[FM13] FCUtdWill's England Level 11 Database

They used to in FM13 (usually but sometimes not) - hopefully it was down to the other DB that they didn't in FM14

No one seems to know which attributes determine if the AM arranges friendlies or not - at least it looks like the AM actually makes substitutions in friendlies now :)

Ah right okay, I see what you mean. I haven't played FM14 properly so can't comment on what the assistant does or doesn't do. That's good to hear :)

I'll let you know how the reserve leagues go when I test them :)

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice one :)

I've been thinking about reserve leagues today and how I can make them work, I'll be adding them as U21 teams, but will call them reserves instead. I don't know why I didn't think of that last night. (I can't make actual reserve teams as the nation rules become invalid as they're not the proper team type for the U21/U18 rules for some reason).

My plan remains the same with making a mini-pyramid in the U21/U18 structure, but will only have promotion/relegation between the Professional Development Leagues at the top.

Today's leagues I'm editing are the East Midlands Counties and the Kent Invicta, and after that, only got three more leagues to add to Level 10, before I move onto adding teams to the Level 11 leagues.

And then the fun bit, testing :)

Sounds great

The problem with playing lower leagues without reserve/youth fixtures not only impacts finances (OK you probably only make a few quid a game but it all adds up) and more importantly player development - young players will not develop as much by playing friendlies as they would by playing competitive matches IMO plus their match fitness will be good if they are needed for the first team

Hopefully it all works well when you're testing :)

Sounds great

The problem with playing lower leagues without reserve/youth fixtures not only impacts finances (OK you probably only make a few quid a game but it all adds up) and more importantly player development - young players will not develop as much by playing friendlies as they would by playing competitive matches IMO plus their match fitness will be good if they are needed for the first team

Hopefully it all works well when you're testing :)

That's true, I'll have to add a decent budget of around £10k for a Level 10 club, and then £15k for Level 9. Does that sound reasonable? That's what I'm aiming for, and as you can offer greyed-out players contracts now, you can make your own reserve team, so they would get games and then can be called upon in the first team if required.

(For completeness sake, Level 11 would have around £7.5k, but not all clubs will have reserve leagues at that level)

Thank you, would you be interested in doing some testing along with me on the file? (up to you, I won't be offended if you say no)

No problem doing a bit of testing :)

I made a profit of about £12k first season using the other DB but my board did give me 2 cash injections of £26k each so a real figure of -£40k - I did sign almost 70 players that season though :D - when you say £10k or 15k do you mean transfer budget or cash balance at the start?

One thing I did notice last year was the vast discrepancies in the attendance figures - some clubs had an average of 50 but a few were around 100 - my team was getting 400+ (which was very unrealistic) until I restricted it in the editor - no idea why my club has such a high average - club rep was one of the lowest in the division

The other DB from FM Scout had teams getting an attendance of 1 sometimes :D

FM 14 is the first time I've used edited leagues. Can't wait for this! Obviously there's no hurry- this already seems like it will come at a perfect time..over my winter break! One question: will it be put on steam? I'm not really sure of the process if it's put on other sites.

No problem doing a bit of testing :)

I made a profit of about £12k first season using the other DB but my board did give me 2 cash injections of £26k each so a real figure of -£40k - I did sign almost 70 players that season though :D - when you say £10k or 15k do you mean transfer budget or cash balance at the start?

One thing I did notice last year was the vast discrepancies in the attendance figures - some clubs had an average of 50 but a few were around 100 - my team was getting 400+ (which was very unrealistic) until I restricted it in the editor - no idea why my club has such a high average - club rep was one of the lowest in the division

The other DB from FM Scout had teams getting an attendance of 1 sometimes :D

Okay thank you, when I've finished the file, I'll send a copy over to you through PM :)

Ooh nice, I'm pleased I'm not the only one who signs about 70 players in the first season :D I always say in the press conferences that they're first team players and then they all moan that they're not playing :p I mean cash balance at the start, they won't have any transfer budget to start with.

Yeah I noticed that too on FM13, especially with clubs at Level 11, they had normal attendances in the first season, but then they always had full stadiums of 50 every game in the second season, and I never understood why.

I've seen similar on my own database but that's because I hadn't any stadiums attached to them. Lowest I've seen with stadiums is 10, never in single figures unfortunately.

FM 14 is the first time I've used edited leagues. Can't wait for this! Obviously there's no hurry- this already seems like it will come at a perfect time..over my winter break! One question: will it be put on steam? I'm not really sure of the process if it's put on other sites.

Yes it'll be on the Steam Workshop :)

I've seen similar on my own database but that's because I hadn't any stadiums attached to them.

You may have solved it right there - I do have the correct stadium edited in and have a capacity of 3000 (which is way too high IRL) - maybe that's what the game bases the average attendance on - I'll have to load up my FM13 DB and check the capacity of other teams

Okay thank you, when I've finished the file, I'll send a copy over to you through PM

That's cool - what sort of testing would you want? normal game play or a holiday game - I could do both - real game during the day and a holiday game overnight

I'm pleased I'm not the only one who signs about 70 players in the first season

Problem is they are all 5 stars for CA and PA before you sign them because they are compared to your current squad and when they have signed their stars are rubbish because they are compared to each other - maybe get 10 good players out of 70 :D

Always though scout reports should compare players to the league standard instead of your squad

You may have solved it right there - I do have the correct stadium edited in and have a capacity of 3000 (which is way too high IRL) - maybe that's what the game bases the average attendance on - I'll have to load up my FM13 DB and check the capacity of other teams

That's cool - what sort of testing would you want? normal game play or a holiday game - I could do both - real game during the day and a holiday game overnight

Problem is they are all 5 stars for CA and PA before you sign them because they are compared to your current squad and when they have signed their stars are rubbish because they are compared to each other - maybe get 10 good players out of 70 :D

Always though scout reports should compare players to the league standard instead of your squad

Yeah possibly, all new stadiums I've made are 750 capacity with an expansion of 1250, so will be interesting to see how that goes for the Level 11 clubs, although I might lower it to 500 and 1500 respectively.

Whichever you want mate, I honestly don't mind. But both of those would be great :)

That's true yeah, I've noticed that as well. I never know who to sign either and just sign anyone :D I always say to myself I'm not going to sign anyone and offer contracts to my reserve/youth players. I agree with you on that about comparing players to the league standard.

I've check a couple of DBs I was using last year - yours has the correct capacity of 500 for my team (feck knows where they'd all park :D) and an average set for 50

I think the game is at fault if you leave the average gate as random and that is why the high crowds are happening (maybe hard coded for Conference North/South attendances?)

One thing I did notice when playing the other DB this year is when you play a top 2 or 3 team at home you get a nice 500 or 600 gate compared to the normal 250 - so that is a big improvement in the game this year :thup:

Re: expansions - what happens if your expansion is set for 2500 and you get promoted to say L2? Does the board actually get forced to build a new stadium or are you stuck with a 2500 limit even if you get to the Premier?

But both of those would be great

Will do both - there are things you spot actually playing the game that you don't see in holiday game and vice versa)

Holiday game will better show things like finances and attendances etc over a much longer period than you could test in proper game play because it would take too long to play a proper game for several seasons

I've check a couple of DBs I was using last year - yours has the correct capacity of 500 for my team (feck knows where they'd all park :D) and an average set for 50

I think the game is at fault if you leave the average gate as random and that is why the high crowds are happening (maybe hard coded for Conference North/South attendances?)

One thing I did notice when playing the other DB this year is when you play a top 2 or 3 team at home you get a nice 500 or 600 gate compared to the normal 250 - so that is a big improvement in the game this year :thup:

Re: expansions - what happens if your expansion is set for 2500 and you get promoted to say L2? Does the board actually get forced to build a new stadium or are you stuck with a 2500 limit even if you get to the Premier?

Will do both - there are things you spot actually playing the game that you don't see in holiday game and vice versa)

Holiday game will better show things like finances and attendances etc over a much longer period than you could test in proper game play because it would take too long to play a proper game for several seasons

Haha, most custom stadiums at Level 10 were set at 500, and then Level 11 clubs had capacities of 50, and as a training ground ticked. But making them as training grounds didn't make much of a difference. I want the option to make a fence around the ground rather than actual stands, would make playing lower level more fun.

That's possibly true, I don't touch the figures on the other leagues (say with FCUM, they'll always get around 1500-2000 a game), and they seem to work fine, it's when I set them it begins to have a problem.

A very good question, I've never progressed far with a save game, so don't know what happens. I may have to change the expansion capacities to around 25000 so there's a chance of having a decent stadium once you get into the Football League.

Thank you mate :)

Yeah that's true, another thing to ignore in Level 11 is the media predictions as they all have the same reputations (I don't like the idea of having some clubs higher reps and some lower, I want it to be a level playing field)

say with FCUM, they'll always get around 1500-2000 a game

That's because they are class :D - bought an FCUM shirt when they formed :thup:

most custom stadiums at Level 10 were set at 500, and then Level 11 clubs had capacities of 50, and as a training ground ticked

I had my team set as 3000 plus used the local school as a training ground and where the Reserves and Youth played just so the pitch wouldn't get too bad

25000 would be realistic expansion limit - even if you got to the Premier

That's because they are class :D - bought an FCUM shirt when they formed :thup:

I had my team set as 3000 plus used the local school as a training ground and where the Reserves and Youth played just so the pitch wouldn't get too bad

25000 would be realistic expansion limit - even if you got to the Premier

They are, have been a massive fan since they were formed. The best way to run a football club :)

Ah right nice, some of the reserve teams (at Levels 9/10) play at the same ground, but I'm going to make the games take place on a Sunday so they don't clash with the Saturday fixtures with the first team.

Yeah, I'm going to mass edit all the custom stadiums I've made after I've made them all to that level.

Done the East Midlands Counties League tonight, and the colours of the Kent Invicta League. Four more leagues to go at Level 10 before making basic Level 11 teams :) (have already made a few)

This is correct. It happened with my Newbury save in FM13 (this exact DB actually :brock:) If the stadium capacity is set right, every promotion the side gets, they will be required to either expand the current stadium to fulfill league requirements (obviously if the said league has stadium requirements), or if its at capacity, the club will be forced to build a new one. This is why sometimes, back to back to back promotions for LLM clubs sometimes isn't a good thing :p It hurts the finances too much sometimes, and most of the time, if you have other expansions on going (training facilities, youth facilities, academies etc), it will force the cancellation of them, to pull the funds for the new stadium expansion.

A very good question, I've never progressed far with a save game, so don't know what happens. I may have to change the expansion capacities to around 25000 so there's a chance of having a decent stadium once you get into the Football League.

25000 sounds like a good number, but bear in mind, it'll take years for the club to reach that capacity :lol:

Yeah, it's something I want to include so when I know how to do it, it'll be included :) thank you.

Have you been able to include this? After testing the FM scout version my respect for the developers of the two most stable versions (yours being one of them) has massively increased.

Have you been able to include this? After testing the FM scout version my respect for the developers of the two most stable versions (yours being one of them) has massively increased.
I'm still making the file, so when I've finished, I'll be looking at the possibility of including it. I'm still unsure on how I can do it, but I will let you know if I've been able to include it or not.

25000 sounds like a good number, but bear in mind, it'll take years for the club to reach that capacity

I suppose an option if the board doesn't increase the capacity is to use the editor to increase it - 7 or 8 years ago when I got to the Premier and getting maximum attendance but the board never increased the capacity - I would use FMRTE to increase it by 5000 every few years and reduce the bank balance by £20million

Good work FCUtdWill! Sounds like you put in a lot of thourough work. I started out with the level10 database mentioned above also. Got Pewsey Vale promoted form the Wessex League Division 1, but ended up in the Combined Counties League in stead of the Wessex Premier... There's a gamebreaker for ya..

Now I'm hooked to FM14, and my level10 save appeares to be of dubious quality, my eagerness to start a career with your file gets pretty unbearable... Mousehole AFC to the Champions League!

About capacities: Does the capacity of a stadium/ground determine the way it looks in 3d matchscreen? The Pewsey Vale stadium looks like an all covered stadium with 4 sides pitch-wide stands. Seems unrealisticly large for a 750 capacity ground. The real ground hardly has one stand (just extended roofing of the clubhouse to keep people dry). Is there a means in the editor to steer the look of the ground somewhat? The industrial surroundings also seem off in this rural community, but I gues FM randomises background scenery.. Probably not something you can influence in your file. O well, just cosmetics off course, not really important compared to your league structures and such....

Anyway, KUTGW. I'll be monitoring the workshop closely for your release.

Good work FCUtdWill! Sounds like you put in a lot of thourough work. I started out with the level10 database mentioned above also. Got Pewsey Vale promoted form the Wessex League Division 1, but ended up in the Combined Counties League in stead of the Wessex Premier... There's a gamebreaker for ya..Now I'm hooked to FM14, and my level10 save appeares to be of dubious quality, my eagerness to start a career with your file gets pretty unbearable... Mousehole AFC to the Champions League!About capacities: Does the capacity of a stadium/ground determine the way it looks in 3d matchscreen? The Pewsey Vale stadium looks like an all covered stadium with 4 sides pitch-wide stands. Seems unrealisticly large for a 750 capacity ground. The real ground hardly has one stand (just extended roofing of the clubhouse to keep people dry). Is there a means in the editor to steer the look of the ground somewhat? The industrial surroundings also seem off in this rural community, but I gues FM randomises background scenery.. Probably not something you can influence in your file. O well, just cosmetics off course, not really important compared to your league structures and such....Anyway, KUTGW. I'll be monitoring the workshop closely for your release.
Thank you mate, I've been doing a lot of research over the last few months, before FM14 came out. About the capacities, all stadiums are like that unfortunately, regardless of what the capacity is. But say, if I make a 750 capacity stadium, with no seating, you see the crowd standing in the stands. You can turn off the stadiums in the game preferences, but then you wouldn't see the crowd too.

If this is for FM14 could you either make a new thread or change the header & title as this is confusing if you are just glancing through the threads. Initially I thought this was about the previous version, which it is, but now is about the new version.

This looks very impressive, & I will certainly be trying it out on when released. You only need to publicise it better to be a big hit. (:-

Looking forward to this years one. Had great fun with your file on last years FM that was greatly appreciated :thup: Can't wait to get tucked into this years one :)

How are things going so far this year?

Thanks for your positive comments mate :) Things are going well thanks, just onto my penultimate Level 10 league :) Then making the cups, but that shouldn't take me too long.

I'm going to release Level 10 first, and then release Level 11 in the New Year.

If this is for FM14 could you either make a new thread or change the header & title as this is confusing if you are just glancing through the threads. Initially I thought this was about the previous version, which it is, but now is about the new version.

This looks very impressive, & I will certainly be trying it out on when released. You only need to publicise it better to be a big hit. (:-

See below, I will be making a new thread for it when its released. I only make threads when I release things.

He will he has said that he will start a new thread

FCUtdWill - First of all, thank you very much for the massive amount of work you must have put in to this data, it's very much appreciated.

Next thing - Is it possibl;e for me to edit a few teams in myself? I mean by replacing 5 or 6 of the teams that already exist, what I'm wanting to do is enter a team to represent all the local village teams from around my area but I need to know if it's possible to edit out a few teams in say the Evo Stick - Div 1 and edit in my teams instead?

Can it be done?..and how do I do it please?

Oh.... oh my... When I saw you were doing Level 11 I had a look at the teams that entailed; my old University (Keele) is in Level 11 (Staffordshire County Senior League). This will be amazing!

Will, you sir, are a king amongst men.

I'll be releasing my Level 11 file in the New Year, Level 10 will be out in a day or two.

Thank you for your positive words :)

FCUtdWill - First of all, thank you very much for the massive amount of work you must have put in to this data, it's very much appreciated.

Next thing - Is it possibl;e for me to edit a few teams in myself? I mean by replacing 5 or 6 of the teams that already exist, what I'm wanting to do is enter a team to represent all the local village teams from around my area but I need to know if it's possible to edit out a few teams in say the Evo Stick - Div 1 and edit in my teams instead?

Can it be done?..and how do I do it please?

No problem at all mate. Yeah that's possible, when I release the file, send me a PM and I'll send you a separate download link which you can edit (and then I'll talk you through it). But if you release it anywhere, make sure you credit me for the database.

Just watching the thread, and i'll thank in advance FcUtdWill because this is amazing, i'm eager to play it, because the FM13 version was amazing! :D

Cheers,

Bitner

Thank you for the positive words mate, much appreciated :)

Not long to go now until Level 10 is released :D

A quick update from myself:

All leagues and cups have been made down to Level 10, with all Level 11 clubs in the right leagues, but not manageable from game start.

If all goes well with testing this evening, I will be releasing a BETA version of my FM14 Level 10 file tomorrow. There are a few things left I want to do, but I want to release it in time for Christmas. The game will be playable, there aren't any major bugs on the file.

I'll be adding it to the Steam Workshop, and making a new thread on here.

... If all goes well with testing this evening, I will be releasing a BETA version of my FM14 Level 10 file tomorrow. There are a few things left I want to do, but I want to release it in time for Christmas. The game will be playable, there aren't any major bugs on the file.

I'll be adding it to the Steam Workshop, and making a new thread on here.

#winning :D

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Firstly thanks for this epic database. I'm in tier 11 at the moment and it's running incredibly slowly on my laptop even with database size set to small and detail set to minimum. I'm about to get promoted from tier 11 so if i remove the 11th tier will the database still run smoothly? Thanks

Firstly thanks for this epic database. I'm in tier 11 at the moment and it's running incredibly slowly on my laptop even with database size set to small and detail set to minimum. I'm about to get promoted from tier 11 so if i remove the 11th tier will the database still run smoothly? Thanks

Potentially yes.

What are your specs?

Archived