If you could have...

one regen from an old FM in your current FM team, who would it be?

I remember on '13, I had this Italian CB who went by the name of Agnello Vanazzi. If I recall correctly, he was 6'6" and a demon in the air. I don't remember the exact numbers, but I recall he had something around 55-60 goals in approximately 175-185 appearances. I think his highest scoring season involved somewhere between 15-20 goals.

I would choose him. Most definitely him.

On FM12 I had an Argentine striker for my Ipswich side named Ernesto Cordoba. His first full season with me, age 18/19, he had 39 goals and 25 assists in all competitions.

He put up similar numbers for another 3 years before I got bored with him breaking the game and moved on to FM13.

My FM14 Ipswich side is currently in its first season up and may not score 39 goals total. I don't even want to think about how much better we'd be with Cordoba.

Had a 6ft8 Polish Striker who I pilfered from Barcelona for £120m. Heading of 20, with all the key attributes for a complete forward over 15. He scored around 60 goals in the league for me, with a dozen assists or so. Never matched that amount, but still averaged a goal a game over the 5 years I had him.

Diego Trotta from CM01/02. Was Man Utd, about thirty years into a save, and this guy popped up at Grimsby, tearing the lower leagues apart. I picked him up on a free, and the rest was history. Literally as well - I only remember that he was awesome, no details :p

So probably Alan Wilson. He was Scotland's star striker as I managed them in my farewell job before retirement in 2054. We scraped into the World Cup 3-2 on aggregate in a play-off with Denmark (having missed out on top spot on goal difference) then scraped through our group thanks to Costa Rica beating Holland, and us managing a draw against Argentina. A tight win against Switzerland in the second round was good, but beating Italy 4-1 with Wilson grabbing all four was one of my happiest games. Truly unbelievable stuff. We got to the final, and beat Spain 2-1 with Alan Wilson getting one of the goals. Didn't manage him for long, but helping me to win the World Cup with my nation in my final match before retirement was pretty special.

In FM10 or FM11 can't remember, there was a regen called Ahmed Kone (I think that was his first name) an African striker I picked up while managing Man Utd from Real Madrid on a free. He scored so many goals, broke every single season record. He scored almost 100 goals in all competitions for me in 1 season, including 40+ in the league. Top scorer in every competition.

Ohhh Fabio Giordano, how I long to see your face again. Signed from Livorno as an 18 year old for my Man City save on FM09, he slotted straight into the first team as a midfield general and was captain by the age of 23. Won 2 World Cups as Italy captain, scoring 35 goals in 102 caps before retiring from international football aged 31 to concentrate on his club career with me. Went on to play his last first team game at the age of 39, before becoming my assistant manager after a club career of some 950 appearances and 200 odd goals.

Or Sergio, Spanish striker who I signed aged 16. After a loan spell to Leeds in the Premier League at age 18 saw him score 12 goals in 14 appearances, he was in the first team from then on, still bagging 20 goals a season when he retired aged 36. Won the Ballon D'Or 6 times, and became only the third man to score a hattrick in the World Cup final after Geoff Hurst and Gabby Agbonlahor (yes really). Bizarrely overlooked for the Spain side until he was 23, he managed 80 goals in 101 caps, as well as some 350 goals in 600 club appearances for me.

For context, I'm playing FM12 still.

If I could choose just one player, it would be an AMC I had in FM05, his name was Tolga Turugen and he was Turkish. The guy honestly had 20s for almost every important stat - technique, first touch, passing, creativity, flair, long shots, teamwork etc - apart from physical ones where he was only average - I guess this lack of physical ability meant his off the scale technical and mental stats could still be fit into his CA. He was absolutely unstoppable around the box, he would just get the ball and smack it in the corner all the time, I didn't really need anyone playing ahead of him though as you'd expect he was also extremely adept at through balls. And because his ability was never in his physical stats anyway, he remained extremely effective right up to when he retired.

Other than him, though I had some great strikers I wouldn't bring any of them back because I have great strikers anyway. I had one particular defender, a Brazilian called Robson, who just seemed to never ever make a mistake, never gave the ball away stupidly, hardly ever got dribbled past or lost his man. Definitely the best ever defender I have had in FM. Whereas in FM12 even the best defenders seem prone to errors, being easily dribbled past or losing their man frequently. So I'd definitely have him back as long as this is a fantasy world where he plays the same way rather than getting jinxed by the different ME ;)

Archived