PH71's Journey - featuring The Alphabet Challenge

PaulHartman71

Would be pretty pleased if Inter did come calling after all this time waiting for an 'I' job :D

Good read this!

thanks Mikal :thup:

In other news things are looking pretty decent in the new season, 8 games in and we're 7th, 2 points off 1st but our GD is a bit crap. Also key man Mark Poel is out for 4 months which is quite worrying.

decentstart.png?t=1340111786

poell.png?t=1340111839

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NEC winning a period late on really cocked things up as it meant we had to come 6th rather than 7th, luckily we just about managed it getting in on goal difference, do have to feel bad for De Graafschap and especially RKC though. Our first round game is with NEC, since they came 16th hopefully we can dispatch of them with relative ease.

playoffffffffffffffff.png?t=1340457392

There's 4 periods in the season and the best performers during those 4 separate periods get a bye to the play-off's wherever they are in the table. Bit crap really!

So did they not win a match in the other three periods or something? What if you win a period and finish in a relegation spot, as Jack has said?

In the 4th period they picked up 17 points, which gained them the spot as the only other side to do better was Utrecht who already had a spot. The last 2 screen-shots of the league table show their (and FC Emmen who were a close 2nd, aside from Eindhoven who also already had a spot, with 14 points in the period) remarkable run.

haarlemm.png?t=1340398737

playoffffffffffffffff.png?t=1340457392

I'm still unsure as to whether a team in bottom place can qualify for the play-off within this rule, I might ask someone in the Dutch thread in the football forum.

1111.png?t=1340664669

I was bricking it at the end as I thought it was going to extra-time and penalties, I even subbed 2 players on specifically for penalties in-case it went to it. But it turns out there is another twist to the Jupiler League play-off system. Away goals/draws in general count for nothing! For 3 seasons I haven't realised, but away goals don't count, and in a seemingly ancient long gone out of fashion way, they just throw in a replay "decider" :D It gets better - Every game in this round has gone to a decider!

decidee.png?t=1340664667

:lol:

Just been through every page, and I have to say I'm enjoying it. But I'm wondering when do you think you will hit the big time?

Nice to see you enjoyed it :thup: Not sure when I'll hit the big time, if we get promoted this year a season in the Eredivisie should boost my reputation up a fair amount. I/J/K don't really have any 'big time clubs' apart from Inter and Juve, probably don't have a high enough reputation for those two just yet, so I'd say it's unlikely I'll be in charge of a pretty big club until around L/M where there's quite a few pretty big teams.

agovv.png?t=1340837850

Despite heavy concern late on that A - AGOVV would score a 'winner', and B - that away goals would count in the final round and not the other 2 previous rounds (would seem fitting with Jupiler League's random rules), we will now have to play a final deciding game with AGOVV, to decide whether we'll be in the Eredivisie next year or not. Will mean I'll have had to have played 8 games to decide whether we go up or not :D Madness compared to the Championship's mere 3!

I suppose on this particular occasion I can't complain, under any normal league rules we'd have lost on goal difference :lol:

Oh and to clear up the "if a side wins a period but is in the relegation zone" question, here is what the Dutch researcher said -

Very unlikely as there is only ONE relegation place, and relegation can only occur if the Topklasse team has decided to go for promotion - however...

ultimately the relegation would outweigh the period win and said period would move on to the runner-up (or the first team in that period to not have won a period)

We have had situations where teams finished quite low and still actually promoted - I believe Heerenveen finished somewhere like 15th but promoted thanks to winning the "Nacompetitie"

Archived