FM13: Chelsea F.C – We’ve Got A Star On Our Shirts Now

Bracken

My save is going well atm just approaching January 2014, sitting top of the league with 1 defeat in 18 games, 4 points clear of City and 8 clear of Spurs. Man Utd, last years winners, are struggling in 6th 19 points adrift of us. We won our Champions League group containing A. Madrid, Schalke and Elfsborg setting up a tie with PSV in the First Knockout Round. In the domestic cups, my youngsters beat Liverpool in the 3rd Round of the Capital One Cup but fell at the next hurdle to a Michu-inspired Swansea. In the FA Cup, we drew Blackpool.

Current stars this season are Hazard with 8 goals and 5 assists in 16 games with a rating of 7.59. Lukaku is relishing being first choice with 15 goals and 8 assists in 23 games whilst the defence has been rock solid with Luiz, Cahill and Terry all with an average rating of over 7.3.

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Halfway through my second season and after some issues with him settling in, Cavani has proved to be a steal at 24 million (he was transfer listed by requet when i bought him and got him much cheaper on deadline day).

Anyone had issues with Lukaku and injuries? Guy cant seem to stay fit long enough to push his way into contention.

Just had Will Hughes win his first England cap at the age of 18. Been a solid rotation player for me in almost 2 seasons in charge, going to be a star but unsure whether to use him as my DLP-s or the central AM (also on support):

WillHughes_OverviewAttributes_zps7f2d4b53.png

He looks great DBurns. How much did you sign him for initially? Going to get my save rolling soon :)

Got him for £5.25m at the start of season 1. Looks like he is going to be a quality player!

So my second season in charge of Chelsea has finished and despite a lot of promise, we finished the season without a trophy finishing 2nd, 3 points Man City in the league and Real Madrid beating us on penalties in the Champions League final meaning that in 2 seasons all I've won is the European Super Cup and the World Club Cup but my job status is still 'Very Secure'. But for me, I knew the first season or two would be a transitional period as I wanted to reduce the wages and bring down the average age of the squad. In my two seasons in charge I have spent £61m and received £94m and reduced the wages down to £1.8m per week. My squad going into season 3 looks like this:

GK: Courtois / Olij

RB: Azpilicueta / Wallace / Tardy

RCB: Cahill / Ivanovic / Omeruo

LCB: Terry / Luiz / Chalobah

LB: Santon / Bertrand / Ake

RCM: Mikel / Garmash

LCM: Romeu / Ramires / Clasie / Lampard

AMR: Oscar / Torje

AML: Hazard / De Bruyne

AMC: Mata / Hughes / Mattheus

ST: Lukaku / Lewandowski / Destro

So quite a turnover of players. Cole and Cech both wanted new challenges so I let them both go. Also got rid of Torres, Moses and Marin for big money, happy with the squad although a bit bloated in central midfield but I'm looking at loan deals for some of them plus Lampard won't play much unfortunately. Probably need a better backup goalkeeper but even though I have almost £100m transfer budget and £700k per week wage excess I'm reluctant to buy anyone as I have four top class hot prospect goalkeepers coming through including Olij.

I've just finished the 2012/13 season and I thought I would post a little update. I'm looking to bring through academy players who deserve a chance and loan out some who need matches to improve. We manged to win the Premier League, UEFA Super Cup, Club World Cup and the Community Shield. I'm using a 433 system, we're passing teams off the park and getting the desired results along the way. We struggled in both the FA Cup and Capital One Cup however, losing in the third round and quarter final respectively. We were also knocked out of the Champions League quarter final against Bayern Munich. Hopefully we can improve in the cup competitions in the upcoming 2013/14 season. Last but not least, the Under 18's won the league too!!

Transfers In - 2012/13

Morgan Schneiderlin - Southampton - £7,500,000.

Nathan Redmond - Birmingham - £5,500,000.

Raheem Sterling - Liverpool - £14,000,000.

Transfers Out - 2012/13

Hilario - Braga - £100,000.

Yossi Benayoun - Inter Milan - £750,000.

Florent Malouda - Everton - £500,000.

Milan Lalkovic - West Brom - £400,000.

Squad - 2012/13

GK - Cech/Turnbull/Blackman

RB - Azpilicueta/Ferreira

LB - Cole/Bertrand

CB - Terry/Ivanovic

CB - Luiz/Cahill/Ake

DM - Mikel/Schneiderlin

CM - Lampard/Oscar

CM - Ramires/Baker

AMR - Mata/Moses/Redmond

AML - Hazard/Sterling

ST - Ba/Lukaku/Torres

Premier League - 2012/13

DY2jNaJ.png

Goals -2012/13

cogYHII.png

Assists -2012/13

b0lWqY1.png

Just had Will Hughes win his first England cap at the age of 18. Been a solid rotation player for me in almost 2 seasons in charge, going to be a star but unsure whether to use him as my DLP-s or the central AM (also on support):

WillHughes_OverviewAttributes_zps7f2d4b53.png

Hi! Sorry couldnt help but comment. I have just finished season 2, ur Will Hughes is exactly the same as mine,just won his first cap,he is even going to the World Cup even though only mainly used as rotation,I seem to get the best out of him as B2B(S) but have played him as AMC (AP) and he does well in that roll when rotating with Thiago in my Spurs save.

Hi! Sorry couldnt help but comment. I have just finished season 2, ur Will Hughes is exactly the same as mine,just won his first cap,he is even going to the World Cup even though only mainly used as rotation,I seem to get the best out of him as B2B(S) but have played him as AMC (AP) and he does well in that roll when rotating with Thiago in my Spurs save.

Will Hughes got into the World Cup squad on my save also but unfortunately broke his foot in the final warm up game and so is only getting back to match fitness now.

Yea I'm unsure as to what his best role will be, or even whether to play him in CM or just behind the striker. Cheers :thup:

Enjoying this save so much now that I've taken over both the Reserves and U18 squads as I noticed some of my better young players weren't getting game time or were being played out of position. Loving it so far, even though it is more time consuming I'm confident it'll be worth the extra time. Will post screenshots of some of my best young players later when I'm home from work.

Enjoying this save so much now that I've taken over both the Reserves and U18 squads as I noticed some of my better young players weren't getting game time or were being played out of position. Loving it so far, even though it is more time consuming I'm confident it'll be worth the extra time. Will post screenshots of some of my best young players later when I'm home from work.

I have been thinking of doing that,sorry again this is my Spurs save but i thought I would watch our u18's final against citeh and 2 of my star players were on the bench and the other 2 were out of position,not happy even though we did win,quite frustrating. Do people loan players out? I find it a waste of time half the time,they dont realli develop!

Good stuff, I sometimes think about doing that but I've got great Reserve Team and U18 Managers now, and they seem to know what they're doing most of the time.

Do people loan players out? I find it a waste of time half the time,they dont realli develop!

If you make sure they get first team football in their preferred position then you should see improvements. I find that if they play regularly in a decent league then they do return as slightly better players.

Just signed Sebastian Kaiser from Bayern Munich for £14,000,000. Really looking forward to seeing him develop and hopefully become an even better player.

LP8hLxL.png

Hello guys, I'm playing now the 16/17 season. I really enjoy to develop young players and keep always at least 2 good players to each position to avoid problems with injuries. So I would like to show you my transfers during this years and I will be gratefull if you can help me. I know that I didnt made the best decisions about which players bring or let go sometimes but I have very good results.

->>Transfers In - 2012/13

Hernán Crespo - free

Nigel Reo Coker - free

Mario Gotze - £ 33,000,000

Kenny Tete - £ 600,000

Moi Gómez - £ 4,000,000 (one of my best players nowadays)

Adryan - £ 1,900,000

Bruma - £ 3,800,000

Ronaldinho Gaúcho - free

Zé Roberto - free

Dória - £ 850,000

Javier Hernandez - £ 10,000,000

->>Transfers out - 2012/13

Florent Malouda - £ 2,400,000

Paulo Ferreira - £ 1,200,000

Ben Gordon, Jesse Starkey and Vincent Angban - free

many players in loan

->>Transfers In - 2013/14

Ashley Young - £ 13,250,000

Umit Çivek - £ 1,100,000 (HUGE potential)

André Ayew - £ 13,250,000

Marc-André ter Stegen - £ 22,000,000

Stephan El Shaarawy - £ 20,500,000

Gaby Mudingayi and Fernando Llorente - free

Dedé - £ 28,500,000

Andrea Pirlo - £ 9,000,000

Lucas Severo - £ 1,500,000

Victor Andrade - £ 5,750,000

->>Transfers out - 2013/14

Marko Marin - £ 24,000,000

Daniel Sturridge - £ 29,500,000

Fernando Torres - £ 15,500,000

Victor Moses - £ 15,250,000

Tika Musonda, Henán Crespon, Zé Roberto, Hilário, Ronaldinho Gaúcho, Nigel Reo-Coker, Sam Hutchinson, Adam Coombes, James Ashton, Archange Nkumo, Milan Lalkovic, Aziz Deen, Rohan Ince, Amin Affane, Conor Clifford, Yossi Benayon, Clóvis, Nortei Nortey, Tom Howard, Danny Stenning, Lamisha Musonda - free

Ross Turnbull - £ 1,700,000

Oriol Romeu - £ 5,500,000

Gaby Mundigayi - £ 575,000

many players in loan

->>Transfers in 2014/15

Sébastien Corchia - £ 14,750,000

Eduardo (shakhtar), David Villa, Xabi Alonso, Kaká - free

Fábio (Man Utd) - £ 1,800,000

Tom Huddlestone - £ 10,500,000

Cesc Fábregas - £ 36,500,000

Edinson Cavani - £ 40,000,000

->>Transfers out - 2014/15

Chike Kandi, Jonathan Muleba, Fankaty Dabo, George Cole, Reece Mitchell, Isak Ssewankambo, Alex Davey, Ashley Cole, Jhon Pírez, Daniel Pappoe, Adam Nditi, Anjur Osmanovic, Kevin Wright, Sam Walker, Matej Delac, Todd Kane, Alex Kiwomya, Jordan Houghton, Ben Killip, Jeffrey Bruma, Mitchell Beeney, Samuel Bangura, Ali Gordon, Ambrose Gnahore, Ismail Seremba, Walter Figueira - free

Branislav Ivanovic - £ 26,500,000

Andrea Pirlo - £ 3,900,000

Gael Kakuta - £ 2,600,000

Kevin De Bruyne - £ 14,000,000

Michael Essien - £ 3,000,000

John Obi Mikel - £ 26,500,000

Javier Hernández - £ 27,500,000

Ramires - £ 34,000,000

many players in loan

->>Transfers in 2015/16

Martín Hanuch - £ 2,900,000

Pablo (granada), Zlatan Ibrahimovic - free

Paulo Ferreira ( FCP) - £ 2,100,000

Leonardo Ibáñez - £ 3,000,000

Daniele De Rossi - £ 20,500,000

Wayne Rooney - £ 51,000,000

Jajá - £ 625,000

Deco (São Paulo) - £ 725,000

->> Transfers out 2015/16

Kaká, David Villa, Patrick van Aanholt, Billy Clifford, George Saville, Lewis Baker, Dion Conroy, Nathan Aké, Kenny Tete - free

Fernando Llorente - £ 9,500,000

Juan Mata - £ 25,500,000

Ruben Loftus-Cheek - £ 575,000

many players in loan

->> Transfers in 2016/17

Washington (Vitória) - £ 2,500,000

Jack Wilshere - £ 46,500,000

Phil Jones - £ 32,000,000

Hulk - £ 26,500,000

Arjen Robben - free

->> Transfers out 2016/17

Ashley Young - £ 11,250,000

Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Xabi Alonso, Josh McEachran, Ulises Dávila, Thorgan Hazard, Bertrand Traoré, Lucas Piazon, Lucas Severo, Andreas Christensen, Islam Feruz - free

Gary Cahill - £ 20,000,000

Romelu Lukaku - £ 21,000,000

Tomas Kalas - £ 3,300,000

Nathaniel Chalobah - £ 2,400,000

André Ayew - £ 35,000,000

So that's it, if you can show me better players to bring or sell I will really appreciate. My current players in the first team are : Petr Cech, Marc- André ter Stegen, Thibaut Courtois; Phil Jones, David Luiz, Dedé, Dória, Sebastien Corchia, César Azpilicueta, Fábio, Ryan Bertrand; Daniele De Rossi, Tom Huddlestone, Hulk, Jack Wilshere, Oscar, Eden Hazard, Cesc Fábregas, Adryan, Moi Gómez, Arjen Robben, Mario Gotze, Stephan El Shaarawy, Edinson Cavani, Wayne Rooney and Victor Andrade.

Moreover I still have £ 95,000,000 to spend and more than £ 3,000,000 in salaries to use. Another good thing is that I am playing in a new stadium with capacity of 60,000 people.

So I hope you enjoy it and help me hehehehe.

After a short break from FM, I've decided to try a Chelsea save. I normally play as teams with not too much money or with squads that need rebuilding, so this should be a welcome change from the norm.

I'm going to do my usual thing and leave the staff almost untouched for the first season, although I did release the Head of Youth Development and bring in Blackburn's. (I forget his name). I also ditched a couple of poor Scouts and brought in someone to scout Africa. Finally I brought in an extra coach to improve the technical coaching. I'll have a bigger shake-up in the following summer.

On the playing side, obviously the squad is pretty strong in most areas, though I have made some changes. Benayoun and Malouda were transfer-listed and had interested parties from the off so I was able to quickly sell them (for £1.1mil and £1.3mil respectively).

I brought in Neal Maupay for £1.3mil in compensation and I met Mattheus' release clause of £975k. As there are some promising younger players on loan and in the U18 side, I didn't want to go too mad immediately with youth purchases.

To bolster the first team, I've brought in Etienne Capoue for £13mil which now means I have three DMs which should be sufficient. I am in a quandry though regarding other areas of the squad. Firstly, upfront. Firstly, do I recall Lukaku so I have three strikers? Or do I recall Lukaku, sell Torres and bring in a top-level striker (e.g. Lewandowski)?

What I do regarding the strikers also affects what I do with the RB position. I would like another RB as I feel Ivanovic isn't fast enough and Ferreira, while a useful backup, won't cut it week in, week out. Do I try for a season loan ready for a big signing next summer, or go for broke now? I suppose it depends on what funds I have available after dealing with the striker situation.

Tactically I think I've settled on using a 4231 Narrow for most games with a 4231 (DMs) for trickier ties. I'm still trying to work out how best to employ Hazard, Mata and Oscar together. Hazard seems to do well so far as an IF-A and Oscar has been sublime as an AP-S, but Mata is proving tricky.

Finished season 3 by winning the league on the last day of the season following a winner takes all game at the Bridge against Man City, with Lewandowski coming off the bench to score the winner! In the Champions League, we were beat in the first knockout round to the Galacticios of Real Madrid meaning they have beaten me in the last three Champions League campaigns (Quarter final season 1, final in season 2 and now the first knockout round in season 3). In the domestic cups, my youngsters won the Capital One Cup beating Middlesborough, Wolves, Brentford and Wigan along the way before defeating Southampton in the final. Meanwhile in the FA Cup, we beat Birmingham, Brentford (again), Stoke and Arsenal before Swansea beat us after extra time in the semi final.

Transfer wise, for the incoming season I've had a mass clearout selling players totalling £91m and just bringing in two free transfers - a young Danish regen AMC/ST and the versatile Kwadwo Asamoah to provide competition primarily at LB to Bertrand.

Lukaku has yet to hit the form I've seen in other people saves but he has had a fair few niggly injuries and been rotated with Lewandowski and I also have Neal Maupay back from two extremely successful loan spells at Newcastle and Lille as well as young Paul Gill (who I really want to develop as I have also taken over as Ireland manager and he will be my first choice striker for the next 15 years) so I may sell Lukaku

Guys I am in 2015 and Real Madrid have just made a £27m offer for Azpilicueta, he has been amazing for me, but am torn in two. what should I do. If I do sell who can I bring in that is just as good?

No, definitely not! I'm just finished season 4 now and in December 2015 Barcelona approached me to become their manager and I saved the save before accepting the offer (but fully intend to return to my Chelsea save at some point) and the first signing I made was buying Azpilicueta for £17.5m but I would gladly have paid double that for him. Personally, think he is the perfect full back and also a fantastic tutor and future captain!

----

As I said, took over at Barca and brought Azpi with me and now have agreed summer deals for Chalobah, Paul Gill and Sawadogo (a regen I bought for £700k and developed for 2 and a half years). However, Chelsea beat me in the Champions League semi final and it was only then I realised what an incredible squad I had at Chelsea when comparing the strength in depth to my Barca side. When I go back to my Chelsea save and finish season 4 I'll post up screenshots but for now I have an European Championship to win with Ireland and Paul Gill.

Back on my Chelsea save, just into Jan 2016 and just completed the signing of this South African regen for £375k. His mixture of technical and aerial ability along with his decent creativity means I'm looking to seeing him develop. Unfortunately, he needs a work permit so he is off to Genk for the rest of the season before I need to decide whether to develop him for the next season then loan him out to get his WP or get his WP first and hope he still has potential to fill by the time he gains the WP.

TselisoMakobe_OverviewAttributes_zpsc23d4f25.png

Even better news came on Christmas Eve however:

DarrenBurns_NewsInbox-8_zpsf1dfa59f.png

Squad going into season 5:

GK - Courtois, Olij, Hart

RB - Azpi, Rangel, Monin

CB - Chalobah, Redknapp, Dunton

CB - Luiz, Clerc, Borracha

LB - Asamoah, Stewart, Katsadouros

DMC - Romeu, Loftus-Cheek, Gilpin

RCM - Hughes, Ramires, Clememt

LCM - de Bruyne, Kinlan, Sakor

AMR - Oscar, Sawadogo, Makobe, van Persie

AML - Hazard, Vidal, Mladenov

ST - Lukaku, Gill, Inglese

A very young squad now that Lampard and Terry have retired and joined my coaching staff. My new captain is Azpilicueta with Lukaku and Luiz as vice captains. RVP is just there until Makobe earns his work permit and I am very short on tutors for my young forwards and so he will be a decent free signing.

I am again raking in the money, in my time at the club I've spent £106m and recouped £321m whilst reducing the wage bill to £1.6m whilst bringing the average age of the squad down. Another point is that unintentionally now there are only 10 players in the squad that aren't homegrown by the club or that aren't young enough to become homegrown. A great change from the squad at the start of the save.

Our last group game in the Champions League, we have already qualified. So we head to Turkey to play Bursaspor with a squad of u21's and a starting 11 all under 20 and not expecting much:

BursasporvChelsea_PitchSplit_zpsbdd0ebd4.png

Chelsea_SquadPlayers_zps6b025758.png

Im currently in my third season in charge. Won the EPL twice and currently going strong heading into February.

Singed Jones from Man Utd who, in my opinion, becomes the best cb in the game and potential future captain. Wilshire also joined us in the CM dlp role, hes doing agood job sitting behind oscar and mata. Hazard out on the AML If role with Lukaku banging in the goals as a TM.

David alaba also joind and has been brilliant on the LB as has Fellaini in the DMC AM role. Loving the game at the moment, this is shaping up to be my best ever FM team.

Won the champions league last year (season 2) hoping to retain it this season although we have a tough knockout starr to Bayern.

Remain unbeaten this season and are still currently in all competitions, won the charity shield, super cup and world club championship.

Well done on winning the league the first two seasons as well as Champions League success. How's your squad look now? Done far better than me, this is what I have achieved so far:

ChelseaProgress_zps363590a9.png

Well done on winning the league the first two seasons as well as Champions League success. How's your squad look now? Done far better than me, this is what I have achieved so far:

ChelseaProgress_zps363590a9.png

Thanks Dburns, I will be home in a few days and possibly get some screenshots on, I use a weird kind of tactic: 4-1-1-3-1 kind of:

Solid back four (Alaba, Jones, Terry, Azpilicueta)

DM anchor man (Fellaini)

MCR deep lying play maker (Jack Wilshere)

AML inside forward (Hazard)

AMC Attacking midfielder (Mata)

AMCR Inside forward (Oscar)

ST Target man (Lukaku)

I have Muniain on the bench to rotate in the attacking positions.

I play quite wide, attacking and retain possession. The team works very well together and often dominates possession while able easily break with players like Oscar and Hazard.

Wilshere's English (if you look for that sort of thing) and has a more consistent distribution of stats, in my view. Although having managed Gotze at Dortmund, he is tremendous if a little injury prone.

Personally I'd sign Wilshere, but it's a close call.

3 seasons in, I have two bids accepted for Wilshire and Gotze. Both for 40 million. Which should i sign?

It depends what you need mate, however, I cannot recommend Wilshere enough. I have no experience with Gotze but Wilshere is outstanding in both MC and AMC positions.

3 seasons in, I have two bids accepted for Wilshire and Gotze. Both for 40 million. Which should i sign?

Two different types of players, Jack is more of a box to box player whereas Gotze is more of a no.10 a playmaker playing off the striker and considering you already have Mata, Hazard and Oscar as playmaking/creative midfielders you may be better getting Wilshire.

Ok cheers guys. Oh one more though, Zouma or Nasatic? Never signed either so not sure who might develop into the better player.

Zouma may be cheaper as Nastasic will be signing from a rival, unless transfer listed and Zouma is younger IIRC, but I had Nastasic on my Barca save and he is quality so you wont go wrong signing either of them.

First time I have really gave a big team a full season (not really got into FM except my Pompey save this year).

Started as Chelsea as I have way too much man love for David Luiz.

First Season

4150ef5ad89c0939c3a92f72e3a73b1d.png

Managed to grab 4th on the last day of the season, I started the season so well and it just crumbled about. Way too many draws in the middle of the season destroyed the momentum. So glad to have CL football, would of been sacked if not.

Crashed out of the CL in the knockout stages to Juventus. Wasn't pretty. Lost the Super Cup in the last minute to a penalty from Falcao. Lost the Community Shield 3-2. Out of the 4th round of the FA Cup to ... Blackburn .. wow, and Carling Cup quarter finals to Arsenal.

It really was a bad season.

Signings

Only signed 2 youthful players to bring into the first team, didn't really want to change the squad and buy someone big first season. Only players I sold were players that weren't getting near the first team, Benayoun and Malouda. A few left on loan, notably Bertrand.

Josh Stones - DR/DC - £14m - All upfront - [End of season screenshot]

Really come along, never used him or even heard of him before. Was only bringing him in as a young alternative to Azpilicueta, but put in quality performances to keep him out the squad. Quality player and 5 star potential so I am pretty happy with him, he had one of the highest average ratings of the squad.

Luke Shaw - DL - £15m - All upfront - [End of season screenshot]

Not really a fan of Bertrand, so decided to sell him and get Shaw in the squad as soon as possible to give Cole those breaks he often needs in 30's now, while giving Shaw the experience he needed.

Top scorers & performers

So happy to see Lampard top the scoring chart, I played him just behind the striker with Mata/Oscar either side of him. Hazard didn't get much time due to injury unfortunately. Torres truly is woeful, wow... when Demba Ba got injured, I pretty much had more faith is Feruz than I did him. My main problem this year was scoring goals, a goalscorer is definitely needed in the team.

Top scorers

Lampard - 19

Ba - 15

Torres - 11

Ramires - 9

Mata - 8

Top performers

Terry - 7.49

Stones - 7.41

Ramires - 7.40

Lampard - 7.36

Mikel - 7.35

---

All in all, a terrible season really :D This is why I hate using big teams. The only positive out of the season was Lampard getting top scorer, which is only because the reliable striker was injured a lot and Torres was awful, Lampard was the only person single-handedly winning the team games at one point.

Going into my fourth season after winning all 7 compititions. We were lucky in quite a few games but the defence with felainni in the anchor man DM have been outstanding.

The board have agreed to build a new stadium so this is chelseas last year at the bridge.

Really loving the game and have some cracking regens... HOWEVER... 5 or 6 key players contacts run out in a years time and they are all demanding between 150 and 230k a week.

Mata wants a wage increased of 120k and fellaini who is already on 180k wants 230k and massive signing on fees. Annoying!

Season Two [2013/14]

Much, much better year! After being 5th at the turn of the year going into January, I managed to turn things round and win the title on the last day of the season on goal difference, unlucky United. Rectified the problem from last year of not scoring enough goals and the strikers not really scoring with Ba racking up 25 goals this season. Lost the penultimate game 1-0 to Burnley away and thought I'd thrown away the title as I was 1st, but United drew the last game of the season and I won, meaning the title was mine.

869da0fe0114a09aa9c02410bbbff277.png

Champions League drew us against Juventus for the second year running, this time in the quarter finals, where they knocked us out after extra time in the second leg. FA Cup we was knocked out by yet another Championship side, this time in the 5th round rather than the 4th, and in the Capital One Cup we was knocked out in the first game away to Burnley 1-0 (hate Burnley).

Signings

Given a £44m budget and I spent the lot on two players, as always, I buy my transfers all upfront. Hate abusing the 48 month method.

Raphael Varane - DC - £32m - [End of season screenshot]

Varane is another player I haven't tried on FM13, and he had a solid season for Real Madrid keeping more experienced players out of the team. Initially Madrid wanted £49m but managed to knock em down after a lot of negotiating. He instantly become the perfect partner for Terry, knocking Luiz to the bench or CDM role. He still has 5* potential so looking forward to seeing how good he becomes.

Corentin Jean - ST - £12.5m - [End of season screenshot]

Corentin joins fellow countryman Varane into the Chelsea team, another player I haven't used or heard of but one of my scouts brought him to my attention. 5* rated potential as well so exciting prospect and an alternate style of striker to Lukaku. Jean is an impact pace player I look to use against slower defences, hopefully building him up to be a world class poacher.

Out

Torres, Cahill, Essien and Bertrand the main people to leave the club. So glad to get rid of Torres as much as I use to love him. Valencia bought him so hopefully he can kickstart his career again in Spain.

Torres - £2.5m

Cahill - £9.25m

Essien - £2.5m

Bertrand - £3.4m

Marin - Loan

De Bruyne - Loan

Courtois - Loan

Top Scorers & Performers

Lampard again at the age of 35 up there scoring the goals and a lot of them wasn't penalties again. Started to decline ever so slightly, but gave him and Terry another year. Both have been amazing and well worth an extension. Cole as good as he has been, demanded a £20k increase in wages, where as Terry went from £175k to £100k, and Lampard £120k to £80k, I refused to give Cole a payrise so he will be leaving come the end of the season. Pleased with Varane's first season at the Bridge, what a signing he could turn out to be in a couple years time. Ba really came through for us this year scoring 25 goals but I am looking to replace him, harsh as it sounds. Lewandowski turned us down to join Barca on a free, so he is off my wishlist.

Top scorers

Demba Ba - 25

Frank Lampard - 15

Romelu Lukaku - 15

Eden Hazard - 13

John Terry - 8

Top performers

John Terry - 7.52

Frank Lampard - 7.51

Raphael Varane - 7.50

John Obi Mikel - 7.48

Ramires - 7.47

---

As I said, really pleased with the season. First time I have won the league with a big team on FM in ages!

Next year I want to sign a striker, left back and a holding midfielder as Romeu is not going to be good enough and I don't want to keep putting Luiz there to fill in. Hopefully Champions League next season!

Also Wallace joined the club from Fluminese as an already arranged transfer of £4.3m, that leaves me now with 3 amazing right backs.

Stones is English, so he is definitely stay... Azpilicueta is brilliant (wanted by PSG) and Wallace is 5* potential along with Stones, currently Wallace is on a season loan at Real Madrid.

EDIT: Ashley will now be staying at the club, I think after he realised nobody was charging around for his signature, he has signed a one year extension for £77k a week. Hopefully come the end of next season, Shaw will have come on enough to start most games.

Next year I want to sign a striker, left back and a holding midfielder as Romeu is not going to be good enough and I don't want to keep putting Luiz there to fill in. Hopefully Champions League next season!

I beg to differ on that:

OriolRomeu_OverviewAttributes-3_zps2c948c35.png

Yeah, 22 on mine and still looking average. I prefer to let him go elsewhere and sign someone stronger for the role I want.

Just finished my 1st season which was made quite tough my selling players and then injuries. Just about managed 3rd place, we were trailing United with Spurs for most of the season but fell behind with a few poor results in March. I like how realistic the bottom 3 were

:D

mIT4Im2.png

We didn't have a great deal of sucess in the domestic cups. We beat Fulham 2-0 in the Capitol One 3rd round but lost to West Ham on pens in the 4th, mostly playing young players in that. In the FA Cup 3rd round we beat Barnsley 3-1 but lost 2-0 to Everton in the 4th round.

We won the Super Cup, beating Athletico 2-1 with Ba getting both goals. We also won the CWC, beating Ulsan 3-0 then Corinthians 2-1 in the final.

Our European record this season wasn't great. We came 3rd in our CL with Ajax, PSG and Maribor. We lost twice to PSG and once to Ajax. In the Europa League we beat Fenerbache 5-3, Young Boys 5-1 and AC Milan 7-1 until we lost 4-2 to Napoli in the Semi Final.

Transfers

YWc9gWZ.png

Not a whole lot of transfers either way, got rid of some of the overpaid, useless players like Hilario and Malouda although i do which i'd have kept them from depth in hindsight. Spent big on Hamsik who had a decent 1st season, playing as a DLP or AP behind the striker he got 10 goals 4 assists in 46 apps. Will Hughes played more than i anticipated but done alright, making 33 apps (19 sub) he got 3 goals and 4 assists playing across the whole front line in various forms.

Season Stats

F6HxRHV.png

We were quite unfortunate to suffer from injuries to all our foward players apart from Torres. Oscar missed the start of the season and Moses got injured a few games in and in January. Mata was out for 3 months from January and then for a further 3 weeks after 2 matches. Just as Mata returned to fitness we had Hazard get injured for 2 month so he missed the final part of the season too.

Our top performers were almost all defenders although i must add that Luiz did fade as the season went on. Torres done alright given that he's not that great, he managed 25 goals 10 assists in 55 games. Ba on the other hand was awful, getting 7 goals in 28 games and just 1 in 17 in the league

Obviously the squad will change with the loanees returning in the summer but i definitely need to strengthen the wings and up front, might have to start looking at Left backs too. I have found a very very promising 14 year old CM/CDM at Dortmund who i'm keen on trying to bring in.

Hi everyone. Currently in my second season and the squad looks like this in a 4-4-1-1 formation with wingers.

Cech

Wallace, Ivanovic, Terry, Baines

Hazard, Fabregas, Essien, Ayew

Mata

Rooney

I am having huge difficulties scoring goals, especially from my strikers (Rooney, Hernandez and Lukaku). The wingers are set with attacking duty, Fabregas is a supporting deep lying playmaker and Mata is an attacking advanced playmaker. The striker is either an advanced forward og complete forward. Any ideas on how to improove?

Hi everyone. Currently in my second season and the squad looks like this in a 4-4-1-1 formation with wingers.

Cech

Wallace, Ivanovic, Terry, Baines

Hazard, Fabregas, Essien, Ayew

Mata

Rooney

I am having huge difficulties scoring goals, especially from my strikers (Rooney, Hernandez and Lukaku). The wingers are set with attacking duty, Fabregas is a supporting deep lying playmaker and Mata is an attacking advanced playmaker. The striker is either an advanced forward og complete forward. Any ideas on how to improve?

You seem to have a very good side there to be fair. However, how old are Terry and Essien?? What year are you in? Maybe more Mata to the left, drop Rooney deeper and sign a world class poacher? I am sure Rooney has a preferred move of coming deep to get the ball so you will never have someone stood in the box waiting to smash it in!

Is anyone else just waiting for Mr Mourinho to take over IRL here? I bet this thread goes mental when he does with people starting a new game as Chelsea, one of which will be me....going to get started tonight.

You seem to have a very good side there to be fair. However, how old are Terry and Essien?? What year are you in? Maybe more Mata to the left, drop Rooney deeper and sign a world class poacher? I am sure Rooney has a preferred move of coming deep to get the ball so you will never have someone stood in the box waiting to smash it in!

Is anyone else just waiting for Mr Mourinho to take over IRL here? I bet this thread goes mental when he does with people starting a new game as Chelsea, one of which will be me....going to get started tonight.

Second season. Terry is 32 and Essien 31 if I remember correctly. I have actually done what you said, pushing Mata down to left wing and Rooney down as a trequartista behind the striker. This has gone well, but not very well. There are still games where the team isn't producing anything, but in other games we can win 4-0. I might change the formation alltogether for next season.

On the bright side we aren't conceding any goals. After 35 games we have only conceded 11. In spite of this I am looking to swap out Cahill and Kalas which are my two backup central defenders. Any suggestions there? I am looking at Kyriakos Papadopoulos at Schalke which has immense physical and tackling abilities, but he lacks concentration and decision making.

I've already started a new save with a Mourinho-looking approach to the save. I'm using the first season to evolve a relationship with the senior players, and making the squad fluid in the tactic I'll look to employ. Currently there are alot of young talent out on loan, which I'll be looking to get the best off in the coming season.

Bought three players in the first transfer window, bringing in Luke Shaw (long term replacement of Ashley), James Ward-Prowse (long term replacement of Frank) and bringing back Didier Drogba on a two-year contract to tutor the strikers and he's proved his worth.

Mata clinched us the first trophy, against City in the Community Shield, while Drogba secured the UEFA Super Cup trophy. 8 matches into the league, I'm third, one point behind league leaders Tottenham.

I've employed a 4-3-3 wide formation, which looks like this:

-----------Cech-----------

Azpi -- Iva -----Terry -- Cole

-----------Luiz------------

-----Ramires - Lampard ---

Mata ----------------Hazard

----------Torres-----------

Mata is playmaker in this formation, using his creativity to go inside or outside of the fullback, creating havoc, which have given Torres quite a few goals. Hazard started slowly, but is now starting to up his game as well from his inside forward position.

As I'm trying to emulate Mourinho, I'm looking to improve the determination to win, while creating a positive relationship with the players, and making small changes to the tactic, attempting to exploit any weaknesses.

Archived