FM13 Arsenal Thread - Victoria Concordia Crescit

llama3

I signed Subotic for £13m plus Santos and Astori for £10.75m. Both look very good centre backs. I sold Vermaelen for £22m to cover this.

I managed to get M'Vila for £22m too. Kept praising him in the media etc so he ended up being on the transfer list.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
training schedules? you do know that you have simple general training, match training and individual training now don't you?

I change match training depending on who I play next , for example if Im away to Stoke I may change it to defend set pieces.

I'm not sure what to do with general training is it best to leave it on balanced with a average workload?

4-4-2 narrow diamond. Control, Very fluid. short, quick passing, high line and I'm getting my players to press more. Which obviously doesn't happen.

I've got my two full backs attacking to provide some width, M'Vila as a DM defend, Arteta as a DLP support, Ramsey as a CM attack, Cazorla as an attacking midfielder. Then I play Podolski as a DLF support and Theo as a poacher.

Shouts are usually retain possession, ball to feet, hassle opponents and work ball into the box.

Mertesacker has been MotM in all three of my matches so far.

4-4-2 narrow diamond. Control, Very fluid. short, quick passing, high line and I'm getting my players to press more. Which obviously doesn't happen.

I've got my two full backs attacking to provide some width, M'Vila as a DM defend, Arteta as a DLP support, Ramsey as a CM attack, Cazorla as an attacking midfielder. Then I play Podolski as a DLF support and Theo as a poacher.

Shouts are usually retain possession, ball to feet, hassle opponents and work ball into the box.

Mertesacker has been MotM in all three of my matches so far.

i mean your entire team. Every single player, role, duty and team instruction.

What's everyone's views on hiring a Director Of Football, has anyone done it here?

It can be quite fun seeing what bargains your DOF can pull out,but sometimes you wonder what on earth he is thinking :D I use him mainly to get rid of players whether its loan or by sale

Has anyone gone for Llorente? I can get him for free at the end of the season now if I want. I play a one striker formation using an advanced striker and am worried about his lack of pace.

He'd be easy to sell in January of the second season for some easy profit too though.

Has anyone gone for Llorente? I can get him for free at the end of the season now if I want. I play a one striker formation using an advanced striker and am worried about his lack of pace.

He'd be easy to sell in January of the second season for some easy profit too though.

He'd cost you a bomb in loyalty bonus and wages though and be hard to shift for anything other than a real knockdown price. His lack of pace puts me off too.

He'd cost you a bomb in loyalty bonus and wages though and be hard to shift for anything other than a real knockdown price. His lack of pace puts me off too.

That is true, not really worth the effort for what'd only end up as maybe 5 mil.

I'm gonna pick up Moussa Sissoko though. :D

I have got Damien Comolli as my DOF, but I have given him responsibility to find first team players, but after a few weeks of being in his role he has not found me any players at all? Am I doing something wrong?

Any thoughts on what may be wrong would be appreciated :)

Also would you say Cavani is worth buying for £30m?

I have got Damien Comolli as my DOF, but I have given him responsibility to find first team players, but after a few weeks of being in his role he has not found me any players at all? Am I doing something wrong?

Any thoughts on what may be wrong would be appreciated :)

Also would you say Cavani is worth buying for £30m?

I have him as DOF , not sure he is that great at selling my unwanted players , I had Franco Baldini on the beta and he sold santos and chamakh for good money , perhaps its the

full update thats changed things.

Does this **** game not understand football? Stoke playing wonderful one touch football. Kightly with his 7 jumping and 4 heading ability outjumping Subotic to score. Woj hoofing it to Theo all the time.

Game is ruined.

Hate to say it but it's your tactics. Apart from that Kightly bit

Just played my first game away at Everton got smashed 4-1, and had an awful pre season, I am going to have a look at my tactics tomorrow, maybe give llama3's tactics posted above a go and see how I get on.

I don't know how anyone else feels?, but I don't actually like this new match engine, its as buggy as hell.

Just played my first game away at Everton got smashed 4-1, and had an awful pre season, I am going to have a look at my tactics tomorrow, maybe give llama3's tactics posted above a go and see how I get on.

I don't know how anyone else feels?, but I don't actually like this new match engine, its as buggy as hell.

mate mine were working great until 2 days ago, now they are playing like crap too

Goalie hitting it long will be due to lack of players to pass to/ settings. Closing down will be due to type of marking and the shape of your line up. However is your team achieving high pass completion? I have had this many times tbh. You cant find the solution and it is horrifically frustrating.

Right. I have set my keeper to pass to Koscielny. Many times I have seen all four of my defenders unmarked ready to receive a pass. He always hits it long to Theo Walcott. It's broken, it's bugged.

Same with pressing. I'm getting my players to press often and using the shout. They always stand there and let them ping the ball about. I believe this, like the distribution problem has been confirmed as a bug.

As for pass completion, my team is averaging 70 ish %. Although I have no idea what the true value is as Woj gives the ball away the vast majority of the time. I have just played Stoke away (won 2-1) where Stoke got a 92% pass completion rate. N'Zonzi completed 90 of his 96 passes. They had 60% of the ball. HOW IS THIS LIKE STOKE?

Tried signing Lars bender at the start of the game, he wanted 147k a week, 6.7mil loyalty and 5mil agent fee :eek: i think its largely cause i have 60mil in the transfer chest.

UPDATE, So i stuck Lars bender on my transfer targets thingy, and my director of football got him to sign for 97k a week, and considerably less loyalty/agent fee's but for 30mil transfer fee, i got Leverkusen to accept 25mil initially so its a bit hit and miss.

Tried signing Lars bender at the start of the game, he wanted 147k a week, 6.7mil loyalty and 5mil agent fee :eek: i think its largely cause i have 60mil in the transfer chest.

Wait till Jan then, i have him on 84k per week and signed him for 22.5 mil, with a decent chunk of that spread out.

Can anyone recommend a young CB that will turn into a leading PL CB that wouldn't mind sitting on the bench for a season or two? Cheers

Kurt Zouma is probably one of your best options. Won't come cheap though.

You can give the two Barca boys a shot too - Muniesa and Bartra. Bartra particularly.

Kurt Zouma is probably one of your best options. Won't come cheap though.

You can give the two Barca boys a shot too - Muniesa and Bartra. Bartra particularly.

Cheers, I've had a go for Zouma but £18m is being spouted - No thanks! I'll have a look at the other two now.

Morning all just started my 1st save on FM13 as always 1st game is a Arsenal career.

Have decided on playing a 4-2-3-1 attacking style with defensive full backs as not to leave extra space in behind.

Transfers in.

Ricardo Rodriguez LB 11Mil - Wolfsburg

Simon Kjaer CB 3.7mil - Wolfsburg

Demba Ba ST 7mil - Newcastle

Transfers Out.

Vito Mannone GK 1.5Mil

Johan Djourou CB 10Mil

Chamakh ST 1mil loan fee 6mil future fee - Montpellier

Andre Santos LB 450K loan fee 4mil future fee - Benfica

Sebastian Squillachi CB 2mil

Sanchez Watt ST 400k

Francis Coqulien DM 750K Loan fee no future fee as sent out for 1st team football.

Aneke, Eisfield, Henderson, Martinez, Eastmond, rees, Miquel and Yennaris all send on loans with % of wage paid.

Have bought in Comoli as DOF who is mainly there for getting rid off players but does chip in with buys now and again.

Morning all just started my 1st save on FM13 as always 1st game is a Arsenal career.

Have decided on playing a 4-2-3-1 attacking style with defensive full backs as not to leave extra space in behind.

Transfers in.

Ricardo Rodriguez LB 11Mil - Wolfsburg

Simon Kjaer CB 3.7mil - Wolfsburg

Demba Ba ST 7mil - Newcastle

Transfers Out.

Vito Mannone GK 1.5Mil

Johan Djourou CB 10Mil

Chamakh ST 1mil loan fee 6mil future fee - Montpellier

Andre Santos LB 450K loan fee 4mil future fee - Benfica

Sebastian Squillachi CB 2mil

Sanchez Watt ST 400k

Francis Coqulien DM 750K Loan fee no future fee as sent out for 1st team football.

Aneke, Eisfield, Henderson, Martinez, Eastmond, rees, Miquel and Yennaris all send on loans with % of wage paid.

Have bought in Comoli as DOF who is mainly there for getting rid off players but does chip in with buys now and again.

With Comolli as DOF can you choose which players you want him to sell or does he have the powers to sell any one of your players?

With Comolli as DOF can you choose which players you want him to sell or does he have the powers to sell any one of your players?

You decide which players you want him to sell if they are trans listed or loan listed or you state they are not needed or in your plans he will get rid for you.

When it comes to buying he seems to go after the big price players rather than players you could do with so have just stuck to him dealing with getting rid off players.

I was wrong, Xavi just accepted a new 1 year contrac, no Xavi for me =/

Here is my current starting 11 in January 2013, just looking for a young CB and i am happy

Szczesny / Mannone

Sagna / Jenkinson

Koscielny / Djourou

Vermaelen / ???

Baines / Gibbs

Arteta / Ramsey / Herrera

Song / Javi

Ox / Walcott

Cazorla / Wilshere / Firmino

Griezmann / Podolski

Falcao / Giroud

on loan or listed for loan - James Ward-Prowse, Luke Shaw, Leitner, Miyaichi, Silva, Bakkali, Bennett, Eastmond, Aneke, Eisfeld, Yennaris.

Transfer listed - Denilson, Rosicky, Santos

Javi is a young spanish regen, and song was transfer listed at the end of the first season :)

ALso I started a network game last night and when I was Man City, song started off transfer listed, and the reason was he felt Barcelona had lied to him about his first team opportunities :D But when I've started with Arsenal he has been happy, grrr

It's working quite well actually, Podolski and Walcott cut inside and that makes alot of space for the wing backs to attack into. Arteta sits deep. Cazorla is running riot.

I may have to swap the Diaby role for a ST or even a false nine type player and use Santi. 3-1, 4-0 & 4-1 in pre season so far.

WR's progress:

In:

Etienne Capoue (£13m)

Lorenzo Insigne (£13m)

Wilfried Zaha (£5m with loads of add-ons)

Out:

Fabianski (Chelsea - £2.5m)

Squillaci (Southampton - £1.3m)

Host of players out on loan

PL game 1: Newcastle (A)

4-2-3-1: Szczesny, Jenkinson, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Diaby, Walcott, Cazorla, Podolski, Giroud. Subs: Mannone, Mertesacker, Arshavin, Capoue, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Insigne, Zaha

Started slowly and went behind early doors to a Gutierrez goal. Won a penalty in the 40th minute, which was dispatched by Arteta. Had a goal disallowed for offside just on the stroke of half-time.

We came out playing much better stuff in the second half after bringing on Insigne for his debut, replacing Giroud. And the Italian made an impact 3 minutes into the second half, running onto a ball from Cazorla and dinking the ball over Tim Krul. However, we missed a host of chances in the second half and were made to pay with 11 minutes to go when Tiote headed in from a corner to make it 2-2.

Zaha and Arshavin came on as late subs, and the latter should have scored but shot straight at the keeper when through on goal.

Final score: 2-2

---

PL game 2: Aston Villa (H)

4-2-3-1: Szczesny, Jenkinson, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Gibbs, Diaby, Ramsey, Walcott, Cazorla, Podolski, Insigne. Subs: Mannone, Mertesacker, Arshavin, Capoue, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Giroud, Zaha

Giroud and Arteta were dropped, with the latter picking up a knock in training so not risked. Ramsey set up the first though, sliding a ball through to Podolski who slammed home after 9 minutes.

It was soon 2-0 as Insigne was felled in the box, and Podolski stepped up to smash in his second goal of the afternoon. And it was 3-0 just before the break as Carl Jenkinson broke forward and drilled a shot past Brad Guzan to make it 3-0.

Zaha was brought on at half-time, and set up Podolski for his hat-trick as he skinned a defender and drilled the ball across goal for an easy tap-in just after the hour mark.

Final score: 4-0

---

Been drawn at home to Bolton in the 3rd round of the COC.

The CL draw has been quite unkind to us, as we've drawn Valencia, Juventus and CFR Cluj.

We go to Manchester City for our third PL game of the season, with a change in formation likely in order to stop their forward players. May look to counter attack, with Walcott and Oxlade on the wings, and Insigne up front.

Originally Posted by llama3

4-2-3-1

Balanced

Attacking

Short Passing

More Expressive

Press More

Zonal Marking

Drill Crosses

Goalkeeper - Sweeper Keeper - Defend - Szczesny

Defender Right - Wing Back - Automatic - Sagna

Defender Centre - Central Defender - Defend - Mertesacker/Koscielny

Defender Centre - Central Defender - Defend - Vermaelen

Defender Left - Wing Back - Automatic - Gibbs/Andre Santos

Midfield Centre - Central Midfielder - Defend - Arteta

Midfield Centre - Box to Box Midfielder - Support - Diaby/Wilshere/Ramsey

Attacking Midfielder Right - Inside Forward - Attack - Walcott/Oxlade-Chamberlain

Attacking Midfielder Centre - Advanced Playmaker - Attack - Cazorla

Attacking Midfielder Left - Inside Forward - Attack - Podolski/Gervinho

Striker Centre - Advanced Forward - Attack - Giroud

Above are my team tactics which are very much the same as llama3 although I have changed my team to an Attacking mentality and put tackling and roaming on default.

I have also tweaked my defence so they don't have as much creative freedom , wondering if I should use man marking or Zonal marking for the team or perhaps man marking just for the fullbacks as they seem to still do what they like despite having less freedom?

Also, Tommo1, at what price did you get José Antonio Reyes back at the club for? I bet his wages are rather high.
Once I knew I wanted him, I spent about a month praising him in the press and trying to make him unhappy. Sevilla said that he was available and I made a few low bids. I signed him for £8,000,000 and he's on £60k I think. I paid him quite abit in loyalty and agent fees though.

Once I knew I wanted him, I spent about a month praising him in the press and trying to make him unhappy. Sevilla said that he was available and I made a few low bids. I signed him for £8,000,000 and he's on £60k I think. I paid him quite abit in loyalty and agent fees though.

I've been debating weather to sign him again, loved him when he was with us irl..for me Podolski isnt a winger Reyes is an out and out winger.

so i might sign him and use podolski as a Inside forward behind Giroud or even a back up striker.

Archived