Here we Mo again. Another attempt at European domination.

hrbfcrule

Here we Mo again. Another attempt at European domination.

FM Version:

FM13, Beta

Database:

Large

Top Club Players from Europe.

Top Division Players from England, France, Italy, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Russia.

All Norwegian Players and players based n Norway.

Leagues Loaded:

- Norway - Second Division

View Only:

- Sweden - Second Division

- England - Championship

This will be running alongside my IK Tord career. This year is going to be a bit different as I am now lifting my self imposed ban on signing players. No more youth only although I will be attempting to bring up youth wherever possible.

The league split in Norway is:

Premier Division - which I think is called the Tippeligaen

First Division

Second Division - split into 4 groups

Third Division (Unplayable)

This year I have chosen Mo IL from Norway's 3rd tier of football. They were founded in 1904 and were the 1st team in Nord-Norge. However despite being around for so long their trophy cabinet is surprisingly bare. They have won a couple of 3rd Division league titles and a 2nd Divison Group 6 title back in 1986.

The last of their silverware came last season when they were promoted from the 4th tier after finishing 1st. I am hoping to bring them to the top of Norway and eventually the top of Europe.

Mo play at the Nye Sagbakken Stadion which is 3500 capacity.

Norway

They are currently 26th in the European Coefficients. This means they got 1 team entering the Champions League Champions 2nd Qualifying Round, 2 teams in the Euro Cup 2nd Qualifying Round and 1 team in the Euro Cup 1st Qualifying Round.

The leagues run from April to October with transfer windows being from 15th July- 15th August and 1st January - 31st March.

League Reset Date is the 13th January.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MoIl.jpg

Mo IL: Club Information

Nation: Norway

Year Founded: 1904

Stadium: Nye Sagbakken Stadion (3500 capacity, inc 1000 seating)

Under Soil Heating: Yes

Roof: No

Corporate Facilities: Adequete

Training Facilities: Fairly Basic

Youth Facilities: Basic

Junior Coaching: Adequete

Youth Recruitment: Fairly Basic

Club Colours: Brown & White

Chairman Status: Enjoying Life at the Club

Legends: Trond Sollied

Icons: Thor-Andre Olsson, Jarle Raum, Tore Hagh, Espen Hagh, Morten Hagh, Bjorn Audun Risoy

Favoured Personnel: None

Fierce Rivals: Stalkam, Faulske/Sprint

Other Rivals: Mosjoen

Finances: Okay

Average Ticket Price: £10.00

Average Season Ticket Price: £78

Season Ticket Holders: 310

Estimated Value: £250k

Continental Competition: None

Media Prediction: 11th

Squad Personality: Loyal

Captain: Jimmy Fjelldalselv

Manager: Alex Parker

Best Players

Cato Jorgensen (DM, MC, AMC) - A great midfielder. Much better calibre than what I was expecting here. Will probably play as DM but his versatility will see him play as MC as well.

Kim Andre Rade - (MC, AMC) - His pace and stamina will hopefully make him a prized asset at this level.

Niklas Bakksjo - (MC, ML, MR) - Our best youth player at the moment. Our midfield does look strong to start with I ahve to say.

Thanks for all the good luck messages guys

Preseason

Media Prediction: 11th

Title Odds: 40-1

Expectations: Avoid Relegation

Wage Budget: £2,424 (-)

Wage Bill: £2,749 (-)

Transfer Budget: £0 (-)

Ticket price: £10.00 (-)

Season Ticket Holders: 310 (-)

Season Ticket Price: £78 (-)

Rankings:

Norwegan Tippeligaen: 47th (-)

Country European Coefficients (Norway): 26th (-)

World Rankings (Norway): 33rd (-)

Uefa Club Coefficient (Mo IL): - (-)

Key: This Season (Last Season)

Transfers

Thomas Bremnes (DC, DR) - My 1st signing. Will help to shore up my defence and has a lot of potential.

Jorgen Bakke (MC, MR) - Despite having a strong midfield I couldn't resist signing up this young talent.

Henrik Nilsson (MC, AMC, ST) - A much needed striker who then goes and gets injured for 2 months just before the start of the season.

Arnstein Esperevik (GK) - A panic signing on transfer deadline day. My scouts came up with diddly squat so I had to grab this keeper from one of my feder clubs as back up to my other keeper. Both of them are terrible though, definitely a big area of weakness in the team.

We also had a few deadwood removed from the club most of who were on amateur contracts. We had a fight to keep Cato Jorgensen and Kim Andre Rade, both were targets for 1st and 2nd tier clubs.

Overall we made a few good buys but the defence and keeper just aren't strong enough for us to mount any sort of challenge on the top half of the table.

Pretty major changes to the backroom staff as well as we bring in a new Chief Scout, Ole Johan Helland and new scout Bjorn-Inge Nilsen (who so far have done **** all).

2 new coaches: Lars Helge Overland as a general coach and Tor Egil Horn as Goalkeeper Coach.

I got a new Assistant Manager almost straight away, Johan Selvig. A big improvement on the previous one.

And finally I brought in club icon Espen Hagh as Head Physio.

Friendlies

Mo IL 2-0 Mo 2 IL

Mo IL 0-1 Bodo Glimt

April & May 2013

AprMay.png

My 1st game in charge ended with a narrow but fully deserved win. Mariusz Ekiert won it for us in the 92nd min. My away debut was less lucky, Tromso 2 completely outplayed us and were good value for the 3 points. Or next home game was similar to the 1st we were the better team but needed a last minute goal to seal the points.

In May we went on a great streak of 5 wins including 4 clean sheets which is quite something considering the defensive side of the squad. Also we saw off bottom side Finnsnes in the 1st Round of the Norwegian Cup. In the 2nd Round we got non league Strindheim who we thrashed 3-0 to get a money spinning tie against Mold who are 4th in the Tippeligaen.

Our winning streak came to a shock end against Kvik Halden who at the time were 14th. We had a shocker of a 1st half going 3-0 down. Even our 2nd half comeback wasn't enough to rescue the match. We followed that disappointing loss up with a great display against underperforming Follo. A great result to give us a morale boost going into the 3rd Round of the cup.

We played extremely well against Molde I thought. The scoreline is very biased towards Molde despite them having the majority of possession. The chances were very much shared between us. Unfortunately Molde were more clinical than us on the day. Good cup run though and a bit of extra money which we desperately need.

Cup3rdRound.png

So we end the month at the top of the league. An excellent start for us and I hope we can keep it up. Our star players so far have been our only 2 fit strikers Mariusz Ekiert and Remi Jakobsen. They have 18 goals and 9 assists between them so far.

AprMayTable.png

You mo man.

These puns are starting to get cringeworthy. Good luck once again, I see you decided to spare yourself a lot of self inflicted stress by lifting the no signing rule.

Yeah there's no point in starting another youth only career when I've still got the Tord save going.

Good luck dude. Looking forward to this
Tut... It was Moing so well and then you put in one Molde performance... A great start however and a thoroughly undeserved loss to Molde.

Thanks

Surprised no one's said that you should take Mo far-ah :D What is it about Norwegian clubs and poor puns anyway? Last year was the year of 'Frigg-ing'.

Congratz on the 1st Mo Farah related pun I was wondering how long that would take :D. There are quite a lot of Norwegian clubs which have great names for puns.

Mid Season Update

Midseasonupdatefixtures.png

We started June off with a tough match against Senja which we lost with the help of a dubious penalty decision. More disappointment came when we somehow could only draw against bottom side Finnsnes. 4 straight wins settled the ship including a couple of great away wins. Most notably the match against Mjolner, we were 1-0 down at half time but rallied to put 3 past them late in the 2nd half. Unfortunately we entered the summer break with a loss. A reverse of the Mjolner match, this time we took the lead in the 1st half before collapsing to a 2-1 defeat.

Nevertheless we have proven our bright start wasn't just a flash in the pan as we have kept up the pressure at the top of the table.

MidSeasonUpdate.png

Mid Season Transfers

I wasn't planning on using the mid season transfer window but due to these injuries to our key MC's I was forced to:

Injuries.png

Due to my scouts being next to useless there was a very limited number of players to choose from. In the end I went for Stein Ingar Pettersen. Only signed until the end of the season due to his age and the fact that he is only here for back up.

Farah appreciates this:

mo-farah_2307758b.jpg

Good. Hope to get him down to the Nye Sagbakken Stadion as a special guest soon. :D

Way to Mo, hrbfc, keep up the good work! Sounds like you've got a great striking pair - Mopefully they'll keep that up.

Yep they are quite a striking pair. Wasn't expecting them to click so soon.

Good luck!! Will be keeping a eye on this one.
A thoroughly successful first season thus far - 2nd place this far into the season is by no means a bad thing :)
Very good season so far. Keep up the good work :)

Thanks

August, September 2013

FixturesSeptOct.png

We returned from the mini mid season break with a fantastic home win over Tromso 2. We then followed up with a less than fantastic draw to mid table Lorenskog. Remi Jakobsen continued his fantastic form this season throughout the month. He put 2 past Frigg as we ame back from 2-1 down at half time to win 3-2. We had an absolute shocker of a start at Asker as we went 2-0 down after half an hour. We managed to get 1 back after half time but it we couldn't replicate what we did the previous game. The last game in August was a very close fought game against Kviv Halden. We went down 1-0 early on but 2 late goals from Jakobsen managed to turn the game in our favour. Our great start has started to turn into a possible promotion challenge.

September continued where we left off. We started with a comfortable win over struggling Follo. That win put us within 2 points of the leaders Senja who we played next. It was a fantastic game which we played absolutely brilliant in. We started the better team and got a quick 2-0 lead. Senja got a goal back but the key moment was when Ekiert added a 3rd for us just before half time. Senja got lucky in the 2nd half as one of their crosses went straight over our keeper's head and into the net to put them within touching distance of us. Thankfully we got a bit of luck ourselves as one of our shots got a massive deflection which wrongfooted the keeper. That was the final nail in Senja's coffin. A brilliant and very unexpected win which also put us top by a point with 5 games to go.

Then next match at home to bottom club Finnsnes just reeked of a slip up especially considering we had just beaten the league leaders away in the previous match. Thankfully our goal was just enough to see them off although we played appallingly. Even better was the news that Senja had slumped to another loss to put us 4 clear at the top with 4 games left. The final match of the month was a tough one but we started well with an early goal. We held this lead for almost an hour but as the game went on Nesodden got more and more into the game. They equalised just before the hour and then got what seemed to be a winner in the 78th min. However we went all out attack and grabbed a late equaliser. Senja had managed to win to close the gap to just 2 points with 3 left to play.

LeagueTableAugSept.png

The Run In

FixturesOct.png

Well to put it simply we blew it. The loss to Moss was understandable as they are a decent side however the heavy loss to Stabaek 2 was unforgivable. We were unlucky to lose that match but in the end we didn't play well enough to deserve to win it. That meant the final match of the season was just to decide who would finish 2nd and 3rd. We put in a stellar performance which I am very pleased about. We could have quite easily folded to another loss but the lads turned it around to end the season on a high.

LeagueTableOct.png

End of Season Report: Mo IL, Second Division Group 4, 2013

League Table, League Graph

Squad, Transfers

We started off really well and as the season progressed our good start turned more and more into a real promotion challenge. This culminated in us overtaking 1st placed Senja near the end of the season after beating them at their place 4-2. Unfortunately the pressure seemed to get to us as we bottled a 4 point lead with 4 games to go, ending up 4 points off the top.

Nevertheless I really can't complain about this season as we played far above expectations. The squad is nowhere near the level required to take on the Norwegian 1st division. I would like to think that a few good signings would be enough to get us promoted but deep down I feel this season was an anomaly and that we'll struggle next season.

Norwegian Cup

Fixtures

We had a good run which was key to our finances.

We saw off Finnsnes in the 1st Round and then non league Strindheim in the 2nd Round. We put in a great performance against the Norwegian champions in the 3rd Round but Molde were clinical and dispatched us 5-2.

Players of the Season

Remi Jakobsen - An utterly incredible season. He netted 24 in 29 games as well as 12 assists. He was top scorer of the league with a whole 7 goals more than anyone else. Our great season was mainly down to him and his injuryless season.

Mariusz Ekiert - Was brilliant in the 1st half of the season, he scored 13 in the 1st 19 games of the season but a few injuries put him off his stride and he struggled towards the end.

Johannes Rydsa - A fantastic season for the young right back. At only 18 years of age he looks to be a very exciting prospect.

Thomas Bremnes - A great centre back for his age. Should get better as well as he is only 21.

Finances - We are losing money quite heavily each month. Our cup run stopped us making a massive loss.

Season    League                     Position    Norwegian Cup     Euro Cup         Champions League
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013      Second Division Group 4    2nd         3rd Round         N/A              N/A

Thanks for all the comments everyone. Pre season hasn't exactly gone to plan so far. Struggling to find any decent players who are willing to join. Scouts are bloody useless at the moment.

Failed in the run up to Movember?

sorry....best i could come up with

Don't worry the bar for puns is set very low in this thread as you can probably tell :D

Mo money, mo problems.
Mo money is mo problems, ask Notorious BIG:

[video=youtube;gUhRKVIjJtw]

:D

Archived