Ok I going crazy. I'm creating a free for all

This is a great file! Thanks mackemforever

With regards to the wage budgets, my first load of the game revealed quite unbalanced squads. But using FMRTE to mass edit the clubs' remaining wage budgets seems to have balanced things out and it doesn't take that long either. What you do is:

1 Create a new game and save it

2 Load FMRTE, press mass edit

3 Filter clubs by reputation (e.g. 8500 - 10000)

4 Enter e.g. 2000000 £ for remaining wage budget and apply

5 Save in FMRTE

6 Repeat steps 3-5 with varying reputations and values

There will obviously still be some odd transfers, but much more acceptable/fun

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had a go with this and there is a problem with the wage budgets. I started as Dortmund and I've got a €60k wage budget (total!) so I can't relly sign any decent players. I think what will happen is most players won't sign for clubs because no clubs can offer them a decent wage. I wonder if anything can be done about this either using the editor or FMRTE (that probably doesn't exist yet for FM12?)

EDIT: I switched to Man City and I can offer €58k now so maybe Dortmund are just poor, or maybe only the very richest clubs will be able to sign players, not sure yet :)

I've had a go with this and there is a problem with the wage budgets. I started as Dortmund and I've got a €60k wage budget (total!) so I can't relly sign any decent players. I think what will happen is most players won't sign for clubs because no clubs can offer them a decent wage. I wonder if anything can be done about this either using the editor or FMRTE (that probably doesn't exist yet for FM12?)

EDIT: I switched to Man City and I can offer €58k now so maybe Dortmund are just poor, or maybe only the very richest clubs will be able to sign players, not sure yet :)

See perpetua's post above.

You might end up having a little trouble at the start since clubs have limited wage budgets set over their current budget in the db rather than the entire wage budget.

So suppose the player salaries are 50 million and another 3 million Euro wage budget is entered in the db to give you 53 million Euro budget in the game. When you remove the players, the club's budget will probably be around 3 million Euro in the first season.

So whichever team has the highest budget entered, will get ahead the furthest in the first year. Well, at least until January or so when clubs get bigger budgets due to earning lots of income and not having enough expenses.

Right I re-started with Ajax and things are going pretty well. Got a €500K wage budget so I'm trying to keep wages down to around €30k max so I'll have enough to go around!

If you're going to have a go at this make sure you untick the "Add players to playable teams" checkbox. You can untick the "add key staff" as well if you want. I did but it's a bit of a pain because it means you start with no staff whatsoever.

Andre Villas-Boas in Sunderland manager on mine. Will create a thread with seasonal updates on signings, how teams do if anyone would be interested ? i'll be holidaying obviously will be pretty quick.

As a Sunderland fan that is much better than the manager in my game which is Glenn Roeder.

I did this on FM10, wasn't as fun as it sounds as no sod signed any players apart from me, I got to the start of the first season and remember Man Utd signing 3 goalkeepers and that was it.

I stopped playing and holidayed it for a couple of seasons, and still alot of clubs didn't have a full XI and had to use greyed players

I did this on FM10, wasn't as fun as it sounds as no sod signed any players apart from me, I got to the start of the first season and remember Man Utd signing 3 goalkeepers and that was it.

I stopped playing and holidayed it for a couple of seasons, and still alot of clubs didn't have a full XI and had to use greyed players

I tried it on FM11 and it was a similar story, however it looks a lot better in this version :) I'm only part way through August and most clubs that I've looked at are well on the way to having decent squads. I'll have a proper look when the transfer window closes and post some info.

The AI does seem much better at squad building in this game.

What I did when I was testing this database was as follows:

Join the team I wanted to play as.

Build up my own squad.

Resign.

Holiday for a season to give the AI a chance to fill out their squads.

Retire & create a new manager to take over the club I was at to begin with.

This is a great file! Thanks mackemforever

With regards to the wage budgets, my first load of the game revealed quite unbalanced squads. But using FMRTE to mass edit the clubs' remaining wage budgets seems to have balanced things out and it doesn't take that long either. What you do is:

2 Load FMRTE, press mass edit

3 Filter clubs by reputation (e.g. 8500 - 10000)

4 Enter e.g. 2000000 £ for remaining wage budget and apply

5 Save in FMRTE

6 Repeat steps 3-5 with varying reputations and values

There will obviously still be some odd transfers, but much more acceptable/fun

I'm having trouble with this. I've followed all the steps but it isn't applying it in-game. Am I missing something?

Right the transfer window has just closed in the first season in my game and it looks as though the AI squad building is much improved. Lets have a look at some squads then:

Note I have not edited anything in FMRTE. Wage budgets are as they are set by the game.

Ajax Amsterdam (me)

Feijenoord Rotterdam

PSV Eindhoven

Bayern Munich

Arsenal

Man Utd

Man City

Chelsea

Liverpool

Real Madrid

Barcelona

Internazionale

Milan

Lyon

Here are listings of European clubs and their new managers!

Belgium

England

France

Germany

Italy

Netherlands

Portugal

Spain

If anyone wants me to post a particular squad list or find out where a particular player/manager has gone just let me know.

Right the thing with Messi, and a lot of other big name players is they haven't found new clubs yet. I think this is related to the wage budget issue (i.e. clubs cannot, or will not, offer the massive wages that they ask for). If you look at Man Utd for example, their highest paid player is on €29k per week, Man City's is on €58k. Messi et al are asking for 80-90k+ so it looks like most of the new managers are sticking to quite strict wage structures.

Having said that, Iniesta is on over €200k a week at Madrid so I'm not sure.

There are tons of good players still without clubs, I've listed some of them here:

Iker Casillas

Samuel Eto'o

Lukas Podolski

Rafa van der Vaart

Roque Santa Cruz

Kolo & Yaya Touré

Wesley Sneijder

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Carlos Tevez

Nemanja Vidic

The list goes on. It'll be interesting to see how this develops.

can you post the Hartlepool United squad please? Also whos the manager?

Sorry I'm only running the top division in eight countries: England, Spain, Italy, Germany, France, Holland, Belgium, Portugal.

No details on lower league clubs I'm afraid. They have no manager.

Interesting in Robzilla's experiment that Man Utd resign Diego Forlan!

Did he do any better this time around?

He's doing OK. Not a first-team regular but has made 5 appearances so far (6th October) and has 3 goals, 1 assist.

I'm having trouble with this. I've followed all the steps but it isn't applying it in-game. Am I missing something?

It's hard to tell, I feel I've listed the steps as I've done it. But I'm a novice at FMRTE, so it took me a bit of trying to figure it out as well. At least you can always reload the game and start over.

How can you see that it's not working? Are you searching for the clubs in FMRTE afterwards and see their old "Remaining Wage Budget"?

Right the thing with Messi, and a lot of other big name players is they haven't found new clubs yet. I think this is related to the wage budget issue (i.e. clubs cannot, or will not, offer the massive wages that they ask for). If you look at Man Utd for example, their highest paid player is on €29k per week, Man City's is on €58k. Messi et al are asking for 80-90k+ so it looks like most of the new managers are sticking to quite strict wage structures.

Having said that, Iniesta is on over €200k a week at Madrid so I'm not sure.

The proper way to set up this file would be to remove all the "Remaining Wage Budget" settings from the database. If I search for major clubs (rep over 8500) in the official editor, Real Madrid, Milan, Inter and Juventus don't have this setting enabled at all, meaning that in a new game without any players the wage budget as a whole is done properly. With all the others, the wage budget ~ remaining budget. It may be tweaked a bit by the AI but it's still a limitation, which corresponds to the things you've seen on your save.

@the edge - I'm looking at my club (Crystal Palace's) weekly wage budget afterward and it still says £1,080.

Are Crystal Palace in the reputation range that you're trying to edit? Anyway, I'll try to do it in a more detailed manner :) This is from my memory.

2 In FMRTE, Press Load Game

(do a search for clubs with a certain reputation first and look at some just to see what the existing budget is like for comparison)

3 Press mass edit -> a pop-up will come

4 Press "Press me to filter" -> a 2nd pop-up will come

5 Do a search just like any, for instance set reputation between 8500 - 10000

6 Now you're back at the 1st popup and to the bottom right it says something like "Filtered (8 clubs)"

7 Now go to the club finances, don't edit anything else and in the Remaining Wage Budget insert an amount, e.g. 2500000 £

8 Press Apply

9 Press Save in the main FMRTE window.

(do a normal search for clubs with a reputation between 8500 and 10000 and look at some to verify they have the same Remaining Wage Budget)

11 Repeat steps 3-9 with varying reputations and values

Hope it helps

@ Robzilla, could you post a screenie of the Norwich squad please mate? Glad to see the AI is doing a better job of squad building on this one, may have a crack at this myself at some point then, as I was disappointed that it wouldn't work properly in FM10.

how is one supposed to play a year with a squad of only 15 players or so??

are the squads bigger with the given FMRTE routine? can anyone post a database where this routine has already been applied?

I'm working on it at the moment ;)

This has worked better on FM12 than it did last time I tried it. Most Spanish sides have squads of well over 20 players, English between 15 and 20, German between 17 and 25, Italian 20 plus, Turkey at least 22, Holland between 17 and 25, Ukraine 20-25, Russia is the worst they only have around 10 players the rest are grey.

Archived