PH71's Journey - featuring The Alphabet Challenge

PaulHartman71

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just caught up, and this has been amazing. Good to see someone make it so far down the alphabet! Lets hope a J becomes available by the end of the season. Though if this Tycoon take over happens, It would be nice to hang around for a season longer. Build up a good squad, increase that reputation, then approach Juventus! :D

irtish-1946_omsk_old3.gif

I is for Irtysh

Obviously we've now got a **** load of money in the bank, but at the start of the season we had virtually nothing and the

transfers I made reflected this, only two guys brought in and one of them was a freebie. Overall the squad is pretty decent for this division but didn't deserve promotion, I will be using money I get next season to significantly improve the squad. I don't plan on using more than a few million though as I want to save the most of it for when/if we are promoted to the Premier Division, in-case the guy is tight and doesn't give us anymore cash.

Due to the annoying 3 foreigner rule of the division I had to sign a new Goalkeeper, as I already had the Bulgarian defender Venkov, the Argentine midfielder Farias and the Ukrainian striker Shpak - I had to get in a Russian GK. None of the GK's that my scouts had found were that great and obviously at the time I had limited funds, Artem Demidov was the best I could find and he was okay, he will surely be replaced now we have big money. Alexandr Shevchenko was more than handy at right back this season. Gennady Golovin has been the first choice left back, he's not as good as Shevchenko but is still decent. Stanislav Venkov had another very good season in the middle of the defence. Alexandr Kuchin is decent enough although nowhere near the same quality as Venkov. Anantoly Taresenko had an okay season playing as a defensive midfielder. Victor Hugo Farias had a very good season on the right hand side, with 8 goals and 7 assists. Taras Batov had a pretty poor year on the left hand side, nowhere near as effective as Farias was. Artem Alborov did pretty well in the middle of midfield, 2 goals and 9 assists, although his passing ratio was pretty poor for a playmaker. Kiril Pavlov did decent up-front, 8 goals and 3 assists for the Russian. Mykhaylo Shpak had an unbelievable season, 5 assists and 24 goals in 37 games - he will be important next year if we are to be promoted.

So yeah, I'll be staying for at least another year hoping to get promoted. One big annoyance is the 3 foreigners rule which means I can't just sign a **** load of cheapish South Americans and dominant things that way :thdn:

History

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Season     Club                   League                  Position     Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10    Annagh United          N.Irish 2nd Div           9th        Joined in July   
2010/11    Annagh United          N.Irish 2nd Div           11th       Screwed over by the board and sacked in April
2011/12    Bradford Park Avenue   Blue Square North         19th       Joined in June 
2012/13    Bradford Park Avenue   Blue Square North         9th        None
2013/14    Bradford Park Avenue   Blue Square North         5th        Promoted via play-off
2014/15    Bradford Park Avenue   Blue Square Premier       1st        Promoted as Champions, resigned in June
2015/16    Casa Pia A.C           Portuguese 2nd Div S      8th        Joined in November
2016/17    Casa Pia A.C           Portuguese 2nd Div C      1st        Champions, Promoted via play-off, resigned in June
2017/18    Distillery             N.Irish 1st Div           10th       Joined in November
2018/19    Distillery             N.Irish 1st Div           10th       Sacked in January
2019/20    East Fife              Scottish 3rd Div          10th       Joined in May
2020/21    East Fife              Scottish 3rd Div          3rd        Lost in play-off semi final
2021/22    East Fife              Scottish 3rd Div          1st        Promoted as Champions
2022/23    East Fife              Scottish 2nd Div          1st        Promoted as Champions
2023/24    East Fife              Scottish 1st Div          5th        Resigned in June
2024       Fana Idrettslag        Norwegian 2nd Div 3       7th        Joined in July
2025       Fana Idrettslag        Norwegian 2nd Div 3       4th        None
2026       Fana Idrettslag        Norwegian 2nd Div 3       1st        Promoted as Champions, Resigned in October
2026/27    Gallipoli Calcio       Italian Serie C2/C        8th        Joined in October
2027/28    Gallipoli Calcio       Italian Serie C2/C        1st        Promoted as Champions, Serie C2 Super Cup winner, Resigned in June
2028/29    HFC Haarlem            Jupiler League            8th        Lost in 3rd round of play-off 
2029/30    HFC Haarlem            Jupiler League            4th        Lost in 2nd round of play-off
2030/31    HFC Haarlem            Jupiler League            6th        Promoted via play-offs
2031/32    HFC Haarlem            Eredivisie                11th       Resigned in July
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2032       Irtysh Omsk            Russian 1st Div           15th       Joined in July
2033       Irtysh Omsk            Russian 1st Div            7th       None

Trophy Cabinet

Bradford Park Avenue 
- Blue Square Premier x1 - 2014/15

Casa Pia
- Portuguese 2nd Div C x1 - 2016/17

East Fife
- Scottish 3rd Div x1 - 2021/22
- Scottish 2nd Div x1 - 2022/23

Fana Idrettslag 
- Norwegian 2nd Div 3 x1 - 2026

Gallipoli Calcio
- Italian Serie C2/C x1 - 2027/28
- Italian Serie C2 Super Cup x1 - 2027/28

So yeah, I'll be staying for at least another year hoping to get promoted. One big annoyance is the 3 foreigners rule which means I can't just sign a **** load of cheapish South Americans and dominant things that way :thdn:

I'm quite sure that similar rules are in top division. Something like 5 or 6 foreigners in match squad.

I'm quite sure that similar rules are in top division. Something like 5 or 6 foreigners in match squad.
yeah I think I read something stating the foreigner rules as a major reason as to why Anzhi would struggle to dominant Russia/Europe irl when they first got their sugar-daddy owner.

@SRL/Delta - It certainly is! I'm hoping to spend around 1/4 of that, saving the rest for the Premier Division itself.

Yeah so a poor 8 points from 6 games has seen promotion all but gone from our hands, it is still technically possible but is extremely unlikely. Hopefully the board give me another chance and don't sack me!

poorrun.png?t=1343870129

Thinks are looking much better than after 10 games but the pressure on your side must be immense now.

Yeah they bottled it at the end, it was Spurs-esque!

There are any J options for move on available at the moment?

Nope. All at least stable :thdn:

Your progression in this part of the season has been great. If you can hold this throughout an entire season, you should be able to break those higher clubs.

Unfortunately doesn't look like that will happen despite the decent comeback we had!

Good Work there Paul, just outside that top grouping, keep up the pressure and make the board happy again.

The money clearly didn't help to settle the club, good work getting the team blended and keeping your job, are you looking for "J" Jobs now?

Bringing in as many players as I did probably did more harm than good at the start of the season, there were quite a few complaints of poor harmony throughout the season so far, I am guessing that is part of the reason we played poorly. I am looking for 'J' jobs, there just isn't any out there!

Bringing in as many players as I did probably did more harm than good at the start of the season, there were quite a few complaints of poor harmony throughout the season so far, I am guessing that is part of the reason we played poorly. I am looking for 'J' jobs, there just isn't any out there!

This is probably one reason why I am always afraid of getting a tycoon takeover as they expect everything, but it can be very disruptive changing the starting line-up all at once as well. Hopefully you keep your job and can turn it around in the new season.

Archived