[FM13]40 Years of Management and I End Up In Bloody Crewe

AcidBurn

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
£22? Maybe you can transfer in a coffee fund :D

Not enough to convince Miss Chapecoense to serve it up though.

Looks like life in Brazil is good! How are you finding the long seasons? I've never played in Brazil but maybe tempted in the future in my current save. All those competitions look confusing!!!

They are a bit at first but after you play through them a couple of times there easy. The only thing that annoys me is that if I do well in the league I have to go play at least another 18 games in the State competitions before I can have another crack at the league.

270px-Associa%C3%A7%C3%A3o_Chapecoense_de_Futebol_logo.svg.png

Transfers In

Tiago Cardoso

Signed because he was the only GK willing to join and we only have one at the club.

Renato Ligabo

We were in desperate need of another CM and out of all the ones interested this guy was the best.

Diego

Bit of a risk signing this guy the ex-Wolfsburg, Juventus, Bremen, Santos and Porto player joins on a free transfer. Has really poor attributes in places but could maybe create something, I think he'll be back up most of the time as he's not really the sort of player needed for a relegation fight.

I managed to renew the loan deal for Yago but I'll admit we are in trouble. There are simply no players worth signing on free transfers, I missed out on several players due to not being able to offer enough of a weekly wage. Loan deals are out of the question because every team now wants monthly fees that we simply cannot afford.

State Championships

State9Games.jpg

Fixtures1st-1.jpg

Not the worst we've ever done a few convincing wins but then a total spanking by Joinville in the semi-final. Macedo and Celsinho are probably our only players decent enough to play in the upcoming first division.

State9Games2ndPhase.jpg

Fixtures2nd.jpg

Awful as we failed to qualify and got knocked out of the Brazilian cup by a non-league side, despite having all the play and all the shots we just couldn't score. The only positives are the performances of Celsinho, Macedo and youth product Evandro. If you think this is bad wait until I post the next update!

JobOffer.jpg

Surprisingly just offered this job but why would I drop down a league and not at least try to survive in the First Division, couldn't hit the reject offer button quick enough!

1stDivision20Games.jpg

FixturesFail.jpg

Well we are 7 points adrift after only 20 games and have only won three matches. We started the season with a win over parent club Atletico Mineiro then things just went bad very quickly. We failed to score in six matches running then suddenly spanked Flamengo 3-0 only to be decimated the following game by Internacional. We bagged a third win over Goias but I cannot see where the next win will come from. I've tried to convince the board to hand over some cash but then I noticed we have a little bit of debt, they won't budge on the wage structure either we are screwed! Strangely we were placed in the Copa Sudamericana, apparently qualifying for this event can go as low as the sides promoted from the Second Division depending on who's left in the cup and who's in the Libertadores.

I guess this is why I put failure into the title of the thread, it's not so bad though because I kind of expected to get destroyed we just don't have the players to compete at this level. My job is still stable though and if/when we go down I am confident that I will not be sacked.

1stDivision34GamesRelegated.jpg

safety.jpg

Relegationfixtures.jpg

And that's it at a complete end. We got totally outclassed for most of the season and we were relegated with 4 games to spare finishing a long long way from survival. I have however managed to keep my job and I will be staying and looking to get promoted straight back to the First Division. Due to ticket money and TV money we have made a bit of cash and have a healthy bank balance of just under £5 million so hopefully the board will allow me a couple of million to spend in trying to get back to the top division. Evandro was reasonably good playing up front or on the wing it was a big season from the teenager and hopefully he can turn into a decent player for the club.

The highlight and perhaps a run that helped me keep my job was reaching the Quarter Finals of the Copa Sudamericana only to be eliminated by Bahia who despite being in the Second Division have a much better squad than us player for player. Well here's to next season, I hope this extremely poor season will not put you off my thread.

I am quite a bit ahead of where this thread is at I wrote my updates and kept them on the PC so when I posted them I had wrote how I felt at the time. I will be posting an update from the State Championships and then one half way through the season as well as one for the end of the season until I catch up to my pre-wrote updates

unlucky for the relegation, but you rebuild and get back up i know you can do it.

Thanks, I think if I can bring in a couple of good players it'll be enough to get back up. It's the jump from 2nd Division side to 1st that is so big.

Easy. Beer.

Well done on promotion.

I'm sure someone has probably requested that feature in GD lol.

Tough season, though 1 point for every £ of the budget isn't bad value.

Never looked at it that way, maybe the board agree and that's why they never sacked me.

Best11.jpg

I don't really know how we can get a "best 11" after such a terrible season but apparently we can. Not many positives at all Yago was pretty good on loan and Evandro was decent considering his age. I did attempt to play a different formation when things were going bad but nothing really worked out properly.

Career Round Up

Third Division - Took over to play the promotion play-off match but lost on away goals.

Third Division - Finished 4th and lost in promotion play-off

State Championships First Phase - Finished 7th failed to make play-off

State Championships Second Phase - Finished 2nd won semi-final against Criciuma and won final against Figuierense

State Championship Final - Lost 7-2 against Figuierense

Third Division - Finished 3rd and lost in promotion play-off

State Championships First Phase - Finished 6th

State Championships Second Phase - Finished 7th

State Championship Final - n/a

Brazilian Cup - Lost in 2nd Round against Guaratingueta

Third Division - Finished 4th beat Icasa 5-1 over two legs in QF, beat America(RN)4-1 over two legs in SF, Lost final 3-2 over two legs to Itabaiana

State Championships First Phase - Finished 1st Beat Figuierense 2-0 in semi-final play-off, lost final 3-2 to Cruciuma

State Championships Second Phase - Finished 6th

Brazilian Cup - n/a

Second Division - Finished 7th

State Championships First Phase - Finished 4th beat Avai in play-off semi-final lost 1-0 to Fuguierense in Final

State Championships Second Phase - Finished 5th

Brazilian Cup - Lost in 1st Round 3-1 over two legs against Madureira

Second Division - Finished 4th, won promotion to First Division

State Championships First Phase - Finished 2nd beat Joinville 2-0 in semi-final play-off then lost 3-2 to Avai in play-off final

State Championships Second Phase - Finished 2nd beat Figuierense 3-0 in semi-final lost final 2-1 against Avai

State Championship Final - Lost 7-0 over two legs against Avai

Brazilian Cup - Lost in 1st Round 5-1 over two legs against Goais

State Championships First Phase - Finished 2nd beat Joinville 2-0 in semi-final play-off then lost 3-2 to Avai in play-off final

State Championships Second Phase - Finished 2nd beat Figuierense 3-0 in semi-final lost final 2-1 against Avai

First Division - Finished 20th, relegated to the Second Division

State Championships First Phase - Finished 3rd lost 4-1 against Joinville in play-off semi-final

Brazilian Cup - Lost in 1st Round 3-2 over two legs against Camacari

Players In

Gege

I've got a good feeling about this player he looks like he could make a big impact for us in the 2nd Division and add some creativity to the squad.

Junior Santos

Getting on a bit but has a good eye for a pass and is obviously a flair player, signed a contract to be a player/coach as well so is helping out in more areas than just the match day.

Pinga

Has big potential after being released on a free transfer so I signed him up, I'm not sure if he'll ever become a very good player but it's worth a punt.

Vagner

We needed a new GK and this guy is miles better than what we currently have so hopefully he can help us get straight back to the First Division

State Championships

State9Games.jpg

1stState.jpg

An awful start with two bad defeats in a row but we turned it around well enough to make it to the play-off only to be spanked by Avai. The new signings seem to be doing well especially Gege.

State Championships 2nd Phase and Brazilian Cup

State9Games2ndPhase.jpg

State2nd.jpg

Things went very well all the way through until we met Avai who once again beat us convincingly. We some how managed to lose the semi-final despite having all of the play and a whole bunch of chances, when the game went to penalties I was not confident and luck never went our way. We managed to beat two lower league sides in the cup to advance to the third round where we will face Figueirense who we have a good chance of beating. Could we get on a decent cup run?

Second Division

2ndDivision26Matches.jpg

fixes.jpg

We sit in a very decent place after 26 games but it's still extremely close at the top with 4 points separating 1st and 6th. We've starting scoring a lot of goals recently which can only be a good thing but we are prone to conceding a few like we did against Nautico at home. In Marcao we seem to have found a player capable of scoring a few goals for us, Gege is firing well to. I think there's a good chance we could hold on and get promoted again. We managed to beat Figueirense in the Cup and then we went on to beat Rio Branco(ES) in the fourth round to book a place in the quarter finals against Avai who will no doubt beat us.

Feijao.jpg

33Games350kbidforFeijao.jpg

We've received a bid for home grown talent Feijao, it's a decent-ish offer but as you can see he is progressing pretty well. I told them I wanted £1.5 million but they withdrew their offer, I never expected them to accept it but for me every player has their price and that is around what I would accept for Feijao.

WillianGone13Games.jpg

Bad news for us as fan favourite Willian wanted too much money to stay and wouldn't sign a new contract so we had to lose him for free to Hadjuk, we just couldn't compete with what they are willing to pay him.

Willian nooooo :(

Top of the league is looking tight and not much between the top 6. Good luck mate :thup:

Thanks, I know I was annoyed he's won fans player of the year a couple of times and is one of the only consistent players I have but he wanted 8k a week to stay that's a load of money to us.

Endofleague.jpg

endof2nd.jpg

We were already promoted with two games left so the last two didn't matter that much, still it would have been nice to have won the three of the last four that we lost because that would have been enough to see us named as champions. I expect Gege will continue to improve and will be a key player for us next season. Marcao had a few injuries little injuries here and there which explains his lack of goals towards the end of the season.

Best11.jpg

Decent all round from the team as you would expect in a promotion winning side. Celsinho was disappointing and he didn't really seem to perform as he has done in previous seasons under this new system. Marcao was a consistent scorer and Gege proved to be a great signing bagging 14 goals from midfield, Evandro continues his development grabbing a dozen goals from very AMC positions and as a striker at times. Overall I'm very happy with the squad and I think that we are stronger now than we were when we got promoted a couple of seasons a go. With the right signings we can hopefully survive next season.

ChairmanAcceptsFeijaoBid34Games.jpg

It's nice to see the protest transfer button but it wasn't needed as he rejected their offer and signed a new contract with us. This is great news as I really think he can become a top level player for many years to come and help us achieve any success that we can get.

Was a shame to see you get relegated but well done on bouncing straight back :thup: Protest Transfer button seems like a handy feature for those with idiotic boards.

Cheers, it's been a much requested feature for a while now so nice to see it finally added.

Career Round Up

Third Division - Took over to play the promotion play-off match but lost on away goals.

State Championships Second Phase - Finished 2nd won semi-final against Criciuma and won final against Figuierense

Third Division - Finished 4th beat Icasa 5-1 over two legs in QF, beat America(RN)4-1 over two legs in SF, Lost final 3-2 over two legs to Itabaiana

State Championships First Phase - Finished 1st Beat Figuierense 2-0 in semi-final play-off, lost final 3-2 to Cruciuma

Brazilian Cup - n/a

State Championships First Phase - Finished 4th beat Avai in play-off semi-final lost 1-0 to Fuguierense in Final

State Championships First Phase - Finished 3rd lost 4-1 against Joinville in play-off semi-final

Second Division - Finished 3rd, Promoted to First Division

State Championships First Phase - Finished 4th lost 4-0 against Avai in play-off semi-final

State Championships Second Phase - Finished 2nd lost on penalties against Cruciuma in play-off semi-final

Brazilian Cup - Quarter Finals where we lost 4-2 to Avai over two legs

Players In

Dario Rojas

He's rubbish and will only play a part in the State Championships as I need a few players to ease the strain and help the other keep their fitness for the relegation fight.

Jackson Xavier

A bit slow but has bags of potential, we couldn't afford a permanent deal so I'm hoping if he develops I can keep loaning him.

Kieza

Our parent club have sent him on loan, I don't think he'll play much but once again could help to keep my better players fit.

Massari

Not brilliant in the tackle but if I switch to wing backs again he doesn't need to be, he is strong mentally and should be a decent signing.

Danilo

He can finish and has a bit of speed so could come in useful.

Adriano

Bit slow but good in the tackle and can spot a pass could be a very useful player for us in the middle, hopefully good enough to win the ball and initiate a counter attack.

Adailton

I tried to sign this guy on loan a few seasons a go but couldn't afford his wages, I also tried to get him to sign with us but he rejected us a few months a go. Eventually he agreed to join and could be key in our survival.

Overall I think we could have done better but once again the money is tight and we'll just have to do our best and hope to survive. I think we can just about do it if we get a bit of luck.

TakeoverComplete.jpg

TakeoverMessageFromChairman.jpg

LossesAnnounced.jpg

I feared for the worse when I got the message about a board takeover but it turned out to be okay. Financially we were crippled from relegation, we had a good bank balance from the profit made in the First Division and it's a good job because as you can see we lost a lot of cash over the course of this season. The new chairman has pointlessly taken out a bank loan, we are in debt but the money from the First Division would cover this. We get hardly any TV money in the second division and just under £6 million in top league football.

NewSponsorship.jpg

We've also doubled our current sponsorship deal which can only be a good thing for us.

Now we head into the State Championships were we can hopefully gel enough and win enough to be optimistic about our chances in the First Division. Here goes lol.

1stPhase.jpg

results.jpg

One of the best State Championships we have played so far just a pity our two losses were at home. We had the pleasure of destroying Figueirense in the semi-final but then lost in the final to Criciuma who seem to be making problems for us every time we face them. Adailton is settling in nice scoring a few goals after a slow start. Evandro once again just keeps getting better and I really have high hopes for him to keep getting better. Ben Hur although not that great was another academy player to make his first team debut this season.

2ndPhase.jpg

Results2.jpg

Very poor after the first phase and now it seems to be Criciuma who have become our bogey side instead of Avai. We beat Avai in the semi-final and then went onto lose on penalties in the final which was extremely annoying after dominating the game. Then we faced Criciuma in the proper final and had a chance to win the State Championships but we messed up and they once again beat us. I'm not sure I'll ever win this State Championship.

We also took a lead in the first round of the Brazilian cup with a very very convincing 3-1 away victory over Avai. We also won away from home against Bahia in the first game of the First Division but that doesn't give me too much faith as we also won our first game last time we played at the top level.

1stDivision10Games.jpg

ressies.jpg

We've made a cracking start to life in the First Division and for me all I will be looking at is how far the gap is between our current place and those relegation places. Obviously the further away we can get the better, it was a pity we couldn't have picked up a few points during the run of home games against Avai, Santos and Internacional but it wasn't to be. For some reason there was no 2nd leg of the Cup meaning no return match against Avai so we went through to face Tupi who we beat easily in the home leg but struggled in the away one.

1stDivision21Games.jpg

21.jpg

Not the best run but enough to keep us 8 points from those relegation places. A four home game run was nowhere near as good as I wanted especially the two losses to teams just below us in the league, it's all if's and but's I just wish we could have won the two home games against Bahia and Ceara. We did bounce back well with a 4-2 beating of Vasco but we are starting to concede an awful lot of goals as you can see, at least 2 a game for the last 7 matches is unacceptable. We were unlucky in the cup losing on away goals but it was much more important to win the home league game against Vitoria than it was to progress in the cup and we did just that.

Overall I am happy with our league position but slightly disappointed we couldn't have taken a few more points here and there.

Well done on getting back up at the first attempt and I'm sure you can stay up this time. :thup:

Btw, what happened to Sao Paolo?

Thanks, not sure what's happened they still have a decent side including a striker worth £22.5 million.

endofs.jpg

Endof.jpg

Well we achieved our goal of survival despite losing our last four games in a row, it was the three wins in a row before that that saved us. Two brilliant away victories virtually ensured we would get another season in top flight football. We managed to strengthen ourselves defensively enough to stay up but also started to score less. We went out of the Sudamericana at the first hurdle against fellow strugglers Ceara, a nice run in this cup would have been good fun but I'm not sure my tired squad would have been able to handle too many more games. Not much more to say really apart from I'm looking forward to strengthening ready for next season.

Best11.jpg

The tactic and formation that got us promoted kept us in the First Division, only Machedo really stood out as having a very good season but it was Diego Machedo who won the fans player of the year he was a constant threat to the opposition down the right wing and solid enough defensively. I thought Adailton would be the man to bring consistent goals but he struggled at times. Daniel Jose is another youth academy product to force his way into the first team alongside Evandro and Feijao that makes three constant starters from our own youth system. Could do with bringing players to play all over the pitch as every area as the team was pretty average all over apart from maybe Machedo.

CelHist.jpg

CelsinhoRetiresat32after.jpg

Sad day as Celsinho decided to retire he made it into the best 11 but was struggling to retain a first team place. He has been a fantastic player for the club and rightly sits on the icons list, as you can see he made 259 league appearances for us and 274 overall with 88 league goals to his name and 90 overall things would have been much harder without him. He was a player who only missed one of his penalties for the club scoring the other 15 or so with ease. He has become a coach but his attributes are awful so I won't be making a move to have him as a coach.

Congrats on staying up :thup:

(I see Sao Paolo also stayed up by the slimmest of margins)

Good luck with strengthening the squad over the summer.

Cheers.

They just about stayed up, if we could have got something at their ground they would have gone down. I've got a few targets in mind but I'll be aiming for survival once again and then try to push on the season after.

Well done on surviving this time! I'm sure at the beginning of the season you didn't expect beating São Paulo in the table. :D

Pretty sure from here onwards the mighty Chap will be a settled top tier club. The State Championship will eventually go your way one day too. Keep on pushing. :thup:

saw you mentioned former wonderkids earlier and I started wondering... are any of: Eduardo Ratinho (formerly of corinthians I think, rightback), Marcelo Grohe (keeper formerly of Gremio) and Leandro Lima (Attacking mid formerly of Sao Caetano) still around? great players on fm07

KUTGW :thup:

Congrats on surviving,hopefully you can find the right transfers to build your team up.

Thanks, hopefully I can sign enough players to push a bit further away from the relegation spots.

Well done on surviving this time! I'm sure at the beginning of the season you didn't expect beating São Paulo in the table. :D

Pretty sure from here onwards the mighty Chap will be a settled top tier club. The State Championship will eventually go your way one day too. Keep on pushing. :thup:

Cheers, being above Sao Paulo is something I thought would take years to accomplish, still shocked how poor they are considering the squad they have.

Decent first effort with the big boys.

Much better return but it would have been hard to perform as poor as our relegation season.

saw you mentioned former wonderkids earlier and I started wondering... are any of: Eduardo Ratinho (formerly of corinthians I think, rightback), Marcelo Grohe (keeper formerly of Gremio) and Leandro Lima (Attacking mid formerly of Sao Caetano) still around? great players on fm07

KUTGW :thup:

Pretty sure I've constantly been offered Ratinho for the past 3 seasons, I'll look for the rest tonight.

You made it, that's what matters.

You're right all I wanted was survival and I got it, I think next season will be another struggle but hopefully we can start to establish Chapecoense as a top division side.

Dunno whether it's madness or addiction that has got you through this rollercoaster of a save, either way i'm slightly envious.

Haha, bit of both really. I've just kept plugging away, I expected to be relegated first time round as our squad was really poor. I did leave at one point to manage Sao Paulo but after 6 games knew it wasn't for me so reloaded as Chapecoense boss.

Career Round Up

Brazilian Cup - n/a

Second Division - Finished 3rd, Promoted to First Division

State Championships First Phase - Finished 4th lost 4-0 against Avai in play-off semi-final

State Championships Second Phase - Finished 2nd lost on penalties against Cruciuma in play-off semi-final

Brazilian Cup - Quarter Finals where we lost 4-2 to Avai over two legs

First Division - Finished 3rd, Promoted to First Division

State Championships First Phase - Finished 2nd lost to Criciuma 2-0 in play-off semi-final

State Championships Second Phase - Finished 4th beat Criciuma in play-off final on penalties

State Championship Final - Lost 2-0 over two legs against Criciuma

Brazilian Cup - Lost in 3rd round on away goals 2-2 against Vitoria

Sudamericana - Lost in 2nd prelim round 4-3 over two legs against Ceara

Players In

Victor Esquerdinha

Probably the best attacking player I have brought to Chapecoense, fast, hard working, creative and can pull out a good pass, should be a great signing.

Jackson Xavier

On loan for a second season, has developed a bit and should prove to be a decent rotation option as CB.

Kieza

Sent on loan again, can't see him getting much game time but I'll keep hold of him for now.

Terico

Released by our parent club Atletico Mineiro, he has bags of potential and for some reason no one else was interested so I snapped him up.

Neto

He can finish and has a bit of speed and is hard working so could come in useful.

Gabriel

Not the best player around but very much needed due to how tired my wing backs tend to get from our current tactic.

Leonardo Rodrigues

Reasonably quick, can spot a pass, decent crossing, not bad in the tackle, pretty good off the ball and positionally apart from a few mental attributes he's the perfect wing back for me.

Marllon

£250,000 he becomes the biggest signing in the history of the club. Not brilliant but better than our current CB options, should fit in well and repay the "huge" transfer fee.

Ciro

Last but not least is Ciro, experienced but starting to lose his physical attributes he could become a very very good signing. Capable on either wing as well which would fit into my 4-2-3-1 deep tactic which I am hoping to switch to.

Players Out

Out.jpg

Sad to see Diego Macedo leave but he wanted a huge weekly wage and bonuses to sign for another year. I couldn't justify giving him £10,000 a week along with over £1,000 in goal and appearance clauses as well, so it was time for him to move on. Fabiano also leaves he had become a dependable player in the middle of the park but wanted too much for his ability and age. Three youngsters go out but I think only Rafael has any potential at all.

State Championships First Phase

fix12.jpg

fix1.jpg

A very tight league this time round as you can see 2nd, 3rd and 4th finishing on the same points but we appear to be suffering from a lack of goals once again. Leonardo Rodrigues is the main source of everything good we do attacking like a mad man down the right flank. Ben Hur another youth product notching a couple of goals but the attackers are very poor at the moment. The whole team should be ashamed of how we performed against Avai in the play-off semi-final as we were terrible and they could have scored a few more.

State Championships Second Phase

fix23.jpg

Fix2.jpg

Wow simply brilliant. Everything went extremely well apart from the one poor match against Joinville but I'll just breeze past that. Finally gave Avai a good beating at their own ground and then knocked them out of the play-off's on penalties after dominating the game. We faced the other side who kept beating us and we ended up spanking Criciuma 4-1. I thought the State Championships would once again be out of my reach after we lost at home 2-1 against Figueriense but I was wrong, we travelled to their ground and convincingly beat them 5-2 and we could have had more. So finally I get my hands on the Santa Catarina State Championship trophy!

Everything seemed to click, Esquerdinha started to score and assist by the bucket load, Ciro started to score and the defence started to look pretty solid. I am confident we can avoid relegation next season if we play anywhere near as well as we have in the last 13 games.

Brazil simply confuses me.

How so? It's easy once you get used to it.

In State Championships you play each team once the top four go into a play-off the winner of the play-off wins phase one, repeat to get the winner of phase two, those teams play each other in a play-off to get the State Champion.

Archived