Champions of Europe 2012/13 Thread

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has the right to appeal first. Pretty sure the club statement said they'd wait until Terry had made a decision about appealing and see the potential verdict of that before making their own moves to deal with the matter.

Will be interesting to see if/how we back him.

Urgh, makes me feel pretty horrible that Terry is going to get cheered to the rafters by Chelsea fans after this. We'll have to wait for full verdict but where does leave the club with its 'zero tolerance' racism stance?

Its okay, he got fined 220k don't you know..../sarcasm

Yup, that's pretty much it.

Interesting. Here's the thing, though. Our athletes get suspended/fined all the time for a variety of unsavory things, and frankly the normal American public response is to just shrug their shoulders and (eventually) have a good laugh about that time that Generic Sportball Champion #1 drove his motorcycle through an elementary school playground hopped up on painkillers and whiskey.

I'm imagining the British aren't likely to do such a thing? Say what you will about us, but I've always felt fans do a good job at looking at other teams and respecting the player, not necessarily the man. The two don't always go hand in hand, if that makes any sense.

Edit: Oh, except OJ Simpson. **** that guy.

Urgh, makes me feel pretty horrible that Terry is going to get cheered to the rafters by Chelsea fans after this. We'll have to wait for full verdict but where does leave the club with its 'zero tolerance' racism stance?
He has the right to appeal first. Pretty sure the club statement said they'd wait until Terry had made a decision about appealing and see the potential verdict of that before making their own moves to deal with the matter.

Will be interesting to see if/how we back him.

It's hard though as we have seen him acquitted by the courts but the FA has banned him. It's a strange situation as he is guilty and not guilty at the same time. I understand the standard of proof is different in the FA hearings and its only on a balance of probabilities rather than beyond reasonable doubt.

Also, why did the ref book Luiz for diving? I don't think he was appealing for a penalty ffs :D

From where I was sat it looked such a blatant dive :D

Loved the win today and happy with the performance. Some very squeaky bum moments but glad we held on. Haven't seen the Torres penalty claim, was it a pen or just a tangle of legs?

Never been to the Emirates before and couldn't believe the lack of atmosphere from the non-Chelsea parts, literally don't sing at all. The chant of, Robin van Persie, he left cause your ****, did make me laugh though. Only problem was they scored straight after we sang that which jinxed it somewhat.

From where I was sat it looked such a blatant dive :D

Loved the win today and happy with the performance. Some very squeaky bum moments but glad we held on. Haven't seen the Torres penalty claim, was it a pen or just a tangle of legs?

Completely miskicked the ball, same as last week

It was a clear dive.

Also thought the front 4 were really good today, looking at a general point of view. Hazard put in a great shift defensively and helping out Cole in the 2nd half ditto Mata/Oscar on the other flank. Torres' workrate was very good today too (noticed he won nearly all of his aerial battles today, was winning tackles etc etc)

huh? Torres clearly got clipped by Koscielny when he pulled back to shoot. Not a penalty as Kos didn't break his stride or do anything, but it was definitely the reason he mis-hit (or just missed) it. You could tell as soon as he got that ball he was never scoring anyway.

Torres is going to start literally every game isn't he. Been poor tonight, just won't shoot from outside the box and so bad at 1v1's nowadays. Nord are a decent side, good result so far. Drogba been teaching Luiz some freekicks :cool:

Archived