FM12 Everton Thread - Getting out of a sticky situation

cemendur88

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im Currently 7th In The Premier Legaue After 1 game first game of the season at home to liverpool won 1-0 Donovan and missed penalty in 90 min Leigton Baines...

Im Currently searching for a right midfielder and i sold fellaini to arsenal for 16 million and tbh rodwell fills the gap perfectly any ideas for a right midfielder please comment..

here's the squad to follow...

Gk Tim Howard

CB Phil Jagielka

CB John Heitinga

LB Leighton Baines

RB Sime Vrsaljko(3m from dinamo zagreg)

Cm Tim Cahill

Cm Jack Rodwell

Lm Royston Drenthe

Rm Cristian Tello ( 2.5 m from barcelona 3 and a half potential )

CAM Landon Donovan

St Nicika Jelavic

Bench

Hahnemann

Dunk ( signed from brighton great prospect )

Neville

Barkley

Gibson

Castaignos ( On Loan From Inter )

Sraquarlursi ( think thats how you spell it )

and btw im trying to adapt barca's style of football and seems to be working atm cheers

Ive just started an Everton game after my Newcastle one was corrupted thanks to my PC turning off during a save!

Told the board i would qualify for Europe and asked for the training facilities to be upgraded which was granted, still working on getting the youth done.

Transfers In

Craig Dawson - £1.5m - a must for me on most saves now, brilliant young player

David Bentley - £2m - the squad needs a right winger and Bentleys cheap, him and Drenthe should be handy on the wings

Sime Vrsaljko - £3m - Hibbert gone, Neville getting on, this guy can step in from day 1 and play a number of positions well

Transfers Out

Tony Hibbert - £3m

Sylvain Distin - £2m

Leon Osman - £4m

Victor Anichebe - £1m Loan Fee £3m Future Fee

Aspostolos Vellios - Laon

Im playing a 4-4-1 with a 4-4-2 backing it up. Pre-season went well winning 7 out of 7, lost Baines for 3 months after he done his hamstring though. Weve jus played our 1st game of the season at Goodison against Man City...

We smashed em 4-0 with goals from Stracqualarsi, Baxter and a brace from Barkley after coming of the bench for his debut!

i reckon the right midfielder situation could be filled easily with little money on nathan dyer brilliant or park ji sung would be a nice fit:)

hope all goes well great result against lpool fella

Cheers Buddy u reckon ill be able to get park tho :/

Due to Baines injury ive been playing him at LB and hes been solid as a rock, i can only imagine hell be just as good if not better at RB mate

When Baines Is Back I Reccomend Him RB But He Can Also Plau Much More Positions If You Have A Injury Situation I BELIEVE He Can Play Cm , CAM RM And A FEW more

Due to Baines injury ive been playing him at LB and hes been solid as a rock, i can only imagine hell be just as good if not better at RB mate

When Baines Is Back I Reccomend Him RB But He Can Also Plau Much More Positions If You Have A Injury Situation I BELIEVE He Can Play Cm , CAM RM And A FEW more

Because City Constanley Inquire About Howard Should I Sell Him Next Season And Buy Someone Else... Does Anyone Know If Vorm's Potential HAS GONE Up On The 12.2 Update Cheers

I got side-tracked by other stuff for the last week or so, but I'm back to pick up the Everton save where I left off and I've settled on a formation and a first team now.

I'm using a slightly tweaked version of Elrithals 'Ordinary Tactic' - an attacking 451 with an aggressive pressing game.

My team is as follows:

GK: Howard

DL: Baines

DC: Heitinga

DC: Yobo

DR: Coleman

DMC: Ortigoza

MC: Cahill

MC: Barry

AML: Johnson

AMR: Poulsen

STR: Bangoura

Subs are usually: Mucha, Masilela, Distin, Barkley, Davis, Billy, Anichebe.

Although results have generally been good since I took over, I think they might not be quite consistent enough to force a way into the top 5 this season so I'm looking forward to a bit of a mini-clearout. I've spotted that Lucas Andersen has got the hump with Wolves and will be leaving on a Free in the summer - I'm already saying how much I want to have his babies in the Press and I'll see if I can get him on a loan for the rest of the season.

The game seems determined to make me buy Kieran Gibbs - He's available for just over £1m - worth it as a backup for Baines?

My interest in Sturridge seems to have made him decide to stay at Chelsea annoyingly, however Bangoura is a bit of a monster at the moment, so I might be ok for now.

Not a bad start to the season! A 0-0 draw away at the Emirates, a 1-0 win at home to Man City and a hard-fought 2-1 away win in the Merseyside Derby! :thup:

al3z86.png

Here's my First XI and subs, a few cheeky signings in there; Adrien Regattin (who incidentally scored the winner at Anfield) and Benik Afobe both came in on loan, while Carl Hoefkens (recommended by Fellaini) joined for just 575k. I sold Tim Cahill, he's just not that good on FM (for me, at least).

4ikkjt.png

What is Cahill's best position/role?

I'm 12 games into the PL won 9 drawn 1 and lost 2 sitting 2nd.

c35239252d73450999175cf917879b94.png

Playing 4-4-1-1 and Rodwell has been amazing playing behind the striker, think he has 9 goals in 9. Picking up loads of injuries though Pienaar has had 2 more long injuries since coming back from his one at the start, Cahill was out for a month, Drenthe and Rhodes too as well as numerous under 2 weeks. Diane had been a very good free signing and scored 2 goals in my LC win over City but picked up a 3 month injury the next game. My whole squad is playing well bar Cahill and Pienaar who has only played 2 games as sub. Jelavic could do better but he has 6 league goals. Main reason I'm where I am is because Rodwell is scoring so many and I don't concede many.

Started an Everton game on the new patch and have done loads of wheeling and dealing and a couple of big deals on 48 month payments (Wouldnt normally but felt they really needed the boost).

[b]PLAYERS IN[/b]

| Date               | Person                     | From               | Fee                | 
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 9.7.2011           | McGregor, Allan            | Rangers            | £1.2M              | 
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 10.7.2011          | Schelotto, Matias Ezequiel | Atalanta           | £2.9M              | 
| 12.7.2011          | Vrsaljko, Sime             | Dinamo             | £2.6M              | 
| 15.7.2011          | Badelj, Milan              | Dinamo             | £3.6M              | 
| 20.7.2011          | Hanley, Grant              | Blackburn          | £5.75M             | 
| 21.7.2011          | Allen, Joe                 | Swansea            | £6M                | 
| 21.7.2011          | Welbeck, Danny             | Man Utd            | £22M               | 
|                    | Total                      |                    | £44M               | 
|                    |                            |                    |                    | 

[b]
PLAYERS OUT[/b]

| Date               | Person             | To                 | Fee                | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 10.7.2011          | Osman, Leon        | Stoke              | Ln Fee £1M         | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 10.7.2011          | Heitinga, John     | FCP                | £6.75M             | 
| 10.7.2011          | Howard, Tim        | Man City           | £6.5M              | 
| 25.7.2011          | Distin, Sylvain    | West Brom          | £2M                | 
| 26.7.2011          | Hibbert, Tony      | Wolves             | £2.3M              | 
| 28.7.2011          | Baxter, Jose       | Bournemouth        | Loan               | 
| 29.7.2011          | Barkley, Ross      | Bournemouth        | Loan               | 
| 29.7.2011          | Wallace, James     | Bournemouth        | Loan               | 
| 31.7.2011          | Anichebe, Victor   | Lazio              | Ln Fee £950K       | 
| 11.8.2011          | Mucha, Jan         | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 11.8.2011          | Neville, Phil      | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
|                    | Total              |                    | £19.5M             | 
|                    |                    |                    |                    | 

Wages have come down a fair bit with the players who have gone out compared to the ones who have come in.

So far I play a 4411 and have won 5 out of 5 games. McGragor, Vrsaljko, Hanley, Jagielka, Baines, Drenthe, Baldej, Fellaini, Schelotto, Cahill and Welbeck up front in the main.

My praising of Bangoura has cursed him and he now resembles Torres. However Anichebe has taken his place at being the monster upfront - he's just brilliant for me at the moment.

The shock for me has been how well Jakob Poulsen has been playing - he's scored 9 goals for me in 3 months as a defensive right winger, he's often on the end of Adam Johnson's whipped in crosses as Anichebe creates the space.

Finally I marked the end of the Jan 2014 transfer window by taking Lucas Andersen on loan (retraining him as a right winger) and Ciaran Clark for £9mil - Distin's repalcement is sorted with 6 months to settle in. Job done.

I'm aiming for it to be a quiet summer 2014 round Goodison as all I really need is another striker and to let the retirees and high earners *cough* Barry *Cough* leave and let the finances settle down.

Now I just need to try and secure a European spot...

you cancelled neville and mucha's contracts?! surely that should have cost you millions?!

I was trying to sell them and as soon as they were not registered they both came to me at a cut price mutual agreement so as well as leaving.

That would be great, I have been planning to start a Toffees save for a while now. Was planning to start today and downloaded your last update from bluekipper, but i guess i will put it on hold for a few more days then..

Slowly approaching the end of my first season in charge. Two league games left, one of which is very important. Currently in 5th, 2 points ahead of Spurs and our next game is at... White Hart Lane. A proper 6 pointer to try and secure that European spot.

However, we've reached the FA Cup. Hooray! Drew for the Semis a Chelsea team which has lost only twice all season and just thumped Man City 4-0 in the CL Semis, so my hopes weren't high. However an OG by Alex in the 3rd minute got us on the way and we won 3-1 in the end - my first Wembley final.

Annoyingly though the squad which had done very well at avoiding injuries suddenly started dropping like flies. First team starters Howard, Barkley, Poulsen and Bandalovski are now all injured for the Final. Hopefully we've still got enough in the squad to beat, uhm... Leicester. :D

Edit: FA Cup won. Just.

I`ve never EVER played as Everton so i thought i would give it a shot.....I managed to get hold of Chamberlain(Arsenal) and Balotelli on season long loan deals and picked up a decent dutch CB and cannot believe how well this side has done so far. I am currently on a 11 match winning league streak at the start of the season after losing the opening game vs Fulham 3-1.

Before getting carried away with joy, i feel that a terrible run is just around the corner as i have been very lucky in at least 3 of those victories but hey, thats football :)

mhSWc.png

PcPZd.png

3oLMV.png

Damn Liverpool!!

I managed to win 15 straight EPL games in the 'above' Everton save but then i came unstuck at Anfield of all games.

I was 2-0 down at half time and getting pummeled, then something happened mid 2nd half. My players began playing well and i brought it back to 2-2 with an injury time equalizer through Jagielka....only for Kuyt to get the winner in the 3rd min of injury time :(

Oh well, i`m still very much in the hunt for a champions league spot.......come on the toffees :)

A pretty good transfer window for me in the summer of 2014.

In comes:

Steven Caulker - £1.8m

Moussa Sow - £5m

Kara - £6m

Lucas Andersen - Free

Out goes:

Distin & Osman - Retired

de Camargo - £650k

Gareth Barry - Released (Ridiculous wages demands)

Hopefully I can offload a couple more backups like Hibbert and Vellios.

Formation now looks like this:

GK - Howard/Mucha

DL - Baines/Masilela

DC - Heitinga/Caulker

DC - Clark/Yobo

DR - Bandalovski/Coleman

DMC- Kara/Ortigoza

MC - Barkley/Cahill

MC - Rodwell/Svensson

AML- Johnson/Gueye

AMR- Poulsen/Andersen

STR- Sow/Anichebe/Bangoura

Helluva first game of the new season - At Anfield!

After struggling to get into a save, I've decided to start with Everton.

They are probably my favourite Premier League club so it was an easy choice. Made a couple of signings, will post them up later and keep updating on my progress.

First season I'm looking for a solid mid-table finish, maybe sneaking into a European spot. A cup run would also be a bonus, although I'm going to give some of the younger lads a change in the League Cup.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just thought id post an update on my game with the new patch.

finished first season and ended up finishing 5th in the PL just 3 points off arsenal in 4th. My team was

-------------------------Howard

----------Neville - Jagielka - Heitinga - Baines

--------------------------Fellaini

-------------------Rodwell Barkley

----------Rochina ----------------------- Drenthe

----------------------Welbeck/Jelavic

Players ive bought for second season are junior hoilett on a free. I play counter attacking so now i have more pace which i lacked on the wings. Got Savic on loan from city to bolster defence. Got Romario from brazil to replace neville, barca were after this kid and he has a pace to burn. Bought Alexandre Merkel from AC milan for 1.5 milion to bolster midfield.

Started a new save after getting my new laptop. finances awful started with £0 transfer budget Man city made a bid of £6.5m for Howard i accepted,bought in the younger Yann sommer £1m upfront £2m over 48months. Also signed a Mexican winger Elias Hernandez 700k, being everton before i knew i would be losing £3m a month.

Currently in November and already in the red at this rate i will be like -20m in the red at end of season, so even if i finish 6th or 7th i will get somewhere around 12m so i will still be in the red come start of next season. How has anybody else done with the finances?

Performance wise playing great end of November in 3rd place and in quarter final of Carling cup. Jelavic has been fantastic 13 goals 10 in the league, im getting between 15 to 20 shots on goal a game plus good possession. I need a backup for Baines but with finances as they are i don't know how any suggestion's?

I need a backup for Baines but with finances as they are i don't know how any suggestion's?

Not sure his price on the new patch, but I picked up Renzetti from Padova in Serie B for about $750k spread over 48 months and a friendly. So far he has been a fantastic steal. Had a couple of injuries to Baines in first season and he stepped in immensely. At the end of the season, he had about 10 fewer starts than Baines, but a slightly higher avg rating and more tackles per game than Baines. Assists per game were just a bit less than Baines, but did have some beautiful threaded crosses for goals through out the season. He's about 23 at the beginning, so definitely has room to grow. Certainly a play that seems to play higher than his stats suggest. I used him as a FBL, set to automatic. Hope this helps.

Thanks but just checked and palermo have signed him doe's look good though. Probably wait to see who is out of contract at season end, also looking at selling someone to get some money in Arsenal are sniffing around fellaini they did offer £14m but rejected it as £9m of that was spread over 48months.

• 1 month later...

Started a game as Everton using the latest Weegie update. I have signed Mohammed Diame, Amara Diane and Zezinho all on free's.

I am currently in January first season and sitting 3rd in Premier League. Also in the semi finals of League Cup. I am playing a 4-4-1-1 formation, working quality.

I am thinking of selling Felliani and Yobo in January due to their high wages.

Anyone playing as Everton?

I just started a new Everton save and I'm currently using this tactic:

-------------Howard----------------

Coleman--Heitinga--Musacchio--Baines

----------Fellaini---Rodwell-------------

Osman-------Cahill-----------Albin-----

---------------Jelavic--------------------

Transfers in:

Musacchio

Dodo

Albin

for 7.25mio

Transfers out:

Distin

Anichebe (loan)

Mucha

for 6.75mio

I still need an AMR and perhaps an AML. I couldn't sign Hoilett on a free. Perhaps I should get Kalou.

P.S. I use a database where all the latest transfers are done.

Finished my first season, won League Cup and finished 4th in Premier League. Champions League football next season.

Looking for a Midfielder, Right and Left. Have got £16m too spend?

Evertons Champions League adventure begins, beat CSKA Moscow in playoff tie 5-3 on aggregate.

Champions League draw

FCP

Schalke

Fenerbache

Everton

I think we have a massive chance of getting out that group.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm into my first Everton Save of FM12. I'm into February and am 7 points clear after 22 Games. Into League Cup Final and F.A.Cup 5th round at moment. Using the Grid tactic. Loving it!!!

• 4 weeks later...
swisso could you repost your update as i cant download it

Sorry chief the link probably expired :(

I'm working on the official data for FM13, so it wouldn't really be sensible to release an unofficial download for FM12 with data intended for FM13 before it's released :D

All the players who are old enough to be included will be included :)

Russell Griffiths, Curtis Langton, Oliver Shannon, Gethin Jones, Jake Adelson, George Green, Courtney Duffus have all joined the U18s for next season.

And Harrison Heath is with us in the short-term, possibly just training and playing for the U18s for a season.

• 2 weeks later...

2nd season i didnt bother signing pienaar and drenthe, because they wanted high wages so i decided to use my youth. Got Ross Barkley on the right wing, hes ripping it up! 18 years old really impressed with him, also picked up ballack on a free. Shrewd signing such a useful player

• 3 weeks later...

So Swisso.....now FM13 is announced, care to give any hints as to how George Green looks (or how you've rated him). Not seen him play myself so not going to complain. Just i've heard lots of good things about him.

I know you mentioned before that you do watch some youth/reserve games - what do you think about him

He's fairly quick-ish, so you'll see this represented and as he's with the Everton U21s straight from Evertons U16s, essentially bypassing the U18s alltogether, he has a promising future here.

Don't expect him to be good enough for Evertons first team, he's a few years off yet!

Archived