI FEMALE MANAGER

Aside from that you'll find women working as senior coaching staff in America, Sweden, Austria, Ukraine, Norway, Czech republic, Ireland and Italy. Who's to say that in the next decade at least one of them won't go on into management? Why would SI put unrealistic stuff into thier game based unfounded assupmptions/possibilities...its also possible an alien could be head of the FA by 2020 but they are unlikely to put that in because its UNFOUNDED

and this lady manager in Brazil? who does she manage?

actually i just googled her and got nothing. i tried wikipedia too.

i am truly lost for words (well not quite). you don't see why putting female managers into the game would be unrealistic? in real life how many female managers are there? start off by answering me that.

We've already had one example from Brazil.

Even if the odd female manager does pop up, it's not that realistic, obviously if it's at a high level, but at a lower level it's not realistic at all, if the woman is just as good as a man, why shouldn't she be manager?

As for calling you a baby, I know that there are several 12/13 year old kids on this forum, and everyone of them that i've come across is 10 times more mature than you are. Add that to the fact you can't spell 'accusation', or 'intelligent'.

no. if ANY female manager "popped up" it would be unrealistic. because if theres one in the game and none in real life- thats an unequal proportion (therefore unrealistic). if there were 100 in real life and 100 in the game-that is an equal proportion and therefore realistic. See what I am getting at now? I don't know why women are not managers, all i can say is the simple facts...that they just ARN'T- its not an opinion.....its a stone cold, hardcore FACT. do you agree?

(p.s since when has your abilty to spell defined your age? if so, dyslexics would remain 5 years old forever)

We've already had one example from Brazil.

yes who manages an virtually unknown team who are not even on FM's database. women manage u12's teams in england too but they are hardly evidence of women managing in mens football are they?

no. if ANY female manager "popped up" it would be unrealistic. because if theres one in the game and none in real life- thats an unequal proportion (therefore unrealistic). if there were 100 in real life and 100 in the game-that is an equal proportion and therefore realistic. See what I am getting at now? I don't know why women are not managers, all i can say is the simple facts...that they just ARN'T- its not an opinion.....its a stone cold, hardcore FACT. do you agree?

(p.s since when has your abilty to spell defined your age? if so, dyslexics would remain 5 years old forever)

That's not true though, things can change at any given time. Before this season, there had never been a black manager managing a Premiership team, now there is. Before Sven, there had never been a foreign manager of the English National side, now there is. Things can change at any time, as these 2 'arguments' have demonstrated for you.

You clearly aren't 20 as your profile suggests, you never seem to use capital letters at the start of the sentence, and can't spell basic words.

That's not true though, things can change at any given time. Before this season, there had never been a black manager managing a Premiership team, now there is. Before Sven, there had never been a foreign manager of the English National side, now there is. Things can change at any time, as these 2 'arguments' have demonstrated for you.

You clearly aren't 20 as your profile suggests, you never seem to use capital letters at the start of the sentence, and can't spell basic words.

so becuase things can change at any given time- we should put a horse as the lead striker for Man U in case that happens IRL. At the moment there is as much evidence to suggest a horse could become a premiership striker as there is a women will manage amens football team.

this isn't an english exam its a forum......stop picking holes in things because you have lost the argument.

That's not true though, things can change at any given time.

But it hasn't and wont change anytime soon. I don't know how anyone can aruge against the fact that having female managers in the game now would be unrealistic.

Also, why is everyone attacking Moaner? He had a bad day with the 3D stuff but in this thread I have only seen him argue his opinion.

so becuase things can change at any given time- we should put a horse as the lead striker for Man U in case that happens IRL. At the moment there is as much evidence to suggest a horse could become a premiership striker as there is a women will manage amens football team.

this isn't an english exam its a forum......stop picking holes in things because you have lost the argument.

You haven't WON any argument, people don't want to argue with you because you're a pathetic idiot, and I think you'll find a horse can't become a premiership striker as there is an obvious rule that only men can play in the English Premiership.

However there is no rule over sex of the manager, otherwise we wouldn't have male managers managing female football teams. If a woman is good enough, then there is no reason why she can't be a manager of a mens football team.

And if a horse WAS legal to play for Man United, of course they would select it, it would score more goals then Wayne Rooney, and doesn't have the unfortunate 'Shrek' resemblance.

yes who manages an virtually unknown team who are not even on FM's database. women manage u12's teams in england too but they are hardly evidence of women managing in mens football are they?

Yes, only because the Brazilian leagues aren't included to the same level of detail as the English leagues. What if that team starts to do well and gets promoted, or even if she was poached by another team. This is not beyond the realms of reality at all - unlike your alien or horse examples.

But it hasn't and wont change anytime soon. I don't know how anyone can aruge against the fact that having female managers in the game now would be unrealistic.

Also, why is everyone attacking Moaner? He had a bad day with the 3D stuff but in this thread I have only seen him argue his opinion.

I agree with this. There should be no female newgen managers in the game at the moment as it is not realistic to have them.

Cláudia Malheiros is in the FM08 DB and so is her team already, she might have even been in 07.

GQ awsome as always:

At the moment there is as much evidence to suggest a horse could become a premiership striker as there is a women will manage amens football team.

i completly disagree physios and managers are completly different and require very different skills. managers must command respect and install disapline....cant really see a women demonstrating this with a bunch of grown men! im sorry, im not sexist, but there are just some jobs that are not for women and managing a mens football team is one of them!

You haven't WON any argument, people don't want to argue with you because you're a pathetic idiot, and I think you'll find a horse can't become a premiership striker as there is an obvious rule that only men can play in the English Premiership.

However there is no rule over sex of the manager, otherwise we wouldn't have male managers managing female football teams. If a woman is good enough, then there is no reason why she can't be a manager of a mens football team. of course in the rare case she was good enough she should be allowed to manage but as of yet we haven't seen this IRL so it shouldn't be reflected int he game- i won't keep repeating myself

And if a horse WAS legal to play for Man United, of course they would select it, it would score more goals then Wayne Rooney, and doesn't have the unfortunate 'Shrek' resemblance. well when i said a horse up front for united i was thinking of Ruud Van Nistlerooy!!

i cant be bothered to argue anymore....my opinion is that as there are no female managers in real life- there shouldn't be any on the game. plain and simple. i will stick to that opinion.

and for whats its worth i firmly believe a female will never managea any professional football team in england- this is not debatable- this is my opinion. don't try to change it please:)

P.S and yes i am 20 years old....as long as my text is clear enough i do not feel the need for- capital letters, letter-perfect spelling etc as this is only a casual discussion board.

i cant be bothered to argue anymore....my opinion is that as there are no female managers in real life- there shouldn't be any on the game. plain and simple. i will stick to that opinion.

and for whats its worth i firmly believe a female will never managea any professional football team in england- this is not debatable- this is my opinion. don't try to change it please:)

P.S and yes i am 20 years old....as long as my text is clear enough i do not feel the need for- capital letters, letter-perfect spelling etc as this is only a casual discussion board.

I like to consider it a smart casual forum ;)

I agree with this. There should be no female newgen managers in the game at the moment as it is not realistic to have them.

thanks to jod and neji for realising i am only voicing what i believe to be a perfectly legitimate opinion- shared with many other Fm players.

thanks to jod and neji for realising i am only voicing what i believe to be a perfectly legitimate opinion- shared with many other Fm players.

Yep, plenty of opinions either way, I still think it would be nice to have the odd one or two in there but I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over it.

Ahh, a final note on this: If you have a look at the 8.0.2 database you'll find there were two female managers all ready included in FM08 (including Cláudia Malheiros) and several of the female coaches included had some sort of pre-established ability as managers.

So, chances are while playing FM08 there have all ready been female coaches who's progressed to become managers.

Remember all the threads about how wrong it was? Nope? That'll be because no one noticed/cared when it happened in their game.

Ahh, a final note on this: If you have a look at the 8.0.2 database you'll find there were two female managers all ready included in FM08 (including Cláudia Malheiros) and several of the female coaches included had some sort of pre-established ability as managers.

So, chances are while playing FM08 there have all ready been female coaches who's progressed to become managers.

Remember all the threads about how wrong it was? Nope? That'll be because no one noticed/cared when it happened in their game.

Interesting... I wonder if these members of staff will be referred to as "he" or "she" in the news items?

I don't mind if there aren't any newgens of women managers although I think if my GF sat down to play she could be a female manager to start cause she is a female. I think that is a good plan. My GF doesn't dick smith cause she is a women and would want to be Amy Smith.

That is such a bad, bad, bad, bad, bad thing to say. There are female managers in the lower leagues of football now. There are a few women coaches these days in the bigger leagues.

I would like to say, I firmly believe that is a very sexist comment you have made and some female's could be offended by it.

Let me pose a question then Moaner. Are you in favor for women being allowed to sit down to a game and be a female manager cause they are female? I'm not talking about newgens just the fact that should a women be able to play a game as a women.

Let me pose a question then Moaner. Are you in favor for women being allowed to sit down to a game and be a female manager cause they are female? I'm not talking about newgens just the fact that should a women be able to play a game as a women.

im absoloutly 100% behind SI's decision to allow female players to be portrayed as females in the game, yes.

again, and for "evilscotsmen" the argument was "should there be regen/AI female managers in the game?" and not whether or not female players had the right to call themselves females in-game.:thup:

They'll be letting gays manage football clubs next...*

Seriously though, just to pointlessly add my opinion, the option to have the user's character as female was definately needed. With the amount of people playing FM, a good portion of them must be women.

But I do see what people are saying about regen managers being women. When, not if, we do see female managers in top flight football in real life, that should be incorparated into FM, but at this point in time it would be severely unrealistic. It's something that's more likely to be in FM 2059.

*I am of course joking.

I disagree with that point, though. I don't understand why it is not debatable. I won't try and change your opinion but just state mine. I can't see any reason why it is not a possibility in the future. Who would have thought there would be female referees in the mens game many years ago? I am not saying there will be but I certainly think it is possible.

Also to the person who said about women not being able to command respect from or instill discipline into a men's football team. Being able to this depends on your character. I don't think it has anything to do with your sex. I am sure there are some males that are not able to instill discipline or command respect of a men's team and I am sure some females who would be.

I disagree with that point, though. I don't understand why it is not debatable. I won't try and change your opinion but just state mine. I can't see any reason why it is not a possibility in the future. Who would have thought there would be female referees in the mens game many years ago? I am not saying there will be but I certainly think it is possible.

Also to the person who said about women not being able to command respect from or instill discipline into a men's football team. Being able to this depends on your character. I don't think it has anything to do with your sex. I am sure there are some males that are not able to instill discipline or command respect of a men's team and I am sure some females who would be.

i meant that my opinion wasn't debatable- not the topic my opinion was based on.

i'm not saying women shouldn't be allowed to manage a club, im saying i don't think a woman will ever manage a pro team (in the UK for the purpose of the argument).

i really just can't see it myself- it would take a very tough woman to handle such a feat. i hope one day to be proved wrong.

whoever that was calling me a sexist....what planet are you on? i mean come on seriously....did you even read my post properly?

That is such a bad, bad, bad, bad, bad thing to say. There are female managers in the lower leagues of football now. There are a few women coaches these days in the bigger leagues.

I would like to say, I firmly believe that is a very sexist comment you have made and some female's could be offended by it.

if i was to say...."i don't think Estonia will ever win the world cup"....thats not me being racist towards Estonians is it? thats me stating something that i personally couldn't forsee happening.

They'll be letting gays manage football clubs next...*

*I am of course joking.

Haha! You'd be surprised what you can find if you just google things up for fun.

There is an England team that has won numerous international competitions, in comparison to just the one that the 'Men' won in '66.

http://www.stonewallfc.com/tournaments.htm

if i was to say...."i don't think Estonia will ever win the world cup"....thats not me being racist towards Estonians is it? thats me stating something that i personally couldn't forsee happening.

Yep, that is clearly an opinion.

But when you add that your opinion is 'not debatable' (as you do when you speak about women) then you are making a valued judgement on their ethnicity (and only their ethnicity, as you are not mentioning anything else beside their ethnicity), therefore others can easily feel offended and you risk sounding discriminatory (even if that is not your intention).

Please keep in mind that in the letter of the law it does not matter what your intentions were, but how they were perceived.

By the way, there is no race with the label 'Estonians'. They are predominantly white. ;)

Moaner, everything that you've been saying has most likely offended many FM'ers.

Tell me this, why would you want to go onto a forum, spam around, then stir up such a controversial issue as this by saying that female's shouldn't be included in the game? Whats the difference between saying that and saying 'I dont think anyone homosexual should be able to be put into the game'?

Do you remember when the Luton Town manager made sexist comments about a female linesman after a cup game? He was slated for those comments, because everyone knew that they were just that. Sexist. And thats exactly what you're being.

Its wrong, it's offensive and it's got no place on here.

Oh, and while we're at it, if female's shouldnt be able to be Football Managers, then I dont think people should be allowed on forums. Hence the fact that I'm going to report one of your offensive posts, which as you are already warned, may get you banned.

Archived