Man U King              1                       50
jod123                  3                       25
DiscoStu94              1                       20
markcator3006           1                       20
roberto922              1                        0
Bealesy                 1                        0
PaulHartman71           1                        0
antfm08                 1                        0

Just a mini-update. I was going pretty well until the hopes of completing the treble of trophies were dashed. We sit top of the bundesliga, will face Atletico Madrid in the quarter-finals of the UEFA Cup but were surprisingly defeated in the semi-finals of the German Cup by Hannover. Hopefully this will only prove to be a minor set back and will go on to complete the double of League and UEFA Cup.

Just finished the Bayern Munich Challenge. As well as as going out of the German Cup, we were eliminated from the UEFA Cup. Atletico Madrid knocked us out in the quarter-finals. We were close to going through. With about 5 minutes to go we were holding on to 1-1 away draw that would have sent us through on away goals. We were doing this with 10 men after Lucio was sent off. If that was not bad enough Podolski and Klose both suffered injuries in the match and were each going to about for almost the rest of the season. (Klose managed to play in the final 2 games.) Suddenly Atletico scored, though, and set us out.

That left us with just the league to challenge for and it looked like we were throwing it away. We were top on goal difference ahead of Dortmund and were 4 points ahead of Hamburg. Then we dropped 5 points in 2 games and suddenly we were 3rd, after both our rivals won both their games. Our next match was away to Dortmund and if we lost the title race was all but over for us. At half-time Dortmund were leading 1-0 and were dominating but we managed to fight back in the 2nd half and got a point to just about keep us there.

We managed to win all our remaining matches but surprisingly dortmund fell away and failed to get any points in their remaining matches with Hamburg also slipping up. We had effectively won the title with a game to spare due to our far superior goal difference.

Here is the table.

Table Update

Challenge Taken Part         Points

ToMexico!!              4                      305
jod123                  4                       75
Charlesbeams            2                       70
Man U King              1                       50
DiscoStu94              1                       20
markcator3006           1                       20
roberto922              1                        0
Bealesy                 1                        0
PaulHartman71           1                        0
antfm08                 1                        0

Just wondering, who is going to upload the next challenge?

Not thought of any thing to have as the next challenge, maybe a couple of shorter 5 game challenges maybe like the Sunderland Challenge but abroad.

Yeah, that would be a good idea. I think it is better if there is a mixture of challenges in all areas i.e targets (survive relegation/achieve promotion/win title), location (different leagues and competitions) and length (half a season/time to buy players/just a few games). So a few more of those short-term would be better now for a change, I think.

Houston Dynamo: Can you win the MLS

Currently Houston Dynamo's are sitting top of the MLS Western Conference by 2 points to Chivas lying in second. Although there is a problem, they are manager-less. Its up to you to maintain Houston's position as top dog and get them to the play-offs and win the MLS.

They have 5 games remaining and have a possibly 15 points to collect. Goals count in this game, they are currently +9 GD. For every Goal you score to increase your GD you achieve 5 points as a bonus. Winning the Western Conference will gain you 25 points initially. Reaching the final will achieve you another 25 points and becoming the MLS champions will get you another 50 points. So a minimum of 100 points is available for this challenge.

Please provide screenshots of the Final Western Conference Table and the Final if you reach it of course.

MLS Houston Save, 8.52mb

Thanks and Good Luck :thup:

Let me know if the save game is OK and if you have any questions please do ask, applies for everyone really.

save seems ok, only thing was it said it was the wrong database or something.

lost my first game :( 93rd minute winner, haha not a great start.

save seems ok, only thing was it said it was the wrong database or something.

lost my first game :( 93rd minute winner, haha not a great start.

ToMexico!! may be using the Weegie update like in his last upload. It does not matter, though.

Not going great so far. We finished 3rd in the Western Conference and lost 4 out of our 5 games. Our only win being a 2-0 away victory against Salt Lake. Hopefully we can beat Chivas USA in the semi-final, we only lost 1-0 in the Western Conference match so fingers crossed. ;)

Ok Started the first one -

Sunderland 3 - Reading 3 - A late Long goal cancelled out a Prica hattrick to leave me two points behind Fulham

Sunderland 1 - West Ham 2 - Jones missed a last minute sitter to almost cetainly confirm relegation

Sunderland 0 - Man Utd 5 - Lol I got hammered

Well got relegated heres link proof - http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc163/blowcrapup/Sunderland.jpg

Downloaded all of the games and will start to make my way through them.

Ok Started the first one -

Sunderland 3 - Reading 3 - A late Long goal cancelled out a Prica hattrick to leave me two points behind Fulham

Sunderland 1 - West Ham 2 - Jones missed a last minute sitter to almost cetainly confirm relegation

Sunderland 0 - Man Utd 5 - Lol I got hammered

Well got relegated heres link proof - http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc163/blowcrapup/Sunderland.jpg

I'm goning to download secound one tonight and do it tomorrow.

Ok, hard luck on that one.

All league games done. I'm 5 points ahead of the Galaxy but they have 2 games in hand. Hope Chicago or TFC will draw or defeat them...

It is out of your hands to win the conference, now. Has your goal difference improved?

I only try unchallenging (is that even a word lol) challenges. I'm really a crap manager on the other side of the Atlantic:D

At least you're better (points wise of course:D) than 9 other users who participated

Guess your advertising on the CSE European Championships backfired (considering you're now third):D

I suppose it can be any time. Why, have you got a challenge lined up?

Yeah, I was thinking of putting up a Derby challenge where the goal was to qualify for the Champions League, but I thought 'whatever':D and just played the final 3 games (we finished 5th:D)

Or I could put up another MLS Challenge (this time at Toronto FC) where your goal is to not lose a single game:D (currently through 15 games, TFC has 14 wins and a draw).

Archived