I am serious! And don't call me Chorley.

SnakeXe

January 2017

JanRes.png

JanTbl.png

And so concludes a run of 21 games in 12 weeks. Seriously. How can a part-time BSN club deal with that sort of schedule?! Poorly, as it turns out. We started off with a decent enough 0-0 draw with Workington, before chucking the game away against Blyth - managing to lose after being 2-1 up with 20 minutes to play. We then scraped past Fylde after a replay to set up our FA Trophy Quarter Final date with York - but we had time to get absolutely humped 4-0 by Southport in the mean time. York pretty well outclassed us, but YP3 managed his first goal for the club to make the final few minutes somewhat interesting (not that we managed another shot on goal in that time, but still). Vauxhall put us into the relegation zone with a 4-2 win, but we climbed straight back out with a 2-0 home win over Redditch in which I ditched almost the entire first team for youngsters who weren't completely and utterly knackered.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tough time there. The harsh winter will soon be over though!

Yeah thankfully! And it's had some good outcomes, a few youngsters took their chance in that game against Redditch and have definitely expanded my first team squad.

February 2017

FebRes.png

FebTbl.png

Not the best month, but not the worst. Enough to keep us up away from the relegation zone, so we have to be happy about that. The draws against Tamworth and Bradford were both good results considering the opposition and venue respectively, and the win over Harrogate was especially important. A defeat to Nuneaton was slightly disappointing given we equalised relatively late in the game and still lost, but no disaster.

2017 Youth Intake

Intake.png

YP4.png

Another very decent looking intake, with 3 players of 4* potential and a whole bunch on 3.5*. Of the 3, I've chosen Pollitt as YP4 - we need a left back with Garner being old and rubbish, and the assman chose him as his favourite as well. Let's hope we can avoid relegation and make use of them!

April 2017

AprRes.png

AprTbl.png

Phew. Our level of form in the last month of the season was excellent, which tells me good things about the temperament of these players. It needed to be as well - despite just one defeat in April we only stayed up by two points! If we'd recorded either of our first two points totals we'd have been relegated. The win against Hednesford, where we came back from 2-0 behind to win 3-2, was the catalyst we needed. We should have beaten Colwyn Bay in the next game, but Tierney stupidly got himself sent off when we were 1-0 up and pushing for a second. Boston were perhaps fortunate to win to 0, but probably deserved the points on balance, whilst in the massive six-pointer against Brackley we did the business - Tierney on his return from suspension and Mason with the goals. As it turned out, anything but a win in this game and we'd have gone down. A brace of away draws to round out the season was enough to see us stay up - the 0-0 against bottom club Worcester saw it mathematically confirmed, before I sent a whole load of youth players out who creditably got the draw at Nuneaton.

Chorley_fc.png

SnakeXe's Career - Season 4 - 2016/17

Story of the Season:

Blue Square North - 18th

Actually a pretty decent season, the standard was just much higher around the bottom half.

FA Cup - 2nd Qualifying Round (lost v Droylsden (H))

Another awful attempt.

FA Trophy - 4th Round (lost v York (H))

A great run, defeating Accrington and Macclesfield from the BSP, before finally falling to York in what is actually the quarter-final despite the name.

Squad

I'm going to lose loads of experience this summer because our finances are destroyed and I can't renew any contracts. Next season could be tough.

Finances

Just wow.

5 Most Important Players:

5. Adam Roscoe - MRC/ST - Has always on paper been one of our best players but never showed it until this season. And now he's leaving.

4. Dale Whitham - DM/MC - His return to the team sparked that great run of November form, but generally had quite an injury hit campaign.

3. Andrew Teague - DRC/DM/MC - We're going to miss him - he'll be one of those to go.

2. Dominick Pritchard - AMRL/ST - Made a great partnership with Tierney.

1. Kieran Tierney - ST - Delivering on his promise already, just shy of a goal every other game.

Academy Watch:

Intake

Another great intake with plenty of players who could make it.

YP0 - Dominick Pritchard - AMRL/ST

If he and Tierney can consistently find form then we'll be alright.

YP1 - Daniel Jones - DR

Our first-choice right-back now.

YP2 - Kieran Tierney - ST

Established himself as Kilheeney's heir and took the goalscoring burden of the team on his shoulders.

YP3 - Mark O'Neill - ST

Scored his first goal for the club, and made a few sub appearances, but definitely not on the level of Pritchard and Tierney for a while yet.

YP4 - Rob Pollitt - DL

Made his debut in the final match of the season and did alright. Should have a bright future with a clear vacancy at left back.

History:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season  | League               | Pos  | CL     | EL     | FAC    | LC     | JPT    | FAT    | Notes                  |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2013/14 | Blue Square North    | 18th | -      | -      | 3QR    | -      | -      | 3QR    | -                      |
| 2014/15 | Blue Square North    | 18th | -      | -      | 2QR    | -      | -      | 3QR    | -                      |
| 2015/16 | Blue Square North    | 10th | -      | -      | 3QR    | -      | -      | R1     | -                      |
| 2016/17 | Blue Square North    | 18th | -      | -      | 2QR    | -      | -      | R4     | -                      |

Next Season:

Assuming HMRC don't come and wind us up and the board don't sack me, we'll be in for a tough one. Plenty of leading figures of the past four seasons are either going (Teague, Russell, Garner), or past it (Kilheeney). It ain't getting any easier, folks.

Chorley_fc.png

SnakeXe's Career - Season 5 Preseason Update

Board Expectations:

Blue Square North - Mid-table (minimum of Mid-table, predicted 17th out of 22)

FA Cup - Fourth Qualifying Round

FA Trophy - First Round

My Expectations:

Blue Square North - Avoiding relegation would be a massive, massive achievement

FA Cup - I'm not even going to try, because we still lose when we do try

FA Trophy - Still not at all bothered

Budgets:

Transfer: £0 (£0 remaining)

Wages: £2,136/week (£2,759/week currently)

Balance: £6,174 (up £579,191 thanks to the CVA)

Squad:

Don't let the star ratings fool you, this is a really weak squad.

Key Men:

Goalkeeper/Defence

Francis Wilson - DRC - With Teague and Russell gone we need someone to play out of their skin to make up - why not him?

Midfield

Dale Whitham - DM/MC - How important is he now?

Strikers

Dominick Pritchard - AMRL/ST - The new captian needs to lead from the front.

Kieran Tierney - ST - Needs to stay fit, and needs to have the season of his life.

At least it happened at the start of the season, so you have the year to fight against it. If it'd happened during the run-in you'd have been down and out... :(

Very true! I suppose if you're going to be docked points, the day after the league reset date is the best day for it.

I really hope you can pull through this it will make the adventure that much more epic. I see your players are on around £200/week each so that wage budget looks incredibly harsh.

I still believe you can do this, good luck.

Edit: Also the board expectations seem to be incredibly high????

I really hope you can pull through this it will make the adventure that much more epic. I see your players are on around £200/week each so that wage budget looks incredibly harsh.

I still believe you can do this, good luck.

Edit: Also the board expectations seem to be incredibly high????

Yeah the budget cuts were pretty drastic considering we were around £5k per week when I started. The board expectations were set shortly before administration so obviously they haven't been updated. Kind of adds more emphasis on needing to start well, if we're still bottom due to the points deduction after a couple of months I could well get sacked.

You're going to need a lot of luck this season.

Yes, I would take a hatful of luck over any sort of skill any day!

Until you reach the Premiership, the finances are always going to be tough - upgrading youth programmes really drains the finances quickly. Hope you make it!

This was my main concern really - I've always been terrible at managing my finances with small clubs, and looks like I'm no better now!

Ouch...finances in the English lower leagues are always bad.

Yeah crouchy told me on Steam that St. Albans are losing £250k per year right now. Shocking.

Eeek! Big uphill battle ahead :(

It's going to be a massive grind of constant micromanagement I think.

Pardon me Stewardess, I speak Finance.

Bravo :D

This challenge just got a whole lot harder!! Good luck with making it through to the other side

I think if we can get through this next season we'll be alright. I can keep the wages low and the team should only get better from now on.

Well done staying up but I have a feeling this season will be even tougher.

I get that hunch too!

August 2017

AugRes.png

AugTbl.png

Just the start we needed! Two home wins and two away draws see us almost having eaten up the points deduction already - my tactical micromanagement is currently paying dividends it seems. Tierney got us off to the perfect start against Harrogate with the only goal of the game, before a Wilkinson equaliser earned us a deserved point against North Ferriby. Against Workington we led 2-1 for the majority of the game, with Osei Pemberton making it 3-1 with 10 to play. Workington got one back with just seconds remaining to make the game appear closer than it was. Finally, a point against Redditch was a great result - although we could potentially have taken all 3 on balance. With 7 games coming up in September we could either be out of trouble, deep in the poo, or doing ok in a months time. My bet is hedged on the fence.

Well done. More of this should keep you up and possibly even lead you to a play-off place. I'd advise going out hard in the cups to try and gain some much needed cash if the league position is manageable.

Well perhaps - I think to be honest our good form so far is due to teams underestimating us because of our artificially low position. I think when/if we move up the table a bit it'll get trickier. Definitely going to go all-out for the FA Cup this year - a couple of hundred thousand would do very nicely for us!

Should be scraping the playoffs with those performances. Fingers crossed for a generous draw in one of the cups!

So far! We've got a side from outside the playable leagues in the FA Cup, so should be an easy progression (he says).

Been a while since I last posted on the forums :p

Unlucky with the points docking, looked like you were starting to stabilise in the BSN. Good luck for the rest of the season, assuming the club survive that long :lol:

Haha yeah let's hope they don't get wound up the second I get out of the relegation zone! (I know that's impossible on FM before anyone says...)

That's a great way to begin the season and show everyone what you're capable of. Normally, those points would have you in playoff contention. I think you may surprize a few this year :cool:

I don't really know how we're doing so much better. I'm paying more attention to the tactics I'm using and watching the matches in full detail sometimes, which is why updates are coming slower.

Hopefully you can keep the good form up and fight your way out of a relegation scrap.

Well I think we're a mid-table side really, we just need to push a little further on to compensate for the points deduction. I'd take 19th right now.

Good form going, even with having to play catch-up with everyone else.

Cheers mate.

Despite the deduction, that is as good a start as you could of hoped for.

Yeah can't complain!

Genius :D

September 2017

SepRes.png

SepTbl.png

Another excellent month (although a little fortunate I think - we were dominated in a few of these games and still got something out of it), but still in the relegation zone. We started off with a dull 0-0 away to Gainsborough, before our unbeaten record ended in style against Hednesford - who would be title challengers but for their points deduction (nice of them to join us!). We then threw away a 2-0 lead against St. Neots (shut up deadfncat), before finally finding winning form again with a 2-0 home win over 10-man Lincoln. We absolutely robbed Solihull Moors, with Kilheeney's first goal in absolutely ages giving us a thoroughly undeserved win. Hyde deservedly stuffed us at home, all the goals coming in the first half, whilst we put in our best performance of the season to thrash Macclesfield 3-0 away from home.

Nice comeback with the wins at least mate. doing well

Keep it up and no chance of relegation :)

Yeah I'm really pleased with how we've done, I definitely don't think we'll keep this form up all season because our pool of decent players is very thin indeed - if anything happened to Tierney we'd be dead - but we ought to at least survive now.

Almost out of the relegation zone and I see Hednesford have had similar troubles with finances if it's any consolation.

Yeah, although they have the luxury of being very good to get them out of bother :p

If your good form keeps up then you should be able to get out of the relegation zone no problem.

Yeah hopefully we can sustain it long enough to have a little cushion above the bottom 3 before the inevitable dip hits when our players run out of energy.

Hednesford looking very good considering they've had ten points docked too.

They're a very good side indeed, absolutely ripped us to shreds at home when we played them.

Archived