Here we Mo again. Another attempt at European domination.

hrbfcrule

Preseason

Media Prediction: 13th

Promotion Odds: 40-1

Expectations: Avoid Relegation

Wage Budget: £4,010 (£7,748)

Wage Bill: £5,278 (£3,893)

Transfer Budget: £234,000 (£160,000)

Ticket price: £17.00 (£15.00)

Season Ticket Holders: 861 (853)

Season Ticket Price: £150 (£134)

Estimated Value: £525k (£975k)

Rankings:

Norwegan Tippeligaen: 42nd (54th)

Country European Coefficients (Norway): 21st (24th)

World Rankings (Norway): 65th (68th)

Uefa Club Coefficient (Mo IL): - (-)

Key: This Season (Last Season)

Transfers

In:

Finally some decent players are willing to join us. Hopefully they will gel well and be enough for promotion:

Kjetil Neple - (DR, DC) - £0 - Mysen - A great defender and relatively young too.

Are Brubakk - (GK) - £5K - HamKam - Finally a decent keeper. Really hope he can perform well.

Marius Lundemo - (MR, MC) - £35k - Baerum - A bit pricey but should be worth it, especially as we have a lot of cash saved up.

Valdrin Krasniqi - (MR, MC, ST) - Free - Managed to get him on a bumper contract on transfer deadline day. Only 20 and his stats look incredible.

Out

Couple of reserve players along with Adrian Rovik, our 3rd choice keeper and Joakim Gulstad.

Friendlies

Friendlies-4.png

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great to see the youngsters back and attracting decent players. My training facilities theory was based on their being a request option to improve them to increase the rep of the club or attract players or something along those lines and when players move to clubs with better facilities than their previous club they always say they are looking forward to using the new club's training facilities.I also like the Norwegian play-off system as it rewards hard work more than the English system.

oh snap! you have no idea how close I live to that team. just a ferry and a buss drive away

--> Map Link <--

best of luck :)

also found this.. pics from stadium

<pic>

That's awesome. Hope I can do your local-ish team proud :D

The stadium looks pretty good. Just checked out a few more images of it from the google maps link you posted.

Great to see the youngsters back and attracting decent players. My training facilities theory was based on their being a request option to improve them to increase the rep of the club or attract players or something along those lines and when players move to clubs with better facilities than their previous club they always say they are looking forward to using the new club's training facilities.I also like the Norwegian play-off system as it rewards hard work more than the English system.

Makes sense. I am just glad I finally can sign a few players worth signing. I think the playoff system is a good system. The 1 legged ties give you a deserved advantage for finishing higher up the table. Not too sure about the inter-league part of the playoff.

Mid Season Update 2018

FixturesMidSeason.png

We started slowly which prompted a change of tactic. I changed from a 4-1-3-1-1 to a 4-1-3-2 after the Kongsvinger game to accomodate our better players. Performances improved after that with a convincing 5-2 over Sarpsborg before we were unlucky only to get a point at home to Baerum.

We got a lucky cup draw in the form of Ranheim although the last 2 seasons we have fallen at the hands of lower league opposition. No chance of that happening this time as we raced into a 3-0 lead. We tried our best to throw it away in the 2nd half but Ranheim could only manage to get 2 back. In the 2nd round of the cup we got another non league team and again we hit them quickly. Stjordals-Blink fought back in the 2nd half but we were always too good for them. Either side of that cup match came 2 relatively easy league wins to keep up our presence at the top end of the table. Our winning streak came to an abrupt end at Fredrikstad, they were just about the better side but it was a very close game and it took a late goal to see us off. We reacted to that loss with a clinical 3-0 win over Sandefjord. Again we got another non league side in the cup and another convincing display. We easily saw off Junkeren to earn a tie against arguably the biggest Norwegian team, Rosenborg in the 4th Round.

June started badly as we struggled against Ull/Kisa. However we went into the mid season break on a high as a professional performance saw off a strong Fyllingsdalen side.

A good start to the campaign and although we sit 2nd there is still a way to go and just a couple of bad results can drop you down to the lower half of the table.

LeagueTableMidSeason.png

July, August Update 2018

FixturesAug-1.png

We gave Rosenborg a good run for their money but a slow start cost us and their early goal turned out to be the only one of the game. Our league form continued as we easily got past Bryne before being run close by bottom of the table KFUM Oslo.

We probably should have beaten Moss but a draw wasn't a bad result. The home win against Notodden put us back at the top of the table but 7 days later we were back in 2nd as we dropped 2 points at home to Mjondalen. However we went back into 1st with an unexpected away win against 3rd place Nybergsund thanks to a late penalty.

LeagueTableAug-1.png

September, October Update 2018

FixturesOct-4.png

We started September awfully with 2 straight losses to Kongsvinger and Baerum. Recovered well to thrash Sarpsborg (we have played them 6 times and have put 5 past them on 3 occasions as well as scoring 4 on another occasion). A comfortable 3-1 win over Egersund followed that and then a vital 2-0 win over Fredrikstad which put us right in contention for a promotion spot again.

October started with a poor 0-0 draw to bottom side Ottestad, always seem to struggle against the bottom teams. We then managed to beat Ull/Kisa 2-0 although the match wasn't entirely convincing. Our promotion hopes took another blow as we lost out to Sandefjord. Thankfully teams around us also seemed to drop points at the same time. We ended the month with a late show against Fyllinsdalen, a deserved win but boy did we leave it late. With that we were guaranteed a playoff place but we were after something more elusive.

LeagueTableOct-5.png

The Run In 2018

FixturesDec-1.png

2 home wins against KFUM Oslo and Moss put us on the brink of promotion. Bryne gave us a good fight but a goal right at the start and right at the end gave us the win and promotion. That was also the 7th match out of the last 8 that had finished 2-0, 6 of those results had been in our favour and 1 against us. With promotion in the bag I put out the fringe players for the game against Notodden. They played well but a dodgy penalty gave Notodden the win.

LeagueTableDec-1.png

End of Season Report: Mo IL, First Division, 2018

League Table, League Graph

Squad, Transfers

A slowish start but a change in tactics was the catalyst we needed. For most of the season we were fighting for promotion and even for the title towards the end. However a loss to the leaders, Sandefjord, in October ended our title hopes. Still promotion was up for grabs and we got it with a game to spare as Baerum faltered at the final hurdle.

A fantastic promotion but it may be too early for us. I am not confident in us staying up there but maybe the rep boost could help us in the future.

Norwegian Cup

Fixtures

A much better run this year as we overcame 3 non league sides with relative ease before drawing one of the toughest teams in the 4th Round. We gave it our best shot but an early Rosenborg goal was enough for them to progress.

Players of the Season

Niklas Bakksjo - Incredible yet again, 8 goals and 9 assists from midfield and his versatility is priceless.

Thomas Bremnes - Solid as ever, chipped in with 5 goals as well.

Ruben Helskog Want - Top scorer for the season with a very low total considering we got promoted and scored the 2nd most amount of goals in the league.

Valdrin Krasniqi - Turned out to be a great deadline day signing, not quite as good as Ruben Helskog Want but still a great haul from him.

Johannes Rydsa - Still pulling off the performances and still only 23. Definitely one of our few players who are good enough for the Tippeligaen.

Finances[/url] - Did make a fair bit of profit but the ate that away at the end of the season. No dreaded bank loan though :).

Season    League                     Position    Norwegian Cup     Euro Cup         Champions League
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013      Second Division Group 4    2nd         3rd Round         N/A              N/A
2014      Second Division Group 4    4th         2nd Round         N/A              N/A
2015      Second Division Group 4    1st         Semi-Final        N/A              N/A
2016      First Division             8th         1st Round         N/A              N/A
2017      First Division             5th         1st Round         N/A              N/A
2018      First Division             2nd         4th Round         N/A              N/A

Is the mo on your face doing as well as the Mo in your game?

Not quite unfortuntely

Mo-st impressive!
Cracking season :thup:.
Mo-licious! Well done on making the top tier!
Well done reaching the Premier Division.
Fantastic season! Can't wait to see how you do in the top division :)
Great news good job :)
Get in Mo!! :cool: No doubt you will get a decent club balance/income now :)
Well done on promotion and the finances should be stronger next year.
Congrats on winning promotion,hopefully the finances will increase for the club.

Thanks guys. The finances should be fine by the end of the season due to ticket prices, prize money, tv money etc which is why I am glad the board didn't decide to take out a loan with ridiculous interest payment to pay for the stadium expansion

Preseason

Media Prediction: 16th

Title Odds: 2000-1

Expectations: Avoid Relegation

Wage Budget: £10,490 (£4,010)

Wage Bill: £7,433 (£5,278)

Transfer Budget: £50,000 (£234,000)

Ticket price: £22.00 (£17.00)

Season Ticket Holders: 1453 (861)

Season Ticket Price: £252 (£150)

Estimated Value: £600k (£525k)

Rankings:

Norwegan Tippeligaen: 34th (42nd)

Country European Coefficients (Norway): 23rd (21st)

World Rankings (Norway): 57th (65th)

Uefa Club Coefficient (Mo IL): - (-)

Key: This Season (Last Season)

Transfers[/url]

In:

Struggled to find players willing to join so this season is going to be a real struggle.

Harald Holter (DM, MC) - £20k - Strommen - A good young player, may not be the 1st choice straight away but has good potential.

Kristoffer Haugen (MC) - Free - A good Tippeligaen player and on a free. A great bit of business.

Marius Stokkebakk (DC, DL) - £10k - Lyn - Very young centre back but like Harald Holter has good potential.

Out

Stian Nordberg Johansen - Free - Spent 6 seasons with us but struggled for a place in recent time. 88 appearances in total for us.

Olav Hauknes - £0 - Honefoss - Had a good 6 seasons with us but he was getting unhappy with his lack of first team opportunities. He wasn't going to be good enough for the Tippeligaen. 129 appearances for us over the 6 seasons.

Friendlies

Friendly.png

March, April, May Update 2019

AprilMayFixtures.png

Well we got absolutely battered in our 1st game of the season. They managed 30 shots to our 1 with 62% possesion, this could be a long season. On the other hand it looks like home form is going to be key as we managed to pick up our 1st win at home to Lillestrom. A disappointing loss to Sandefjord followed a home draw to Bodo/Glimt. The next match against Aalesund was a close one until they got a man sent off in the 2nd half allowing us to pull off a 4-2 win. It also saw Remi Jakobsen break the all time goalscoring record at the club. We ended April getting thrashed by Brann.

May started with a hard fought win over our feeder club and fierce rival Stalkham in the Cup. That was followed by another hiding in the league against apparently one of the worst teams in the league, not a good sign. We finally managed to win an away game, unfortunately this was in the cup against a 3rd tier side. Nevertheless it was a terrific performance despite the level of the opposition. Our good form continued into the league as we got our 1st away league win of the season. We beat Stabaek 3-1 with a fantastic performance although we were helped by a red card. We then managed a 3rd win in a row with our best result of the season so far as we beat 2nd place Tromso at home. We were then brought back to reality by losing out 3-1 to Stromsgodset in the 3rd round of the cup although we had taken the lead.

AprilMayLeagueTable.png

Looks like you're adapting to life in the top tier nicely.

I think we've been a bit lucky with results really. Some of these matches we are getting absolutely thrashed in.

wow nice work mate. are Rosenborg and Valerenga still totally dominant?

Rosenborg haven't really been dominant but they are in the top 3 ever season. Valarenga have been pretty poor up until this season where they seem to be storming it.

Great progress to the top tier and a good start to the season. Do you currently have 2,436 seats by any chance?

Thanks. Yep 2,436 seats, we are in the process of increasing it to just under 5000 seats but that won't be finished until the end of August.

Unfortunately things like this seem to be all too common for us this season:

[video=youtube;sNCrAfYLXkU]

It is a shame as it has cost us quite a bit and will continue to do so. Our keeper is meant to be pretty good as well so its quite hard to understand why it happens so frequently. Maybe a break from the 1st team will stop him making so many errors.

Edit: got to love the random individual player celebrations :D

June, July Update 2019

JuneJulyFixtures.png

The game against Odd was my 200th in charge of Mo but there was no cause for celebration as we were easily beaten 2-0 at their place. We kept ourselves adrift of the relegation places with a fairly comfortable 3-1 win at home to struggling Haugesund before understandably losing to Rosenborg at home.

July started with a scrappy win over bottom of the table Baerum, a late Ruben Helskog Want goal was enough for a much needed 3 points. Then came 2 heavy losses , we could have had a a chance against Stromsgodset but a keeper howler (see video above) destroyed our hopes. As for the Lillestrom game, we were just hopeless.

The table is misleading, it looks like we have a very healthy cushion over the bottom 3 teams but I know how easily teams can go on a run and pick up win after win no matter how bad their previous form is. So we are definitely far from safety just yet, in fact judging from recent performances I would say we could be struggling to survive come the end of the season.

JuneJulyLeagueTable.png

A droopy Mo.
Started life quite nicely, hope it continues.

Unfortunately we couldn't keep up our good form up. In fact we have been incredibly rubbish lately.

Good start to the top division. I still want to know how you can't attract better players when you have more money, more rep and better training facilities before. As well as a more reputable league.

I don't understand either. I don't quite have as much financial muscle due to the stadium expansion. If I can survive this season then I should be able to get in some good players for next season.

August, September Update 2019

AugustSeptemberFixtures.png

Well we had a winless August. A home drubbing by Valarenga was followed by 4 straight draws. The draws against Sandefjord and Molde were lucky pints but we should have beaten Bodo/Glimt and Brann.

We got thrashed by Aalesund at the start of September to take our winless run to 8 games. Thankfully we ended that statistic next game with a fortunate 2-1 win over Sogndal. We got duly thrashed by Rosenborg the next game but we really should have beaten Tromso. We were somehow 2-0 up with 10 mins left but conceded in the 83rd min. Then in the 93rd min a sloppy back-pass allowed them not 1 but 2 attempts to get the equaliser. They scored on the 2nd attempt to leave us very de-Mo-tivated.

As predicted one of the teams below us found some phenomenal form. Baerum went from being unable to score in the 1st 6 league games to picking up 17 points in 9 games. This has left us in a bit of a fight for the relegation playoff spot. We should be safe from automatic relegation at least.

AugustSeptemberLeagueTable.png

Youth Intake 2019

A couple of good prospects came through the system this year:

Goran Drevland (YP1) (MC, MR, ST) - Report - Apparently could become a good Tippeligaen player, let's hope that is the case. Has good stats for a 16yo but unfortunately he has an Unambitious personality. I have set Remi Jakobsen to tutor him for now.

Jorund Walstad (YP2) (MC, ST) - Report - Not quite as highly rated as YP1 but he has reasonable stats especially his teamwork, determination and work rate which are key stats in my opinion.

October, November Update 2019

OctoberNovemberFixtures.png

Well we managed to get a few wins when it mattered. We were slowly slipping into the relegation playoff place as Baerum were starting to pick up points and we were struggling. However 2 games against the bottom 2 teams provided us with a much needed 6 points and practically guaranteed us a place in next years Premier Division. Bareum had stopped picking up points and gone back to struggling again leaving the gap between us at 9 points with 4 games to play. We could have been safe after the game against Odd but unfortunately they got given a lucky penalty which handed them the spoils even though a draw would have been fair.

This all meant that we just needed some kind of result against Baerum to guarantee safety and it came in the shape of a draw. We had chance after chance to kill them off but our strikers were not at the races that day. Baerum grabbed a late equaliser which could be a vital point for them but it was definitely enough for us. The last 2 games I tried some different tactics and threw on the 2 new youth prospects. Againt Molde they combined with YP2 passing to YP1 who gave us the lead against Molde. Unfortunately we couldn't hold onto the lead as Molde routed us.

OctoberNovemberLeagueTable.png

Archived