I am serious! And don't call me Chorley.

SnakeXe

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chorley_fc.png

SnakeXe's Career - Season 2 - 2014/15

Story of the Season:

Blue Square North - 18th

The level of performance was generally better this year but we just couldn't grind out results. Needs to improve.

FA Cup - 2nd Qualifying Round (lost v Vauxhall (H))

Terrible.

FA Trophy - 3rd Qualifying Round Replay (lost v Bradford PA (A))

Should never have gone to a replay as we bossed the home game, but we were never in the replay.

Squad

Jansen is retiring, but we're not losing anyone else significant. The midfield is largely the wrong side of 30, though, and the defence is rubbish as ever. I think if we could defend then it'd help us a lot going forward because we could commit more men and take more risks, but it'll take a while for my youth teamers to make a significant positive impact in that regard.

Finances

What a surprise - awful!

5 Most Important Players:

5. Dominick Pritchard - AMRL/ST - Made a good fist of replacing Kilheeney for the last few months of the season and scored some crucial goals.

4. Dale Whitham - D/MC - Relished a more offensive role in midfield - quite a turnaround from his beginnings under my management as a centreback.

3. Ciarán Kilheeney - ST - Missed a good chunk of the season and was pony half the time he did play and yet still finished our top scorer.

2. Jamie Vermiglio - D/DM/MC - Conversion to centre-back created a solid partnership with Teague, but we miss him in midfield.

1. Andrew Teague - DRC/DM/MC - A rock at the back, contributed a couple of important goals too.

Academy Watch:

Intake

A massive improvement on last year's mediocre showing, Tierney should be special.

YP0 - Dominick Pritchard - AMRL/ST

As stated did a good job of filling in for Kilheeney when he was injured, still very raw though.

YP1 - Daniel Jones - DR

Was in and around the first team this season, can expect to play more games next season.

YP2 - Kieran Tierney - ST

The golden prospect thus far, let's hope he can fulfill his potential. Already managed his first goal for us, but missed a few chances to add to it. Probably a super-sub role for next season.

History:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season  | League               | Pos  | CL     | EL     | FAC    | LC     | JPT    | FAT    | Notes                  |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2013/14 | Blue Square North    | 18th | -      | -      | 3QR    | -      | -      | 3QR    | -                      |
| 2014/15 | Blue Square North    | 18th | -      | -      | 2QR    | -      | -      | 3QR    | -                      |

Next Season:

It's difficult to see this as anything other than a regression, with one point fewer in the league and even worse progress in the cups. I've got my fingers crossed that the penny will finally drop next season, but I'm not holding my breath.

Guys I think I have no choice but to relax very slightly the rules I've set myself - the one about not signing staff from outside the club. One of my coaches has just retired, and Matt Jansen isn't interested in signing a new contract having been player/coach so I'll have no coaches, scouts or physio next season if I leave it like this. I'd soldier on and wait for some of the senior players to gain staff attributes, but I think we'd almost certainly get relegated first.

Yeah definitely. Besides, it's actually within the rules of ri916's challenge to sign staff, I was just attempting to go one step further. I think if I just prioritise having ex-players as staff then it should capture the spirit without ruining the save and thread for the sake of an arbitrary restriction. The youth players only rule will not change regardless, even if I have 10 keepers and no strikers somewhere down the line.

Good read. Is Jansen staying on in a staff role? Any of your older players making noises about their futures after playing?

No, he won't sign a new contract for some reason :( Vermiglio already has staff stats, he wants to be a coach, and a few want to be scouts. No physios though! I think any staff I sign I'll make sure to keep them on 12 month contracts so I can swap my players in for them easily.

Chorley_fc.png

SnakeXe's Career - Season 3 Preseason Update

Board Expectations:

Blue Square North - Consolidate (minimum of Consolidate, predicted 19th out of 22)

FA Cup - Fourth Qualifying Round

FA Trophy - First Round

My Expectations:

Blue Square North - Any sort of improvement on last season would be nice, but I'll settle for not getting relegated

FA Cup - I don't see how we're going to do it, being as we're rubbish, but a cup run would really help

FA Trophy - Not at all bothered

Budgets:

Transfer: £0 (£0 remaining)

Wages: £4,995/week (£4,673/week currently)

Balance: -£242,422 (down £41,950)

Squad:

Actually some serious holes now. Flitcroft wouldn't sign a new contract, and my first choice left back (who was on non-contract terms) signed for another club.

Key Men:

Goalkeeper/Defence

Andrew Teague - DRC/DM/MC - Key of the key players.

Midfield

Dale Whitham - D/MC - He has to be the leader in midfield now.

Liam Wilkinson - MRL - I keep saying this but he needs to start getting more assists. He just doesn't use his pace.

Strikers

Ciarán Kilheeney - ST - Much of how our season goes will likely depend on how Kilheeney fares after serious injury.

August 2015

AugRes.png

AugTbl.png

Well that's not a half bad start if I do say so myself! After the 1-3 against Hyde I thought we were in for a long, dark season once again, but it's been much better since then. We held firm in a 0-0 against Harrogate, before that epic 4-4 against Blyth - gutted we didn't win it, but it was a good performance in general. We then put in two excellent performances to win the remaining games in the month - going 3-0 up against Nuneaton before a couple of defensive errors took a bit off the gloss but none of the points away, and then a very tough 2-1 away to North Ferriby, including playing the last 20 minutes with 10 men after substitute centreback Jack Cudworth suffered an injury when we'd made all our changes. Tentatively optimistic, but we've been here before.

September 2015

SepRes.png

SepTbl.png

The month got off to a terrible start, losing 1-4 at home is bad enough but when your opponent has 1 point and only 3 goals from their first 5 games it really isn't good enough. The next defeat to Lincoln wasn't such a bitter pill as they're riding high in the table. We got back to winning ways in the Vauxhall game, but displayed our typical faults of dominating chances and possession and then having to cling on for the last 5 minutes because we didn't bother to score more than 1. The next result was an excellent one - with Tamworth riding high in the table I wasn't expecting much, but we recovered from going a goal down to go 3-1 up, and a formation rejig settled things down nicely again when they made it 3-2. Of course we then ruined it by losing badly again to one of the worst teams in the division. Shocking. Again I wasn't expecting much from Bradford PA, but we played quite well, and did very well indeed to equalise from 2-0 down. Riding relatively high in the table, but everything is so congested.

I wonder what the over/under will be for your league position this year. At least it looks like your players weren't underdone at the end of preseason...

I'm not entirely sure what any of this means :(

Couple of decent youth prospects there. Hopefully you'll do better in season three.

Have to hope so! I'd take 18th right now though, to be honest.

October 2015

OctRes.png

OctTbl.png

We kicked off our FA Cup campaign at home against Cammell Laird, which is just a mad name for a football club, and came away with a deserved 2-1 win to at least get further than nowhere. We then received and dished out 4-0 thrashings in the next two games, getting our pants pulled down by Telford before doing the same to Lowestoft. Prescot then did something very nasty to our exposed behinds in the next round of the FA Cup, destroying us 4-2. Probably my own fault, I underestimated them and played too many youngsters. A tight 0-0 against Solihull, who are now riding high, and a slightly frustrating home defeat to Worcester closed out the month. Still pretty solid.

November 2015

NovRes.png

NovTbl.png

A 3-0 win away to Boston was a great way to start the month, and we continued that with my first win in the FA Trophy in FM13 at home against North Ferriby. Hednesford were far too strong for us in the next game, though, and we went down 2-0 despite our keeper managing a 9.1 rating. Next up were Altrincham, the first BSP side I'd faced in a competitive game, in the FA Trophy 1st Round. We managed to get a 0-0 at home, but despite playing much better in the replay, lost 3-0, largely because their players stuck the ball in the net whilst we failed to. A home game against Marine finished the month, a 1-1 draw slightly harsh on us, particularly as we had 2 goals disallowed.

December 2015

DecRes.png

DecTbl.png

It's always nice to start a month with a win, and even nicer when it's against a bit of a bogey side like St. Neots are for us. It should have been slightly more comfortable, we went 3-0 up but had to hang on in the end as they got a couple back. We then followed this up with a fantastic smash-and-grab win away at the then league leaders Droylsden. Hyde were slightly fortunate to hold us to a draw, before we really got it wrong against Harrogate, getting stuffed 3-0. Injuries, tiredness and suspension caught up with us against Colwyn Bay, as we just couldn't recover from going behind. We ground out the result against Blyth, before Kieran Tierney put in his best performance of his career to date in smashing in a hattrick to beat North Ferriby 3-1. Not only are we well clear of the relegation zone, and just 9 points from last season's total already, but we're only 3 points off the playoffs at this stage!

Solid mid-table stuff :thup: well done Snake, keep going.

Cheers mate! You have a bizarre/excellent username, by the way.

aww come on St Neots!! also good work and that I guess ;)

Haha, bloody St. Neots scum :p

I'm giving this a go as well, will probably start a career thread on it. Then we can have a race ;)

Awesome! I bet you'll do far better than me, haha.

Good first half of the season! keep it up buddy!

Cheers, keeping it up will be the trick indeed!

January 2016

JanRes.png

JanTbl.png

I wasn't expecting much out of the Nuneaton game, but we rushed into a 2-0 lead, and managed to hold on despite their late consolation - a great result, and a third win in a row. That run ended with a pair of 2-1 defeats - the first away to Guiseley was particularly shocking, we've given them 6 out of their 25 points so far this season, just under a quarter. The second against Lincoln was more tolerable, they're a good team and a much bigger club. Fortunately the next pair of 2-1s were in our favour, the first at home against Tamworth was a great result, before a very solid performance to come from behind against Vauxhall boosted our league position to a massive 7th, equalling last season's points total at the same time!

Very impressive, really pushing for those playoff places now.

Thanks hrbfc, don't think we'll quite make it this season but it's nice to be at least in touch. Besides, if we did somehow get promoted, we'd get such a pounding in the BSP that I honestly don't think it'd be worth our while!

Good turnaround from the first couple of years.

Yeah I'm not entirely sure what the difference is this season, everything seems to be better despite probably having a slightly inferior squad due to aging and losing the odd player.

Very impressive season so far :thup:

Thanks mate!

February 2016

FebRes.png

FebTbl.png

Anyone know why every other season we only play 2 games in February whilst December and January are ridiculously congested? Crazy. Anyway, slightly disappointing month, but not too bad really. We really should have beaten Southport, especially after taking the lead twice, and having a legitimate third ruled out for a non-existant offside, but considering we were missing our first choice keeper and had the very raw McGuinness in goal I'll let it slide. Other than a couple of suspensions we were full-strength against Bradford PA, but they are a very good side, and dominated from start to finish. Providing we pick it up quickly next month I'm not too concerned.

2016 Youth Intake

Intake.png

ONeill.png

Plenty of depth to this intake, with a whole bunch of players around 3.5*, but no real potential star like last season with Tierney. O'Neill is YP3, with 4* potential, but I think Pemberton could probably make more immediate impact on the team as we're well stocked up front, but quite weak on the left.

Archived