Official Forum FAQ - The Answers to all of Your Questions!

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
I've found a 16 year old regen with pretty good stats as a DC, however he is only 5'9". Do players grow in this game or will he be stuck at 5'9?

It doesn't matter, height does nothing on this game. It is a purely cosmetic feature, as well as weight.

What are his jumping/heading stats? They are what matter.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

can some one tell me the stats thresholds for the english leagues?

for example it used to be if the player had higher than 13 he was adequatte for the bottom end premiership, so anyone got a rough guide for the likes of blue square north/south?

• 2 weeks later...

Im not sure where to put this in, so here goes.

Ive played football manager for years, and one thing that anger me is when i sign a player and he dosent have a work permit thus i cant play him, whats the point in having him.

For example i have bought stephan appiah on free transfer, but he dosent have a work permit. I have tried to offer him a new contract several times in the hope the permit would be granted with success. He is eligble for italian passport if he resides in Italy, but he doesent want to go on loan there!

Anoying!!!!

Any ideas, how to work around this?

Either sending him to a WP feeder club, but that can take a while which isn't ideal for you with Appiah or keep trying the offering a new contract. What patch are you on?

Im just on normal patch.

Why have they fixed this problem on the new patches?

And, yes i know i dont see the point in sending him to a feeder club for two years, by that time he will be about 31.

Just thought, if he doesent have a work permit, how can I sign him in the first place?

Very strange.

Im just on normal patch.

Why have they fixed this problem on the new patches?

And, yes i know i dont see the point in sending him to a feeder club for two years, by that time he will be about 31.

Just thought, if he doesent have a work permit, how can I sign him in the first place?

Very strange.

If you have a feeder club that you can send players to to get work permits you can sign them anyway, as you intend to loan them out.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can someone change my thread name of Players whose contracts expires first season who are good enough for the Prem/Championship to:

Good 2009 Contract expiry's for EPL a CCC

Could someone spell expiry's right me and Roberto are a bit confused in the thread because it dosen't look right.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I agree that it seems a little odd, and I wouldn't have thought it either.

That is a guideline written and approved by some of the people involved in the match engine, some of the best tactical experts in the FM community, so I'm going to have to go with the people with the experience on this one...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This is an thread which holds the answers to the majority of those questions that everyone needs to know at sometime during their Football Manager career.

IV. How do I Post a Screenshot?

1. Ensure that any version of Football Manager is open

2. Go to the screen you want to show

3. Press 'Prt Sc', normally next to or near F12 on your keyboard

4. Open Paint, or a similar program

5. Paste the image by either pressing 'Ctrl + V' or going to edit, then paste.

6. Save the file as a JPEG

7. Upload the image to an image hosting site, such as PhotoBucket or ImageShack

8. Post the Direct URL onto this site

Or

1. Ensure that any version of Football Manager after Football Manager 2008 is open

2. Go to the screen you want to show

3. Press Alt+F9

4. A screenshot of what you want will be saved in My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager __\Screenshots

5. Upload the image to an image hosting site, such as PhotoBucket or ImageShack

6. Post the Direct URL onto this site

Both of the above are for both normal Windows and Window Vista

Anyone know how to do this for a Mac?

A-ha! got by with a little help from my friend :D

Apple key, Shift, and 3 keys all together will take an entire screen shot for you. will save it to your desk top.

Apple key, Shift, and 4 keys all together will allow you to take a screen shot of any portion that you want. Hope this helps other Mac users out there.

Archived