FM2009 Everton thread: Sponsored by Black Bill

Guest roberto922

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wow... worst business ever there mate...

got £25m from City for Yak, and £8m from Spurs for Jags...

Yeah i realised that when i started another everton file on the demo, would not of thought anyone would buy the Yak for that much, going to make amends for it though on my proper 09 file once the mac patch comes through

:o you sold Cahill? :( 29m aint bad though... i sold yak to city for 28m straight off the bat, didnt realise however you only get 75% of what comes in :( so havent got a proper rep yet, almeida was a cheap cover...saha, vaughan and anichebe hold their own anyway :).

:o you sold Cahill? :( 29m aint bad though... i sold yak to city for 28m straight off the bat, didnt realise however you only get 75% of what comes in :( so havent got a proper rep yet, almeida was a cheap cover...saha, vaughan and anichebe hold their own anyway :).

29 mill, was just like, if any club comes in with a bid i will accept it. He's a good player but to then sign deffour and saivet with the money is a good bit of business. He's 29 aswell...

I'm still in Pre Season, spenat an age developing my tactics and had numerous crashes (bug when having Goal Highlights set for Right Hand Split View)

Transfers In:

Carioca £3m

Texiera £10m

Di Maria £6m

Transfers Out:

Yakubu £26m

Finished my first season with Everton finishing 4th. I thought I was on for 5th tbh but a great run towards the end of the season and beating Bolton 2-1 at home on the last day of the season meant I finished 4th.

Didn't do anyhitng spectaular in other cups. Lost to Portsmouth on away goals in the UEFA 2nd round knockout (I think)

Sold Yakubu for £25mill to City.

Bought:

Rossi - £10.5m (ish)

Marcelo - £5.5m

Loaned in 2 or 3 players just for cover.

Rossi was superb as was Marcelo on the left wing. Fellaini was excellent in MC, with Lescott and Yobo as solid as ever. Vaughan and Anichebe scored about 35 between them.

Just playing a standard 4-4-2, with wingers arrowed forward.

Hoping to get through to the group stages of the CL to start getting some decent money in, and bring in some players to bolster up the squad.

First season I sold Baines and bought in Marcelo who was superb. Sold Osman, Nash and Anichebe.

bought in Marcelo, Belletti, Emerson, Acosta and some CB from Barca on loan. Come 7th, but won the League cup. Kenwright accepted 8 for Jagielka in January. Then 22.5 for Marcelo in July, and about a week later Cahill for 22.5, and 32 for Fellaini and 1 week in to the season he has accepted 27 for Lescott.

Hi all,

i played Everton on my last FM08 save, and i think i should carry on with them in 09.

I used to have fast Defenders as the base of my tactic, so i could push up the Dline

and pressurise the opposition.

i played a 5-2-3 tactic with wing backs and advance wingers and a strong target man.

James Vaughn made the lone striker position his own, with passes to feet.

3 CBs = Yobo + Lescott as speedy DCs + Chris Samba as Zonal Aerial Beast between.

Replaced Lescott with Micah richards in season 3.

Any suggestions for Speedy or Aerial beasts in 09?

thinking of replicating the same tactic in 09, but i will have wonderkid Marouane Fellaini as my box to box midfielder, i used M Bodmer in 08 in the same role. Fellani midfield partner should be Arteta for now, i used Pirlo there in 08 (Milan transfer listed him in season 3 haha)

if i get a big offer for Arteta, i should then go for maybe Joao Mountino, from Porto

i would need to get some speedy wingers who can finish as well.

Matias Fernandez would be first choice, maybe Marcelo if he will come, maybe Alexis Sanchez

i used Andy Johnson on the wings in 08 and he did the job

might need a few seasons to raise the money required to get in my targets.

with the miserable transfer budget, i might need to raise some initial money.

looks like the Yak and Jagielka would be the first out the door.

maybe Areta if the correct offer comes in.

good luck to all Everton fans

I'm into March in my first season and are currently 7th, 6th place finish looks my best bet.

In January everybody in europe were after my players, i rejected all offers (apart from £7m for Osman) - want to finish the season and decide who to keep and who to get rid of.

I've kept Yakubu, but he is too inconsistent - does anyone have a suggestion for getting the best out of him? or should i just cash in?

Guest roberto922
u got him at the start of season 1? was it 14 mil straight? or a structured deal?

14m straight. I sold the Yak for 28m and Mikky for 30m to Citeh.

Started my Everton save, not too far in yet (just the middle of December, sitting in 8th). Strapped for cash obviously, and I haven't sold anyone, but I brought in Davide Santon from Inter for 1.8M and John Fleck from Rangers. Those two are the only ones who've seen any first team play, but I also brought Giorgi Makaridze in on load to see how he develops before I buy him, and a young Czech striker my scouts recommended named Vaclav Kadlec who's only 16 and looks just as good as Jose Baxter right now, so that's a plus.

Not sure yet whether I'm going to sell anyone- there are clubs interested in Yakubu, Lescott, Jagielka, Cahill, Arteta, and about 8 big clubs interested in Yobo, so I'm sure I'll have some bids to fend off come January.

Tonight is the first time i have sat down to my Everton save for 09.

Have been getting used to the different tactics first,

Transfers Out

Yakubu - 32m to Real Madrid (I offered Yak out to clubs for 30m Real offered 2mil on top for 10 goals scored)

Van der Meyde - Free to Sheff Utd

Kissock - Loaned out to QPR

Transfers In

Kyle Naughton - 1.5m from Sheff Utd

Fred - 5.5m from Lyon

Kevin Doyle - 7.0m from Reading

Joao Moutinho -11.75m from Sporting

Turan Arda - 6mill from Galatasaray

Initially i was worried about starting this game, i had huge sucess in FM08 with my Everton save. Winning 8 titles in 11 years and the champions league 3 times.

I am currently up to the 27th September and have just lost my first game 0-1 to Blackburn.

My record is now Pld6 W4 D1 L1 For8 Aga2

And i am currently 4th in the league with 13 points. I am gutted that Liverpool are top with 17 points

The signings made have all performed ok with the exception of Fred who is terrible.

Moutinho is looking like a Star played 7 scored 4 rating of 7.64

Doyle has also scored 5 in 5.

My aims for this game is to qualify for the champions league in the first season, fingers crossed i can do it.

Ok... started the preseason matches..

my tactic is a 5-2-3

3 DCs= Yobo, Jagielka , Lescott

2 wingbacks = Baines, Neville

2 MCs = Fellani, Arteta

2 adv. wingers = Pienarr, Osman

1 striker = Saha

struggling to bring any quality to the club as yet.

scouted players but all say not interested to join...

any suggestions for affordable wingers for around 5-7 mil?

i would like to get a dependable attacking right wingback too... but i fear its never gonna be cheap

Ok... started the preseason matches..

my tactic is a 5-2-3

3 DCs= Yobo, Jagielka , Lescott

2 wingbacks = Baines, Neville

2 MCs = Fellani, Arteta

2 adv. wingers = Pienarr, Osman

1 striker = Saha

struggling to bring any quality to the club as yet.

scouted players but all say not interested to join...

any suggestions for affordable wingers for around 5-7 mil?

i would like to get a dependable attacking right wingback too... but i fear its never gonna be cheap

Try Marcelo for the left wing. Should cost you between £4.5m - £5.5m. Retain him as a AML and he is superb. Worth over £12m for me in Jan, 2nd season. Or if you have a bit more cash, try Matias Fernandez from Villareal, but will cost more like £6m - £7.5m I think.

Peronsally Arteta plays superb on the right wing, so you might try playing him there and see how he goes. Get him on free kicks too.

1st season

Yak for 24m to City

Vaughan (Jan) 11m to Arsenal

Brought Arshavin in for 13m

Fernandez for 7m

Second season

Sold Arshavin to City for 32m

In 2nd season pre-season now with a massive budget and champs league to offer, it's looking good...

Was it money you rasied or did the board offer you lots?

Wish I was having the same luck - currently 12th with Everton, spent 3/4 of my entire budget on getting Belletti in on loan. Doing ok in the UEFA cup, but having real difficulty in the league, hopefully come Xmas some of the big clubs will offer some decent money for some players so I can make a few changes.

Just started my 2nd season with Everton, and things are looking much better. The entirety of last year was up and down- ended up finishing in 8th, but a poor start to the season meant that a lot of the team had lost confidence in me, which persisted throughout the year despite the fact that results picked up a bit towards the end.

I sold Yobocop to Man City for 17M, and Vaughan and Saha both left for Sunderland (10M and 1.5M respectively). Anichebe was sold for 3M to Wigan, Hibbert for 3M to Boro, and Osman for 3.5M to Newcastle.

I've brought in Daniel Carrico, a young Portuguese CB from Sporting for 5M, Fernando Forestieri for 900k, and Mehmet Ekici from Bayern for 3M, who looks quite promising. I also spent 15M on Oscar Cardozo, a big Paraguayan striker from Benfica, who's been decent so far- only one goal but he's served the team well. On top of that, I bought Guilherme, a 20y/o Brazilian from Cruzeiro for 19M. He was the top scorer at the U20 World Cup, and was very highly recommended by me scouts. So far he's been incredible, with 7 goals in 5 matches. Apart from them, Henri Saivet for 8M at the end of last season is the only other transfer of note I've done, though I've brought in some good youngsters from Spain and nicked a good young goalkeeper off Chelsea on a free- all of whom were recommended by my scouts.

So far I'm sitting in 3rd in the Prem, 5 matches in.

Just started my 2nd season with Everton, and things are looking much better. The entirety of last year was up and down- ended up finishing in 8th, but a poor start to the season meant that a lot of the team had lost confidence in me, which persisted throughout the year despite the fact that results picked up a bit towards the end.

I sold Yobocop to Man City for 17M, and Vaughan and Saha both left for Sunderland (10M and 1.5M respectively). Anichebe was sold for 3M to Wigan, Hibbert for 3M to Boro, and Osman for 3.5M to Newcastle.

I've brought in Daniel Carrico, a young Portuguese CB from Sporting for 5M, Fernando Forestieri for 900k, and Mehmet Ekici from Bayern for 3M, who looks quite promising. I also spent 15M on Oscar Cardozo, a big Paraguayan striker from Benfica, who's been decent so far- only one goal but he's served the team well. On top of that, I bought Guilherme, a 20y/o Brazilian from Cruzeiro for 19M. He was the top scorer at the U20 World Cup, and was very highly recommended by me scouts. So far he's been incredible, with 7 goals in 5 matches. Apart from them, Henri Saivet for 8M at the end of last season is the only other transfer of note I've done, though I've brought in some good youngsters from Spain and nicked a good young goalkeeper off Chelsea on a free- all of whom were recommended by my scouts.

So far I'm sitting in 3rd in the Prem, 5 matches in.

Fair play for persevering mate. What kind of formation have you been using? Are you using your own tactics and tweaking etc.

Finally finished my first season with the grand old team.

Thought i did pretty well.

League Cup - Semi Final - Lost 3-2 to Man City

FA Cup - 6th Round - Lost 2-0 again to City (Bit of a bogey team in the cups beat them twice in the league)

Euro Cup - romped a group stage that contained Valencia and Rennes. Only to lose to Schalke in the 2nd round.

Best Acheivement was finishing 5th in the league

Signings.

Moutinho - Won English Players' Player of the year

48 Appearance and 14 Goals 10 Assists - Avg Rating of 7.29

Cost me 11.75m now valued at 29.5m

Doyle - 31 Appearances and 14 Goals - Rating 7.00

Arda - 30 Appearances 1 Goals 7 Assists - Rating 7.01

Fred - 20 Appearance 8 Goals - Rating 6.70

Naughton - Was first team backup only played six times - Rating 7.02

Had other good success in the team, Cahill & Felliani both solid.

Yobo and Jagielka solid at the back.

And promising progress from the youngsters Rodwell, Baxter and Vaughan

Pienaar and Anichebe were the worst performers in the team.

I also sold Arteta in the jan transfer window for £30 million to Chelski

So i now have a budget of 28 million to try and build the team up for the next season.

Need a real good Right back to replace Phil Neville and a new Right Mid to replace Osman.

Ideally I may try to sell Doyle on, and replace with a better striker.

Guest roberto922

Theres a good right back called chetien or something like that :thup: For strikers I think Vaughan should be ready to replace Doyle now, could I possibly have screenshots of Baxter and Duffy to see how they're doing?

Sold Jags and Cahill at the start of the first season for a sum total of £35m (£27m for Tim to Man City - where he's been absolutely on fire :()

Brought in Moutinho and Arshavin for a little over £11m each (about half of each fee spread over 2 years) and Lorik Cana for £7m, same sort of structure.

Really struggling to get my strikers (Yak and Arshavin) to perform...neither seems to get above about 5.8 unless they happen to score or provide an assist. Moutinho's been quality, and Pienaar's been doing really well on the left wing...

Coming up the the January window, I'm pretty broke, but in 6th place in the league. Bunch of teams interested in about half my team, so we'll see what happens.

Sold Yakubu at the start of the season for 27m and asked the board for more transfer fundings. I brought in Zhirkov and Vagner Love with the money I gained from this. Nine million each if I remember correctly. Zhirkov has been great, scoring twice and gained two assists during my first five games with a total of 7.40ish avg.r . Vagner has scored three times and is a constant threat to the opposite defense, creating chances out of nowhere.

Hi Guys

Just got the patch working now and started my season as Everton.

I have only signed on loan Benetti from Chelski on a season loan, and sold Ian Turner to Man city £1.3m and a few set free.

half way through the season and not lost a game and doing well in europe and the league and FA cup.

my formation is 4-3-3 and my team is.

Howard

Neville,Yobo, lescott,Jags

Arteta, Benetti,Felliani

Yaks,Vaughan

I might just win the league you know.

Any thoughts?

Not an Everton fan, but fancied giving them a go on FM09.

About 10 days into the January transfer window in the first season. I turned the first transfer window off to stop Man City ruining the game with all of their cash.

My one signing to date is Hedwiges Maduro from Valencia for £1.5m spead over two years. Having read some of the comments above I offered Yakubu out to other clubs for £18m, he has just signed for Spurs. Man City also matched the offer, and Sunderland offered it in lots of installments. Yakubu was very hit and miss, didn't score in first 12 matches, then got 7 in 8, then went scoreless again.

Arteta and Cahill have both been subject to offers from Man Utd and Arsenal, but holding out for around £20m for both. Cahill hasn't played much so far, consistently getting injured, as is Pienaar.

Joseph Yobo is getting a lot of attention at the moment, as he is the top rated player in the Premier League ratings. I'm not the biggest Neville fan in real life, but he has been great for me at right back so far. Anichebe has been superb so far, 20 goals in 24 appearances. I'm looking to ship out Louis Saha to avoid paying £50k a week, plus the £4m that Man U will get in installments.

We are currently 5th in the Premier League, P19, W10, D7, L2.

Lost in third round of League Cup, and secured 0-0 draw at Anfield in titanic FA Cup 3rd round game with Liverpool. Will play Feyenoord and then Sevilla/Bayern in the UEFA Cup knockout stages.

Should have said...

Playing a modified version of the 442 diamond attacking. The modification is that the three attacking parts of the diamond are pulled into the middle to make a central three, playing in front of the defensive midfielder.

Well, I'm similar to abu (not an Everton fan IRL) but I thought I'd give Everton a go as my first game. Anyway, my first season wasn't much to write home about: finished 8th in the Premiership, 5th round of FA cup, quater final of League Cup and got knocked out of Uefa Cup by Milan in 2nd knockout phase. So all in all was an unspectacular season and meant that there would be no European football for the toffee's in 2nd season.

With regards to squad their has been a huge turnover in personnel and the following big hitters have left:

.Mikel Arteta - £20 million - Barcelona

.Tim Cahill - £13 million - Man City

.Leon Osman - £7 million - Spurs

.Joleon Lescott- £15 million - Ac Milan

.James Vaughan - £11 million - Sunderland

.Yakubu - £14 million - Newcastle

.Marouane Fellaini - £20 million - Man City

.Joseph Yobo - £14 million - Ajax

.Stewart Downing (signed in 1st season for £13 million) - £20 million - Ac Milan

As you can imagine with all the money coming in I've signed a few players here's some of the main ones:

.Mirel Radoi - £9 million - he's been well below average and will probaly be punting him soonish

.Pavel Pogrebynak - £8 million - absolute bargain! signed him 1st season in January transfer window and he's been a revelation 33 games - 22 goals and 9 assists.

.Javier Saviola - £3 million - signed in 2nd season and has formed an impressive partnership with big Pav. Top scorer in PL with 18 goals. Great signing!

.Matzualem - £3 million - signed in 2nd season and has been solid chipping in with 6 goals

.Igor Akinfeev - £17 million - Expensive but definitely worth it. He's paid it back with some superb performances.

.Bosko Janckovic - £9 million - Just like Matzualem, solid performer and very versatile.

.Miguel Torres - £1.5 million - Signed for backup but has performed well when called upon.

.And just recently in January transfer window; Elano (£5.5 mill), Vincent Kompany (£4.3 million), Adriano (£1.5 mill) and Rafael Carioca (£3.4mill).

So far 2nd season isn't going too bad 8th in the league but the margin between 8th and 4th is only 4 points, so a decent run should hopefully secure me a Uefa Cup place at least.

been on a great run the last few weeks. In February now.... 3rd in the Prem, through to the Carling Cup final, 6th round of the FA Cup, and through to the knockout rounds of the UEFA. Sold Osman in the transfer window, for £6.5m to Spurs, and brought in van der Vaart for £4.5m... Seems like a good exchange to me :-D

Yeah Baxter is looking really promising, but on 30.06.2009 he suffered an injury in a Under 20s international game against China.

He is out for 5 months with Shin splits, which i think may also be a reaccuring injury.

I signed a RB called Cesar Azpilicueta from Osasuna for 16m. Looking good so far in pre-season

Have also signed Van der Vaart for 3.5m as cover for Cahil's position.

Barca offered me 30m for Arda but he rejected the contract.

And im still looking for a top class striker have 26m left to spend

ok... first season transfer window on the way...

super dealings done in my opinion. had to overhaul my squad, cos massive offers came in for my stars which i just could not refuse

Out

Leon Osman 6 mil (Sunderland)

Tony Hibbert 6.5mil (Middlesbourgh)

Phil Jaglieka Part exchange for L Diarra (Portsmouth)

Yakubu 20 mil (Real MAdrid)

Areteta 23 mil (Man. City)

Cahil 25 mil (Man City)

Saha Loan 50% salary (Paris St. G)

In

Juan Mata 4.2 mil (Valencia)

Ruben d.l Red 4.3 mil (Real MAdrid)

L Diarra 3 mil + Phil Jaglieka (Portsmouth)

Goran Pandev 12 mil (Lazio)

Matias Fernandez 6+6 24months (Villerreal)

Miguel Veloso 3+15 18 months ( Sporting SP)

With my squad full of quality in midfield, both in creative and holding, i'm planning to use a midfield based tactic. either 4-3-2-1 Xmas Tree or Brazilian 4-2-2-2

As my squad is thin in the striker department, maybe the Xmas tree is better.

Any suggestions on how i should set up my squad?

i still have 20+ mil left, but i was thinking of saving it.

Or should i bring in a quality DC, although Yobo and Lescott are alrite and Veloso and Fellanini can provide cover.

Any suggestions for loan DCs?

Archived