Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

Literally makes no sense whatsoever. Learn to reply in a vaguely understandable manner, jock.

Well rooney had a prior history of misdemeanours (sp?), his personal life quite often overshadowed his football, so im pretty sure the fa took that into consideration when they gave him a 2 match ban, as much as he is a gifted talent, they clearly dont want the professionalism of the game to be shown up, more so than it already is. It stands to reason if you have a reputation for doing silly stuff, then your automatically going to be tarred with a much harder brush.

Logical enough for you pom?

Im not saying aguero and wilshire shouldnt be banned, quite frankly they should, if nothing else but to keep up a standard, but they dont have a prior history anywhere near as colourful as Rooney has.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, Tom? After seeing both incidents you just shrugged and didn't give it a passing thought?

United never entered my mind. Why would they?

Well rooney had a prior history of misdemeanours (sp?), his personal life quite often overshadowed his football, so im pretty sure the fa took that into consideration when they gave him a 2 match ban, as much as he is a gifted talent, they clearly dont want the professionalism of the game to be shown up, more so than it already is. It stands to reason if you have a reputation for doing silly stuff, then your automatically going to be tarred with a much harder brush.

Im not saying aguero and wilshire shouldnt be banned, quite frankly they should, if nothing else but to keep up a standard, but they dont have a prior history anywhere near as colourful as Rooney has.

Wow, you really didn't understand what I was getting at. I never even mentioned about players getting banned and such like. Really, I have no idea what you're on about.

I can say the same, but in a different context. This new kitten I've got is a pain in the arse for waking me up at half 2, 4pm and half 5. Its like having a baby I must say.

What? Don't say that. We're thinking about getting a house cat, and really didn't expect it to need much looking after. Do you have to feed it all the time or something? I know nothing about cats or kittens or babies for that matter.

That shouldn't come into it at all, really.

United never entered my mind. Why would they?

Maybe you're sheltered from the constant 'United get all the decisions' ********. These same people are very quiet when the FA decide to do nothing about horror tackles and clear violent conduct. Hard not to draw comparisons with your own club, particularly when you've seen your manager fined/banned for calling a ref fat, and a player banned for swearing.

Since when has swearing warranted a bad and violent conduct not? Anyway, we move on.

What? Don't say that. We're thinking about getting a house cat, and really didn't expect it to need much looking after. Do you have to feed it all the time or something? I know nothing about cats or kittens or babies for that matter.

Cats dont need a great deal of attention, SRL is over fussy because he lets it wake him up :D

That shouldn't come into it at all, really.

Perhaps not, but more than likely thats what happened, joey barton as an extreme example

Cats dont need a great deal of attention, SRL is over fussy because he lets it wake him up :D

It is annoying, but I wouldn't get rid of it for anything. I hated cats until October/November last year when a stray wondered into our house. We got rid of that and I hated giving it up so the mrs got me one just before Christmas :). Love her to bits really. Its a great pet. We decided to get a second one really for her benefit as we thought it would be good company as she is a house cat and is in on her own all day when we're at work. She is 6-7 months now and the new kitten we got is around 7 weeks. It was advertised at 8, but I honestly don't think it is so it shouldn't really be away from its mother.

Anyway, the youngest has settled in fine, but the issue is trying to get the eldest to accept her. I think she has got used to the idea but it is worrying to know if they are actually playing or fighting. The youngest usually lies on her back and the eldest above her and they usually smack each other in the face, then lock up and bite each other. The elder is massive in comparison so it is knowing if the youngest is being hurt or not. I just don't think we dare let them go at it until the point where they are both knackered and want to sleep.

Maybe you're sheltered from the constant 'United get all the decisions' ********. These same people are very quiet when the FA decide to do nothing about horror tackles and clear violent conduct. Hard not to draw comparisons with your own club, particularly when you've seen your manager fined/banned for calling a ref fat, and a player banned for swearing.

Since when has swearing warranted a bad and violent conduct not? Anyway, we move on.

But when did I ever mention anything about certain players getting banned and others not? I just said you're the type that gives United fans a bad name with your whinging. At a guess you never say anything when something goes in our favour? Hypocrite me thinks.

And sheltered? What on earth are you actually talking about? The only thing that crossed my mind when I saw that the Aguero incident wasn't at the very least getting investiagated was that he was very lucky and the FA had once again hidden behind their own rules, as they have done on many occasions. And the only thing I thought about the Wilshere, erm, incident, (if you want to call it that), was that Mirallas was a bit childish to squirt water at him. :D

My thoughts don't revolve around what has or hasn't happened to my football club. My vision is not as tunnelled as that.

You answered a point about why rooney got banned, and others didnt, thats what i am answering - Its surely not that hard to understand?

You may have meant it about why utd fans get a bad name, but i was pointing out why rooney got banned.

To repeat again, in the quote you originally took from me, I didn't answer or say anything, (or even vaguely intimate), about why Rooney got banned two years ago and why others didn't for incidents over the past few days. I said United fans get a bad name because of whingers like OneUnited.

To me it seems like you have seen something you wanted to see, rather than what was there infront of you.

You have to let them go at it, because they are both kittens, they most likely will be just playing, the eldest will be establishing her dominance as the alpha female in the household, you`ll know if the little one is in danger, or thinks she is in danger, if she lies on her side with her tail tucked between her legs whilst the other cat is over her - Thats a sign of submission and usually means the other one is in control.

My kitten jumps at me and play bites me all the time, its a bonding session, so i would let them go at it, until you hear a proper squeal, then step in.

My cat up at my dads pepper, she is about 9, and we used to have 2 kittens there also, and they used to sneak up on her, and smack her with their paws, then she used to chase them and hit them until they rolled over on their sides with the tails between their legs, then walked away - But interestlingly as she was an older cat, she actually started to show them how to play, for example, she had a ball, and she used to pay it whilst running, also whilst looking at the kittens, as if to say this is how you do it - Then the kittens would go up and try

To repeat again, in the quote you originally took from me, I didn't answer or say anything, (or even vaguely intimate), about why Rooney got banned two years ago and why others didn't for incidents over the past few days. I said United fans get a bad name because of whingers like OneUnited.

To me it seems like you have seen something you wanted to see, rather than what was there infront of you.

Perhaps i should have multi quoted then :)

Yeah I have heard the kitten squeal a couple of times and I have stepped in then, usually by squirting water at them both to break it up rather than risk my hands being scratched :D.

It is annoying, but I wouldn't get rid of it for anything. I hated cats until October/November last year when a stray wondered into our house. We got rid of that and I hated giving it up so the mrs got me one just before Christmas :). Love her to bits really. Its a great pet. We decided to get a second one really for her benefit as we thought it would be good company as she is a house cat and is in on her own all day when we're at work. She is 6-7 months now and the new kitten we got is around 7 weeks. It was advertised at 8, but I honestly don't think it is so it shouldn't really be away from its mother.

Anyway, the youngest has settled in fine, but the issue is trying to get the eldest to accept her. I think she has got used to the idea but it is worrying to know if they are actually playing or fighting. The youngest usually lies on her back and the eldest above her and they usually smack each other in the face, then lock up and bite each other. The elder is massive in comparison so it is knowing if the youngest is being hurt or not. I just don't think we dare let them go at it until the point where they are both knackered and want to sleep.

I doubt they're actually fighting. I'm sure the smaller one would run away if it was scared or hurt. Sounds like they're playing. We'd thought one might not be fair and two would be better for them to at least have company during the day.

But when did I ever mention anything about certain players getting banned and others not? I just said you're the type that gives United fans a bad name with your whinging. At a guess you never say anything when something goes in our favour? Hypocrite me thinks.

And sheltered? What on earth are you actually talking about? The only thing that crossed my mind when I saw that the Aguero incident wasn't at the very least getting investiagated was that he was very lucky and the FA had once again hidden behind their own rules, as they have done on many occasions. And the only thing I thought about the Wilshere, erm, incident, (if you want to call it that), was that Mirallas was a bit childish to squirt water at him. :D

My thoughts don't revolve around what has or hasn't happened to my football club. My vision is not as tunnelled as that.

So you can think about players actions and the FA's subsequent actions, but you're not allowed to comment on it for fear of giving you Top Reds a bad name. I get it. And here was me thinking it was the CHAMP20NS squad that gave us a bad name.

You infer I whine when I merely made one comment about a couple of incidents this week that have passed by with the FA doing nothing, whilst making similar references to incidents that had not escaped punishment. I'm not whining at all, just pointing it out. And you're making a big assumption calling me a hypocrite, Tom. There have been incidents when I've known we've been lucky to get away with certain sanctions. My reference was to the paranoia squad who believe the Gilluminati in action at the FA in helping United win the league by letting them get away with anything.

You win some. You lose some.

Yeah I have heard the kitten squeal a couple of times and I have stepped in then, usually by squirting water at them both to break it up rather than risk my hands being scratched :D.

Oh dont be a woose! I have a tom cat and my hands are scratched to hell lol, it doesnt hurt that much! :D, Water bottle is a good trick, or if u have an electric razor? They hate the noise of that!

So you can think about players actions and the FA's subsequent actions, but you're not allowed to comment on it for fear of giving you Top Reds a bad name. I get it. And here was me thinking it was the CHAMP20NS squad that gave us a bad name.

You infer I whine when I merely made one comment about a couple of incidents this week that have passed by with the FA doing nothing, whilst making similar references to incidents that had not escaped punishment. I'm not whining at all, just pointing it out. And you're making a big assumption calling me a hypocrite, Tom. There have been incidents when I've known we've been lucky to get away with certain sanctions. My reference was to the paranoia squad who believe the Gilluminati in action at the FA in helping United win the league by letting them get away with anything.

You win some. You lose some.

To anyone with half a brain cell, you came across as whiney. Simple.

Cleon, what the hell has gone off in the tactics forum? Just seen to threads with no title and no user :D. I assume it was you or one of the other mods that have quickly closed the thread and removed the user :D.

Nope was neither. Not sure what's happened, it's been passed on though :)

I was tempted to do a Rangers save, but it feels dirty as my family all support the main Glasgow club.

Wouldn't go near Scottish football again, as I wouldn't manage anyone other than Celtic and it would be a bit easy.

Thinking about Real Madrid. I had a little dabble, (a dozen matches or so), when the game first came out, and I want to take the things I now know about traing to them and make them into a Barcelona style club. I also want to try and replicate Cristiano's brilliance from real life.

The Dortmund save I'm unure of. I've just completed my first season winning the league and cup double, but I'm not sure whether I want to carry it on.

I was tempted to do a Rangers save, but it feels dirty as my family all support the main Glasgow club.

Just been to fashion mecca Marks & Spencer to get some new work shirts, old sods everywhere dithering about. Haven't they heard of euthenasia?

You would be dirty :D

Wouldn't go near Scottish football again, as I wouldn't manage anyone other than Celtic and it would be a bit easy.

Thinking about Real Madrid. I had a little dabble, (a dozen matches or so), when the game first came out, and I want to take the things I now know about traing to them and make them into a Barcelona style club. I also want to try and replicate Cristiano's brilliance from real life.

The Dortmund save I'm unure of. I've just completed my first season winning the league and cup double, but I'm not sure whether I want to carry it on.

It is pretty easy tbh, although my first season i ended up only convincingly winning the league with 3 games left, Madrid was too easy also, Why not try a club like the old lady or Inter and rebuild them?

Spain is fun. I've gone back to my Barca save.

It is a bit easy after a while as the TV money there is insane.