FM2009 Everton thread: Sponsored by Black Bill

Guest roberto922

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what about potential worldclass keepers?

scounted a few.. but their in their early 20s. might not be ready for champions league football next season.

Plus i want to win the title from next season onwards. so i would need a ready performer between the posts. GK for me, is the difference between a challenger and a winning team.

Make that season after next most probably ;)

cmon, u have to be optimistic all the time rite? hahahha

if i can win the premier league and Uefa cup this season, hopefully i get a large transfer kitty and increased club rep.

my target is at least 30 mil transfer and continental rep.

with 24 months payments, i should be able to get at least 1 worldclass player, GK or RB

Fellaini is class as my MC with arrows pointing backwards.

As for edwinteo, think your goals are a little too high, heres a more realistic approach:

Season 1: Target 5th or 6th with maybe a cup win

Season 2: Champions League with a definate domestic cup win

Season 3: Fight for top (1st or 2nd)

Season 4: Its yours

Fellaini is class as my MC with arrows pointing backwards.

As for edwinteo, think your goals are a little too high, heres a more realistic approach:

Season 1: Target 5th or 6th with maybe a cup win

Season 2: Champions League with a definate domestic cup win

Season 3: Fight for top (1st or 2nd)

Season 4: Its yours

cheers NYCSavage,

i normally forsake all domestic cups and focus on the league and Europe, i'm in it for the prize money. hahahha... normally unless i'm totally out of the title race, then i'll focus on the domestic cups. eg. i;m 2nd in the league end nov. been using my reserves to play in the league cup and i'm in the 4th round now.

Will report back if i manage to steal the league from the big four. Liverpool is playing badly, 10 pts behind me. have to watch both manchester teams, Arsneal and Chelsea.

I've played Arsneal and Man United at home already and have managed to thump Arsneal 4-0 and hold Man United to a 1-1 draw, although their goal was clearly offside.. hahaha

1st season:

Out:

yakubu 20 mln

jagielka 10 mln

neville 3,1 mln

osman 5 mln

arteta 20 mln

january:

lescott 30 mln

vaughan 20 mln

cahill 14,25 mln

125 mln

In:

rivaldo 725k

balotelli 12 mln

pogrebnyak 5 mln

arshavin 12 mln

diarra 11 mln

january:

zapata 14 mln

van der vaart 10,25 mln

frey 20 mln

85 mln

i ended 2nd (90 pts, 78 goals scored, 35 conceded), arsenal 1st (94 pts), man utd (83 pts)

i won uefa cup(vs valencia 3:1) and english league cup(vs liverpool 3:0)

diarra and balotelli GODLIKE <3 all others that i bought were great too, rivaldo used as a backup

2nd season:

Out:

fellaini 25 mln

yobo 20 mln

saha 2,5 mln

howard 3 mln

anichebe 5 mln

pienaar 6 mln

arshavin 25 mln

87 mln

In:

lewandowski 1 mln

de la red 5,5 mln

saviola 3,8 mln

owen free

fazio 16,75 mln

jankovic free

dos santos 6 mln

aguero 39 mln

+ some nice regens

84 mln

won community shield (vs arsenal in penalties) and euro super cup (vs barcelona 2:0 :O)

http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=HAHAHA.432.jpg

My first season has just ended, heres a brief description of how it went:

Position 7th (2nd to last game of season I could have snatched 5th if I beat the sh*te but got hammered!) Couldnt finish higher or lower on last game v Fulham, so played youth through the squad to give them all some experience.

League cup went out at first hurdle (3rd round v Man City) Used mainly youth

FA Cup got to semis (Newcastle 5-4 on pens) used backbone of squad and youth

Europe got to 2nd knockout stage and lost 3-2 agg to Sevilla

Transfers:

e9a9rcv38y37s1dxnv1p_thumb.jpg

Future Transfers pre-arranged:

yx3865pw7kurhtg5v78f_thumb.jpg

Next seasons target is to fight for Champions League (as long as my injuries lighten up a little)

Arteta, Cahill, Fellaini and Yobo are all unhappy cause I wouldnt sell them for pennies to big clubs.

Not all bad though, Arteta and Cahill have both been shortlisted for Player of the Year and I qualified for Europe. Oh and Mr Kenright had the good sense to offer me a new 2 year contract doubling my wage! I tried for 5 years but he wouldnt budge

EDIT:

gjjdba9yibnnkeic9hbv_thumb.jpg

Great news! Yakubu was worst signing of season @ £25m, Pav was best signing of the season @ £5.75m = Happy Tony and justified deal

I've found managing the toffees hard work in the demo (still waiting for the full game to arrive in the post!)

I'm trying to offload Yak, Neville, Osman and Hibbert as most of you have done to generate some cash, but no offers at all (except stupid loan offers!)

Hi guys,

like to say great thread so far.

I have started my season with everton and am struggling to get into the top 6 currently in 10th and in january.

sold the yak at beginning of season for 30mil and bought in marcelo , who has done excellent at LB for me , also bought vagner love who is awful, i am finding it really hard for any of my strikers to score , heres my current line up

LB: MARCELO

CB: YOBO (CURRENTLY CONSIDERING A 20 MILL OFFER FROOM CHELSEA/CITY/JUV/MILAN)

CB: JAGS/LESCOTT

RB: JAGS/NEVILLE

LM: PIENAAR/BAINES

CM: CAHILL

CM: FELAINI

RM: ARTETA

CF: SAHA

CF: LOVE

vaughan and anichebe arnt performing ao hopefully i am bringing in arshavin pending the sale of yobo all of other players are playing well just not getting results!!! and ideas of a good targetman/playmaker??

also i am trying to sign a guy called MATA , for some reason there is no option for me to make an offer for him everyother player i have the option but for mata its not there, does anyone know the reaosn for this??

also i am trying to sign a guy called MATA , for some reason there is no option for me to make an offer for him everyother player i have the option but for mata its not there, does anyone know the reaosn for this??

Check to see if the guy is on loan somewhere, if he is, then probably has a non-release clause?

I had the same problem with Adu, then end of season comes and I could bid for him again.

I just sold Vaughan for £19m + 25% to Man City and Gorgano for £10m plus 30% sell on to Newcastle. Now I have a tidy £33.5m to get a DC as cover and a left winger.

Not going to rush into any signings though, take my time, scout a few players and see how it goes.

Hehe just been drawn with Dundee Utd in the Euro Cup Qualifiers! Cant believe I have to qualify!

Check to see if the guy is on loan somewhere, if he is, then probably has a non-release clause?

I had the same problem with Adu, then end of season comes and I could bid for him again.

I just sold Vaughan for £19m + 25% to Man City and Gorgano for £10m plus 30% sell on to Newcastle. Now I have a tidy £33.5m to get a DC as cover and a left winger.

Not going to rush into any signings though, take my time, scout a few players and see how it goes.

Hehe just been drawn with Dundee Utd in the Euro Cup Qualifiers! Cant believe I have to qualify!

thanks ur right , he has a loan no elease clause :( , i had another blow with love bein injued but managed to get in a striker called acosta and a CM/DM emerson for 2mll, not proving to bad so far , vaughan has come into to some form. just beat panathnaikos in euefa first knockout round but got AC milan in next round. got nowhere in fa and league cup. been a rough season so fr.

@craken...you sold every decent player everton have! You're in your 2nd season but theres only 3 original Everton players left in the squad!? And im assuming you will replace Baines and Hibbert soon. Its your game, but just wondering why you would play as everton if you wanted to sell all of the players there? It can't be for the stadium and budget surely ?

I'm not questioning the quality of replacements, just the method. Replacing the whole first team squad in one season is totally unrealistic, and makes the game way too easy IMO. Also that strategy could be followed at just about any club, with the same top players signed. Following this strategy would make any mid-table/european challenger into a title prospect in just 2 seasons, which is hardly realistic, look how long Villa and Everton in real life have worked to improve their squads. Its hardly winning with Everton if the squad is completely unrecognisable ? My real question is just the motive. Like for example i would manage Everton for the likes of Cahill, Arteta, Rodwell, Baxter, Jagielka, Lescott etc. I'd manage Arsenal for their amazing youth, and first team like Fabregas, Van Persie, Clichy etc. I see no point taking over a club and selling ALL of its players, it astounds me.

Just my two pennies anyway.

Guest roberto922

So in 15 years time (game time) when the squad is unrecognisable would you refuse to manage them because the team is unrecognisable? Anyway like you said it's his game so it honestly doesn't matter.

So in 15 years time (game time) when the squad is unrecognisable would you refuse to manage them because the team is unrecognisable? Anyway like you said it's his game so it honestly doesn't matter.

Thats a pretty poor argument to be honest!

In 15 years you would still know the players so it wouldnt be unrecognisable!

My point was replacing the whole team in just ONE year, with players from around the globe, was totally unrealistic. I'd expect and want much of the squad to be replaced and changed in 5 years, let alone 15. But i'd also want to keep a core of original first teamers, that was my point too. I guess my way of playing is slightly different, winning at all costs isnt as important as winning the right way. Both are achiveable, but with my way i wouldn't get bored at how easy it was.

I'm not questioning the quality of replacements, just the method. Replacing the whole first team squad in one season is totally unrealistic, and makes the game way too easy IMO. Also that strategy could be followed at just about any club, with the same top players signed. Following this strategy would make any mid-table/european challenger into a title prospect in just 2 seasons, which is hardly realistic, look how long Villa and Everton in real life have worked to improve their squads. Its hardly winning with Everton if the squad is completely unrecognisable ? My real question is just the motive. Like for example i would manage Everton for the likes of Cahill, Arteta, Rodwell, Baxter, Jagielka, Lescott etc. I'd manage Arsenal for their amazing youth, and first team like Fabregas, Van Persie, Clichy etc. I see no point taking over a club and selling ALL of its players, it astounds me.

Just my two pennies anyway.

i totaly agree. seen this alot on the forums last month. its to easy to sell players for unrealistic high amounts of money and the high rep of premier leauge makes english premiership clubs able to get 5-6 european superstars from start. doesnt matter if u are portsmoth,everton or middlesborough.

it gets pretty boring reading team threads when everyone have bought same players (all -10 players and the 180+ ones that go for cheap and computer teams doesnt protect yet). the core and the best players should stay with their main teams untill they retire or getto old to play good and then fill out the squad with better players then the replacers and old ones.

my2c

Guest roberto922

Or if you're too lazy to click ;)

I started a game as Everton as they are a team with good potential. The main aim for my game was to build the squad to be a serious contender for the premiership against league leaders Arsenal, Chelsea, Man UTD and Liverpool.

Also I have now been appointed the Ghana manager as it is the World Cup this Summer and I want to try to make a international impact. They have already qualified but their manager got sacked as he underachieved in the African Nations. (So keep checking and I will update progress).

Manager record (at the moment):

managerrecordwithlc.jpg

ALL proof can be found here on my photobucket: http://s481.photobucket.com/albums/rr173/ayresdominic/

Transfers Season 1

Season 1:

Premiership: 3rd

League Cup: Winner

FA Cup: 6th Round

Euro Cup: Winner

Transfers Season 2:

Season 2(On-going):

Euro Supercup: Winner

Premiership: 1st (Un-beaten)

FA Cup: Quarter Finals (Screenshot when I win-hopefully)

European Championship Cup: First Knockout rounds(Screenshot when I win-hopefully)

Ghana: Appointed manager:

World Cup: (on-going). (Screenshot when I win-hopefully)

Tips I noticed with Everton and game:

-Every match adjust your tactic. In this game you cannot get away with same instructions like previous games. I have same formation however.

-Assistant manager provides useful feedback, but sometimes you should just take control and do what you feel is best.

-3d match engine okay to try, but don't use it too slow.

-James Vaughan is amazing, just scores. Nurture him. and Everton have a great range of youth Rodwell and Gosling. Play them in league cup and and make them available for reserves and 1st team as squad depth is lacking.

-Tim Howard is a match winner. and Fellaini

-Saha is injury prone, sell.

-If you do well, AC Milan, Real M , Barcelona and other big clubs want Vaughan, Baines, Yakubu, Howard, Fellaini, Yobo, Cahill, Arteta. Make sure you hang on to these players. I mean the cost of selling a big established achieving player and then getting someone in who is not used to your tactics and instructions is not worth the hassle/risk.

-Buy youth and bring them into the establishment i.e. Vaughan, Adam Davies, Aquino etc instead of a big player with language difficulties.

-Dave Connolly will be probably the best defender on the game.

-Only buy national players that are similar to current players they will struggle to adapt.

-Be tight on wage structure. I got rid of all players with high wages that were in not in first 11. I raised about £5m extra.

-As club stature grows, you can have more coaches, get coaches with high stats that you have missing already.

-Pre-season play against really low teams, the kind that you win 16-1 etc. My strikers were all Super Morale for Euro Super Cup against Man Utd and I won.

-Be careful with press conferences, always be positive. Try not to be yourself, as I am a Arsene Wenger type like choose No Comment etc. Instead I just go for positive and it plays a big part in games. Never give tactics out or speculation. Or storm out-as it is quite funny.

KEEP CHECKING BACK I WILL UPDATE!

Going to start again with Everton. Anyone know how good vaughan becomes?

Vaughan is one of my favourite strikers, he is amazing. He is so clinical and had single handler won so many games. He literally won my league cup final on his own.

Or if you're too lazy to click ;)

I started a game as Everton as they are a team with good potential. The main aim for my game was to build the squad to be a serious contender for the premiership against league leaders Arsenal, Chelsea, Man UTD and Liverpool.

Also I have now been appointed the Ghana manager as it is the World Cup this Summer and I want to try to make a international impact. They have already qualified but their manager got sacked as he underachieved in the African Nations. (So keep checking and I will update progress).

Manager record (at the moment):

managerrecordwithlc.jpg

ALL proof can be found here on my photobucket: http://s481.photobucket.com/albums/rr173/ayresdominic/

Transfers Season 1

Season 1:

Premiership: 3rd

FA Cup: 6th Round

Transfers Season 2:

Season 2(On-going):

Euro Supercup: Winner

Premiership: 1st (Un-beaten)

FA Cup: Quarter Finals (Screenshot when I win-hopefully)

European Championship Cup: First Knockout rounds(Screenshot when I win-hopefully)

Ghana: Appointed manager:

World Cup: (on-going). (Screenshot when I win-hopefully)

Tips I noticed with Everton and game:

-Every match adjust your tactic. In this game you cannot get away with same instructions like previous games. I have same formation however.

-Assistant manager provides useful feedback, but sometimes you should just take control and do what you feel is best.

-3d match engine okay to try, but don't use it too slow.

-James Vaughan is amazing, just scores. Nurture him. and Everton have a great range of youth Rodwell and Gosling. Play them in league cup and and make them available for reserves and 1st team as squad depth is lacking.

-Tim Howard is a match winner. and Fellaini

-Saha is injury prone, sell.

-If you do well, AC Milan, Real M , Barcelona and other big clubs want Vaughan, Baines, Yakubu, Howard, Fellaini, Yobo, Cahill, Arteta. Make sure you hang on to these players. I mean the cost of selling a big established achieving player and then getting someone in who is not used to your tactics and instructions is not worth the hassle/risk.

-Buy youth and bring them into the establishment i.e. Vaughan, Adam Davies, Aquino etc instead of a big player with language difficulties.

-Dave Connolly will be probably the best defender on the game.

-Only buy national players that are similar to current players they will struggle to adapt.

-Be tight on wage structure. I got rid of all players with high wages that were in not in first 11. I raised about £5m extra.

-As club stature grows, you can have more coaches, get coaches with high stats that you have missing already.

-Pre-season play against really low teams, the kind that you win 16-1 etc. My strikers were all Super Morale for Euro Super Cup against Man Utd and I won.

-Be careful with press conferences, always be positive. Try not to be yourself, as I am a Arsene Wenger type like choose No Comment etc. Instead I just go for positive and it plays a big part in games. Never give tactics out or speculation. Or storm out-as it is quite funny.

KEEP CHECKING BACK I WILL UPDATE!

Thank you for pasting it here, I did not want to as it is quite a read.

I have added my formation layout now to Photobucket.

No problem mate, keep us updated on how you do :) Out of interest, did you play with 4-4-2?

Yes. Will do.

Just got through against Juvu in Euro on away goals. Got Man Utd but I have never lost to them and have played them 8 times so feel over-confident.

I keep getting a lot of draws at the moment. I nearly lost several times but came back. Still unbeaten in league.

Hes a regen mate, unique to your game

Yes I know. I was just so amazed from 10 goals from defence. Might have to get him in 1st team next season. Lescott I might sell and buy Sakho who was my favourite defender on 08. He is good friends with Saivet.

My previous game I was England U21's and won Championship 3 times and my Gk was an Arsenal Reg and he had 20 on all key GK attributes, and mental. He did not concede a goal in 2 years for my team.

How are you doing?I have looked through here and seen little information about your team etc.

Guest roberto922

I've been busy with FC United but I'm enjoying this now, coming into August 08, no sales or buys, all strong wins in my friendlies.

juat finishd my 1sr season in 8th place , had to beat tottenham (who finished 5th) on my last game to finish 7th and get into euro but only managed a draw , luckily i didnt get sacked as had poor run in FA and league cup. euro cup got knocked out by ac milan 5-5 on agg in second knockout stage. had an excellent run of form ;ast 2 months of season , playing cahill as a striker he was banging them in . gonna aim for top 5 finish this season , and recomended cheap signings for 2nd season??? Also , how do you post screenshots on the forum??

keep the threads cummmin guys, great post!!!

Hi Guys,

Decided to start an Everton game after reading all your great stories. Started in December 2008 (I always do this). Well anyway, they where in 17th place. Although only 6points between 17th and 12th. Half way through January and I'm sitting in 10th. Out of Carling cup when i started. Into 6th round of FA Cup, Got Fiorientina in Uefa Cup and if I Win that I have the joy of trying to overcome either A.C Milan or Marseille, so I don't think I will be winning the Uefa Cup this year. Cashed in on Yakubu like most of you guys seem to have done. Got 30million from City I WAS SHOCKED WHEN THEY OFFERED THIS. Bought Cardozo, Zhrikov and Pogrebynak. Also got Mark Wilson on loan from Celtic as cover for Neville. I play a 4-4-2 with Wing Backs and AML and AMR. Im aiming to try and get into Uefa Cup through league position but I will be going all out in FA Cup in case I slip up in league. Any comments welcome =]

Im in your camp deejay, I play with the core players and build a team around them using my current youth and minor buys, I cant remember the last time I bought someone for over £20m!

That is what I do, however I brought Downing as needed LM and youngsters for lots of money.

juat finishd my 1sr season in 8th place , had to beat tottenham (who finished 5th) on my last game to finish 7th and get into euro but only managed a draw , luckily i didnt get sacked as had poor run in FA and league cup. euro cup got knocked out by ac milan 5-5 on agg in second knockout stage. had an excellent run of form ;ast 2 months of season , playing cahill as a striker he was banging them in . gonna aim for top 5 finish this season , and recomended cheap signings for 2nd season??? Also , how do you post screenshots on the forum??

keep the threads cummmin guys, great post!!!

2ndtransfers.jpg

I am unbeaten in league, in Euro Championship Semi-Finals and Won League Cup, Euro Super Cup and In FA Semi's. In other words on form for Quadruple + Euro Super Cup.

But I only have this funding from winning League Cup, Euro Cup and finishing 3rd last season

JUST KEEP YAKUBU, VAUGHAN, YOBO, LESCOTT, HOWARD, BAINES, CAHILL, ARTETA,FELLAINI AND YOU WILL SUCCEED.

Okay guys, why the hell will Balotelli just refuse to come to me. Inter have accepted both loan AND transfers offers from me for him, yet he still refuses to come no matter how much money i give him. Soft TW**

Reputation/Club Status.

You have Vaughan and Yakubu so is he needed?

Cashed in on Yakubu like most of you guys seem to have done. Got 30million from City I WAS SHOCKED WHEN THEY OFFERED THIS. =]

Fair enough, some players underperform on some games however Yakubu was probably the highest scoring player on the game last season:

League: Games:34(3), Goals:21 *7 MOM awards

Cup: Games: 7 Goals: 8 *2 MOM

Continental: Games: 14, Goals: 15 *3 MOM awards

International: Games: 5, Goals 3

Overall: Games: 55, Goals: 44, * 12 MOM awards

I mean he helped me get 3rd in league, win Euro ( I mean look at his Continental) and I won League Cup through his goals.

But I suppose if 30 Million can be used in all areas it should be done.

Update 2nd Season:

Premiership: Winner (I have two games to go) My unbeaten run came to an end by losing to Man City and Tottenham. But I did go 57 games without losing

Champions League: in Final.

FA Cup: Semi-Finals (The only cup I seem to struggle in).

WILL ADD SCREENSHOTS WHEN WON/LOSSED EURO>

Nice one Dom, got the Toffees cooking at last.. I'm still waiting for my full version to arrive, but am doing well in the league (demo) in 6th position. Only sigings are Pablo Osvaldo (loan) and Edgar Davids (free), only significant sale is Carlo Nash (40k loan fee)

I am leaving Everton as the only challenge left is the FA cup and too be honest I doubt I can top this seasons performance, so going to play with Ghana for the World Cup and then maybe move abroad.

Here is this seasons remarkable results:

Manager profile(Just won manager of the year):

manageroverview.jpg

Manager achievements:

achievements.jpg

Premiership: Winner

Evertonleague.jpg

FA Cup: Semi Final

Champions League: Winner

Even though I have just raised £44million from Prize money and TV Renune £44million I am leaving to check out the international scene so good luck everyone I am now resigning and going to see if can do well with Ghana in world cup in next week have a hard group:

Brazil, Mexico and Portugal.

Just sold Yakubu to Liverpool for 25mil € and Vaughan to sunderland for 10mil €. I'm now looking for a replaicement, already have keirrison, progrebnyak and anichebe. Baxter seems not ready for the first team and I'm going to the Champions League so I'm in need of a quality goal machine in front. I tried for Balotteli but the dude's not intressted and I'm not sure who to sign. Huntelaar, Mario Gomez and Cardozo just signed for an other club so they are also out of the question. Any suggestions?

@Phille...have your scouts found any top strikers searching central europe ? What type of striker are you looking for, a big strong TM type who is an aerial threat ? A pacy striker, who plays on the shoulder of the last defender ? A playmaker forward ? All types are capable of scoring lots of goals, just depends on the system your playing and the individual instructions.

A really good all round striker is Lisandro Lopes at Porto, might be expensive, but is good with the ball on the floor, or in the air, good long shots, good physical attributes.

Goran Pandev at Lazio is an excellent, skillful forward, with good pace and dribbling skills, should score goals.

Two future all round prospects, are Salvatore Foti, and Federico Laurito, both should be cheap replacements for Vaughan, and allow you to sign an established forward as well, to replace Yakubu.

Im surprised you sold Vaughan though, he's a home-grown star, should help with Europe quotas, and be an excellent goalscorer in future.

i'm also one of those who could not resist the big money offered for Everton's top players.

in 1st season, january transfer window. just bought Micah richards for 5 mil plus M Fellaini.

currently still undefeated in league and cup games, although i draw alot, have drawn at home against Man U and Chelsea and away against small teams who park the bus.

i play 2 formations 4-3-2-1 @ home and 4-3-1-2 away

current best 11 (4-3-2-1 home)

GK Howard

DR Micah Richards

DL Baines

DC Yobo

DC Lescott

MC Veloso

MCd Ruben Da la red

MC L Diarra

AMC Matias Fernandez

AMC Goran Pandev

ST Oscar Cardozo

Having problems with Lescott, he has gone to the media saying he needs to move to a bigger team to succeed. Already getting interest from Man U, Man City, Chelsea, Arsneal, Liverpool, Inter Milan, AC milan, Juventus, Seveilla.....

he has a constant 'Unhappy' icon

any advice on what to do? i'm in January, if i sell him, i will have difficulty bringing in a quality DC who is not cup tied. He is still playing fine, morale is high, but is constantly unhappy. Will he still play fine for me, or play bad until i sell him?

Archived