SRL88

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

120px-Vfl_borussia_monchengladbach.png

SRL88's Career - Pre-Season - 2036/37 - Borussia Monchengladbach

Friendlies

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures.png

A very good pre-season for us, but the players struggled to get used to my tactics. This showed in our first friendly against Dusseldorf who thumped us. Gradually though, we improved and put in some very good displays. There were also a lot of new faces in the squad as well who we were trying to blend in so I am very pleased indeed.

Transfers - In

As always when I join a new team I brought a lot of new players in.

Aleksandar Perovic - £2.5k - A 14yo player who is rated at 4 1/2* potential. If I develop him properly, he could turn into a proper player.

Ben Eller - £1.7m - A bargain in my eyes. Young enough to improve still but already at a fantastic standard.

David Vadon - Free - Will most likely be a back-up, but a cracking back-up at that.

Dimitris Efthymiou - £1.5m - Another young player brought in and should have a bright future ahead of him.

Dumitru Popa - £9m - An excellent winger signed from Wolves. Really looking forward to unleashing him down the left hand side.

Geoff McAllister - £775k - A young striker signed from Shamrock. He could be a cracking poacher if he settles in a new country.

Levente Bar - Free - Will add strength in depth to our side.

Mathias Gaismayer - £11.5m - The big money signing of the window. Quality player and I broke our record transfer to bring him to the club.

Octavio Romero - £800k - What a bargain buy. He will be a back-up to our current goalkeeper but I am hoping over the next few seasons he can dethrone him and become our number one.

Sven Schonbachler - Loan - We needed a back-up winger so I brought this guy in for the season.

Willi Hirsch - £1.7m - Another cracking buy. Really pleased to have brought him in.

Transfers - Out

As expected, a mass exodous from the club during the summer. This was needed as there were some shocking players. I cant do it justice by saying how bad some of them were but there were 1-2* rated players sitting on £28-30K p/w. They must have some bloody good agents. I shifted over £275k p/w in wages this summer and I was chuffed to bring in in the money we did.

200px-CyprusFA.png

SRL88's Career - New Job Update - Cyprus

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-2-58.png

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-3-29.png

A massive change of direction for me. I felt like I wanted a massive challenge and this was the right one for me. They qualifed for Euro 2036 and after coming bottom in their group they sacked their manager. I applied for the job, with numerous others and got offered jobs from them all (10+ in total) but decided Cyprus was the one for me.

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-120.png

Reunited with the main man who left his role as England U19 Manager to work with me again!!!!

SRL88's Career - August 2036 - Borussia Monchengladbach

Bundesliga

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-3.png

GermanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages-3.png

A very average start to the season. The players are still getting used to my tactics but we managed to get a draw on the opening day. We lost 2-0 away to Hannover but we deserved better. We were our own worst enemy due to being slow out of the blocks but we managed to bounce back with a cracking win at home to Leverkusen. We were poor away to Schalke and they deserved their 2-0 win.

DFB Pokal 1st Round

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-2-1.png

A very nice win in the First Round of the Pokal. McAllister was on fire, grabbing a hat-trick and two assists in a game which he ran the defence ragid.

200px-CyprusFA.png

SRL88's Career - September 2036 - Cyprus

World Cup Qualifiers

CyprusFixtures_Fixtures.png

WorldCupEuropeanQualifyingSectionOverview_Stages-5.png

Well my first two games in charge of Cyprus and to be honest, I couldnt have wished for two better performances. We were fantastic in Liechtenstein as we breezed to a 3-0 win. As expcected, Germany dominated proceedings against us but we held firm until the final 10 minutes when they scored. They added a second in the last few minutes before we pulled one back in injury time to make for a tense finish. Nothing changed but a fantastic peformance still as Germany grabbed a 2-1 win. Next up is a trip to Russia (booooo) before a home tie against Azerbaijan (yeyyyyyy).

Best of luck at Gladbach and Cyprus.

Cheers fella.

I like the German move. And Cyprus?!?! Very interesting :thup:

Why thank you kindly!!! I just fancied an added extra challenge on my journey. The Cyprus one is a very bold move!!

A bit random leaving Boca dude!

Good luck with Gladnbach, but Cyprus? That's even more random than leavig Boca!

I was a bit sick to be honest which is why I left Boca. I wanted a bit of a break to re-energise myself for the save.

I fancied a new challenge which is why I joined Cyprus. I will only be here for the World Cup campaign and we probably wont qualify, but its just an interesting change.

SRL88's Career - September 2036 - Borussia Monchengladbach

Bundesliga

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-4.png

GermanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages-4.png

A much better month for us as we finally start to show a bit of form. I changed my tactics from August which was set more to the way I played when I was at Liverpool and Galatasaray which just wasnt really working so I decided to change it to the rigid style I used at Boca and that worked a treat. A very solid win over Bochum kicked September off. Against Kaiserslautern we were by far the better team and should have wrapped up the three points but we brought about our own downfall with our lack of clinical finishing. Despite our dominance they only needed one attempt late on and scored it to steal a point. September finished with a cracking 2-1 win away to HSV to leave us sat nicely in 8th place.

You were getting bored with the save?!?!

Disgraceful thing to say!

Somewhat!!! I just couldnt be arsed to play the game to be fair so it was best to leave. Glad I took the break because I am loving being in Germany!!!

Good to see another person in the Bundesliga! What has happened to Stuttgart, though?!

Cheers fella.

Stuttgart were relegated at the end of last season which is why I pinched a couple of their players in the transfer window.

Bloody hell it's difficult to keep up with this. If you get suspended from the forums again, please do not play FM during that time as it's too much to read. :D

Good luck with Gladbach, a few cracking players you've signed there so you should be aiming quite high (Europa League qualification?). The move to Cyprus too is hugely interesting and should be a proper challenge. :thup: As for Boca and Brazil, I think fans of both teams can't complain at your surprise resignations as you've won pretty much all trophies available for them.

Bloody hell it's difficult to keep up with this. If you get suspended from the forums again, please do not play FM during that time as it's too much to read. :D

Good luck with Gladbach, a few cracking players you've signed there so you should be aiming quite high (Europa League qualification?). The move to Cyprus too is hugely interesting and should be a proper challenge. :thup: As for Boca and Brazil, I think fans of both teams can't complain at your surprise resignations as you've won pretty much all trophies available for them.

Haha. For your benefit I promise!!!

I set my aim to qualify for the Europa League through the Bundesliga so that is the aim. The board wanted mid-table but I wanted to be ambitious. The Cyprus challenge really excites me. I look forward to each game that comes up.

I dont think it comes as a surprise that I left Brazil. I had won the World Cup and then Copa America so there wasnt much point in me staying. Boca I can understand why there was shock, but as I have stated, I just needed a break.

Good luck mate, like this thread alot!

Thank you kindly :thup:.

Welcome to the bundesliga. Been here 4 seasons with Hertha, good league to be fair. Think you made the right decision in moving. Life can goat a bit stale when your heart isn't in the club. Looking forward to seeing how you get on with Cyprus too.

Good luck!!

Was just thinking SRL, you never put board/your expectations for the season.......

The board wanted me to finish mid-table in the league and reach the Quater-Final of the Pokal.

Me, I set my minimum target of Europa League qualification through the league, and I would love to win a trophy in my first season so I will be going for the Pokal.

I'm always bored with my saves so I understand SRL totally. :D

Bayern could do a little better in the standings. And good luck with Cyprus.

It was the first time I had got bored in 20+ years so it was nice to have a break. It reignited my passion for the save.

Not only did you pick the wrong league, but Hoffenheim are a German club. Guess you kind of picked the right league without meaning to then!

I think he meant to say or Hoffenheim if it wasnt in France.

Interesting change of pace with both new jobs.

Cheers fella :thup:.

Decent start to life in Germany :thup:

Thank you kindly.

Welcome to the bundesliga. Been here 4 seasons with Hertha, good league to be fair. Think you made the right decision in moving. Life can goat a bit stale when your heart isn't in the club. Looking forward to seeing how you get on with Cyprus too.

Good luck!!

I am a big fan of the Bundesliga. I have created the Hoffenheim Thread over in the GPTG for the last two seasons and I mentioned in the OP of this thread that I want to manage them. They have turned into somewhat of an adopted team for me as I love to follow their proceedings.

200px-CyprusFA.png

SRL88's Career - October 2036 - Cyprus

World Cup Qualifiers

CyprusFixtures_Fixtures-1.png

WorldCupEuropeanQualifyingSectionOverview_Stages-6.png

Two very pleasing performances from us. We pushed Russia to the limit, holding them at 0-0 until the final 20 minutes when they broke the deadlock and seemingly broke our spirits. We conceded a couple more goals before pulling one back. What happened next was fantastic. A brilliant performance, even if we did go down to 10 men in the opening half, but a brilliant 8-0 win leaves us level on points with Turkey. We travel to face the Turks next before a home game against Lichtenstein. If we can win both of those games we could be right on the heels or Russia or Germany who face each other in their next fixture.

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-122.png

This is just bloody typical. The last time Hoffenheim dismissed their Manager if you remember correctly was when I had been in charge of Galatasaray for a matter of months in 2029. I turned the job down so they approached Jerome Boateng and he has been in charge ever since. When they finally come round to sacking him, it is when I have been in charge of another club for just a matter of months!!!

Just apply!

There is no doubt that I would get the job, its just to soon to leave Gladbach.

Good luck at Gladbach, Hoffenheim may have been a good save for you but I think Gladbach at this stage should be a very interesting one :cool:

I agree.

You done everything at Boca iirc. Good luck with Gladbach :thup:

Hopefully you can have as much success with Gladbach as with previous clubs. How are the Cypriot players looking?

Based off the 4 games I have been in charge so far, my starting 11 would probably be (in a 4-5-1 formation):

Not half bad at all! I was expecting much worse. The two centre halves look like they could be very useful from set pieces.

Yeah there are some good players. The rest of the squad isnt to bad either. Dimitris Efthymiou who I linked in my pre-season section as I signed him for Gladbach is a bench player.

SRL88's Career - October 2036 - Borussia Monchengladbach

Bundesliga

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-5.png

GermanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages-5.png

Another solid month for us as we keep in touch with the teams above us. I gave a lot of players the opportunity to impress me against Duisburg but we struggled to make an impact to be honest. It took a wonderful strike from Levante Bar, his first goal for the club to give us the three points. An average performance away to Mainz followed with a late goal grabbing us a point. Finally we clicked against struggling Aue and grabbed a comfortable win to leave us nicely poised in the table.

DFB Pokal 2nd Round

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-2-2.png

A very nice win over HSV in the Pokal. We played with a lot of confidence and passed the ball around really well. We have been given a trip to Third Division side FSV Frankfurt in what is a very, very open Third Round.

200px-CyprusFA.png

SRL88's Career - November 2036 - Cyprus

Friendlies

CyprusFixtures_Fixtures-2.png

A complete mix of emotions from these two friendlies. We were fantastic against a Guinea side ranked 20th in the world and pulled off a fantastic 2-0 win. Against Northern Ireland we were really average. Some players just didnt turn up, and although we created chances, so did they, and better ones. They deserved their 2-0 win. We have a break now until March, when we face a trip to Turkey in a World Cup Qualifier.

If a decision between United or Everton came up though, which would it be? (Neither is an option) ;)

Well I have been linked with the Everton job a couple of times and I havent posted it in here. Does that answer your question?

Well I have been linked with the Everton job a couple of times and I havent posted it in here. Does that answer your question?

No :D. I suppose though I can't ask a Liverpool fan to choose between United or Everton :D.

For me local rivalries as the biggest ones I'd personally go for Man Utd in that situation over Everton.

Shall we end this discussion now!!! It is tarnishing my thread :D.

I couldn't touch Sunderland with a barge-pole. Wouldn't have a problem managing Middlesbrough though, except for them being a bit of a rubbish club with not many fans. Middlesbrough trying to be rivals with us would be a bit like Gateshead attempting to create a rivalry - laughable and a little bit pathetic.

On topic, not surprised you got a bit bored of Boca (a little bit off the pace of the thread, I admit), I think if I manage in South America again I'll do it before I have a big rep, it seems a bit too easy to build and retain an excellent squad - I was anticipating having players sold under my nose left right and centre, but it just didn't happen.

Archived