FM13: Chelsea F.C – We’ve Got A Star On Our Shirts Now

Bracken

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply
xDieArdUKx, is Hazard a backup for you then? He's the first name on the team sheet for me!

As for Feruz, he's coming along ok on my save, scored one or two off the bench in his first season, he's been out on loan for the last 2 for me, so I'll post a screenshot of his attributes once he's returned from that so you can see him ReggaeBwoy

I wouldnt say hes a backup because the amount of injuries and rotations i do he plays pretty much most games. I Just dont see as much from him as i have in Bale the last 10 games out on the left with Gotze and Mata more creative. With injuries and various other problems ive had to play Bale at LB twice with Hazard in AML which has been interesting. The most interesting thing ive had sofar has been De Bryune.... Who ive trained as a DM and hes been very effective deep, i figured with his work rate and other mentals being average-poor he would be a liability but next to MVila its been quality. Walking the league atm but i cant seem to shift the odd hammering where nothing seems to work and i lose to someone random 4-0 or summin. Strange

Putting tons of effort into Chalobah right now and hes starting to look a player :)

xDieArdUKx, is Hazard a backup for you then? He's the first name on the team sheet for me!

As for Feruz, he's coming along ok on my save, scored one or two off the bench in his first season, he's been out on loan for the last 2 for me, so I'll post a screenshot of his attributes once he's returned from that so you can see him ReggaeBwoy

Thanks Bracken, look forward to seeing him.

Did anyone else get a really small amount of cash for transfers for their 2nd season?

I finished my first season this weekend past after winning the club world cup, league and champs league and I got 3.5 million for transfers. This aswell after selling Torres and Lampard leaving which took a lot of my wage budget. Its not that big a deal due to all the youngsters coming back from being on loan but still found such a small amount odd.

I've just finished pre-season 2012/13 and things are looking promising.

I'm using my own 4-2-3-1 control formation which seems to be working really well.

Pre-season went well (P6 W6 GS34 GC1) with both Eden Hazard and Fernando Torres impressing. We just beat Manchester City 2-1 in the FA Community Shield.

Transfers (so far)

In - Raheem Sterling £15M (£9M upfront £6M over 48 months).

Out - Hilario £100K Academica, Yossi Benayoun £725K Sevilla, Florent Malouda £1.2M PSG and Milan Lalkovic £400K West Brom.

Academy Loans Out (First Team Football) - Omeruo (Affiliate terminated), Christensen, Ake, Loftus-Cheek, Kiwomya and Feruz.

I had a rubbish 1st season, won the Charity shield, super cup and World Club Championships but went out of the Champs league during the group stage as well as doing nothing in the FA cup or League cup. I just couldnt get the tactics to perform the way I liked. Started looking better towards the end of the season.

Dont think I will be making huge amounts of changes to the squad and will be looking to bring through some of the young talent we have. Update to come later.

Sooo, holidayed for a season and decided to see who had been sacked - Rafa! I took over at Chelsea. They finished 3rd and by the looks of it didn't make an impact in Europe or the domestic cups. Strangely no-one had been bought or sold in Jan other than Demba Ba and some random youngster. I decided I would make only small changes as I am very content with the squad;

OUT:

Hilario - Free

Ferreira - Free

Benayoun - Free

Malouda - Free

Lampard - Free

Torres - £15m

Romeu - Loan

IN:

Courtois - Return Loan

Lukaku - Return Loan

A. Ayew - £10m

Sigporsson - £7m

As you can see, very low key. I think all bases are covered. Perhaps a DM/CM light but I'll take a risk and bring in a younger player in January or just bring McEacren(sp) through. Courtois returned for Madrid, and although I offered them another loan they didn't bite, so he will compete with Cech for the top spot. I'm happy with Bertrand as cover for Cole, but will review again in January market. Ayew adds some dynamic power in midfield and is versatile. I gave though to bringing in falcao, and although I wanted a nimble striker to complement Lukaku/Ba, I didn't want anyone getting in the way of Lukaku's progress. Therefore I bought 20 goal Kolbein Sigporsson as back up. He could be our Solskjaer. I left Falcao to City. Not exactly a spectacular transfer window, but I'm trying to get the wage bill down and think Lukaku needs a clear run at the 1st spot. He scored 16 for West Brom last season. Quite a gamble but one I'm willing to take. We have a versatile squad so some will be getting positional re-training. I think I will line up like this:

-----------------------Cech------------------

Iva/Az-------Terry------------Luiz-------Cole

-----------------------Mikel------------------

--------------Ramires-------Ayew-----------

Mata----------------------------------Hazard

---------------------Lukaku-----------------

Against less physical opposition, Mata will play an ADV/P role where Ayew is.

Sooo, holidayed for a season and decided to see who had been sacked - Rafa! I took over at Chelsea. They finished 3rd and by the looks of it didn't make an impact in Europe or the domestic cups. Strangely no-one had been bought or sold in Jan other than Demba Ba and some random youngster. I decided I would make only small changes as I am very content with the squad;

OUT:

Hilario - Free

Ferreira - Free

Benayoun - Free

Malouda - Free

Lampard - Free

Torres - £15m

Romeu - Loan

IN:

Courtois - Return Loan

Lukaku - Return Loan

A. Ayew - £10m

Sigporsson - £7m

As you can see, very low key. I think all bases are covered. Perhaps a DM/CM light but I'll take a risk and bring in a younger player in January or just bring McEacren(sp) through. Courtois returned for Madrid, and although I offered them another loan they didn't bite, so he will compete with Cech for the top spot. I'm happy with Bertrand as cover for Cole, but will review again in January market. Ayew adds some dynamic power in midfield and is versatile. I gave though to bringing in falcao, and although I wanted a nimble striker to complement Lukaku/Ba, I didn't want anyone getting in the way of Lukaku's progress. Therefore I bought 20 goal Kolbein Sigporsson as back up. He could be our Solskjaer. I left Falcao to City. Not exactly a spectacular transfer window, but I'm trying to get the wage bill down and think Lukaku needs a clear run at the 1st spot. He scored 16 for West Brom last season. Quite a gamble but one I'm willing to take. We have a versatile squad so some will be getting positional re-training. I think I will line up like this:

-----------------------Cech------------------

Iva/Az-------Terry------------Luiz-------Cole

-----------------------Mikel------------------

--------------Ramires-------Ayew-----------

Mata----------------------------------Hazard

---------------------Lukaku-----------------

Against less physical opposition, Mata will play an ADV/P role where Ayew is.

Very interesting. I always keep Lampard for an extra season as i nurture De Bryune, Who is nothing short of awesome for me and someone i recommend maybe looking at incorporating. Wheres Oscar in all of your plans? For me hes amazing.

Still really want to get back into my Chelsea save but I have so much work at the moment I can't. Also doesn't help that the wages problem is pretty much ruining my game to the extent that Oscar is wanting to leave on a free now because I wouldn't give him almost 5 times his current wage :D

Very interesting. I always keep Lampard for an extra season as i nurture De Bryune, Who is nothing short of awesome for me and someone i recommend maybe looking at incorporating. Wheres Oscar in all of your plans? For me hes amazing.

Since I took over in June, Lampard was already off. I think he must have leave at end of contract box ticked as I'm using a specific DB. He went to Man Utd FFS :D Never seen that happen. Not sure I would have kept him anyway, even though he is fantastic. I will likely let Terry/Cole go end of this season too. Of course, a risky strategy letting go of the Chelsea core - I have nothing against old players, but It's a direction I want to take. Bring Chabolah through and Bertrand if he's up to it. Time will tell.

Oscar will probably play alot of games. If Mata plays in the middle, then Oscar will play out wide as an IF opposite Hazard or Moses, whoever plays. I'm big on rotation throughout the season. I may also use Mata as a false 9/Trequarista up top. Also, Luiz can fill in at DM, so the emphasis is really on having players who can play in a multitude of positions. This way I can have a smaller squad, yet more dynamic. Slightly worried about who is gonna score goals however, I hope Lukaku is ready :D

Still really want to get back into my Chelsea save but I have so much work at the moment I can't. Also doesn't help that the wages problem is pretty much ruining my game to the extent that Oscar is wanting to leave on a free now because I wouldn't give him almost 5 times his current wage :D

Sometimes you just have to use FMRTE. But it depends on how fairly you judge the situation. Oscar wanting 200k may not be that unrealistic. Though it probably is.

Just started a save with Chelsea and I'm currently 9 games into the league sitting in 3rd 2 points behind both Manchester clubs.

Has anyone managed to get Torres scoring regularly? So far for me he has 6 goals and an assist in 11 games and is in great form playing as a Complete Forward - Support, his link up play is superb.

Played FM non-stop for two days :D

Managed to get my way to the halfway point. Sitting in 2nd, 1 point behind Citeh. Utd are level with me, with Spurs 6 points behind in 4th. It's pretty tight but all of us have dropped points. I am sort of surprised that I'm keeping up with them, considering City have bought in Jovetic, Higuain - both banging in goals left right and centre - plus Eriksen and Belhanda. Their squad is amazing. Utd bought well too.

Ba started the season for me, but got a hammy injury and has only played 8 games. Sooo, Lukaku took over and in style has played superbly - 10 goals in 15 games. Just been drawn against Bayern in the CL round of 16. That's what you get for finishing 1st in your group :mad:

Terry injury problems are mounting, he's got 7 games in all comps all season - not good enough. Seriously considering letting his deal run down.

I have just got to nov 2012 and Cole has been terrible. His av rating is 6.6 and he is declining rapidly, not sure why as my coaches are nearly 5star in all areas. I have signed shaw but he is not ready yet, I think Mr Alaba will my top Jan target.

Just started a save with Chelsea and I'm currently 9 games into the league sitting in 3rd 2 points behind both Manchester clubs.

Has anyone managed to get Torres scoring regularly? So far for me he has 6 goals and an assist in 11 games and is in great form playing as a Complete Forward - Support, his link up play is superb.

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/8694/fernandotorresoverviewa.png

so i guess you could say so lol. another thing is i started with the default data base because i wanted to start like di matteo did then make my own choices i.e not sign ba etc. this means my squad is this :

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/139/chelseasquadplayers.png

i panicked when i lost mata for 3 months hazard 2 weeks then oscar 1 week (as well as terry for 1 month) but malouda has been brilliant as the play maker he may only have 1 goal and 3 assists but he is creating the space for others to get into so they can assist. Has anybody given malouda a chance in the first team? i did it so he could back up the cams to give me 3 backups as opposed to two.

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/8694/fernandotorresoverviewa.png

so i guess you could say so lol. another thing is i started with the default data base because i wanted to start like di matteo did then make my own choices i.e not sign ba etc. this means my squad is this :

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/139/chelseasquadplayers.png

i panicked when i lost mata for 3 months hazard 2 weeks then oscar 1 week (as well as terry for 1 month) but malouda has been brilliant as the play maker he may only have 1 goal and 3 assists but he is creating the space for others to get into so they can assist. Has anybody given malouda a chance in the first team? i did it so he could back up the cams to give me 3 backups as opposed to two.

Thats an impressive start from Torres. I have finished the first season and he ended up with 22 goals and 4 assists with an average rating of 7.21. But as I said before, his link up play with Hazard, Mata and Oscar is most impressive. As well as this, his attributes have risen such as Finishing and Off The Ball from 14 to 16 and his Composure from 13 to 15 which means he now looks like the top class striker he was at Liverpool.

I now have a tough choice to make for next season with Lukaku returning from loan where he won the Golden Boot with 31 goals, Torres, Ba and young Neil Maupay all vying for the lone forward spot.

Good luck with your season. :thup:

Been meaning to do this for a while, here's a look a the youngsters I still have at the club at the end of the fourth season on my save:

First Team Squad Members

Jamal Blackman - GK

Nathaniel Chalobah - MC I retrained him so he's now a natural MC, plays the holding role for me.

Josh McEachran - MC

Lewis Baker - MC

Gael Kakuta - AML/AMC

Islam Feruz - AML also retrained, he plays as an Inside Forward off the left flank

Reserves

Dion Conroy - DC

Andreas Christensen - DC

Chris Houghton - DM

Ruben Loftus-Cheek - MC

John Swift - MC

Alex Kiwomya - AMR/ST

A few of those in reserves may be making the step up next season, haven't decided quite who yet. Hope that helps for some people.

Thats some impressive development Bracken :thup:

----

Just about to play the first game of my second season. Had quite a successful transfer window, selling Torres, Marin and Nainggolan (who I bought a year ago for £9m) all to PSG for £12.5m, £19.25m and £19m respectively. Shocked to get so much for Marin but over £50m for 3 players that won't start for me is good. I brought in Mattia Destro for £5.75m and £44.5k p/w to replace Torres saving me over £100k p/w in wages. I loaned out a host of players including Baker, McEachran, Mattheus (another first season signing), Thorgan Hazard and Lalkovic as well as a few other younger players. All these players have Key Player squad status at their loan club so I'm hoping this will improve them and if not, I have the recall clause in each deal. My squad for season 2 looks like this:

GK: Cech/Courtois

RB: Azpilicueta/Wallace

CB: Ivanovic/Cahill

CB: Terry/Luiz

LB: Cole/Bertrand

CM(d): Mikel/Romeu/Chalobah

CM)s): Lampard/Ramires

AMR: Oscar/Moses

AML: Hazard/Ba

AMC: Mata/de Bruyne/Hughes

ST: Lukaku/Destro

Unsure as to what to do with Essien, Kakuta and Bruma as there is no one interested in them on loan or permanently but there is no room in my squad for them.

Unsure as to what to do with Essien, Kakuta and Bruma as there is no one interested in them on loan or permanently but there is no room in my squad for them.

I was the same with Essien, no one wanted him. Si I kept Essien til Jan 2014, played him in a few low key games, that boosted his stats abit and managed to ship him out :)

I was the same with Essien, no one wanted him. Si I kept Essien til Jan 2014, played him in a few low key games, that boosted his stats abit and managed to ship him out :)

I have thought of that too but I don't know where he is going to get any games as I have tutored Romeu with Lampard and he is now a Model Pro with 18 Determination and looking like a top quality DLP thanks to some heavy training, I really want to develop Chalobah into something special, Ramires' versatility is exceptional, Mikel was one of my best players last season and Lampard is, well just Lampard.

I'm starting my new Chelsea save (after my first attempt crashed mid September) and I was wondering what you guys do with regards to staff? I always look for English staff first before looking elsewhere but wanted your take on things.

Do you hire the best staff members in each position regardless of nationality or do you do things differently??

Been meaning to do this for a while, here's a look a the youngsters I still have at the club at the end of the fourth season on my save:

First Team Squad Members

Jamal Blackman - GK

Nathaniel Chalobah - MC I retrained him so he's now a natural MC, plays the holding role for me.

Josh McEachran - MC

Lewis Baker - MC

Gael Kakuta - AML/AMC

Islam Feruz - AML also retrained, he plays as an Inside Forward off the left flank

Reserves

Dion Conroy - DC

Andreas Christensen - DC

Chris Houghton - DM

Ruben Loftus-Cheek - MC

John Swift - MC

Alex Kiwomya - AMR/ST

A few of those in reserves may be making the step up next season, haven't decided quite who yet. Hope that helps for some people.

You have developed them quite well. Especially Baker, can't believe he got in the England squad in your game. Surprised Feruz has not been capped by Scotland in your save. Did you have Baker on any specific training to develop him so well? Did you loan him out straight away or develop him by keeping him at the club and learning through the coaches at the club?

You have developed them quite well. Especially Baker, can't believe he got in the England squad in your game. Surprised Feruz has not been capped by Scotland in your save. Did you have Baker on any specific training to develop him so well? Did you loan him out straight away or develop him by keeping him at the club and learning through the coaches at the club?

Yeah I would've thought Feruz would have a cap by now but ah well. Baker was tutored by Ramires and then Frank in the first season, then loaned out in the second, and has been in the squad for the last two. He's come on really well, I'm been really pleased with his development. You can see what he looks like at season three here if you're interested. I don't think he'll improve any more, but that's fine as he's already great for me

I'm starting my new Chelsea save (after my first attempt crashed mid September) and I was wondering what you guys do with regards to staff? I always look for English staff first before looking elsewhere but wanted your take on things.

Do you hire the best staff members in each position regardless of nationality or do you do things differently??

I usually go for the best there is, but if it's between two options I'll go for the English one. I always try for an English DoF if possible though, just personal preference. I've posted all my staff in my career thread now if you're interested

That's some sweet development Bracken :) Gonna start my save now. I'm probably not going to sign a big name striker instead riding it out with Torres for the season and wait for my future, Lukaku to come back. I too will sign Hargreaves on a free, but my question is whether it's worth it to pony up 22 million for Fellaini with the likes of Ramires, Lamps, Mikel on the team already.

I usually go for the best there is, but if it's between two options I'll go for the English one. I always try for an English DoF if possible though, just personal preference. I've posted all my staff in my career thread now if you're interested

Cheers Bracken, I'll take a look.

First Team Squad Members

Jamal Blackman - GK

Josh McEachran - MC

Lewis Baker - MC

Gael Kakuta - AML/AMC

Reserves

Dion Conroy - DC

Andreas Christensen - DC

Chris Houghton - DM

Ruben Loftus-Cheek - MC

John Swift - MC

Alex Kiwomya - AMR/ST

Incredibly impressive... almost enough to convince me to start a save.. hmm

Finished my first season using default data base and only signed falcao in jan. This is how my season went -

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/1821/waynelawloroverviewhome.png

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/139/chelseasquadplayers.png

as you can see an excellent season although im irritated that falcao has been unable to produce i want to keep torres as number 1 and sturridge number 2 with lukaku returning i cant see me keeping falcao i only brought him in because torres was injured for 3 months and sturridge needed rest plus falcao had requested a transfer and i got him for £33m.

Incredibly impressive... almost enough to convince me to start a save.. hmm

I know, I'm a Liverpool fan and in game I specialize on bringing through youth. Seems to me that Chelsea would be a great place to do that atm. Even I'm tempted. (Plus, I miss managing Torres- used to be a 50 goal a season striker last time I had him at LFC)...

First Team Squad Members

Jamal Blackman - GK

Josh McEachran - MC

Lewis Baker - MC

Gael Kakuta - AML/AMC

Reserves

Dion Conroy - DC

Andreas Christensen - DC

Chris Houghton - DM

Ruben Loftus-Cheek - MC

John Swift - MC

Alex Kiwomya - AMR/ST

Nathan Ake, Bracken?

Archived