FM13: Chelsea F.C – We’ve Got A Star On Our Shirts Now

Bracken

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished my first season with chelsea finished 2nd 4 points behind man city! Won the Fa cup (beating Southampton 3-0), league cup (beating sunderland 2-10, CWC and ESC! Dortmund knocked me out of the CL 4-1 on agg team just got shattered after so many games since I had two replays in the FA cup against Colchester (Don't ask) ad Liverpool

Bought Wellington Nem and got horou(SP) in from PSG on loan in the summer then bought inler from Napoli in the Jan window since I needed some one who could pass the ball

well in the middle of the park and also got Marcus berg in on loan to cover Torres injury. Seems that the Torres debate is the main changes to peoples games I kept him he started the season well with 2 goals in 5 league games and man of the match performances against Juve and Ajax in the CL then a slump that included 15 games no goals then a 3 month injury and 1 goal versus an already relegated Reading and then came off the bench in the cup final to score the third! Decided to get rid of him and flogged him for 12 mil to Juventus paying him 51k a week still though :(. Bought Lorente and Insigne for free start of next year as well as spending a ridiculous 51 million on Neymar mainly because Man United were sniffing round They sold herendez prob to fund the move but no dice Alexs lol. Hazard was a beast for me last year alongside 23 goals for Horou and 8 from Berg including some crucial ones! Mata was another flop had to retrain as CM but hasn't lived up to potential I renewed Sturridges contract played well in patches last year out wide and was garbage up top!

Anyone any tips for mata? Playing 4-1-2-2-1 (4-3-3!)

Only other point missed 7 Pen 4 Lamps, 1 Cahill (hattrick!) 2 Hazard So annoying!.

I've just picked up Kalas on loan for my Championship Pompey team in Season 2 and he looks a bit of a beast. How have you guys found he's developed and is he worth trying to sign permanently?

He didn't for me but that's more down to the fact he wasn't good enough for first team and nobody would pick him up on loan. £20k a week wages for me also means I will be trying to move him on now.

Also just loaded up my game after a few weeks and I am in June 2015. I have just won the league for the 2 time in 3 seasons and also won the League cup. I lost at home 4-1 to United (after I went madly attacking to try and score to make it 2-2) which meant I went out the CL in the semis (United actually lost to Spartak though). Also won the Community Shield and knocked out the 6th round of the FA cup to United in extra time 4-2. Also lost my last game to Fulham 1-0 which if I had drawn would have been 96 points and broken the PL record for points in a season.

Just looking at my squad now and how to improve it. Moses has bids from United but I have no need to sell atm as he's youngish, English, homegrown and puts in good performances. Azpilicueta who is a 3* rightback atm has interest from City. In fact they just bid £35million for him which I negotiated so I might sell him for that insane price. I still have Ivanovic and Adam Vale coming back. Vale is a 17yr old right back who already is a 2 star good PL player :D

Hey guys, I've been pretty absent from FM for quite a while, just been pretty busy to be honest and get really ****ed off with the match engine with the ridiculous dribbling bug, made my team ridiculous and defeated the need for a striker :D

Anyway, the point is, I'm coming back! As soon as the transfer update is out I'll be doing a new Chelsea save, concentrating heavily on bringing through our own youth, with the rules of my save being I can only sign players who are at least one of the following:

- British or Irish

- Under 19

- Homegrown by the club

This should give me enough players to sign and keep it interesting. I'll probably play around a bit with the game now, and start the real save when the update comes out. So, come on SI, I'm ready to go

It is worth sticking with Torres if you can, supply him as much as possible and when the goals come, so do the stats, I trained him on Complete Forward with heavy workload.

sorry i dont know how to link images that well, rightclick and view image to see the stats

2013010900002.jpg

2013010900001j.jpg

So at what age have people had Cole, Lampard and Terry retiring at? Currently in August 2015 and still have all of them. Terry is still great so he's fine. Cole and Lampard are okay still. Cole is a decent PL left back and Lampard just a good championship player. I'm hoping he will retire at the end of the season as he's not quite good enough to keep but I don't want him to leave. Same with Cole really.

It is worth sticking with Torres if you can, supply him as much as possible and when the goals come, so do the stats, I trained him on Complete Forward with heavy workload.

sorry i dont know how to link images that well, rightclick and view image to see the stats

2013010900002.jpg

2013010900001j.jpg

Torres with 17 off the ball? He starts with 10.

I have got pretty much all my team with their contracts expiring in the next year or the one after. About 5 this year but I have literally so many players the year after. At the moment I haven't agreed a new contract with anyone except Courtois because they are all asking for loads more than their current deals. Tbf players like Moses, Ramires etc. are playing a lot better than their current wage. Really it's annoying as I have got away with them having quite low wages, should have renewed their contracts before. Hazard for example wants £325k at the moment. What I will do is leave them all as late as I can and then offer them whatever I can.

I am moving into Zola Park at the end of the year which has around 58000. That should mean a lot more money which means I can spend a bit more on wages.

I have got pretty much all my team with their contracts expiring in the next year or the one after. About 5 this year but I have literally so many players the year after. At the moment I haven't agreed a new contract with anyone except Courtois because they are all asking for loads more than their current deals. Tbf players like Moses, Ramires etc. are playing a lot better than their current wage. Really it's annoying as I have got away with them having quite low wages, should have renewed their contracts before. Hazard for example wants £325k at the moment. What I will do is leave them all as late as I can and then offer them whatever I can.

I am moving into Zola Park at the end of the year which has around 58000. That should mean a lot more money which means I can spend a bit more on wages.

Congrats mate, good to see your save still going strong. I wish the data update could come out before the end of the Russian window so I could get cracking on my new save.

I hate the massive wage increases they ask for, there's a possibility this might be corrected in the next patch to be a bit more realistic from what I can tell from the forums, but that may take until FM14, who knows. On my last save I ended up selling a lot of the players simply because of their wage demands (Moses was one, Oscar too). A new stadium will definitely help though, KUTGW

It annoys me because I look at United and they have about 5 players over £100k a week. Tbf the players probably know Chelsea have more money and tbf I have loads. I have £95million and haven't bought a player for 2 seasons. Next summer I feel massive changes coming though.

With the contracts I will probably let them run down. I did it with Romeu and he actually stayed a few weeks after his contract expired. A bit unrealistic that nobody became interested in him but just as unrealistic as the wage hikes people ask for. It's Hazard I'm worried about. He's easily the best player in the league though so anything under £250k a week would be good.

Edit - Cech just signed a new deal. Went up from £100k to £130k plus 36k for clean sheets and a few million signing on. Withdrew the offers I thought I could get him lower later on. Next day he signs the contract! Annoying but oh well.

Need to look on my game and see where he is at now. I released him as he wasn't good enough for me but will be interesting to see if he developed.

Also just made it 8 consecutive games without conceding :cool: All wins except for a frustrating draw at the Britannia, which was inevitable really. Planning a big clear out in the summer though, even if I win major trophies. I am looking at possibly offloading Cech, Cole, Ivanovic, Romeu/Mikel, possibly De Bruyne and Llorente. Really want Ter Stegen as a Cech replacement but he went to Dortmund in the summer after he was transfer listed. I may go for Lucas Ocampos up front, great physical stats but just let down by finishing and composure. I will have 2 or 3 good youngsters promoted to first team duties as well so will need to buy some more. Also trying to buy Alaba and Wilshere from Arsenal as they both look great. May cost a lot but should be worth it.

edit - I am also struggling to beat **** teams away from home. Just lost 1-0 away to bottom of the league Blackpool despite them playing terribly. It's like my team just can't finish sometimes. United lost as well so could have put 6 points between us (with them having a game in hand). So annoying. Also doesn't help that Javier Hernandez is just too good on this game, as is Gaston Ramirez who United have signed. Good enough to come 2nd in Ballon D'or. Can't see him fdoing that IRL.

Hey Prodigy, where did you get Kiwomya's face? I've got most of the players but I don't have some of the youngsters as they're not included in the MegaPack (I don't think). Also glad he's doing well for you, just mental pace :D

That's a massive clearout tcoleman1, Alaba is pretty much the best player in his position, and Wilshere will make a great new Lamps for you. Hernandez is definitely too good, scores bucket loads on my saves too, hoping he gets a downgrade.

There's apparently a fix coming for the massive wage increase issue, I really hope it fixes the problems because it is a big issue. I managed to sign Hazard onto a longer deal at around £230k p/w on mine, but I had to swallow some pretty big bonuses. It's a pain, but he is worth it imo.

Hazard is the one who is worth it. Well what I think I will do then is wait until the end of this season then hold off until the new patch is out. Apart from Terry and Mata, all the other best players are expiring the season after next so I will wait until then. So far only Romeu and Cech have got pretty silly wage increases but they aren't too bad, plus Cech could be moving on soon, the same with Romeu. I did download that Agents pack in the editors hideaway, that couldn't have made it worse could it? I don't know why it would but I remember Falcao wanted loads when other people got him for less.

Edit - basically if the patch can sort out the wages issue then my game is going perfect tbh. Also hoping it makes players demand less when moving to you. Some good PL player regents trying to get £5mill in bonuses for them and their agents is just stupid. As I said, only Cech and Romeu have so far signed on deals a bit too expensive.

Hey Prodigy, where did you get Kiwomya's face? I've got most of the players but I don't have some of the youngsters as they're not included in the MegaPack (I don't think). Also glad he's doing well for you, just mental pace :D

Download the updates for the megapack, I've only downloaded 5.1 and that included many youngsters in it (all the Chelsea youth)

http://sortitoutsi.net/graphics/download_megapack/changes/29

Download the updates for the megapack, I've only downloaded 5.1 and that included many youngsters in it (all the Chelsea youth)

http://sortitoutsi.net/graphics/download_megapack/changes/29

Cheers mate, I've got the same pack (I actually do have Kiwomya apparently, just missed it haha) but it doesn't have Feruz, Loftus-Cheek and a few others which is annoying. Not sure if I've done something wrong of if they're just not included.

So the CL dream is over again. 4 seasons and I still can't win it. Semi finals against United (2nd year in a row) and I am 2-0 up at home giving me a 3-2 advantage overall. Vidic scores in the 90th minute and they beat me on pens. On top of this they were missing Rooney, Gaston Ramirez and Valencia. I dominated the 2nd leg but couldn't quite put them to bed. I just hope they lose to Madrid in the final. I am still on course for the PL so long as I don't mess up against Southampton away, Reading away, QPR at home and Liverpool at home. Plus I have the FA cup final v Swansea to look forward to.

Anybody else taken this long to win the CL?

Edit - Just about scraped the bloody league :D Won it by a point holding on to a 1-0 against Liverpool last game of the season, plus added the FA cup as well. That's me done until the new patch hopefully sorts out the contract issue then I will begin reshaping my team to finally conquer europe.

So the CL dream is over again. 4 seasons and I still can't win it. Semi finals against United (2nd year in a row) and I am 2-0 up at home giving me a 3-2 advantage overall. Vidic scores in the 90th minute and they beat me on pens. On top of this they were missing Rooney, Gaston Ramirez and Valencia. I dominated the 2nd leg but couldn't quite put them to bed. I just hope they lose to Madrid in the final. I am still on course for the PL so long as I don't mess up against Southampton away, Reading away, QPR at home and Liverpool at home. Plus I have the FA cup final v Swansea to look forward to.

Anybody else taken this long to win the CL?

Edit - Just about scraped the bloody league :D Won it by a point holding on to a 1-0 against Liverpool last game of the season, plus added the FA cup as well. That's me done until the new patch hopefully sorts out the contract issue then I will begin reshaping my team to finally conquer europe.

Congrats on another league title mate, hope you bring the CL home next season.

I really hope the update is out soon after the Russian window closes, I'm not as bothered about the patch, just want the damn data so I can start my save :D

I'm the other way round :D I really need the patch to sort out the wages so I can actually carry on, otherwise I have to either lose most my players or pay them unrealistic wages. I would have thought they are really looking at it as I have found a few threads on it in GD and in the bugs forum. I mean I know some players may ask for more because I have £100million in the bank and over £1million spare on the wage budget but that shouldn't matter, right? Players shouldn't know that stuff and then demand more. If it doesn't immediately fix it I may try editing my wage budget so it's lower, with a big transfer budget.

In other game news I have just got to June and my 18 year old Brazilian regen winger has arrived and he looks great. Lot's of youngsters coming back looking to make a break in the first team as well. Can't do anything else as United are interested in Mata and they can approach him so don't want that to happen before wages are sorted out. I did manage to unsettle Oxlade-Chamberlain though. Just had a messaged pop up that he was unhappy his (new) manager didn't let him hold talks with me. Who is Arsenal's new manager you ask? Benitez :D

I would love it if they got lumped with Benitez IRL :D I totally understand what you mean about the wages, it's incredibly frustrating. I can wait for the patch however, as I know wages won't be a problem for a couple of seasons for me at least, so I can start with the new data and wait for the patch. Hopefully they'll release both on Friday (end of the Russian window on Thursday) and we can both get on with our saves. I doubt it though :(

Don't let Mata go to those gits, one of the main things i'll have on my new save is Mata will definitely be retiring at the club, hopefully as a club legend. No chance I'm letting him go, especially not to United. I guess keeping Mata is worth waiting for the patch. Any chance of a screenshot of the regen winger?

Of course, will post a few screenshots of a few nice regens and how my current players have developed. How do I get the photos to embed themselves in the thread?

I want Mata to retire a club legend and probably Hazard as well. Hazard is already an icon. Lampard finally retiring at the end of the season but probably won't play many games, Terry is 35 so will be going soon. Might try and renegotiate with Ashley Cole so he can retire at the club as well. Tbf Arsenal have a good team on my game with a few players I am trying to steal. Wilshere has become amazing, as has Ramsey and Oxlade-Chamberlain is pretty good. Really excited for the next season as I am really going to shake it up in terms of signings. At least 3 first teamers are coming in.

Nicely done, I'm going to try and keep all those you mentioned until they retire if I can. Is Frank the all-time top scorer for you? Didn't manage to get him to break the record on my last save, will definitely be trying to do that this time.

To embed the images use [ image ] direct link here [ / image ] without all the spaces. Looking forward to seeing the regens :thup:

Cool, will post some images tomorrow then.

No he hasn't broken the record for me. He didn't score enough in the first season and from then on he wasn't first choice. I should have played him more so he could score but tbh I am happy with his status as a legend.

Quick edit - done a few screenies so will put them up later. Just loaded my game to scout some players without going forward any days (don't want United to offer Mata a contract). Just seen that Oxlade-Chamberlain is transfer listed for £14.25million now so I may bring him in. He's young, great potential and also helpful for when I want some extra wide players. I already have Moses for this but would be nice to have some other options. Also found a great striker who plays for Atalanta who has developed really well and could be got for around £12million so I may bring him in. That would mean letting one of Cavani or Llorente go. Both great players but are ageing. I did want Wilshere but realistically the only reason to get him would be because he's English. Gotze and Hazard are just as good as him if not better and I love Mata. Might give him a miss. Other than that I want to find a starting LB and another starting CB. Then I think I can properly challenge for the CL. I have seen N'Koulou has developed into a monster so might pair him with Chalobah :D

Anyway, here are my most promising regens:

Jon Banks (annoyingly low bravery being the only problem)

banksa.jpg

Anyway to make that not come up so small?

Hmm, not sure, when you upload the image are you resizing it? You could try cropping the image in photoshop or paint (or preview if you're on a mac) so that is just shows his attributes? That might make it easier read. Still, looks a top prospect from what I can see, exactly the sort of player I want in my next save :thup:

The Ox is a great player on this FM, he'd be a good compliment to Moses on the other wing, two real physical presences out wide, you'd just overpower everyone. N'Koulou and Chalobah would be a beastly partnership if they're both filling their potentials :D

Which of Cavani and Llorente will you let go? If it were me I'd go for Llorente, his lack of pace would only get more obvious the older he gets I imagine. Not a bad striking duo to have though :D

Man I wish this update and patch was out

I really don't know who to let go but because of injuries Llorente is actually rated 3.5 stars to Cavani's 3. Cavani is younger and has some better stats but Llorente is either footed. Hard choice but one that needs to be done.

Also, just seen that the Russian transfer window closes today. I really hope the patch comes out pretty soon but looking at last years and the year before, they have come out as late as 14th March. Tbh if it doesn't fix the wages then it won't do much good for me, so I really hope they have looked at it. Ramires has also upped his demands when I just looked. He is on £55k a week but now wants £235k. I get that I have £100m in the bank and £1m a week spare in wages but they shouldn't be asking this amount. Just stupid.

Hey Guys, I have started a new save with chelsea and am in only my first season. Firstly I will give you an update on my transfers.

IN:

Isco - Malaga £15m

Landro Damiao - Internacional £30m

Inigo Martinez - Real Sociedad £12

Iker Muniain - Athletic £20m

Out:

There was nothing to note here, kept everyone on for a season to see how they perform.

Totally changed my staff as well:

Johan Cruijff - Assistant Manager

Valdir De Moraes - Coach

Massimo Bonini - Coach

Anselmo Sbraglia - Coach

Rodolfo Borrell - Coach

Attilio Lombardo - Coach

Warren Joyce - Coach

Joop Hiele - Goalkeeping Coach

Valter Di Salvo - Fitness Coach

Francisco Ayestaran - Fitness Coach

Has been a great start to the season apart from the community shield which we lost 3:1, we have played 21 matches in all competitions and scored 54 goals and conceded 12. Am top of the league by 2 points and have 2 games in hand. Top spot in champions league group secured with a game remaining and a capital one cup quarter final against man city to come.

Certain players have impressed me very much.

David Luiz has the highest rating with 7.94 so far

Oscar has scored 9 goals and had 4 assists in 17 games

Leandro Damiao has 7 goals and 2 assists in 11 games

Fernando Torres has 4 goals and 3 assists in 8 games

The player who has the best stat though is Eden Hazard with 5 goals and a massive 15 assists already in only 17 games, am only in November.

Juan Mata doesn't seem to be as big with assists with only 5 assists and 4 goals in 16 games.

btw I play a narrow 4-2-3-1

The patch appears to have made the wages lower but they still ask for quite a lot. Had one agreed with Mata but stupidly tried to lower it. I just hope United don't come in for him before I can offer him a contract. Will be seriously pissed off if they do. Hazard for example now asks for £250k straight up rather than the £400k he asked for before. Tbf I also need to take into account I have loads of money and the players have developed a lot.

FFS! This contract thing is annoying me now, Mata has just signed the contract that I renegotiated and he rejected. Surely that should mean the whole offer is removed? Now he is on £170k a week, with £25k appearance fee until 2021. Tbf I'm not too bothered as it's only about £30k over what he probably deserved to be one anyway.

I suppose. Probably silly to keep him on £170k a week until 33 but hopefully at that point he will reduce his wages. Ash is retiring now and Lampard in the next year. Wouldn't be surprised if Terry retired soon as well. I am currently single out targets and planning who to buy. Still annoyed about the Mata thing but tbf I am no longer paying £95k a week for Torres and also Brana is leaving = £6.25million and £46k off the wage bill. Would have preferred Mata on sub £150k but tbh as long as my team makes a profit I feel good. Still spending £42million a year less than City on wages :cool:

Haha nice, bringing down the running costs is always one of the biggest challenges, especially when you want to keep the club legends and the new signings to turn into legends.

Here's my career thread with Chelsea for anyone who's interested:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/348576-FM13-Turning-the-Roman-Empire-into-Més-que-un-Club

I'll post a lot smaller updates here too :thup:

I'm gonna give my game a rest for a few weeks just in case they bring out anymore updates. Tbh the contracts are still really annoying me e.g. Ramires wanting £250k a week still. I'm annoyed Mata signed that contract when I thought I removed it and even some players coming in ask for loads.

Hmm debating whether to start a new game with the data update and more leagues loaded.

I currently have a save in 2018 where I haven't signed a single player and only developed the youth players. I only won the premier league once in 2013 but have won the champions league three times. I think the longer I play this way the less likely it is that I will win trophies.

New save on patch 3, will give you some info on my transfers which might intrigue some.

IN:

Fellaini - £25m

Falcao - £31m + Torres

Ricardo Rodriguez - £10.25m

OUT:

Malouda - £1.5m - PSG

Benayoun - £1.6m - Milan

Cahill - £13.5m - PSG

Mikel - £20m - PSG

Torres - Exchange deal with Falcao

The Falcao deal is amazing, have to pay off 80k of Torres' wages till 2016 but its worth it rather than him sitting there doing nothing.

New save on patch 3, will give you some info on my transfers which might intrigue some.

IN:

Fellaini - £25m

Falcao - £31m + Torres

Ricardo Rodriguez - £10.25m

OUT:

Malouda - £1.5m - PSG

Benayoun - £1.6m - Milan

Cahill - £13.5m - PSG

Mikel - £20m - PSG

Torres - Exchange deal with Falcao

The Falcao deal is amazing, have to pay off 80k of Torres' wages till 2016 but its worth it rather than him sitting there doing nothing.

How much in wages are you paying Falcao?

I have a problem, getting my strikers to score, everyone else scores apart from them. I got Damiao to do that but he struggles. I think it could be the formation 4-2-3-1. what do you guys think?

Having exactly the same problem, I just can't seem to get the ball to the striker or get him any chances. Trying to figure out why but it's difficult.

yeah, all my other players score, hazard and oscar specifically but not damiao.

Me also, My 3 CAM's seem to score ok and one of my CM's can score.

Ba's on just 2 in 13(1) though.

James Rodriguez being one of the 3 AM's is on 6 in 11 though.

I think it's because the AM's occupy so much of the space that the striker would usually use, and they bring they allow the full backs to tuck in and bring the defensive midfielders really deep. It essentially means the 18 yard area gets packed and the striker can't find space. I'm going to play around with it a little and see if I can improve my strikers rate, Ba currently has about 5 in 13 for me, Torres just 1 in 6 starts and 7 subs. Not good enough

Archived