Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

I'm not suggesting because of this. I'm suggesting that Suarez as a package. Does the bad finally outweigh the good he does for Liverpool? After their big hoohar before the match for Hillsborough and Boston, and with many American supporters watching too, would the owners see it as a bad image for their brand?

Was what Cantona did by attacking a fan good for United's image at the time?

I'm not excusing him, but to consider getting rid of him off the back of this is a bit insane. If he wanted to leave then that is a different story.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Was what Cantona did by attacking a fan good for United's image at the time?

I'm not excusing him, but to consider getting rid of him off the back of this is a bit insane. If he wanted to leave then that is a different story.

Keano on Haland tbh was more shocking and deserved a prison sentence yet Utd stuck by him.

Can't believe the amount of purely thick people saying "So the FA see biting as worse than racism then?" :D

No, morons! It's the fact that he has done this before, thus gets a greater punishment for it being a second offence. The threads in the FF are hilarious.

Can't believe the amount of purely thick people saying "So the FA see biting as worse than racism then?" :D

No, morons! It's the fact that he has done this before, thus gets a greater punishment for it being a second offence. The threads in the FF are hilarious.

Some of the comparisons are laughable (well all tbh). There is a reason I avoid the FF forum and that is, everyone is a moron in there.

Some of the comparisons are laughable (well all tbh). There is a reason I avoid the FF forum and that is, everyone is a moron in there.

Would make a comment about the Liverpool thread and scousers inparticular, but I guess I ought not to.

Was what Cantona did by attacking a fan good for United's image at the time?I'm not excusing him, but to consider getting rid of him off the back of this is a bit insane. If he wanted to leave then that is a different story.
This isn't the first time Suarez has done something stupid though.
Can't believe the amount of purely thick people saying "So the FA see biting as worse than racism then?" :DNo, morons! It's the fact that he has done this before, thus gets a greater punishment for it being a second offence. The threads in the FF are hilarious.
If this is aimed at my post, my reference was to John Terry getting 4 games. The FA statement said THIS act alone warranted more than the three-game standard. Has the FA confirmed that he got 10 games because of previous offences in another league in another country? I wasn't aware the FA increased punishments if you've done something else bad in the past.. Elsewhere. In case the tone is taken out of context, I'm asking a genuine question. Not trying to be a ****.

I'm not suggesting because of this. I'm suggesting that Suarez as a package. Does the bad finally outweigh the good he does for Liverpool? After their big hoohar before the match for Hillsborough and Boston, and with many American supporters watching too, would the owners see it as a bad image for their brand?
the only way he would be providing a bad image for the brand was if he started to play like downing did in his first year at liverpool

the odd moment of crazyness is not a problem as long as he delivers on the pitch

Keano on Haland tbh was more shocking and deserved a prison sentence yet Utd stuck by him.

I didn't even think of that one. Despite what all mentioned did wrong, you don't blame the club for sticking by them when they're as good as what Keane, Cantona and Suarez are.

I find it best to avoid certain threads there as I have come to know who the idiots are.

Would make a comment about the Liverpool thread and scousers inparticular, but I guess I ought not to.

I suggest otherwise.

So Dortmund took four points off Real Madrid in the group stage. Why then, do I have an inkling that Real will win in Germany tonight?

I'm expecting a 1-2 or even 2-3 tonight.

Got that completely wrong.

Excellent to see the strength of German football which has kicked on purely because of action taken by their equivalent of our FA after a poor tournament at Euro 2000.

Wish our own FA did anything other than FA.

My right hand is sore from cricket training. On the plus side, might be partaking in 7/8 a side(football) on Monday night with some of the cricket lads.

Yeah cricket, sure it's from that? :rolleyes:

Still a dickhead for leaving everything so late. :D

Got it done though didnt i :D

Ever so kind Tom.

Its fine we all know hes a douche anyway ;)

What does he do to start work at 3pm?

Restaurants mate - finished up at midnight there, been home for about 40 mins

Missed what was undoubtedly a phenomenal game! Sometimes this is why i hate shift work!
it was ok-ish, an end to end game at high tempo.....not really the kind of football I like, to many mistakes in possession, no element of control

Cleon`s the gym freak about here isnt he? - If so what can i do/eat to boost my system, im right at burnout stage, and i fear a crash is just on the horizon, so i want to pull myself back before any serious damage is done!

Edit: I dont eat red meat or fish, or a lot/if any of veg, pretty much live on caffeine at the moment!

Just reading through the MSN news thing and one of the topics is players that got away. I didn't realise that Lewandowski nearly signed for Blackburn in 2010 but the Ash Cloud stopped him. I'm reading that Zidane nearly signed for Blackburn in 1995 but the then chairman, Jack Walker said why do you want him when we have Tim Sherwood. The Sheffield United/Maradona one is up there :D. The fact that you signed another guy for £160k and wouldn't stump up the extra £40k for probably one the greatest players to have ever played is funny :D. Although wiki seems to think that Maradona's side were rejecting the £400k you offered. Obviously some discrepancy there.

The next one is the one of Ronaldinho apparently close to moving to St Mirren only for the Brazilian FA to refuse the deal due fake passport scandal. Cleon would like this one. Sheffield Wednesday refusing to offer a deal to Cantona until they'd seen him play on grass.

There are a few more on there as well.

I honestly believe that if today keeps on going the way it is at the moment that I am going to punch one of my colleagues. Never met such a thick set of people.

Cleon`s the gym freak about here isnt he? - If so what can i do/eat to boost my system, im right at burnout stage, and i fear a crash is just on the horizon, so i want to pull myself back before any serious damage is done!

Edit: I dont eat red meat or fish, or a lot/if any of veg, pretty much live on caffeine at the moment!

You're living off caffeine? If you're at burnout at the gym, rather than just in life then eat about 30-60 minutes before going. I typically have about 75g of whole grain brown rice and a chicken breast. This normally gives me enough energy in the gym to get through an hour. I was like you always burning out because I used to go from work, so I'd not eaten since about 12:30 and was at the gym for 6pm so surviving on no food.

I'm sure Cleon would have a better answer (which I look forward to reading about).

All this healthy eating, measured diet stuff bores the hell out of me.

Then don't do it. I don't see why you feel the need to reply.

But I bet when you make a spaghetti bolognaise, for example, you use roughly the same about of spaghetti each time. Same amount of beef and the same about of tomato sauce. You might not know how much it weighs, but I'd find it strange if you didn't know how much you needed to make one...

Sheffield Wednesday refusing to offer a deal to Cantona until they'd seen him play on grass.

I actually saw Cantona play in his only game for Sheff Weds indoors. Before he joined Owls on trial though Liverpool rejected the chance to sign him :)

Then don't do it. I don't see why you feel the need to reply.

It's a forum, that's what happens.

But I bet when you make a spaghetti bolognaise, for example, you use roughly the same about of spaghetti each time. Same amount of beef and the same about of tomato sauce. You might not know how much it weighs, but I'd find it strange if you didn't know how much you needed to make one...

Yes....what's the point? I guess I have more natural flair in the kitchen than you.

It's a forum, that's what happens.

Fair enough. I guess I just don't see a need looking at every post that isn't a reply to me quoting it as boring, but each to their own.

Yes....what's the point? I guess I have more natural flair in the kitchen than you.

My point is you'll always use the same amount. I said I use about 75g, not 75g exactly. I don't weigh it out every time, I just know the amount I cook, is about that. I was responding to someone that said they have a lack of energy. I replied with how much I consume to combat that. ****ing hell, why are we still even debating this...

What's everyone been upto? I slept majority of day, proper idle day. Best sleep I've had for about a year :cool:

First week back at work after Paternity for me.

I've had yesterday off and am off tomorrow too so my wife doesn't get a two child hammering all of a sudden.

Weather down here is still great and it's due to be the same tomorrow, so I'll be out at the park with my eldest daughter tomorrow and then knocking around Salisbury Cathedral, keeps her busy and there's usually some totty lounging about to ogle - it'll be a day for sunglasses.

Will watch whatever footy is on tonight, and am currently playing Arsenal in the 2023/24 season CL final.

What's everyone been upto? I slept majority of day, proper idle day. Best sleep I've had for about a year :cool:

Been at work, keeping busy on here, twitter, etc.

Other half is working yet again this evening, so I'm on my lonesome. At the minute I'm busy taking screenshots, etc, for my new thread that I'm going to starting writing in the near future. I'll probably still be doing all that when the football is on later.

My point is you'll always use the same amount. I said I use about 75g, not 75g exactly. I don't weigh it out every time, I just know the amount I cook, is about that. I was responding to someone that said they have a lack of energy. I replied with how much I consume to combat that. ****ing hell, why are we still even debating this...

That's a relief, I thought you were rigidly prescriptive and stuck to 75g.

So you're saying that some days, you just think "What the hell, I'll go to 80-85 grams today", or maybe even "I'm not that hungry, let's operate at around 65 grams".

Sweet :o