Official Forum FAQ - The Answers to all of Your Questions!

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know if you can register players after the transferlist closed? In reallife you can add freeagents to your squad and play them at least in Germany, so is the game missing that feature or am I too stupid to find it?

• 2 weeks later...

Could a mod delete this part of point XX. How does tutoring improve young players?

What is written there is a myth and tests with Genie Scout and FMRTE showed that the thre options does the same. Which means that the player learns both PPM's and mental stats from his tutor.

Having said that, if you notice, there are 3 different options when you want to get a player tutored:

1. Ideal role model

2. Approach to the game

3. Can learn from

All the 3 options do different things. If I'm not mistaken (and correct me if I'm wrong):

1. Youngster will only pick up mental stats.

2. Youngster will pick up some mental stats and some PPM's.

3. Youngster will only pick up PPM's.

If you pick option 3, the mentality of the tutor doesn't come into question. In that case, if he has good PPM's, he is still a good tutor. Mertesacker would be a good tutor because he has the "does not dive into tackles" PPM which, imo, is good for a CB.

I did test this when the game was released but I've bought a new Laptop since then so I don't have the saves anymore, but if you read the post I wrote about this topic:

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4223863&postcount=9

I forgot to write in that post that I checked the hidden attributes to.

You can do the same experiment as I did and you will see that it is a myth that the options offers a different kind of tutoring.

Purefun I started the tests again. Here is the first save were I chose Man Utd and told several young players that a senior player was their ideal role model. According to the faq XX. How does tutoring improve young players?

It says that choosing Ideal role model the Youngster will only pick up mental stats. Well if you downlaod this file:

http://www.filefront.com/15091461/Ideal-role-model-test.rar/

You have the test at start and after the turoring finnished. If you compare you will see that Anderson, Fabio, Macheda, Gibson, Brady and Morrison have learned 1 or 2 ppm's. If you use Genie Scout and create history point you will see that the mental and hidden stats have changed.. So already there are proofs that the first one is a myth. So the question is do I need to do the test with the other options again or is this proof enoough to remove this from the FAQ?

Ok second test, choosing the learn from option that according to the FAQ should only have the player learn PPM's. The file can be found here:

http://www.filefront.com/15102489/learn-from-test.rar/

If you use Genie scout and history points you will see that most players have developed their mental and hidden attributes. Morrison, Gibson, Macheda, Evans and Anderson have also learned som PPM's. So another proof that the difference between the three tutoring options is a myth. WOuld be nice if this is removed from the FAQ now.

• SI Staff

Regarding tutoring. The short answer is that they all three options have the same outcome like Veg has said.

The difference between the three options is now main the tutor will react to the request. For example, if you use the middle option with a tutor who sees themselves as a key player then they might react badly as you are undermining his role (as the tutor thinks he'll be that players ideal role model).

Hope this clears it up.

Regarding tutoring. The short answer is that they all three options have the same outcome like Veg has said.

The difference between the three options is now main the tutor will react to the request. For example, if you use the middle option with a tutor who sees themselves as a key player then they might react badly as you are undermining his role (as the tutor thinks he'll be that players ideal role model).

Hope this clears it up.

Strange, when I did the tests and choosed the middle option no player that was asked to tutored youngsters did react badly on this. Infact I've been using tutoring quite actively during my ordinary games, and I've only once experienced that a senior player has refused to tutor a younger player and that player had squad rotation status and was very happy at the club..

Purefun: Now when it is confirmed isn't it about time that the FAQ is edited?

I'm only doing that when I get a full update from John how this actually works.

You just can't rush Purefun Veg, he's getting old. :(;)

Shut up youngster. :(

I'm only doing that when I get a full update from John how this actually works.

I'm not saying you should edit the whole point about tutoring, you just should remove the part of it that is confirmed from SI and obvioulsy wrong. No point of having wrong info in the FAQ, just because you don't have a full update of how tutoring works. If something is wrong it shouldn't be in a FAQ even if there is other knowledge missing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is it just me, or are the players available at GFCO Ajaccio in the French CFA C bloomin' amazing for lower league clubs and free transfers :D

Yes, I'm about to embark on my tight-arse tour of the lower leagues, FM 2010 version, spending as little money as possible ;)

Not entirely sure this is the right place to ask, but I've been wondering something recently, what effect does the captain have?

What I've assumed is that a captain with higher influence will mean the team are more like to gel together, and that they'll be more likely to come from a goal behind. However I've assumed this on absolutely no proof or anything, so I'd like to know :)

Another question, what makes a good captain? Is it just influence, or are other factors involved? I've always treated my captaincy choices more for aesthetics than to gain an advantage.

Influence - How well he leads and inspires his team-mates.

For me I always look for a player with high influence and high determination, ideally with the right suit of personality as-well. I don't know how much the captain has to do with gelling. Coming from a goal behind comes down to more than having a good captain; it depends on the characters in the team.

I don't think the above really answers your question though? Apologies if it doesn't.

• 2 weeks later...

didnt want to start a new thread for this, but when i finish my first season with spurs, my squad is fine, and i want to get some quality regens for future, i want to find them when they are young (18 and less) rather than paying millions for them later, whats the best thing to search for when looking for regens?

• 3 months later...

Sorry if this has already been answered, but I was wondering if there's a way to deal with the whole 'Player A is struggling to find the motivation to play with Player B as our captain'?

Puyol and Xavi are my captains, and they unsuccessfully mentored Pique and Busquets, respectively, but I often play them in the same team...

Will things be sorted out by themselves after a while? If so approximately how long?

Or will I have to sell/avoid playing them together?

Archived