Conquering England? It's like taking candy from a baby!

HotChocolate

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good luck coming home! Looks like a bit of a rebuild job on but I often enjoy that more than taking over an already well built squad.

Thanks City, yeah I much prefer it too!

EVERY year in Football Manager there is ALWAYS this clash! I'm not having a go at SI as I find it rather amusing that every year this happens between these two teams:

Sheffield United vs Southampton (although this time you can tell the difference on the 2D pitch, in all the other years both teams have had the same dots!)

When your team comes calling you have to accept :thup:. Glad to see they offered you it this time after giving the job to Adkins last time. Although, looking at your squad I'm playing a game...spot the Englishman! ;)

I'd like to say good luck with the Blades but after you beat us in the play-offs a few seasons ago when Peschisolido scored and then Des Walker scored that o.g...I have to say I hope you struggle ;):D

Your squad looks decent and Jean-Pierre Peretti looks like a fantastic CB for your league.

He is brilliant although they over spent on him, wages wise, contract wise and money wise.

When your team comes calling you have to accept :thup:. Glad to see they offered you it this time after giving the job to Adkins last time. Although, looking at your squad I'm playing a game...spot the Englishman! ;)

I'd like to say good luck with the Blades but after you beat us in the play-offs a few seasons ago when Peschisolido scored and then Des Walker scored that o.g...I have to say I hope you struggle

Okay, for reminding me that I wasn't at probably the greatest game ever to have been played at Bramall Lane and reminding me of a truly great season where all our BIG games I watched on Sky at my friends house (who were at the matches) because my dad refused to take me to any, I'm going to make your game MUCH harder. Spot the Englishmen over the age of 18 :D

I hope you heard me loud and clear Raware!! ;)

Oh ****.

I forgot to move my Youth players into the first team, meaning they've all played for the Youth and can't play for the Senior team on the same day, so the game has given me 3 'grayed out' HG players, they are all goalkeepers, so I go into the game with 3 goalkeepers on the bench. United fans will think I'm trying to do a Micky Adams and get them relegated!

We trust you.

I don't trust myself though :D

Maybe a greyed out player will surprise you...

They wont have a chance to! :cool:

Now, call me stupid, well call me whatever you want, stupid would be very correct though. But I got rid of all the staff when I turned up (bar myself) and replaced them with people from all my ex-clubs, the list will take too long to write out! And then found a 'perfect' ass man which is this fella, Éamon Mulvey[/url] but after a mix up in wage bills etc I had to sign someone on a free so in came this man Danny Murphy but fortunately I managed to change my wage bills again so got rid of Danny Murphy and replaced him with Éamon Mulvey. It seems a bit stupid and the board wont be too pleased with all the money going out, but trust me, it's worth it!

Okay so if any of you read the post that I just posted and deleted it's because I had a change of heart like any old football fan! :D

I've asked for the thread title to be altered to Conquering England as I will not be leaving England in this save as I firstly had planned. I love the English leagues, love playing in them and love my goals.

However, my rules for FM13 will more than likely include 'not to manage in England' ;)

Some of your goals I don't get. For example.

Manage in the Championship for at least five seasons.

Now for me, if I can win promotion from the Championship after three seasons, I'd be delighted and bugger two more seasons in there.

Fair enough Nobby, I just feel that a career where you spend 2 or 3 seasons in each league and spend 10+ in the Premier League is less enjoyable (for me) than one where you spend time in every league.

27-4.png

League Table --- League Positions Graph --- Results

A brilliant turn around in fortunes for us. I've lost only 1 game out of the 13 I've managed and we've managed to climb up the league and challenge for the playoffs spots. I'm not bothered about playoffs/promotion this year it's all about getting the team together, tactics implemented and finding the players I want and don't want which shouldn't be too difficult over the summer. However it does look like West Brom will wrap up the league title as they have got a massive 12 point lead at the top already.

Finances --- Transfers --- Facilities

They have massively decreased but there isn't any surprise there, I spent a bit of money on sacking staff and bringing in my own staff which has now stopped and we are settled in that department. You will always loose money throughout the season so I'm not too worried, I just hope I get a decent wage budget for next season so I can look to push us on up the league. In January my aim was to reduce the wage bill, sell everyone who wanted to go (which was a lot) and bring in some HG players so I didn't have my crap youth on the bench. I managed to sell 1 or 2 players but maybe not as many as I wanted and I just couldn't find any permanent signings anywhere so had to deal with a couple in on loan. We've got some really good facilities available to us and hopefully we can keep them up and improve them, I'm really looking at using the youth academy here to bring in some great players just haven't got any available to me.

Squad ---Team Report --- Information

Well it's not as good or as full as HG players as I would have liked but the January transfer window is always a tough window to change the team to suit you. Hopefully in the summer it will be an almost brand new team which we can look to build on. The team report is pretty much the same as last time as there hasn't been too much of a change in our players, although we have completely changed the backroom staff. We will be suffering from the loan debt but if we can look to push onto the Premier League and slowly chip away at the loan then we'll be pretty safe so long as the Croatian directors don't take out any more loans.

Much improved. If you can carry your form forward you'll be right in the mix for the playoffs, if not automatic promotion.

Just the small matter of a FA Cup 4th Round match against some minuscule side from the North-West to look forward to. Should be a cake-walk! ;)

Much improved. If you can carry your form forward you'll be right in the mix for the playoffs, if not automatic promotion.

Just the small matter of a FA Cup 4th Round match against some minuscule side from the North-West to look forward to. Should be a cake-walk! ;)

:D Some small team called the Red Devils. Send out your reserve side, don't need your starters.

Great job with Sheffield and if you keep it up you might get playoffs!

Thanks for the comments :thup:

As for the FA Cup, I've already played Manchester United this season, with Queens Park Rangers in the FA Cup, they only just beat me, 120th minute winner!

Sheffield United vs Manchester United (FA Cup 4th Round)

We went down to 10 men and I thought we'd lost our chance, we had been holding them out well and creating chances but as soon as that red card came I just thought they'd take advantage and go through. Complete opposite, we went on and smashed them big time all over the park, unfortunately though, they are Manchester United and we could only manage 1 goal, which they managed to get back in the 88th minute, another later goal. So onto Old Trafford we went.

Manchester United vs Sheffield United (FA Cup 4th Round Replay)

This was our day. From the minute go we were on top of them, they couldn't control us. Our players were well up for it and we could have got 3 or 4 if it wasn't for a great keeper. Never the less, we got the goal and we finally managed to keep them out, a brilliant win, by far the best of my career so far. Bring on the 5th Round! Happy Valentines Day Man Utd!

Been reading this thread today, quite a career you've had so far and it must be great to manage your favourite club, although you at first seemed set on turning them down and continue with QPR. Great win over Man Utd there too, deserved even by the looks of it.

One hell of an offensive formation you got going too. Are you Barca in disguise? :D

A fantastic victory, although I never liked to see United lose.
What a cup run!

It was a cracking tie, even the first game!

Just finished reading through the thread - thoroughly enjoyable! Great job beating Man Utd as well, I think any victory against them is sweet no matter who you support.

Thanks SnakeXe, it was amazing to go to Old Trafford and beat them in every department!

Bloody hell! Didn't expect to see that, and you had more attempts at goals than them in both games!
Well done on beating Utd,there is nothing better then seeing them lose :D
Great turnaround and fantastic result against Man u!

Thanks for your comments, the 5th Round was quite a tie as well!

Been reading this thread today, quite a career you've had so far and it must be great to manage your favourite club, although you at first seemed set on turning them down and continue with QPR. Great win over Man Utd there too, deserved even by the looks of it.

One hell of an offensive formation you got going too. Are you Barca in disguise? :D

I definitely considered staying as I was enjoying my time there but the pull of my own club was too much.

As for the tactics, I had a thought about them and just thought we should go for it, give the fans goals and I'm reaping the rewards at the minute, getting some big wins! :D

OMG! Great win for Man Utd! Must have been a hell of a game to play.
That was a historic victory against Man Utd, congrats!

Cheers Donkey Kong and abulezz :cool:

Cheers cerud, this save is still running, just not as fast. My love for FM dies out around now and whilst I still play it, I'm not hooked on it, it should pick back up though after a season or two. That's what usually happens.

I would have blamed exams, but seen as I do a diploma, it's all coursework :cool: which obviously has work involved.

27-4.png

Sheffield United - Season Review 2023/2024

Took over the reins in November after leaving Queens Park Rangers and it has to be said, it was an enjoyable start but it soon faded out and we ended up on of those horrible runs you get in FM. Next season will definitely be different, should be a good challenge.

League Table - I can't complain, we should really have finished lower when you look at our results at the end of the season.

Past Positions - After a promising start we quickly faded and the playoffs were out of reach too soon.

Results - I started brilliantly and didn't lose for my first 10 plus games but then we pulled up and dropped way to many points.

FA Cup - A brilliant run, beating Manchester United in a replay before being 3-0 down to Birmingham, pull it back to 3-2, have a goal disallowed and them score in the 90th minute to seal it.

Carling Cup - Out before I joined.

Squad - Honestly, do not like this squad at all, there is basically no HG players and their attitude bugs the hell out of me.

Transfers - We've made money which is always nice and useful but we still haven't done half of what I want.

Finances - The money we've got from the league is the only reason we've gone up since the cancellation of the Youth Facilities.

Key Players:

Sompob Sokhuma - Even when we weren't on a run this kid still performed and somehow got http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa428/HotChocolate95/33-4.png[/img]"]Player of the Year.

Thijs de Lange - His physical attributes are brilliant for a defender.

Jean-Peirre Peretti - Most impressed by his 5 yellow cards and 1 red card all season, baring in mind he's a CB.

Career History

Season Team Competition Finished Notes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/2012 Worcester City Blue Square Bet North 13th Appointed in October
2012/2013 Eastbourne Borough Blue Square Bet South 1st Promoted as League Winners
2013/2014 Eastbourne Borough Blue Square Bet Premier 12th FA Trophy Runners-Up
2014/2015 Stalybridge Celtic Blue Square Bet North 21st Sacked in November
2015/2016 Cheltenham Town Blue Square Bet Premier 17th N/A
2016/2017 Cheltenham Town Blue Square Bet Premier 4th Lost in Playoff Final
2017/2018 Cheltenham Town Blue Square Bet Premier 1st Promoted as League Winners
2018/2019 Cheltenham Town npower League 2 7th Lost in Playoff Final
2019/2020 Macclesfield Town Blue Square Bet North 15th Appointed in February
2020/2021 Macclesfield Town Blue Square Bet North 10th Sacked in October
Preston North End npower League 2 2nd Appointed in October, Promoted!
2021/2022 Preston North End npower League 1 4th Promoted via the Playoffs!
2022/2023 Queens Park Rangers npower League 1 2nd Promoted! JPT Runners-Up
2023/2024 Queens Park Rangers npower Championship 10th Left in November
Sheffield United npower Championship 10th Appointed in November

As we start the 2024/2025 season I thought I'd show you the league tables and who has improved and who hasn't improved.

Teams that have massively improved:

Teams that have improved:

Teams that have massively fallen:

Teams that have fallen:

Archived