SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

SRL88

I couldn't touch Sunderland with a barge-pole. Wouldn't have a problem managing Middlesbrough though, except for them being a bit of a rubbish club with not many fans. Middlesbrough trying to be rivals with us would be a bit like Gateshead attempting to create a rivalry - laughable and a little bit pathetic.

Why the game even links me with such jobs when Liverpool are listed as my favourite club is a tad silly.

On topic, not surprised you got a bit bored of Boca (a little bit off the pace of the thread, I admit), I think if I manage in South America again I'll do it before I have a big rep, it seems a bit too easy to build and retain an excellent squad - I was anticipating having players sold under my nose left right and centre, but it just didn't happen.

I found it pretty easy in most cases. I got a few big offers for my best players, but I didnt have the Chairman going behind my back & selling at all, and when the takeover happened the club are financially secure and dont really have to worry about selling.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

120px-Vfl_borussia_monchengladbach.png

SRL88's Career - November 2036 - Borussia Monchengladbach

Bundesliga

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-6.png

GermanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages-6.png

An absolutely unbelievable month for us as we move in on top spot in the Bundesliga heading into December. We had to come from 2-1 down against Freiburg to grab a late equiliser. We struggled against Koln as we were dominated at home for the very first time, but we managed to battle our way to a 2-1 win. Things just got better from their though as we we put in a classic disciplined performance to grab a massive 1-0 win. The game against Bayern was nothing short of magical. We bossed the game throughout and deserved the win, even taking the lead in the game. Despite our domination, not only did Bayern level things up, but in the second half they grabbed two quick goals to make it 3-1. We regathered ourselves though and pulled a goal back through an own goal. Two late headers from our centre halves made it 3-3, and then gave us the lead as we grabbed a memorable 4-3 win.

Very good run at the moment with Gladbach, it's a little early to judge whether it's the team starting to gel properly hence able to have a go at the title, or just momentary good form, but keep pushing.

About managing rivals, I've never done it and would obviously prefer Porto to Benfica and Sporting, but I'm actually keen on trying to manage them one day, just to see how it feels. When the offer comes in my current career I'll consider it. It already did as a Sporting offer did arrive but not at the right time as I was in Italy and it would've been a step back.

Very good run at the moment with Gladbach, it's a little early to judge whether it's the team starting to gel properly hence able to have a go at the title, or just momentary good form, but keep pushing.

At the moment I think we are so high because of how bad everyone else it.

Sweet Bayern win.

Cheers fella :thup:.

Doing very well with Gladbach,congrats on finishing the Bayern manager off :D

Its always nice that you are the reason someone lost their job :D.

SRL88's Career - December 2036 - Borussia Monchengladbach

Bundesliga

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-7.png

GermanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages-7.png

Another cracking month in a run of tough fixtures which ensures that we go into Christmas top of the Bundesliga. We started with a very hard fought 2-2 draw away to Wolfsburg before a goal fest at home to Bremen. We took the lead twice in the game before being pegged back, but once we got the third goal we didnt look back, adding a fourth and fifth in quick succession to claim all three points. I half expected a tougher game against Hoffenheim having been on a decent run of form since appointing ter Stegan as their Manager, but with us inspired by Northern Irishman McCallister we tore them apart. A cracking 3-1 win leaves us sat nicely at the top of the table.

DFB Pokal 3rd Round

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-2-3.png

A very solid win over the Third Division side who caused us a few problems. The win sets up a tie against Dortmund in the Quater Final. I honestly believe we can win this competition with who is left in it.

Another solid month,hopefully other teams can keep messing up to make it easier for you :D

Fingers crossed. I feel I have strengthened my defence in the January window which I will show in my next update, but time will tell.

A solid month!

Cheers dude.

SRL88's Career - January 2037 - Borussia Monchengladbach

Bundesliga

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-8.png

GermanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages-8.png

Well what a great way to get back into the swing of things after the winter break eh?!?! These two games typically showed our inability to be able to hang onto a lead. We led 2-0 away to Frankfurt but just completely shut down in the second half, conceding three stupid goals to hand our opponents victory. Against Hannover we once again took the lead only to be pegged back to leave a sour taste in my mouth. Our next to fixtures are Leverkusen (a) and Schalke (h), oh joy!! You can tell January put me in a happy mood cant you!!!

DFB Pokal Quater-Final

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-2-4.png

A cracking win in the Quater-Final for us against a strong Dortmund team. We have the easiest possible passage to the Final as we face second division Aachen in the Semi-Final with the other tie between Bochum & Schalke.

Transfers - In/Out

GladbachTransfers_History-4.png

A few deals done in both directions during January. I splashed the cash a bit to strengthen in the hope that it would help us continue our push at the top of the table. The outgoings resulted in two loan deals, one with the hope of it becomming a perminant deal at the end, and the other to gain experience. I also sold a 31yo Benali for a reasonable £2.8m.

My laptop is being a right cow bag so I am unable to link these like I usually would at present which is why screenshots are being provided.

MarcelinhoOverview_Attributes.png

RobertMllerOverview_Attributes.png

TasosChristofiOverview_Attributes-1.png

Christofi looks a good player. Mentals lacking slightly, but you'd hope they'll improve over time. Do you plan on using any of them in your first team straight away?

Christofi will most likely go straight into the first team. If you look, he is a Cypriot who I have is my main centre half, and I also have Dimitris Efthymiou who is also in my Cyprus squad. Could be great development for them as a pair for Cyprus :thup:.

SRL88's Career - February 2037 - Borussia Monchengladbach

Bundesliga

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-9.png

GermanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages-9.png

Well we have been struggling since the Christmas break. The game against Leverkusen at the time was between 2nd and 3rd and was a typical top of the table clash, tense and tight with very few chances. There were very few clear cut chances and 0-0 was a fair result. We were shocking against Schalke in the first half, fully deserving to go in at the break behind. We were better in the second half but by no means deserved anything as we went down 1-0. Due to our confidence dropping we struggled against Bochum and had to score a last minute goal to give us a point. After the game I held a team meeting to get some fire going in the side again. It worked against Kairserslautern but it wasnt easy. We fell behind but came back, and an injury time own goal gave us a massive three points.

Shame about your loss of form mate but at least 6 points at that stage isn't too much of a gap to claw back

Well I personally think its beyond us after February, but Europe was the aim anyway.

Loss of form is always annoying but you could claw it back,congrats on reaching 1500 games in management,hope you team made it memorable :D

Cheers fella :thup:.

200px-CyprusFA.png

SRL88's Career - March 2037 - Cyprus

World Cup Qualifier

CyprusFixtures_Fixtures-3.png

WorldCupEuropeanQualifyingSectionOverview_Stages-7.png

This was a very hard result for us to take as it all but effectively ended our hopes of World Cup Qualification. We played alright and created some very good chances but their squad is filled with a lot more quality which was the main reason we were beaten so comprehensively.

SRL88's Career - March 2037 - Borussia Monchengladbach

Bundesliga

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-10.png

GermanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages-10.png

A bloody cracking month for us as we pulled ourselves right back into contention for the league following a stinking start to the year. We started with a cracking win over struggling HSV to give us a huge boost in confidence. We went to Duisburg in our next game and struggled, but managed to scrape our way to a 1-0 win. A very solid performance resulted in a solid win for us over Mainz before we went to Aue in our final game of the month and scored a comfortable victory.

DFB Pokal Semi-Final

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-2-5.png

Yes!!!! We comfortably beat our Second Division opponents in my 1,500th game as a Manager to book our place in the Final of the Pokal. Our opponents will surprisingly be struggling Bochum who beat high flying Schalke 1-0.

Great month with Gladbach has put you back in with a shot at the title. Win your last seven and who knows........

We still have to go to Bayern as well which will have a major say in where the title goes.

Great month for you, if you beat Bayern it should end up being a cracking end of the season run in.

Cheers dude. Having just posted the run-in, I think its going to be very interesting indeed. Bayern definitely have it easier and we have the toughest run-in.

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-127.png

This is unbelievable. Roger Hunt's long standing record as Liverpool Football Clubs record goalscorer is broken by a player signed during my regime...........on a FREE TRANSFER

Archived