PH71's Journey - featuring The Alphabet Challenge

PaulHartman71

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I find it hard to believe you're that desperate, unless you didn't want to wait.

desperately impatient would be a better way of describing by decision to take the job

irtyschhhhhh.png?t=1342222771

5 games later and only 5 points, not great but I will be buying some players in the August transfer period so hopefully they can improve results.

relegationmaybe.png?t=1342310084

Whilst things aren't looking great with 3 games to go, we do have a decent run in for squeaky bum time, we face Avangard Podolsk away who we should get a draw at, a home game with Mordovia that I'd like a draw out of, and an extremely winnable last game - which sees us at home to already-relegated bottom place side Nizhniy Novgorod. I'll be disappointed if we do go down, I've spent quite a bit of money and the squad is good enough to compete for a mid-table spot next year if we stay up.

I don't think Japan are manageable because of the copyright thing, the main 'J' side is obviously Juve but unless we get a tycoon takeover or a crazy cup run I can't see me taking Irtysh to anything that big in Russia, so my reputation probably wouldn't be high enough for the Juve job if it came available. There's a few clubs in the lower Spanish/Italian leagues for 'J' like Jaen, Jerez, Juve Stabia, then there's a couple of lower league Portuguese sides - Juventude de Evora and Joane. There's also Jerv of the 3rd tier in Norway. So yeah, the chances of a glamorous 'J' are pretty slim :D

Jamaica sadly aren't an option, the only national sides I can manage are European, African, South American, Australia or one of Mexico, USA and Canada. And the English leagues are only down to the BSN and BSS, so no Jarrow Roofing Boldon either :thdn:

-

A 2-2 draw with Mordovia (which should really have been a win, we were 2-0 up until the 82nd minute), a 3-1 win at Avangard Podolsk (which saw a Pavlov hat-trick) and a 2-0 win at home to Nizhniy Novgorod sees us safe by a mere point, although we had better goal difference so technically 2 points.

stayingup.png?t=1342392236

Yeah, there is a chance it could take just as long/if not longer than an 'I' club just because there's not that many 'J's available. I'm content to stay with Irtysh until one becomes available though. Bit of a dead end team now I've spent all the money though, should be good enough to avoid relegation for the next few seasons but doubt I'd ever be able to push for promotion as there's not that much money in this division/at the club.

irtish-1946_omsk_old3.gif

I is for Irtysh

I took over at Irtysh when they looked pretty certain to go down, after fiddling around with their formation/tactics a bit and bringing in some better players, things started to look better and eventually I kept them up. The

squad is now pretty decent and good enough to push for mid-table next season. The finances at the club aren't great, they had a decent transfer budget and I spent pretty much all of that meaning that I will probably have to sell in order to buy next season. The transfers that I did make included bringing in left back Gennady Golovin as the club had no real left back that wasn't complete crap. A defensive midfielder in Alexey Shevyakov as the other defensive midfielder was pretty useless. A cheaper guy I brought in was Alexandr Shevchenko who is a very decent right back for this division. Artem Alborov completed my spending, he's a decent central midfield player who has potential to become a very good player.

The key players for the season were the Goalkeeper - Anton Provotorov, he's pretty good for this level but is unhappy and will leave on a bosman at the end of the season. I don't think replacing him will be particularly easy. The young Bulgarian central defender Stanislav Venkov, who is definitely the best defender at the club which is impressive considering his age. The 22 year old Ukrainian striker Mykhaylo Shpak is a strange one, he really should be scoring more goals than he does and I am hoping he scores more next season, his pace often sees him get into great positions but he'll blow an easy 1on1 chance which is frustrating. Victor Hugo Farias is a very good player for this level despite his age, his physical stats are fantastic and mean he gets a lot of assists despite his poor technical stats. Kirill Pavlov finished as top scorer with 14 goals in 30 games, a pretty good total really for a relegation battling side and his goals kept us up really. He's got a lot of decent stats and if he and Shpak can both get double figures next season we should definitely get a mid-table finish.

History

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Season     Club                   League                  Position     Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10    Annagh United          N.Irish 2nd Div           9th        Joined in July   
2010/11    Annagh United          N.Irish 2nd Div           11th       Screwed over by the board and sacked in April
2011/12    Bradford Park Avenue   Blue Square North         19th       Joined in June 
2012/13    Bradford Park Avenue   Blue Square North         9th        None
2013/14    Bradford Park Avenue   Blue Square North         5th        Promoted via play-off
2014/15    Bradford Park Avenue   Blue Square Premier       1st        Promoted as Champions, resigned in June
2015/16    Casa Pia A.C           Portuguese 2nd Div S      8th        Joined in November
2016/17    Casa Pia A.C           Portuguese 2nd Div C      1st        Champions, Promoted via play-off, resigned in June
2017/18    Distillery             N.Irish 1st Div           10th       Joined in November
2018/19    Distillery             N.Irish 1st Div           10th       Sacked in January
2019/20    East Fife              Scottish 3rd Div          10th       Joined in May
2020/21    East Fife              Scottish 3rd Div          3rd        Lost in play-off semi final
2021/22    East Fife              Scottish 3rd Div          1st        Promoted as Champions
2022/23    East Fife              Scottish 2nd Div          1st        Promoted as Champions
2023/24    East Fife              Scottish 1st Div          5th        Resigned in June
2024       Fana Idrettslag        Norwegian 2nd Div 3       7th        Joined in July
2025       Fana Idrettslag        Norwegian 2nd Div 3       4th        None
2026       Fana Idrettslag        Norwegian 2nd Div 3       1st        Promoted as Champions, Resigned in October
2026/27    Gallipoli Calcio       Italian Serie C2/C        8th        Joined in October
2027/28    Gallipoli Calcio       Italian Serie C2/C        1st        Promoted as Champions, Serie C2 Super Cup winner, Resigned in June
2028/29    HFC Haarlem            Jupiler League            8th        Lost in 3rd round of play-off 
2029/30    HFC Haarlem            Jupiler League            4th        Lost in 2nd round of play-off
2030/31    HFC Haarlem            Jupiler League            6th        Promoted via play-offs
2031/32    HFC Haarlem            Eredivisie                11th       Resigned in July
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2032       Irtysh Omsk            Russian 1st Div           15th       Joined in July

Trophy Cabinet

Bradford Park Avenue 
- Blue Square Premier x1 - 2014/15

Casa Pia
- Portuguese 2nd Div C x1 - 2016/17

East Fife
- Scottish 3rd Div x1 - 2021/22
- Scottish 2nd Div x1 - 2022/23

Fana Idrettslag 
- Norwegian 2nd Div 3 x1 - 2026

Gallipoli Calcio
- Italian Serie C2/C x1 - 2027/28
- Italian Serie C2 Super Cup x1 - 2027/28

An amazing run of form in our first 10 games of the season sees us top the league by 4 points, dropping only 5 points out of all the 10 games. I can't see us keeping this form up for the rest of the season, but it certainly will put us in contention for one of the two promotion places.

top.png?t=1342527720

Wait and see whether the takeover is successful, and whether he delivers the money if it is. It's puzzling why an English businessman would want to pump millions into a Russian team, especially one that doesn't have European football as a short term prospect.

Wait and see whether the takeover is successful, and whether he delivers the money if it is. It's puzzling why an English businessman would want to pump millions into a Russian team, especially one that doesn't have European football as a short term prospect.

Looks like you've jinxed it :(

sadface.png?t=1342658674

Archived