Official Forum FAQ - The Answers to all of Your Questions!

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm trying to play the demo but a message keeps coming on my screen say virtual memory is too low? What does this mean? Can someone please help.

You on XP?

If so you can change your virtual memory by doing the following:

1. Right click on My Computer and choose properties.
  2. Click on the advanced tab.
  3. In the performance section click on settings.
  4. In the window that appears click on the advanced tab.
  5. The last section there is virtual memory and click the change button in it.
  6. Then you can change it in the initial and and maximum size.

Hope that helps. :)

I may be stupid but how do I make substitutions in the game ?

I was playing a friendly and I went to the tactics menu and I cant seem to make a substitution.

Any help will be grateful !!

Hi,

All you need to do is to hold the player you wish to sub drag him over the player you wish to replace him with and it will make the substitution.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I am a little confused about when offering to buy a player over monthly installments and hoping someone to solve it for me.

for example 1: if my remaining transfer budget is 5million and i offer a 1m upfrotn fee and 6million over 12months , will i be abnle to purchase the player as tecnically i can afford the 1Mill upfront??

2: also related to e.g 1 if i did offer 5mill in installments would i see the 5 million go straight away from my transfer budget or would if be taken away month by month??

3: lastly if i sold a player with instalments would i see the cash come in month by month?? and would it go in my transfer budghet or the team finances??

all replys are very much appreciated ,

Dan

Hi guys,

I am a little confused about when offering to buy a player over monthly installments and hoping someone to solve it for me.

for example 1: if my remaining transfer budget is 5million and i offer a 1m upfrotn fee and 6million over 12months , will i be abnle to purchase the player as tecnically i can afford the 1Mill upfront??

2: also related to e.g 1 if i did offer 5mill in installments would i see the 5 million go straight away from my transfer budget or would if be taken away month by month??

3: lastly if i sold a player with instalments would i see the cash come in month by month?? and would it go in my transfer budghet or the team finances??

all replys are very much appreciated ,

Dan

1. If you did that, you would pay £1mil upfront plus half of the £6mil. So you would pay £4mil upfront. So yes, you would be able to buy the player.

2. No, it would be taken month by month for however many months you set it.

3. Half of the money would go straight into your account, the other half over the time specified.

Firstly, most players have set PA's. This means they are the same in everyones games. To see these, you can use the data editor that comes with the game. You can see more about this below.

V. What is the Official Data Editor?

The Official Editor is, obviously, an official program that comes with the Boxed game. It is accessible from the start menu. If the icon for the Data Editor cannot be seen, right click on the Football Manager icon, and there should be an option to 'Run Data Editor'. Click on this, and it should open. Load a database, and edit things such as player's PA and CA, stadiums, make new clubs, make new players, change clubs history and edit competition names. This program can be used to make new databases which will be able to be used for new games. It is most commonly used to check and/or edit PA and to make player transfers.

Some players have negative PA's. This means there is a range of PA's that that person could have. Here is the list:

III. What is a players Current Ability and/or Potential Ability how can it change?

Every single player on Football Manager has a Current Ability, also known as CA. This is a number ranging from 1-200, 1 being a very low ability, 200 being the highest. A players current ability changes throughout the game, depending on training, game time, and injuries. A player's current ability can also naturally go up, as a player gets older.

A players Current Ability CAN change throughout the game.

Every player also has a Potential Ability, commenly known as PA. Player Ability is a number that players are assigned to before the save game starts, and a players potential ability is the same on everyones game. This number also ranges from 1-200. A potential ability of 1 means the player is more than likely to be awful, a potential ability of 200 has the potential to be one of the worlds best. Although most players have set potential abilities, some players have varying potential abilities. These potential abilities are negative potentials. At the start of a new game players with negative potentials are assigned potentials, ranging from one number to another. The different negative abilities and what they mean are shown below:

-10 = PA 170-200

-9 = 150-180

-8 = 130-160

-7 = 110-140

-6 = 90-120

-5 = 70-100

-4 = 50-80

-3 = 30-60

-2 = 10-40

-1 = 0-20

A players Potential Ability CAN NOT change throughout the game.

To see what PA those players have in your particular game, you will have to use a in-game scout. See below for more:

VII. What is an In-Game Scout?

An in-game scout is again an unofficial program, but doesnt allow you to edit your save games. It allows you to see more information about players, such as their Sale Value, Current Ability, and Potential Ability. This program can not only allow you to see real players in more detail, but Newgens too [see Below]. Popular in-game scouts are GenieScout and MiniScout.

That should pretty much cover it, is there anything you don't understand?

Basicly you can see most players PA's from the Official Data Editor, but for some players with negative PA's you will have to use a in game editor.

• 2 weeks later...
Mine changed to 3rd team(whatever that is) at 6000.

The amount of time im on here ATM im surprised Im not first team yet:D

I go on this forum loads and i'm still a amatuer (although for a period of 6 months i couldn't find this forum so i couldn't post on it)! Need to start posting more.

Archived