FM2009 Everton thread: Sponsored by Black Bill

Guest roberto922

Guest roberto922

EVERTON FC - Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Large_20070815_103602_evertonFC.gif

EvertonFC were founded in 1878 as a church team by the name of St Domingos FC. When they were founded they played in a small corner of Stanley Park but moved into Priory Road in 1882 before moving to Anfield until 1892 when they had to leave due to a dispute over rent, the result of that was that they finally ended up at their beloved home, Goodison Park, where they have remained to this day. One momentous result of this move however was the birth of Liverpool FC who took Anfield and the rest as they say is history.

Notable players throughout the years include William Ralph 'Dixie' Dean who still holds the league record of 60 goals, Alex 'The Golden Vision' Young, the now deceased Alan Ball (RIP :(), Peter Reid, Kevin Ratcliffe and more recently Duncan Ferguson. To go through all of Evertons greats would simply take too long.

In 2008 Everton moved to Finch Farm, a brand new top of the range training and youth facility that will be their home for many years.

Club Information

Name: Everton FC

Founded: 1878

Ground: Goodison Park

Capacity: 40,157

Chairman: Bill Kenwright

League: English Premier League

Rivals: Liverpool, Man United.

Training Facilities: Excellent Training facilities

Youth Facilities: Excellent youth facilities + academy

Media Prediction: 6th

Transfer Budget: £1.2 million

Affiliations: Preston, Bury

Best Player: Mikel Arteta

First Team Squad

GK Carlo Nash 2

DF Tony Hibbert 3

DF Leighton Baines 4

DF Joseph Yobo (vice captain) 5

DF Joleon Lescott 6

DF Phil Jagielka 7

MF Andy van der Meyde 8

MF Segundo Castillo (on loan from Red Star) 9

FW Louis Saha 10

MF Mikel Arteta (vice captain) 12

GK Iain Turner 14

FW James Vaughan 15

DF Lars Jacobsen 17

MF Tim Cahill 18

MF Phil Neville (captain) 19

DF Nuno Valente 20

MF Steven Pienaar 21

MF Leon Osman 22 FW Yakubu Aiyegbeni 24

GK Tim Howard 25

MF Marouane Fellaini 26

FW Victor Anichebe 30

Hottest Prospects

GK John Ruddy 32

MF Dan Gosling 34

DF John Irving 35

FW Kieran Agard 36 MF John Paul Kissock 37

FW Jose Baxter 38

MF James Wallace

MF Jack Rodwell 27

FW Lukas Jutkiewicz 28

Of the above players, Jack Rodwell and Jose Baxter are guaranteed to have the highest PA, Rodwell has been playing regularly this season and at 17 looks like a future star, be it in central midfield or defence. Jose Baxter is just 16 years old and has been likened to Wayne Rooney with some even saying that he is better technically than Rooney was at his age, he can play in midfield or attack.

Assessment

Getting into Europe should be a fairly simple target due to the quality of the side, although you don't start off with much money.

Goalkeeper – Tim Howard is by far the best goalkeeper in the squad and it might be a good idea to pick up some back up for him.

Defence – Joseph Yobo, Joleon Lescott, Leighton Baines and Phil Jagielka should be good in the game after an extremely good year so they should be alright,, despite that I think it would be a good idea to get a right back and possibly someone to replace Jagielka as I doubt that, despite being improved, he will be good enough for anything above UEFA Cup. Rodwell will also be decent back up along with Valente and Hibbert.

Midfield – This is probably the strongest part of the team. With Arteta, Pienaar, Feillani and Cahill you have a very strong first 4 with other players such as Rodwell, Castillo and Osman more than capable of coming in, despite this I think it would be a good idea to get a decent winger as back up.

Strikers – Yakubu is easily the strongest striker in the squad right now but in the short term Saha should help him out and in the long term James Vaughan should be immense along with Baxter in future years. I personally tend to use Cahill as an attacking midfielder behind Yakubu and Vaughan/Saha.

NEW:

Recommended Transfers

In:

As you will have seen there isn't much of a budget, so far I've made just two signings but neither of them seem good enough. First off I signed Edgar Davids on a free transfer and he should provide half decent back up on a low wage. Secondly I've signed a young centre back from Barcelona on loan called Martin Caceres, he's 21 years old and they paid £12.75 million for him IRL but in the game he is no more than a decent Premiership defender although he certainly has the potential to be top class. Aside from my failures this season one player that I feel would be worth a try is Vincent Enyeama, for just £60k you'd get a goalkeeper that is good enough to challenge Tim Howard for the no. 1 jersey, the only problem I've noticed is that in the games I've played so far Man City have always signed him.

Out:

First off you should try to get rid of Andy Van Der Meyde whatever way you can, I personally offered him out for free but no one wanted him, thankfully though Crewe came to my rescue and took him on loan, although they'll only be paying 10% of his wages I'm hoping he'll impress enough for someone to make an offer for him.

After VDM has gone the rest are all decent with the exception of a few youth players, to be honest I think you could easily release them all with the exception of the following:

Jose Baxter - Good enough to cover the first team strikers until February when I'd recommend loaning him out for the rest of the season unless he's playing regularly.

Shane Duffy - I've never heard of him IRL but he looks like a top prospect in FM 09

Karl Sheppard - Looks like a decent prospect, I wouldn't risk getting rid of him just yet

George Krenn - he looks like another top prospect

Eunan O'Kane - Going by real life knowledge this lad should have a fairly high PA so I'd keep hold of him for now

Kieran Agard - A hot young striker that has a great future ahead of him, he was good in 07 and 08 and he's improved alot since then so I very much doubt he'll have a low PA.

Jack Rodwell - Fairly obvious really, between himself, Baxter, Duffy and Feillani you have a fantastic core of the team for years to come.

John Paul Kissock - Good young winger.

Dan Gosling - Very versatile and good enough to step in to the starting 11 when needed.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest roberto922

A small bit on recommended transfers is up now, I'm only in mid August so I'm not that clued up yet but I'll update it as I get further in.

Sold:

Osman, 5 mill

Jagielka, 7 mill

Phill Neville, 3 mill

Bought:

Lassanna Diarra, 5 mill

Matias Fernandez, 7.5 mill

Belletti (loan)

Osvaldo (loan)

First game in, battered hull 3-0, not the most challenging of fixtures but a nice starter. Looking at the team SI have provided us loyal toffees with this season, there is very little chance of getting back into europe unless there's a bit of chopping and changing in my opinion. Looking forward to seeing how good fellaini gets in the full game though.

just sold the yak for 10 million to spurs and got rossi in from villareal for 8.5 amazing bit of buisness

also got rid of jagielka for 6 million to blackburn

struggling to get a really good tactic though to make use of the 2 amazing CM's we have in fellaini and cahill

In the proper game with the budget you are given you can sign a young lad from Sao Paulo called Oscar who looks quality.

I played chelsea away and played 5 at the back with back arrows for the 3 center halfs, arteta and Fellaini in center mid and the yak, saha and Anichebe up top and i knicked a 1-0 win and i also beat liverpool 2-1 using this. I played long balls aimed at anichebe in both games BTW. Looking like a boss tactic :)

And 22mil for Arteta:o Ill have to sell him :(

Archived