FM08 - Gone in 20 Seconds - The Short Challenges Thread

Yeah, I was thinking of putting up a Derby challenge where the goal was to qualify for the Champions League, but I thought 'whatever':D and just played the final 3 games (we finished 5th:D)

Or I could put up another MLS Challenge (this time at Toronto FC) where your goal is to not lose a single game:D (currently through 15 games, TFC has 14 wins and a draw).

Yeah, I don't mind. You could put that up but are they a dominant team currently in that game as it might very tricky otherwise. (It might prove very tricky anyway).

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the only problem with most of my games is that I load A LOT of leagues (10-20) so I'm not sure if the others can play at a reasonable speed.

I only saw that after I posted. I don't think my computer could cope with that. You could still upload it and people with powerful computers, like yourself obviously :D, could try it if they like.

Yeah, I don't mind. You could put that up but are they a dominant team currently in that game as it might very tricky otherwise. (It might prove very tricky anyway).

Both my Derby and TFC teams are pretty good but I needed a lot of luck in both games to do so well.

My Derby team (England, France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Scotland, Spain, and MLS loaded):

Starter/Main Backup

GK - Jose de Jesus Corona/Lewis Price

DL - Lewis Nyatanga

DC - Paulo Cesar da Silva

DC - Jonny Magollan/Claude Davis

DR - Paulo Ferreira/Tyrone Mears

DMC - Thiago Motta/Edgar Baretto

ML - Stewart Downing/Chris Eagles

AMC - Giles Barnes

AMC - Freddy Adu/Gai Assulin

MR - Bogdan Stancu

FC - Daniele Cacia/Emanuel Villa

This season the media predicts us 8th and Sky Bet considers Derby the 6th best team. I might put a challenge up later on (I just started the season)

My TFC team (Belgium, England, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Italy, Mexico, N. Ireland, Portugal, Russia, Scotland, Turkey, USA, and Wales loaded):

Correction: Only 12 wins and a draw so far:D

Starter/Main Backup (you might not know all these players but I'll post them anyways)

GK - Kenny Stamatopoulos (3 stars)/Peter Gulacsi (2 stars/4 stars)

DL - Todd Dunivant (4 stars)

DC - Andrew Boyens (4 stars)

DC - Adrian Serioux (4 stars)

DR - Marvell Wynne (5 stars)/Nana Attakora-Gyan (3 stars/4 stars)

DMC - Aaron Hohbein (4 stars)

ML - Michael Harrington (4 stars)/Gabe Gala (4 stars)

AMC - Maurice Edu (5 stars)

AMC - Jaime Peters (4 stars)

MR - Adam Nagy (2 stars/4 stars) - He is a regen but he's really good. I simulated ahead and this is how he is now (First link on this thread)

FC - Nate Jaqua (4 stars)

Injured - DMC Cristian Nunez (4 stars)

I only saw that after I posted. I don't think my computer could cope with that. You could still upload it and people with powerful computers, like yourself obviously :D, could try it if they like.

Can you handle the Derby game at least? It's in July 2010.

Yes they are...

I would doubt it then. When I click on recommended set up it comes up with English leagues only down to league 2. I can stretch it to a few more leagues but really the maximum I could bare is about 10 playable divisions (not countries) loaded and then it is still not quick.

I would doubt it then. When I click on recommended set up it comes up with English leagues only down to league 2. I can stretch it to a few more leagues but really the maximum I could bare is about 10 playable divisions (not countries) loaded and then it is still not quick.

Ah, oh well then.

Finished the Kedah Challenge.

Didn't win anything so haven't done screen shots.

Finished League - 4th

FA Cup - Quater Finals

Confederations - Lost in Group stage by goal difference

Will start the next one soon hopefully sould get some points there.

One question how do you decide what the next challenge wil be?

Finished the Kedah Challenge.

Didn't win anything so haven't done screen shots.

Finished League - 4th

FA Cup - Quater Finals

Confederations - Lost in Group stage by goal difference

Will start the next one soon hopefully sould get some points there.

One question how do you decide what the next challenge wil be?

Anyone can upload a challenge and it is up to that person. Just create a new game selecting any league(s) you like. Then go on holiday until a certain point and look at how all teams fared and pick the one that you think is most suitable for the challenge (e.g. I uploaded Bayern Munich and they were still in 3 competitions and were several points behind Dortmund in the league so I thought that would be a decent challenge). Decide on how points will be awarded and upload it to here so we can all have a go. :D

Table Update

Challenge Taken Part         Points

ToMexico!!              4                      305
rancer890               1                      105
jod123                  5                       75
Charlesbeams            3                       70
Man U King              1                       50
DiscoStu94              1                       20
markcator3006           1                       20
roberto922              1                        0
Bealesy                 1                        0
PaulHartman71           1                        0
antfm08                 1                        0
blowcrapup              2                        0

Can't get the Reading game to work cos I don't have the weegie update. Going to do Bayern instead.

Does anyone else have the TFMS update which updates it to the 7th of August 2008 for next season's transfers? Its just so I know if I can use it or not.

Can't get the Reading game to work cos I don't have the weegie update. Going to do Bayern instead.

Does anyone else have the TFMS update which updates it to the 7th of August 2008 for next season's transfers? Its just so I know if I can use it or not.

You don't need the Weegie update to play the game. It works without it as I played it and I don't have it. You will just get a messge when loading the game that it is going to use the default database instead.

You don't need the Weegie update to play the game. It works without it as I played it and I don't have it. You will just get a messge when loading the game that it is going to use the default database instead.

I didn't, it just said this save game can't open and then it returned me to the main screen. I tried downloading it again but it still didn't work but i'm downloading Weegie anyway.

It doesn't matter about the TFMS update either as the latest Weegie is the same.

I didn't, it just said this save game can't open and then it returned me to the main screen. I tried downloading it again but it still didn't work but i'm downloading Weegie anyway.

It doesn't matter about the TFMS update either as the latest Weegie is the same.

Strange, it should work. It worked for me without the Weegie update. Just a thought but what patch have you?

Strange, it should work. It worked for me without the Weegie update. Just a thought but what patch have you?

8.0.2. Don't what it is then. Thanks for trying to help though.

Can we do or would people be interested in International challenges because I have an idea for one if you can.

8.0.2. Don't what it is then. Thanks for trying to help though.

Can we do or would people be interested in International challenges because I have an idea for one if you can.

Yeah, I would be interested in international challenges and I am sure others would as well. I was thinking of uploading one myself but you can go ahead and upload one if you like.

Blowcraup's Better Than Real Life Short Challange

Before Euro 2008 began 10,000 Austrians signed a petition to get their country out of the tournament.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/worldFootballNews/idUKL2188191420080521 (not the right one but confirms it)

At the time of the tournament Austria were ranked 101st in the FIFA Rankings by far the lowest ranked team there.

At the end of the group stage they finished 3rd with one point and minus 1 goal difference.

Drawn into a group with Finland, France and the Czech Republic. You must attempt to better this and prove the 10,000 petitioners that they were wrong. Points will be awarded for how well you do.

Austria begin ranked 84th in the world.

You only get 1 attempt to do this and must post proof of final position and anything else required.

Winner - 175

Finalist - 100

Semis - 80

Quarters - 70

Score more Points and Higher Goal Diff in Groups than Real Life side- 60

More Points in Group - 30

Bonus points

Best Player - 75

Top Scorer - 50

Goal of Tournament - 25

Per Player in Dreamteam of Tournament - 15

For every three FIFA Ranking places gained after Tournament - 2

This done using the 8.0.2 update and begins with the Austira squad empty on the day when the players have to be registered so it will take a little skill to pick the best squad possible.

Here is the link to the file. Hopefully it will work as its the first time I've uploaded something.

http://rapidshare.com/files/138076898/Austria_Challenge.fm.html

Any comments and feedback would be welcome as this is my first ever challenge created.

On that note I've also made one small mistake and forgot retire my manager before I uploaded the file. He is already set up as Austria manager so you can either use him or just retire him and add yourself in. Sorry for this and any inconvence it may cause.

Well thought out challenge, blowcrapup. :thup: Downloading now. Austria don't have the toughest of groups either. Should get 3 points against Finland and hopefully a point of the Czechs. That may be enough to sneak through. ;)

Just wondering have you the compress save options ticked in preferences as it is a quite a big file for just 1 year of play or have you loaded extra leagues or players?

Well thought out challenge, blowcrapup. :thup: Downloading now. Austria don't have the toughest of groups either. Should get 3 points against Finland and hopefully a point of the Czechs. That may be enough to sneak through. ;)

Just wondering have you the compress save options ticked in preferences as it is a quite a big file for just 1 year of play or have you loaded extra leagues or players?

Cheers thanks for the feedback.

No I hadn't ticked it. I loaded all the Austrian leagues and players to give more choice.

Ok thats two lessons learned for me for next time.

Is the scoring ok or is it too high?

Cheers thanks for the feedback.

No I hadn't ticked it. I loaded all the Austrian leagues and players to give more choice.

Ok thats two lessons learned for me for next time.

Is the scoring ok or is it too high?

It is good that all Austrian players are loaded but compressed saved games ticked would have made it smaller. It took a little longer to download but it does not matter too much. I was watching United and Newcastle on Match of the Day when I was waiting. 2 points dropped there. :(

Anyway I think the scoring is good. I might be able to boost my amount of points up. :D

It is good that all Austrian players are loaded but compressed saved games ticked would have made it smaller. It took a little longer to download but it does not matter too much. I was watching United and Newcastle on Match of the Day when I was waiting. 2 points dropped there. :(

Anyway I think the scoring is good. I might be able to boost my amount of points up. :D

Sorry about that it took a while to upload as well.

Lol I'm a Newcastle fan so it was good for me :D. That Guiterez looks good though.

Ok two games down on my challenge.

My results - Finland 1 - 2 Austria

Austria 2 - 4 Czech Rebulic

My Table -

GD P

1st Czech Rebulic +3 6

2nd France +3 3

3rd Austria -1 3

4th Finland -5 0

So I've all ready beaten Austria's real life point score now 'all' I have to do is beat France by 1 goal and I get the Goal Difference goal as well.

Sorry need a small rant as well Milan Baros is STUPIDLY overrated in FM why does a player who has nevered performed even at a club in the Czech Republic at the start of his career have such high attributes. I don't know how he did for Lyon in real life but on the save he played stupidly well grrr Rant over lol. Appologies.

It won't work for me either and I didn't make a back up. It could be a problem with Rapidshare but otherwise unless someone else can upload it then I can't.

Just another thing for me to learn.

Really sorry mate I'll keep checking if I can do it though but if anyone else can sort it and upload it else where they can.

Also, we drew our opening match against Finland 2-2. I was hoping for a win but we did get a relatively late equaliser which means it could have been worse. It was disappointing, though, that we conceded 2 goals from 2 corners.

ahhh thanks alot :D

hope my holidaying for a challenge im thinking of works this time haha, as it involves World Cup 2010, and takes a while to get there.

I was thinking of a World Cup challenge as well but decided I couldn't be bothered to wait. Good Luck with it.

We just beat the Czech Republic 1-0 so we are on course to reach the quarter-finals. The only way we can't qualify now is if Finland beat Czech Republic and we lose to France and then it would go down to goal difference and we are currently 4 goals better than Finland.

We put in a brave performance against France. Ivanschitz was sent off in the 60th minute and we almost held on for the point but a Toulalan strike in the 3rd minute of injury time meant we lost the match 1-0. We have still qualified for the quarter-final after Czech Republic beat Finland 2-1. Just a question. How many points does that mean I have so far? I have achieved all these so far:

Quarters - 70

Score more Points and Higher Goal Diff in Groups than Real Life side- 60

More Points in Group - 30

Does that mean I get 160 points or what?

Archived