[FM13]40 Years of Management and I End Up In Bloody Crewe

AcidBurn

270px-Associa%C3%A7%C3%A3o_Chapecoense_de_Futebol_logo.svg.png

3rdDivision18GamesEnd.jpg

Fixtures.jpg

Two important wins and a draw ensured that we qualified for the play-off's but once again we came up short and failed to get past the one match that would see us promoted. We were unlucky to lose in the first match and our inability to take our chances was obvious. Onwards to next season now, the only thing that slightly annoys me about Brazil is we need to play at least another 18 matches in the State Championships before he can get a shot at promotion again.

Best 11

Best11.jpg

Strange that Celsinho was selected as a striker in the best 11 being as he spent most of his time playing at AMC. The obvious thing is once again the lack of goals from the attackers which is just something I don't seem to be able to sort out. I am happy enough with the midfield and the defence GK was a bit dodgy as you can see.

Fans Player of the Year - The fans nominated Diego Macedo as their player of the year, well deserved in my opinion he has a mean free kick with all 5 of his goals coming from direct shots from free kicks. He also set up a fair few goals with his delivery into the box and his corner taking ability, he is a key player for the upcoming season.

New Signings

Luisinho

One of many loan signings that will arrive. Luisinho has great teamwork and workrate with an added ability to pass the ball which will hopefully mean he can set up a few goals for us.

Jonathan

Just a a decent all round player attributes wise can play in a few positions which is always helpful at this level.

Kleber

He might be slow but he is easily the best signing of my career so far, his mental attributes are miles ahead of any other player in the league and he should prove to be a key signing. I was surprised that his club were willing to pay all of his £30,000 a week wages to allow him to come here.

Vitor Junior

Not brilliant but offers a bit of pace in midfield which we have been missing at times, hopefully if he can get forward enough he will cause some damage to the opposition.

David Braz

Another loan player this time a CB from Santos will offer competition and cover to the current three CB's.

Caio

Not a brilliant striker yet but has tonnes of potential so I thought we might as well take him on loan and give him a chance of first team football.

Next Seasons Board Expectations

State Championships - We are expected to learn from the experience but I am aiming to qualify for the play-off's as I am sure anyone would.

Third Division - The board expect us to be competitive but after the last two seasons of disappointment I aim to get promoted to the 2nd Division and I think with the signings we have this is a very real possibility.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I feel like its all going to come together this time around!
I'm sure you'll do it this season!

Let's hope you're right, I am quite confident though.

How's your patience levels? :D You'll get there eventually!

Already had the missus looking at me for swearing too much, hopefully we'll get there this year or I'll end up breaking something.

StateLeague9Games.jpg

Results.jpg

A brilliant first phase for us look at all those goals two matches makes it look like we are scoring by the bucket load. Finally in Kleber we have a striker who is scoring 1 in 2 which is a hell of a lot better than the 1 in 5 we've had in the past. Pity about the result against Figueirense otherwise we'd have gone undefeated also a pity is the fact that we did not score in every game. We will go on to face Figueirense again in the semi-final of the first phase play-off's where we can hope for revenge.

Impressive defensive record. Are you going to detail your findings on the back 3 at all?

Thanks, I wouldn't really know what to write about the back three. At times they are unbreakable but against 4-4-2's they struggle due to the lack of fullbacks, I think wingbacks are extremely attacking so it all works well when we have control of the ball but if we're under pressure it's not the best.

Epic season :cool: Any good youth in the academy?

Not yet we have poor youth facilities but I think we'll get a few decent youths at some point.

Good so far this year.
Excellent performances so fat :thup:

Cheers, just hope it can continue into the 3rd Division.

2ndplayoff.jpg

Play-off's didn't go as planned we did get revenge on Figueirnese with a convincing 2-0 win over them but then lost to Criciuma despite being 2-0 up at one point.

2ndphase.jpg

2ndresults.jpg

Looks like it's back to the inconsistency that seems to haunt all my play on FM13 so far. Kleber kept scoring but the goals from other areas seemed to dry up big time, Caio scored 4 goals in his last 3 after not really starting that many, I think he could be key in the 3rd Division. Not much else to say apart from I need to be better in the 3rd Division to ensure that we get promoted. I have tried to bring a few players in on loan but everyone I target either ends up joining another club or we don't have the money to make the deal happen.

2015.jpg

3rdDivision.jpg

What can I say we really struggled at the start with two losses and two draws but then we managed to turn things around. Three wins and a draw helped us zoom up the table. In the end we only just managed to get into the play-off positions. The best moment was the 3-0 win over Caxias which gave us a bit of breathing space in this game Diego Macedo scored three free kicks to make sure we won convincingly. Although we lost our next match and drew the final one it was enough to see us go through it was nervy as if we'd have lost then Araguaina would have gone into the play-off's in our place.

We then drew Icasa who had finished 11 points clear at the top of their group however they were no match for us as we destroyed them 5-1 over both legs. Celsinho leading the way with two good goals in the first leg then we really out played them in the second leg at their place to secure promotion to the 2nd Division. We then went on to face America(RN) in the semi-final's despite a disappointing 1-1 draw at home we out played them at their place with Diego Machedo once again scoring a free kick to start us off to an easy win. Lastly we faced Itabaiana in the final losing 1-0 away I really fancied out chances away from home but we went 2-0 down very quickly, despite a good fight back it was all too late and lost out on being crowned 3rd Division Champions.

But who cares we got promoted!

Well done making it through all that and going up.

Cheers, very pleased to have been promoted.

That's the stuff! Should be slightly less infuriating now :D

Just a little bit, I can just go out and enjoy next season, we're too good to go down but not good enough to get promoted at the first time of asking.

i always enjoy those types of seasons where your two good to go down but not good enough to go up, always fun just seeing what happens

I like these sort of seasons just because there is no real pressure.

So you finish 4th and go up and the champions don't.

The Brazilian system confuses me.

Seems a bit weird but effectively the league is just there to get into the play-off's, win the first play-off match and you go up.

Nice job on promotion :thup:
Congrats on promotion, well done.

Thanks. Let's hope we can have another promotion in the next few seasons.

Best11Again.jpg

Good to see some players in double figures for once, Kleber, Caio and Celsinho although not prolific all got a few goals for once and wing back Diego Macedo got 9 goals thanks to his ability from free kicks. Despite all these goals the Fans Player of the Year was given to Romulo who was absolutely key to everything we managed to achieve. We could maybe do with a new GK but any with better attributes than Rodolpho are hard to come by yet he did not perform well.

SquadDecimated.jpg

AvoidRelegation.jpg

Well first off due to stupidly big contract demands from many players our squad has been decimated and we now have only 13 players left. At least we have £10 to buy some new ones, to be fair we do have a big wage budget to try and bring in another 8-10 players. All we have to do is avoid relegation which I think we can with the players remaining plus the ones I will buy. Out media prediction is 17th but I think we can finish well away from going back down to the Third Division.

Transfers

Wanderson

Wanderson has been on loan with us for the last three seasons so I decided to sign him on a free, he's not great but can cover both wing back positions.

Vinicius Orlando

A very good signing has some great mental attributes and should be a very good defender for us.

Romario

Slow but decent mentally and should once again be a reasonably good signing at the back provided he doesn't face too many pacey front lines.

Murilo Gomes

Once again lacks pace but should be a decent back up/rotational player for the club.

Mauricio

Not brilliant but should provide a good back up to our current strikers.

Marcos Rogerio

Good for this level should give a bit of safety to the back four although lacking in a few areas needed to be a top player at this level.

Hyago

Another loan player signed to cover Willian at left wing back and allow Wanderson to cover right wing back.

Guilherme Mattis

Not that good but needed to sign him up to make up the numbers should be okay as a back up CB to the main ones.

Ewerton Pascoa

Good in the tackle and reasonably everywhere else I think he could turn out to be a good player for us in the middle of the park.

Chiquinho

Pretty quick and can play in lots of positions which is important due to the amount of games we will end up playing this season.

Almir

Old but worth a punt has decent all round attributes and should prove a decent signing.

It is also worth adding that I have renewed the loans for Caio and Kleber as I think there partnership was starting to work well and could be enough to keep us in a safe midtable position. Romulo has also agreed to return on loan for another season. A very busy window but if the players can blend into a team quick enough then we'll be more than fine for next season.

I like the look of Orlando :).

Very very good player for this level, probably capable of playing in the First Division as well.

Transfer budget of a tenner, dont spend it all at once.
Good thing you can pump plenty on wages.

I think £10 is a bit of a bug there's no way a board should be offering that as a transfer budget, they should just offer £0 rather than that.

StateEndofLeague.jpg

Results.jpg

Not a great season but we made it to final where we lost to Figueirense. Not much else to say Kleber kept picking up a few injuries and despite losing a few games we played really well in them even the 3-0 loss to Figueirense. The wing backs have been the best thing so far playing some great stuff but at times it looks like the we can't score thing is back again. Celsinho has worked himself onto the club favoured personnel with some good displays and an ability to never miss a penalty. It was pleasing to win on penalties against Avai but then disappointing to lose 1-0 in the final at home.

StateEndof2ndStage.jpg

cups.jpg

Same record as the first phase we just scored and conceded a couple more goals but due to Criciuma's good form we failed to qualify, to make matters worse we will head into the Second Division on the back of being knocked out of the cup at the first time of asking. Celsinho has played really well and if it wasn't for him I think we'd have been even further away from the play-off's. I have to wonder if maybe we aren't too good to go down when the proper season starts.

My Santarcangelo team would be virtually promoted with 6 games to go, then tank and miss out by goals/a point. EVERY YEAR.

Sounds a lot like my side bottled it twice before finally getting to the Second Division and the State league seems virtually impossible to win, it's annoying but better than winning everything straight away.

Well hello there Miss Chapecoense.. *wink*

Nice going keeping your self afloat.

The economy seems to be better.

Is that the Zezinho who played for Juventude? If so, he is a Legend in my book. he scored a goal from the kick off spot almost and helped me take Juventude from Serie C to Serie A in 3 seasons in a previous FM.

Btw.. great thread and keep it up!

Well hello there Miss Chapecoense.. *wink*

Nice going keeping your self afloat.

The economy seems to be better.

Is that the Zezinho who played for Juventude? If so, he is a Legend in my book. he scored a goal from the kick off spot almost and helped me take Juventude from Serie C to Serie A in 3 seasons in a previous FM.

Btw.. great thread and keep it up!

Cheers, it's a different Zezinho it's one who's kicking around in the lower leagues.

Tough endings to both phases. Jut need a little extra for those final hurdles.

It's something I need to try and change because it's really annoying lol.

Hope the league goes better.

So do I, for some reason the State Championships seem harder than the league.

Oh yeah.. I support Figueirense but you knew that.

Avai and Figueirense are big rivals

Really irks me to see Figueirense not dominating.

I find Figueirense hard to to beat despite them not being a great side even compared to mine they always preform well against me even when I get the win.

2ndDivision10Games.jpg

10Games2nd.jpg

Not a bad start to life in the second division depending on how you look at it we're either unbeaten in the last 5 or we can't score unless we play America(MG) to get six goals away from home but fail to score in 3 of the last 4 is just typical of my side. I don't think we'll make the top four and get promoted but hopefully we can have a good ho. Caio and Kleber seems to score in batches rather than consistently. I'm very pleased with our away form as we have only narrowly lost when we were away add that to being undefeated at home and who knows what could happen. Based on previous seasons we would have to break 60 points to get that fourth place which is a big ask.

2GamesIn.jpg

Attributes wise he is not the greatest player around but Celsinho is an important part of our side, this happened after the third game and despite him being key we have so far managed very well without him. Let's hope it can continue.

Did you laugh that your head physio is called dudu ? LOLS

Also, sign me up for Miss Chap ;)

Great campaign so far. The league makes no sense, but you seem to be mastering it

Also, update yo logos bruthaman

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/club-competition-logos/71897-blogos.html

Lots of Dudu in Brazil lol.

I've never adding graphics to the game they don't slow things down in anyway do they?

Archived