FM13 Arsenal Thread - Victoria Concordia Crescit

llama3

I'm currently half-way through my third season with the Gunners, and I've noted that my taxes have risen steadily. Each month at the beginning of the game I paid about 3 mill GBP in taxes, having a little bump in july/august but then falling back down. The last 3 months thoug (oct-dec) I've paid almost 9 mill a month in taxes and I've already spent more on taxes this season than I did the entire previous season. Why?

Have anybody else noticed this?

not sure - worth clarifying in the bugs forum

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playing an arsenal save atm, Oh boy, this season has been brutal, currently sitting at 3rd on the table in March on equal points with the spuds but having a better GD. Started the season horrifically by losing 3 on the trot, got myself together quick enough though. Suffered some embarrassing defeats, thwacked 4-0 by Liverpool, losing 3-0 to Norwich, playing out nail-biting draws with Southampton. I beat the spuds 4-0 at home though, lost 1-0 in the return leg. I find Podolski's off the ball to be too low to be of any use for me, and i've never been able to use Walcott effectively in any role but as a Hail Mary sub, Giroud's not bad, but he's been hardly prolific for me, my best player has been Cazorla by a mile.

Transfers in:

Insigne

Yoshiaki Takagi

Jesus Navas

Antoine Griezmann

Marcos Rojo(January)

Lars and Sven bender (Lars joined in January)

Out:(with Reasons)

Abou diaby(Injured for three weeks twice before January, no thanks)

Gibbs(Absolute rubbish defensively while having an inconsistent final ball)

Rosicky( Combination of his woeful physical stats and him never really being able to force his way back into the squad)

Chamakh(No brainer)

The Squid

Djourou( need the money to help finance another transfer, he was an unfortunate casualty of business)

Arshavin

and last but not least, Mannone

Also a number of unimportant youth players that won't ever make the cut, also Chuks Aneke

Does anyone have even a passing idea of how to use Podolski even remotely well? I look at his 19 finishing and salivate, then look at his Off the ball of 10 and bad dribbling and feel like crying.

SEPTEMBER

Premier League

Liverpool - 1 - Borini

Arsenal - 2 - Podolski, Giroud

Survived a tough examination and took a 2-goal lead before seeing out a nervy final 10 minutes.

Premier League

Arsenal - 2 - Giroud, Cazorla

Southampton - 0

Champions League - Group F

Juventus - 0

Arsenal - 0

A very solid defensive performance to take a point from my hardest group game in the opening fixture.

Premier League

Man City - 2 - Aguero (2)

Arsenal - 1 - Giroud

Man City went into a 2 goal lead, and held on despite Giroud's late consolation.

Capital One Cup - 3rd Round

Watford - 1 - Forestieri

Arsenal - 3 - Arteta, Chamakh, Walcott

Survived a tough examination from Watford to come away with a 3-1 win from Vicarage Road.

Premier League

Arsenal - 1 - Giroud

Chelsea - 3 - Ramires, Hazard, Lampard

Somehow Chelsea went into a 3-0 lead, we missed a penalty, and Cech made 6 utterly outstanding saves. A poor defeat.

Premier League - 5th place with 12 points - 4 behind leaders Chelsea.

Champions League - Group F - Everyone is level on 1 point, with no goals from 1 game. Schalke and Molde drew their game 0-0 too.

Capital One Cup - Round 4 - Reading (Away) - hopefully no 4-goal headstarts for Reading this time! :p

Podolski - Inside Forward, Cazorla and Diaby keep playing him into good positions on his stronger foot for his finishing.

With what width setting? I had mine has "Moves into channels" but that pretty much sucked. I tried "cuts inside" but all that does is make him blast it with his right, straight into the stands.

ah bloody german national team bollocks thingy - always forget that!

Blueflash - cuts inside was perfectly adequate, he tended to end up on the left hand side of the penalty area instead of in the middle of the pitch cos I play a wide 4-2-3-1

ah bloody german national team bollocks thingy - always forget that!

Blueflash - cuts inside was perfectly adequate, he tended to end up on the left hand side of the penalty area instead of in the middle of the pitch cos I play a wide 4-2-3-1

Ah i see, I play an odd 4-1-1-3-1 though and it's not that wide, that might be why he's been largely ineffective.

I apologize for the double post, but i'm just gonna say that Sven Bender is far and away the best defensive midfielder i've bought in my 9 year history of Fm.

does he work for you as a mere ball-winner, or as a more creative deep midfielder?

Can't decide if I want radja nainggolan for 12mil. I want a combative player with strength as a ball winner or holding midfielder. Also need a left back. Think peluso is the best and cheapest option.

Bought him as my ball winner in the middle next to Arteta. Doing a great job.

Pre-Season is complete, so we are all ready to go now for the new season!

Kitbuhel 0-1 Arsenal - Arshavin

Arsenal 3-0 Dortmund - Cazorla, Podolski, Gunter og

Havre AC 1-0 Arsenal

Deportivo Petare 2-4 Arsenal - Chamakh, Gervinho (2), Cazorla

Trabzonspor 0-2 Arsenal - Podolski, Walcott

Kitchee 0-2 Arsenal - Diaby, Cazorla

Arsenal 1-1 Leverkusen - Ramsey

Arsenal 3-1 Benfica - Walcott (2), Giroud

Got real life fixtures, so first up are Sunderland at home, and Stoke away.

4-2-3-1

• Balanced
  • Control
  • Short Passing
  • More Expressive
  • Press More
  • Cautious Tackling
  • Zonal Marking
  • Drill Crosses
  • Roam From Position

Goalkeeper - Sweeper Keeper - Defend - Szczesny

Defender Right - Wing Back - Automatic - Sagna

Defender Centre - Central Defender - Defend - Mertesacker/Koscielny

Defender Centre - Central Defender - Defend - Vermaelen

Defender Left - Wing Back - Automatic - Gibbs/Andre Santos

Midfield Centre - Central Midfielder - Defend - Arteta

Midfield Centre - Box to Box Midfielder - Support - Diaby/Wilshere/Ramsey

Attacking Midfielder Right - Inside Forward - Attack - Walcott/Oxlade-Chamberlain

Attacking Midfielder Centre - Advanced Playmaker - Attack - Cazorla

Attacking Midfielder Left - Inside Forward - Attack - Podolski/Gervinho

Striker Centre - Advanced Forward - Attack - Giroud

Just tried these settings and got smashed 7-0 at Swansea!!!! , something is still seriously wrong with this match engine.

exited the game now , its not the tatics , just Swansea was passing threw the defence , they were playing like Barca , I still think ME is broke.

Where do I find this Analysis info please , Im on FMC mode at present.

cheers

i don't know if you have it on FMC - i have not played FMC

Im going back to full fat mode , fmc is just boring , all I seem to do is constantly hit continue and instant result.

ok I just started full mode again this time I'm using Shouts in my matches , first friendly went well beating FC Metz 4-1 with quite a dominating performance and looked fairly secure at the

back

Im using llama3 tactics just above but have changed Giroud to a Target Man Attack role

Does anyone else use a set of shouts in there games?

I was using 4 shouts ( retain possession , work ball into box , exploit the flanks and pass to feet)

I'm about a quarter of the way through my 1st season in my new save.

I'm playing the same rigid, restricted 4-4-1-1 that I used in the beta and all is going well so far :) My squad is very thin, I currently have a CM injury crisis, but I wanted a small squad so that I could give playing time to youngsters. I'm currently 2nd in the league (1 point behind city), and top of my CL group, but I got knocked out of the league cup in the 3rd round against Manchester United. Here is my squad:

GK: Chez / Mannone

RB: Sagna / Jenks

LB: Honda (25M) / Gibbs

CB: Kos / Mert

CB: Verms / Djourou

RM: Chambo / Theo / Gnabry / Rosicky

LM: Wilshere / Podolski / Akpom / Rosicky

CM: Arteta / Ramsey / Rosicky

CM: Hamsik (20M+15M) / Frimpong / Rosicky

AMC: Cazorla / Adryan (1M)

ST: Giroud / Bakkali (600k) / Akpom

I sold these players:

Fabianski

Santos

Squillachi

Diaby

Chamakh

Gervinho

Arshavin (In hindsight, I should have kept Arshavin for cover)

In January I'll be looking for 2 young wingers because Gnabry and Akpom won't make it at the club, I'll also be on the lookout for a replacement for Frimpong and a replacement for Djourou.

max787 is that Keisuke Honda?
Honda at LB surely he's wasted there?

Yes, Keisuke Honda :)

Not wasted at all, he is very solid defensively, 15 aggression, 15 bravery, 13 positioning, 13 tackling, 18 determination, he's over 6' etc. That is better than most natural left backs! And in my system my full backs are both set to wing-back automatic so they see plenty of the ball, and are an integral part of the attack so creativity and solid passing is very, very important for my side. He also has the added bonus of having awesome longshots and free-kicks :)

Full-backs' stats have always disappointed me in FM so I've been retraining good all-round midfielders to play there for years. In FM12 Wilshere was always my LB, but Honda is truly fantastic as a full-back, and Wilshere is my LM this year.

think I'm going into the season with a fairly unchanged squad apart from Marcel Schemlzer at left back and see how it goes.

I'm just unsure if I need a better backup for Goalkeeper position or any position other for that matter?

I play a 4-2-3-1.

cheers

I usually sign an old english keeper as backup, he's old so his wages are cheap, he rarely plays, and he counts as a home-grown player. Try and get one who is a good mentor too.

Sure, if your number 1 gets a long-term injury you're kind of screwed, but it happens rarely. The low wages and home-grown status of an old english keeper is an acceptable risk to reward ratio for me :) I've kept Mannone though because he's homegrown and cheap, I'll replace him eventually though.

cheers guys ,

just a quick thing about tactics , if i use a target man and advanced playmaker in this case giroud corzorla (ap) is it ok to have both boxes ticked for target man and advanced

playmaker in the team settings or should I only use one at a time?

cheers guys ,

just a quick thing about tactics , if i use a target man and advanced playmaker in this case giroud corzorla (ap) is it ok to have both boxes ticked for target man and advanced

playmaker in the team settings or should I only use one at a time?

it depends on what you are trying to achieve and the team around you - it isn't as simple as only having 1 ticked at a time.

How long did it take you out of interest?

about an hour+ cos I can get quite quick at it, especially in the later on the season when there are no tv fixtures and everyone is a 3pm kick off on saturday. you just gotta remember select not to televise fixtures which aren't live up to when the current tv scheduling ends otherwise you still get rearranging too

about an hour+ cos I can get quite quick at it, especially in the later on the season when there are no tv fixtures and everyone is a 3pm kick off on saturday. you just gotta remember select not to televise fixtures which aren't live up to when the current tv scheduling ends otherwise you still get rearranging too

Cheers, I'll have a crack at it.

This is, without a doubt, the worst FM I have ever played in all my life.

Started a new one, got rid of my wingers as they are beyond useless on FM, playing a 4-4-2 narrow diamond with the emphasis on keeping the ball. Signed M'Vila as the DM. Pre season everything went well, including a very creditable 2-2 draw at home to Madrid.

So, first game of the season is at home to Spurs. Their midfield is Livermore, Sandro and Huddlestone, mine is M'Vila, Arteta, Ramsey and Cazorla. Yet they have 61% of the play as I lose 3-2. M'Vila puts in 2 tackles winning 1 all match. Gibbs puts in 0. Cazorla gets the ball and always ALWAYS passes backwards, despite there being two forwards in space.

I have no idea how they've managed to **** this game up. I was enjoying the updated version of the BETA, even though it was quite buggy. This takes buggy to a whole new level though, I should have stuck with 12.

Ok, February update:

Still 2nd in the league but I'm now 10 points behind city, December wasn't a good month :(

In January I signed 20 year old Papadopoulos from Schalke for 21.5M, Etienne wanted 50M for Zouma so I obviously didn't get him :( I sold Djourou to make room. I'll get rid of Mertesacker in the summer and replace him with another young CB.

I also agreed to sign Luca Toni on a free in the summer, I don't ever plan on really using him, I signed him just to tutor Bakkali (Giroud isn't having much effect on him).

He's young, and physically he's a beast! Great marker and tackler, and he's super aggressive, brave and determined too :) Unfortunately, he's an idiot, his concentration, decisions, composure and positioning are all awful, but he's young so hopefully this will improve in time.

Any suggestions on how to quickly improve this? Team training has been set to "tactics" so this should help him, and his personal training is "central defender" so he is really focusing on the areas that need to be improved.

Quick unrelated side-note: I've noticed a few people saying that they've replaced Giroud because he's just not good enough, but for me he's been awesome! Top scorer in the league so far, and he has 21 goals and 5 assists by the 3rd of February :) What more could you want from a striker, seriously, he's awesome! Great in the air, yet still has some pace, 18 finishing, 18 heading, 18 strength, good composure, off the ball and determination etc. The guy's a great poacher and his aerial ability is extremely useful in general play!

Started a new one, got rid of my wingers as they are beyond useless on FM

Really? I agree that inside forwards are kind of broken from the AML + AMR positions (Couldn't get it to work in the beta), but wingers from ML + MR positions are very, very effective for me :) Wilshere and chamberlain are my top assisters so far, they have more assists than my treq and DLPs combined.

have you tried retain possession shout (retain possession + pass to feet + drop deeper) im using and seems to work

I replayed the match to see if this makes a difference. I won 2-0, but they still had 59% possession. Just feels like I won by sheer luck.

jeez Im shipping so many goals , I go ahead then just get pegged back all the time, my gk also kicks the ball up field straight to the opposition!

have anyone you guys got a succesfull tactic going with strong defence?

Hi Guys

Just started an Arsenal game, just trying to hire some staff first of all. Anyone managed to design any good training schedules?

Any recommendations on signings? So far I am trying to get Dzagoev and just waiting to see if he agrees terms, I am also trying to get M'Vila also. I think I need a signings in defence also, maybe Baines and a centre half? Possibly sell Djourou?

Hi Guys

Just started an Arsenal game, just trying to hire some staff first of all. Anyone managed to design any good training schedules?

Any recommendations on signings? So far I am trying to get Dzagoev and just waiting to see if he agrees terms, I am also trying to get M'Vila also. I think I need a signings in defence also, maybe Baines and a centre half? Possibly sell Djourou?

training schedules? you do know that you have simple general training, match training and individual training now don't you?

Archived