[FM13] FCUtdWill's England Level 11 Database

FCUtdWill, I'm impressed with the database you've created. I've been playing it for a few seasons now and managed to climb a few leagues from level 9 to level 7.

I have one minor comment about the database: It seems lower league clubs (level 7 and lower) are losing money fast and end up with a huge debt after a few seasons. I just finished season 2015-2016 and since 2012 my bank balance has gone from around £20K to -£600K and there is no sign of improvement in the near future.

When I cycle through the clubs on similar levels, the finances of 80-90% of the clubs is shown as "Insecure". This can really hurt the long term career managers amongst us because it looks like most clubs will be in Administration in the next few seasons. Have you got any ideas on how to fix this? Would it help if clubs stay amateur up until they reach level 6? or is the prizemoney at lower levels not sufficient? Not sure... Have you tested a long term save?

I really enjoy the database though and find it a lot of fun trying to sign released youth players from premier and championship clubs.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for your positive comments. I haven't been on FM13 for a while now as I've been planning for FM14. The only thing I can suggest is prize money for the cup competitions, but they won't be a lot. I really want that to happen, but whatever levels the club get promoted from they always turned semi-pro (even on my Level 24 file for FM10). There is an option in the FM14 editor for clubs to stay as amateur (regardless of what division they're in), but I want them to be able to turn semi-pro at some point though, so will have to see how that works.

• 3 weeks later...

Can't wait for this file. Loved the FM13 version.

I'd like to take Mousehole AFC (form the South West Penisula 1st Div. West) all the way to the top. I guess that's level 11 though, but patience is a virtue...

Keep up the good work FCUtdWill!

Can't wait for this file. Loved the FM13 version. I'd like to take Mousehole AFC (form the South West Penisula 1st Div. West) all the way to the top. I guess that's level 11 though, but patience is a virtue...Keep up the good work FCUtdWill!
Thank you for the positive words about my FM13 file :) Yes, they are Level 11, but as I'll be making the Throgmorton Cup (the SWP League Cup), they will be in the database so you could move them up to the Premier Division if you wanted to.

Great news - since I've been playing lower leagues for the last couple of years starting a game in the Conference South doesn't seem right anymore
Yeah I'm the same, I managed Stockport County briefly on the beta and didn't like it. I want to manage lower down the pyramid. One of my all-time aims is to get a team from the bottom (so the Mid-Sussex League Division Eleven) to the Premier League.

Highest I got last year was Conference South from level 10 and that took 15 seasons :D

Finances were totally screwed by then :(

Haha that's very good!

That's something I'm going to be looking into. I might half the winners prize for losers of games in the FA Vase, so they get some money, along with league cups. It won't be a lot, but it should be enough to cover things like that. I could even make Level 9/10 teams always amateur too, even when they get promoted to the higher levels.

Oh Ok, i'm still trying to workout how u get stuff from steam workshop lol hopefully tho when it is out I can take my local club from level 11 to prem/cl glory will take some effort tho but be a great challenge
My database for FM14 will originally only go down to Level 10, but I am planning to include Level 11 at some point.

I think only going to level 10 is good. Gathering info and logos starts to get a bit difficult once you hit level 11.

FCUtdWill,

Are the teams you are going to have to create for your db going to have different i.d's to your release for FM13?

I haven't found any problem with info about clubs at Level 11, but I'm not finding any logos.

Yes they will, I've made it again from scratch.

• 2 weeks later...
How is the progress going on the database, Will? :)

It's going well thank you, have made all the leagues/cups, just going through the clubs making sure latitudes/longitudes and club colours are all correct. I have found a bug in my custom FA Cup, so might delay the release. But I will keep you updated.

Hi! I am encountering an error when attempting to load your file. It reads:

Warning: Could not process rule group settings in [path to the file] FA Cup - Too many teams (19) requested from sussex county league division one (18 teams). After clicking ok, I am taken to the new game screen but the file is not enabled.

I was wondering if there was something wrong on my end or if it is an unintended bug that is in the process of being fixed. Thanks!

Hi! I am encountering an error when attempting to load your file. It reads:

Warning: Could not process rule group settings in [path to the file] FA Cup - Too many teams (19) requested from sussex county league division one (18 teams). After clicking ok, I am taken to the new game screen but the file is not enabled.

I was wondering if there was something wrong on my end or if it is an unintended bug that is in the process of being fixed. Thanks!

Is this for FM13? I never noticed that problem when I was testing the game. There were 22 teams in the SCL1 last year so it should work fine.

It's going well thank you, have made all the leagues/cups, just going through the clubs making sure latitudes/longitudes and club colours are all correct. I have found a bug in my custom FA Cup, so might delay the release. But I will keep you updated.

Looking forward to it!

50 is low - even an open field can sustain 200 people. You should set it higher, and ground that can reasonably be expected to be bought by the club (i.e. not major parks or national heritage land) should have at least 1000 expansion capacity (even small cricket clubs can erect a small wooden terrace stand to hold 500). Just offering thoughts from my Trinidad edits :)

50 is low - even an open field can sustain 200 people. You should set it higher, and ground that can reasonably be expected to be bought by the club (i.e. not major parks or national heritage land) should have at least 1000 expansion capacity (even small cricket clubs can erect a small wooden terrace stand to hold 500). Just offering thoughts from my Trinidad edits :)
I've made new stadiums to have 750 capacity, with around 1250 for expansion capacity. But I need to test Season 2 attendances as on FM13, you always got attendances of 50 (when they were set to 50) week in week out regardless of who they were playing. I'm hoping to release the file before Christmas.

• 3 weeks later...

That FM scout database got worse - reduces some L10 leagues to 13 teams yet some remain at 20 - in the leagues with 13 teams there was one fixture per team from beginning of March to beginning of May :D

... and Newquay and St Austell ended up playing in the Sussex league - travel expenses must have been a bugger :lol:

Hi Will

Any ETA yet? Been playing with a L10 database from FM Scout and played one season in Spartan SM D1 and season 2 there are only 13 teams :D

Looking forward to using a proper database (not hassling you - it's done when it's done :))

Hi mate,

I'd like to release it before Christmas, haven't got much left to do though. Just a few leagues to go and then making the cups.

I know which one you mean, I downloaded it to see what it was like and wasn't very good.

Yeh, same here real keen for this one. I tried opening up the FM13 DB and resaving it as an FM14 one and it didn't work, (of course, SI wouldn't make things that simple eh?) lol. I'll just happily wait for the professionals to do all the hard work :p

I tried that with my file and had a lot of failed changes, I couldn't be bothered fixing it so I started again with the file. Thank you for calling me a professional :)

That FM scout database got worse - reduces some L10 leagues to 13 teams yet some remain at 20 - in the leagues with 13 teams there was one fixture per team from beginning of March to beginning of May :D

... and Newquay and St Austell ended up playing in the Sussex league - travel expenses must have been a bugger :lol:

And what makes that even better is most Level 10 leagues finish at the end of April :D It's worse when you get a team playing from Cornwall in the Northern League :p

Just as a further note, I'll be making down to Level 11, not Level 10 as first planned. I'll be putting the file on the Steam Workshop, as three separate files, one for Level 9, one for Level 10 and one for Level 11. I'll be making it to Level 11 first of all, then removing competitions from the nation rules and saving it as different files for each level.

Every club will have proper colours and stadium (with correct latitude/longitudes) down to Level 10, but Level 11 will be a basic version. A few Level 11 leagues will have colours, but this is only due to some leagues have divisions at that level (Sussex County League and Spartan South Midlands League are two examples).

I'll be making a separate thread on here when I'm about to release the files.

Thank you for all your continued support.

Excellent news Will - Christmas is quicker than I expected :thup:

I played a season with that other database and even though it's unplayable after a season I'm hooked on the game again and can't wait to start a proper save - that was the first full season I've played since the beta even though I got the full game on release day

I'll load up L11 even though my team is in a L10 league and see what the speed is like - there should be a hell of a lot more players at least - FM does seem a bit faster this year especially if you choose "fastest processing" of AI results in Preferences - ran a holiday game to see if the league structure thing made a difference pre- and post-update and on "faster processing" a season took 8 hours and on "fastest" it took around 5 hours so hopefully my PC will handle L11 at an acceptable speed :)

Sussex County League and Spartan South Midlands League are two examples

Yes - SSM has a Division 2 at Level 11 (my team was promoted from it after doing the treble in 2008) - I even remember playing a few of those teams in my late teens/20s about 100 years ago - hated playing in the slums of Luton :D

So KUTGW but don't feel you have to rush things - I know that it's a tough job from what little editing I've done with just one club over the years and what your doing is a monster job:)

BTW I didn't mean to slag off the guy who did the other DB - it's a massive job and he put in a lot of hard work but unfortunately it all went wrong somewhere (maybe he tried to convert a FM13 DB to FM14?) - I looked at some of the advanced editing stuff and quickly left :D - loads of new stuff in the editor this year that probably makes a project like this twice as hard

Excellent news Will - Christmas is quicker than I expected :thup:

I played a season with that other database and even though it's unplayable after a season I'm hooked on the game again and can't wait to start a proper save - that was the first full season I've played since the beta even though I got the full game on release day

I'll load up L11 even though my team is in a L10 league and see what the speed is like - there should be a hell of a lot more players at least - FM does seem a bit faster this year especially if you choose "fastest processing" of AI results in Preferences - ran a holiday game to see if the league structure thing made a difference pre- and post-update and on "faster processing" a season took 8 hours and on "fastest" it took around 5 hours so hopefully my PC will handle L11 at an acceptable speed :)

Yes - SSM has a Division 2 at Level 11 (my team was promoted from it after doing the treble in 2008) - I even remember playing a few of those teams in my late teens/20s about 100 years ago - hated playing in the slums of Luton :D

So KUTGW but don't feel you have to rush things - I know that it's a tough job from what little editing I've done with just one club over the years and what your doing is a monster job:)

BTW I didn't mean to slag off the guy who did the other DB - it's a massive job and he put in a lot of hard work but unfortunately it all went wrong somewhere (maybe he tried to convert a FM13 DB to FM14?) - I looked at some of the advanced editing stuff and quickly left :D - loads of new stuff in the editor this year that probably makes a project like this twice as hard

I can't wait to play a proper save too, seems a while since I've played the game. I've noticed whenever I add a level on England (regardless of how many divisions are at that level) it always adds 1,000 players to the game.

That's not bad actually, I haven't done a full season test yet, I've only done partial tests to see what the club colours look like.

Thank you mate, I try and do a league a night, but as I'm on my last Level 9/10 league, I can make a couple of Level 10 leagues in a night.

Don't worry about what you said about the other guy. I've got used to the changes, when I released my Level 24 FM10 file, it's a rubbish file in comparison to what I can do today.

Maybe one day SI will do all this work for you (unlikely I know) and we'd also have reserve and youth leagues down to this level too

... and you'd get to play the game from release day :D

I know from adding about 6000 fake players last year that this editing lark can be almost as enjoyable as actually playing the game

Maybe one day SI will do all this work for you (unlikely I know) and we'd also have reserve and youth leagues down to this level too

... and you'd get to play the game from release day :D

I know from adding about 6000 fake players last year that this editing lark can be almost as enjoyable as actually playing the game

Funny you should mention reserve and youth leagues down to this level, but that's all I'm going to say about that, for now ;)

That's what I think as well, I love spending time on the editor making clubs, competitions etc. I've spent 49 game hours on FM14, and 54 hours on the editor in the last two weeks :p (189 hours in total).

I've sent you a PM btw :)

What SI fail to grasp is that there are many talented people who create fantastic databases

Like FCutdwil, Uncle ron and V50

Thank you for your positive words about my database, much appreciated :)

Funny you should mention reserve and youth leagues down to this level

In a way you have a lot of the work already done with the league structure and clubs then add the reserve and youth teams and their leagues (sounds easy but it's not :D)

Not sure how slow the game would be though (would the DB be virtually double the size?) certainly double the matches simulated by the PC - would probably be worth it for the added realism (and probably impact the finances slightly too as well as keeping fringe players fit) - maybe not for FM14 - FM15 maybe a more realistic target assuming SI don't screw with the editor so that this years database isn't compatible with next years

I do hate it when you are still asked at the season update if you want to enter an U21 and U18 team in a league and nothing happens and arranging friendlies for U21 and U18 is a bit time consuming :(

In a way you have a lot of the work already done with the league structure and clubs then add the reserve and youth teams and their leagues (sounds easy but it's not :D)

Not sure how slow the game would be though (would the DB be virtually double the size?) certainly double the matches simulated by the PC - would probably be worth it for the added realism (and probably impact the finances slightly too as well as keeping fringe players fit) - maybe not for FM14 - FM15 maybe a more realistic target assuming SI don't screw with the editor so that this years database isn't compatible with next years

I do hate it when you are still asked at the season update if you want to enter an U21 and U18 team in a league and nothing happens and arranging friendlies for U21 and U18 is a bit time consuming :(

Yeah, the only problem is that I can't make actual reserve teams anymore, I'd have to make them U21 leagues. But they'd still be the same leagues as real life. I'd have to make a mini-pyramid within for the reserves/youth teams too, but not have any promotion/relegation between the higher and lower leagues.

It's something I'm going to look into, if it works how I want it to, I'll add them, but if not, I'll remove them. It's something I want to add as some clubs lower down the pyramid have reserve teams playing a reserve division and then a third team playing in a feeder league.

Yeah that's true. Make your assistant arrange and take control of friendlies for the U21/U18 teams.

Make your assistant arrange and take control of friendlies for the U21/U18 teams

They used to in FM13 (usually but sometimes not) - hopefully it was down to the other DB that they didn't in FM14

No one seems to know which attributes determine if the AM arranges friendlies or not - at least it looks like the AM actually makes substitutions in friendlies now :)

Archived