FM08 - Gone in 20 Seconds - The Short Challenges Thread

We beat West Ham 1-0 to make it go down to the wire, we have to beat Man United to stay up!

We are 2 points behind survival, but heres the twist, Man United are 2 points being Chelsea who sit top, so not only are fighting for survival, they're fighting for the title :D

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kedah - May Results

League

v Terengganu W3-0 (Huggins 2, Jamal)

v Pehang L2-1 (Zambri)

v Perlis D1-1 (Zambri)

v Sarawak W3-2 (Shaari, Zainal, Martin)

v Johor FC W3-1 (James, Thirumurugan, Martin)

Would have liked to at least win the game i drew to really confirm my status as top of the league but as it happens i sat 2 points behind Perlis.

FA Cup

v N Sembalin D2-2 (Zainal 2)

That draw sent us through to the 4th round of the cup where i will meet non league Sabah.

Conf. Cup Grp F

v Mohammedan W2-0 (Martin, Saramsek)

We won the group, with 13 points. Thankfully we did as only one team from the group qualifies. We will now play Al-Jaish of Syria.

What do you say about people sending you private matches with short challenges they've made so everything can be kept in this thread. It would be nice to have a big collection of short challenges for people to choose from and it would also make the tables look a lot more interesting. Still not got around to starting but i plan on saving Sunderland sometime today.

Okay just finished the first short challenge. First I played Reading, with a good solid result, where my defence showed how solid they were, in a what could be called a dull match, but I didn't mind that as long as I got the win. It got us out of the relegation zone, but Fulham were only one point behind us.

Then came West Ham. They scored of a corner at 33 minutes and I talked the team up encouraging them. It seemed that it hadn't worked until, with two minutes left to play Wallace played Richardson in with a brilliant pass that cut the whole West Ham defence, giving Richardson an easy tap in. We were still only one point ahead of Fulham after they drew at home to Newcastle in a 1-1 draw.

Lastly, came our hardest challenge so far, in the form of Man Utd. Fulham were facing Portsmouth away, which I knew would be hard for them, so I guessed we needed a draw to stay up. We had lost a main defender, Jonny Evans, due to a clause in his contract. It took Man Utd only 7 minutes to score, with Louis Saha taking it past two defenders to score just inside the box. Then 22 minutes in Saha was at it again, wriggling outside the area, until he got a free kick just 28 yards out. Hargreaves stepped up, and scored. Things weren't going well, and it looked like we had to accept relegation. However, after 29 minutes had passed, a ray of sunshine came bursting through, after Vidic headed it down to Leadbitter in the penalty area who blasted the ball through the net. That was how things ended at half time.

I told the squad that they had chance to win this game, and with that, out they went. Apart from a few minor shots there was nothing that suggested Sunderland could come back from this. Nevertheless, 71 minutes in, Rade Prica decided to show what he could do after beating the offside trap and tapping it past van der Sar. At the moment, Sunderland were out of the relegation zone. Man Utd, on the other end of the table were chasing the title, and Rooney showed how much he wanted it by scoring after muscling his way past Nunes. This was at 82 minutes. It took Sunderland only 3 minutes to come back from that, Prica with a cheeky chip over van der Sar. It was 3-3 with 5 minutes left and it looked like Sunderland had done it. But they weren't stopping there. Right at the death, Leadbitter bolted a 30 yarder from nowhere to send the Sunderland fans into raptures.

Challenge Taken Part         Points

Man U King              1                       50
DiscoSut94              1                       20
roberto922              1                        0
ToMexico!!              1                        0
Bealesy                 1                        0
PaulHartman71  	        1                        0

nice try DiscoSut94 and PaulHartman71

coldkohmew - I am in charge of the table why?

haza555 - that what i was going to ask for after i had a few Challenges so if anyone got some short challenges just Pm me and I have a look

Kedah - June/July/August Update

League

v N. Sembalin W2-0 (Jamal, Martin)

v Selangor L2-0

v DPMM W3-2 (Zambri, Shaari, Saramsek)

v Polis DRM W3-2 (Martin, James 2)

June saw us keep a close second to Perlis that loss, possibly dashing our hopes but thankfully Perlis also lost that weekend. That set up a final fling with league leaders Perlis who were one point ahead of us. Chilean attacking midfielder Martin rallied the troops.

v Perlis W2-1 (James, Alias)

That win helped us to the league title and finish just the one point ahead of our bitter rivals.

FA Cup

June saw us take on Sabah in a two legged affair to go through to the semi finals. We went through in a 6-1 aggregate win.

Home v Sabah W4-1 (Martin 2, Thirumurugan, Jamal)

Away v Sabah W2-0 (Shaari, James)

In the semis we played Terengganu over another 2 legs.

Home v Terengganu W5-2 (James 3, Shaari, Martin)

Away v Terengganu L4-2 (Martin 2)

A 7-6 Aggregate win set up a final with Perak which will be played in October.

Malaysian Cup

Drawn with Sabah, Perak, DPMM, Kaula Lumpar and MyTeam we have to achieve top 2 to progress. 10 games to be played Home & Away.

v Sabah W3-1 (Shaari, James, Jamal)

v Perak W4-2 (Zainal, James, Jamal, Martin)

v DPMM L3-1 (Martin)

v Kuala Lumpar W1-0 (Zambri)

v MyTeam W2-0 (Zambri, Zainal)

Currently sit top 2 points ahead of MyTeam on 12 points at the half way stage of the group.

Kedah Update

First and foremost the challenge is complete. Longer than i expected but i enjoyed it. May even continue to play this save at a later date.

The League reset happned before i managed to write this update so no scores but i'll post some screenshots for proof of the league win and cup wins.

League Table

LeagueTable-13.jpg

FA Cup Win

FACupWin.jpg

Confederation Cup Win

ConfederationCup2ndLeg.jpg

We lost in the Malaysian Cup Semi Final to Selengor. 5-3 on aggregate.

Marlon James' Stats

MarlonJamesStats.jpg

Should tally up to a few points, Man U King can you tally up how many points i actually get. I'm unsure whether you get points for the seperate league and cups aswell as points for doing the double and the treble etc. Thanks

http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o453/jod123_album/ManUnited2-2Sunderland.jpg

There is my final match. I thought we were going to hang on but just could not. A draw may be enough though if Fulham lost and Wigan failed to win. Fulham did lose but Wigan beat Derby 1-0. So close but Sunderland are down. Here is the table:

http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o453/jod123_album/LeagueTable.jpg

Table Update

ToMexico!!              2                      210
jod123                  1                        0

ToMexico!! - here are the points you got, very good :thup:

80 - Win Both the League and FA Cup

100 - Win Treble

30 - Win Conf Cup

Table Update

ToMexico!! - here are the points you got, very good :thup:

80 - Win Both the League and FA Cup

100 - Win Treble

30 - Win Conf Cup

Excellent, i am actually playing on with the save as its intrigued me the amount of money about in the league system and the budgets i have to spend. Should easily do the quadruple next season if i get that far.

Whens the next challenge? any ideas? i may have a think and message you.

Excellent, i am actually playing on with the save as its intrigued me the amount of money about in the league system and the budgets i have to spend. Should easily do the quadruple next season if i get that far.

Whens the next challenge? any ideas? i may have a think and message you.

I was going to wait to get more people involved but over the few next days number 3 should be up

I'm going to have a look around and find a good game for around 12 games if you have any ideas about any short challenge feel free to pm me :thup:

Kedah Challenge

April

Conf Cup Grp F

v Commerce & Trade W3-0 (Jamal, Shaari 2)

v South China W5-0 (Jamal 2, Harun, Mat Abu, Huggins)

Top of the Group, 2 points ahead of South China.

League

v Penang D2-2 (San Martin, Sahabudin)

v Perak D2-2 (Saramsak, Jamal)

3rd in the Super League 7 points behind leaders Perlis.

Cup

v N. Sembilan W2-1 (Saramsak, Sahabudin)

2nd Leg of the 3rd round to come.

Kedah - May Results

League

v Terengganu W2-1 (Saramsak, Mohd Isa)

v Pehang L2-1 (Jamal)

v Perlis W2-0 (Shaari, Saramsak)

v Sarawak W4-0 (San Martin, Huggins, Saramsak 2)

v Johor FC D2-2 (Shaari, Saramsak)

Still 3rd in the table. 6 points behind leaders Perlis

FA Cup

v N Sembalin D3-3 (Saramsak 2, Huggins)

We are through to the 4th round where we will face Sabah.

Conf. Cup Grp F

v Mohammedan W2-1 (Sahabudin, Jamal)

We won the group, with 15 points.

Kedah - June/July/August Update

League

v N. Sembalin W2-1 (Mat Abu, Abdul Rahman)

v Selangor W1-0 (Sahabudin)

v DPMM D4-4 (Mat Abu 2, Shaari, Zambri)

v Polis DRM W4-2 (Harun, Mat Abu, OG, Jamal)

It was a title showdown against Perlis. Whoever won would take the title but if it was a draw Perlis would be champions. At half time I could not believe it we were 3-0 up. They scored early in the first half but the game was petering out until they scored in the 89th minute from a corner. Then thye had another corner in the 4th minute of stoppage time. They scored again. A last minute equaliser from Man United prevented me from keeping Sunderland up in the previous challenge and now another one has has cost me here. After the match Perlis then had the cheek to complain about our first goal being offside.

v Perlis D3-3 (James, Jamal 2)

We finished second 3 points behind but a win in our last match would have been enough for us due to a superior goal difference we had.

FA Cup

We were surprisingly destroyed in the first leg after our two centre halves had an atrocious day. At half time we were 4-0 down and they had ratings of 4 and 5. We could not come back in the second leg and went out 5-4 on aggregate.

Home v Sabah L5-1 (Jamal)

Away v Sabah W3-0 (Jamal 2, James)

Malaysian Cup

Drawn with Sabah, Perak, Johor FC, Kuaula Muda and Penang we have to achieve top 2 to progress. 10 games to be played Home & Away.

v Kuala Muda W4-0 (San Martin, James, Zambri, Huggins)

v Penang W4-2 (James, Zambri, San Martin, Shaari)

v Sabah W5-1 (Zainun, Shaari 2, James, Saramsak)

v Perak L2-0

v Johor FC W4-2 (Mat Abu, Jamal, Huggins, Shaari)

Currently 2nd in group, 2 points ahead of Penang and 1 point behind Perak

I am out of the Confederation Cup as well (lost to Faysali 6-3 on aggregate). I got no points for this challenge either so I don't need to post screenshots do I? Hopefully will get off the mark in the next challenge.

You have not posted points up for the Malaysian Cup. Did you forget to or is there not any? I am still in that so that is my only hope of silverware in this challenge.

I was going to wait to get more people involved but over the few next days number 3 should be up

It might be an idea to slow down a bit, I was still intending to take part in challenge #1 but two days just isn't enough time for some people to take part.

Guest roberto922

Yeah I've gotta agree with Dafuge on that, maybe a week between each? unless you're gonna release them all and then give a time limit.

Table Update

ToMexico!!              2                      210
jod123                  2                        0

jod123 - bad luck I did not know about the Malaysian Cup so I don't think i'll add any points now

there is no time limit anyway you can still take part

Better idea to add a time limit as the thread will get very messy as it progresses.

Top idea btw.

I failed the Sunderland challenge lol lost all the games. :(

Will start the next one soon...

there is no time limit anyway you can still take part

Here's an idea - when you post the table of how many points everyone has, can you summarise the challenges (eg 'Save Middlesborough - 3 game challenge') and post links to the individual posts containing each?

You could also state that people are free to do them in any order and take however long they want.

Top idea btw, will take part if I can find time.

Archived