I am serious! And don't call me Chorley.

SnakeXe

****, followed by good, followed by mixed. Make your mind up!!! :p.

I'd much rather stick with the good personally!

These youth only careers always seem so daunting to me :) But a decent 2nd season for you, sir!

So far... I'm still worried!

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

December 2014

DecRes.png

DecTbl.png

Another month where we deserved more than we got. Colwyn Bay robbed us with a last-kick wondergoal, before we had the better of the game against Solihull but couldn't find the breakthrough. We were dire against Bradford, but not as bad as the scoreline suggested away to FC Halifax, the match report noting the good fortune of the home team. We finally claimed our win for the month against bottom club Worcester, although it really should have been more comfortable considering they were battered 5-0 by FC United just days earlier. Still, another month in mid-table, and another point added to the cushion. If I were allowed to buy players I'd say we're a striker, winger and centreback from a very good side.

Holy **** - if you make it with this challenge you will have beaten this game, setting this goal would be hard playing as a team with good youth facilities and stuff, but a team that comes from Non-League through holidaying - holy sHET.

Best of luck, will follow

Damn dude. yo-yo season, make up your mind :)

good to see st neots doing well!@

How are the youth players doing? any updates?

St. Neots are turning into a bit of a nemesis, they always seem to rob us!

YP1 is playing the odd game when one of my first choice defenders is injured/suspended/unfit and not doing too badly - his potential has climbed to 3.5* as well. Other than that none are really challenging for a first team spot, although I may start blooding a couple of the centrebacks because they're good in the air so should hold their own regardless of other deficiencies at this level. Also because, Teague aside, my first team centrebacks are pony.

Holy **** - if you make it with this challenge you will have beaten this game, setting this goal would be hard playing as a team with good youth facilities and stuff, but a team that comes from Non-League through holidaying - holy sHET.

Best of luck, will follow

Thanks mate - I don't think I'd be the first to actually complete this if I did, but it certainly is looking very daunting right now!

Dwarf Fortress is a very difficult game to get the hang of, but once you have it's got quite spectacular depth. I'd definitely recommend reading up on it a bit, because it's an interesting concept. I rarely actually play it myself, but I know enough to understand what's going on when watching LPs.

I've always heard of it mentioned as one of the games that inspired Minecraft. I'll have to check it out, although rouge-likes usually end up frustrating me. For example, I've never managed to get very far in Binding of Isaac and have now semi-officially retired as I'm so bad at it and it frustrates me so much! :D

As for your challenge, wow, I'm not sure I would have the patience personally. I believe in you though SnakeXe and imagine that with very careful management you'll still achieve some impressive things in this save.

Very up and down few months there mate. You should have enough to survive though, fingers crossed for a good intake mate.

We're going to need a good one soon! Kilheeney, Vermiglio and Teague aren't getting any younger and without them we'd be in trouble.

Looks like you picked the wrong week to quit smoking.

:lol: Fortunately I have my inflatable assistant manager to help!

I've always heard of it mentioned as one of the games that inspired Minecraft. I'll have to check it out, although rouge-likes usually end up frustrating me. For example, I've never managed to get very far in Binding of Isaac and have now semi-officially retired as I'm so bad at it and it frustrates me so much! :D

As for your challenge, wow, I'm not sure I would have the patience personally. I believe in you though SnakeXe and imagine that with very careful management you'll still achieve some impressive things in this save.

This is a great place to start for Dwarf Fortress - one of the most famous LPs of the game and a brilliant read.

To be honest I'll be delighted to get anywhere beyond the BSN the way things have started! Even if I end up sitting in non-league for 20 seasons I think it'll be fun and interesting, which is why I chose it.

:lol: Fortunately I have my inflatable assistant manager to help!

Unpack Rachel and get out the puncture repair kit! I am ALIVE!

*BOOM*

:cool:

This is a great place to start for Dwarf Fortress - one of the most famous LPs of the game and a brilliant read.

Will check this out for sure.

To be honest I'll be delighted to get anywhere beyond the BSN the way things have started! Even if I end up sitting in non-league for 20 seasons I think it'll be fun and interesting, which is why I chose it.

Yeah will definitely be interesting even if progress is super slow. To be honest, it might make it even more interesting.

January 2015

JanRes.png

JanTbl.png

Our performance level has just dropped off the cliff again and I don't know why. The exact same system that won us 4 games from 5 gets us thumped 1-4. Not a single performance worth the name all month. I need to pull another rabbit out of the hat or I'll be out of a job and suffering a premature end to the thread. And I'll have to do it without Kilheeney, who is out for 6 months having torn his calf muscle.

Tough month. Hopefully you can pick it up again.

We just seem incapable of putting a prolonged sequence of even vaguely competent performances together. I basically stumble upon a new system and we win a few games in a row, then we start failing to score when we're on top and draw a few, then we just get utterly pounded into oblivion for no reason.

Ouch...not too sure what to make of that.

I'm as lost as you are mate!

February 2015

FebRes.png

FebTbl.png

Another formation change seems to have stumbled upon a winning formula - well, for one game at least. FC United were much better than when we played them last time (bloody cheats signing players), so 0-0 was a good result, then we played easily our best 90 minutes of 2015 to beat Vauxhall 2-0. Droylsden decided to ruin the party - we absolutely stomped all over them for a good 40 minutes but they came back into it and managed to score twice. Our players are RUBBISH at defending balls crossed from deep. Another plus point from this month is Vermiglio has converted well to a centre-back, which should hopefully sort out some of our problems at the back.

2015 Youth Intake

Intake.png

YP2.png

Much more promising this time! I really like the look of Tierney, with his pace he's an asset even now, but considering his massive potential he could be one to lead our line for years. The other stand-outs are goalkeeper Mohamed Marah, who sounds like a PES version of Mo Farah, defensive midfielder Aaron Puplett, and central midfielder Ross Mason. I'm glad a couple of midfielders have come through as ours is aging, and could use some replenishments over the next couple of years.

A few more seasons like this and you might end up developing a drinking problem :brock:

Well I know I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines!

Not the best couple of months, but what a promising Youth Intake!

Yeah gives us a boost going into the last couple of months, I think we only need maybe 3 more wins for survival so we should be capable. We're a bit lacking in movement up front with Kilheeney crocked, so I'm considering throwing Tierney straight in at the deep end.

No, but I'm considering a youth only career in either Hungary or Croatia.

That'd be really interesting - definitely do it :)

Definitely a great intake. Chorley just not going the way you want it too?

It is! And don't call me Chorley.

Great thread title and a good challenge to do. Good luck.

Thanks mate!

Tierney looks like quality. Also, Come on St Neots! :)

Boo, St Neots scum!

That'll be the key - clinging on for dear life until a decent set of youngsters come through, then holding on to them with both hands for as long as possible! I can see this save being bad for my blood pressure, haha.

Yeah I agree, especially at this level there's no harm in chucking them in. YP1 has made double figures for starts already this season, I imagine that'll increase further next year. He's done alright mostly, a few mistakes but no more frequent than the senior right back.

Very interesting set up! Looking foward following your career!

I just started the (much) easier version of your challenge (on fm12), with Crewe Alexandra..

Good luck with that, I don't think it'll be much easier at all but still!

Mo Marah! Beautiful! :cool:

Had a little chuckle to myself when that came up :D

March-April 2015

AprRes.png

AprTbl.png

Forgot to do a separate one for March, sorry! We've actually played very well over this period, but a combination of stupid mistakes in defence and an almost complete inability to score more than once when we're on top has screwed us over. I'm worried because I think if Cambridge, Vauxhall and FC United can manage 2 wins between them in the last set of games we'll be almost certainly going down. I really can't see us getting anything from our last game - Bradford PA away. We wouldn't deserve to stay up either - this points total would have been relegated in both of the previous 2 seasons.

May 2015

MayRes.png

MayTbl.png

That sound you can hear is all of the pent up tension and concern escaping from my body at once - what a result, albeit a meaningless one in the end as only Vauxhall managed to get past our previous points total, but still! I switched formation and went for an experienced lineup, and was rewarded as Matt Jansen popped up to fire in the only goal of the game in his last match as a player. It also means we've only regressed by one point since the first season, so that's much less terrible.

Well done surviving again.

Thanks, I think I genuinely took more satisfaction from that final day win than any trophy I picked up on FM12. Maybe with the exception of that first Champions League with Werder, that was pretty special.

Well done on staying up SnakeXe.

Any regrets on setting yourself these limitations now? :D

Haha - well I know I'd be progressing a lot faster if I were signing players and coaches, but to be honest so long as I can keep my job I think it's worth the frustration.

Congrats on surviving.Hopefully some of the youngsters will kick on next season.

I think YP1 and YP2 will definitely be making 20+ starts next season, and Pritchard will probably do the same (who I've designated YP0, he came through the academy before I joined).

Got the season write-up half finished, been out for a few drinks tonight so probably won't finish it til later tomorrow!

Nice to see you stayed up dude!

I'd half-convinced myself we'd go down, so it was a nice surprise! :p

Great intake and great to see you survive again :)

Cheers dude, yeah hopefully over the next couple of years as they come in to the team we'll improve.

Midtable obscurity is what you want! Some decent performances!

I'd love a bit of mid-table obscurity...

Archived