FM12 Everton Thread - Getting out of a sticky situation

cemendur88

200px-Everton_FC_Crest-colour.svg.png

Everton Football Club are an English professional association football club from the city of Liverpool. The club competes in the Premier League, the highest level of English football. They have competed in the top division for a record 108 seasons, they have played more top-flight league games than any other English team and have won the League Championship nine times—the fourth highest of any team.Everton have remained in the top division since 1954, and were founding members of the Premier League in 1992.

goodison_park_aerial_view.jpg

Goodison Park - 40,157 all-seater stadium

Why Play As Everton?

Everton are a club in an interesting situation. They have one of the smaller squads in the Premier League, not helped by the loss of one of their start players in Arteta, and a lot of their key players are ageing. The club also has quite a few debts to play off and they start with a very small budget. You will lose money every month over the course of the season. The squad needs to be expanded, and older players to be replaced sooner rather than later.

They are helped by having a very good core of players, and some excellent younger prospects coming through. Their stadium is large and they have a high level of support. Their training and youth facilities are both excellent as well. The most expensive loan per-month will also be paid off in June 2013 so will only have to be dealt with for a couple of years.

David Moyes in real life has consistently got them finishing higher than their squad size and limited finances would imply, but can you take them forward and deal with the challenges in front of you?

Information

Media Prediction: 8th

Starting Finances:

evertonbudgets.png

Fierce Rivals: Liverpool

Stadium: Goodison Park - 40,157 all-seater stadium

Stadium Condition: Poor

Training Facilities: Top training facilities

Youth Facilities: Excellent Youth Facilities

The Squad

GOALKEEPERS

A strong part of the squad, good first choice and backups. Only really lacks a decent young prospect. No course of action needs to be taken here at the start of the game.

TIM HOWARD (32) - One of the first names on the team sheet, a top quality keeper and wil be around for a good few years.

JAN MURCHA (28) - Decent backup keeper, can definitely do the job between the posts when required. Not going to challenge Howard though.

MARCUS HAHNEMANN (39) - Third choice keeper, very experienced in the premiership, short term backup option.

Youth prospects - none

FULL BACKS

So-so positions for the club. Baines at left-back is world class, but right back is a bit weak. Injury to Coleman does not help matters.

SEAMUS COLEMAN (22) - Had a breakthrough season at the club last year, but unfortunately is out for 2-3 months at the start of the game. Should be first choice right back.

TONY HIBBERT (30) - Been at the club for a long time, can fill adequately for Coleman whilst he is injured. His age is against him though and you may want to look at replacing him at the end of the season.

PHIL NEVILLE (34) - Club captain and Mr. Versatility, he can play at RB and LB, as well as DM and MC. Provides decent cover for most positions, but again he is an ageing player.

LEIGHTON BAINES (26) - One of the club stars, excellent left back. Will have to fight off other clubs to keep him around.

Youth propsects - Luke Garbutt (18) looks like he could develop into a backup left back, but not really a Premier League quality player.

CENTRAL DEFENDERS

Good starting options, but lacks strength in depth. Distin is also the wrong side of 30. May want to look at getting a defender in to provide some cover, but not the highest priority.

PHIL JAGIELKA (28) - The rock in the centre. England international and top quality. Will need to hang on to him.

JOHN HEITINGA (27) - Good Dutch defender with well rounded skills, good partner to Jagielka.

SYLVAIN DISTIN (33) - Another good central defender, provides cover and can be rotated into the first team. Getting on a bit though and is in the last year of his contract.

ERIC DIER (17) - On loan from Sporting (POR). Decent prospect, but nowhere near good enough to even challenge for the first team. Probably best terminating his loan.

JOSEPH YOBO (30) - On loan at Fenerbache, good central defender but on expensive wages though luckily being payed by them. May want to offer him to clubs to add money to starting transfer budget and guarantee his sale.

Youth Prospects - Shane Duffy (19) looks a very good prospect so should probably be loaned out for a vital first team opportunity. Shkoran Mustafi (19) as well.

MIDFIELDERS

A strong part of the squad even taking into account the sale of Arteta. Nice versatility in many of the players, but again some ageing ones too.

MAROUANE FELLAINI (23) - Star defensive midfielder or central midfielder. A key player for the team for years to come.

JACK RODWELL (20) - Up and coming English central midfielder, good player already but still has bags of potential. Versatile and can play as a central midfielder or defensive midfielder.

ROSS BARKLEY (17) - Huge prospect, should be getting games from the off. Definitely a key player for the team for a good long time if you can keep hold of him.

TIM CAHILL (31) - Main attacking midfielder but can also play in central midfield. Good player, but getting on a bit at 31. Will need to look for a long term replacement for him at the end of the season.

LEON OSMAN (30) - Backup attacking midfielder who can also play on the right wing, again is an ageing player who will need a long term replacement at some point.

Youth Prospects - James Wallace (19) could develop into a backup player, but like Garbutt is not of Premier League quality.

WINGERS

By far the weakest part of the squad. No natural right wingers, and left wing players are decent but not great. Buy, buy buy!

ROYSON DRENTHE (24) - Good left winger on loan from Real Madrid. His 55k per week wages are the highest in the squad, may want to terminate his loan to free up your wage budget.

DINIYAR BILYALETDINOV (26) - Another good left winger, not going to set the world on fire though.

MAGAYE GUEYE (20) - Good young winger, who could become a very good Premier League one. Out for two months at the games start unfortuantely.

Youth prospects - none of note.

STRIKERS

LOUIS SAHA (32) - Your first choice striker. Very experienced, but you will want to get a replacement for him soon as he is 32 and his 50k a week contract is up at the end of the season. Don't bother to renew it.

DENIS STRACQUALURSI (23) - On loan from Tigre, provides decent cover for Saha. Not the most amazing striker but good squad player.

VICTOR ANCHIEBE (23) - Third choice striker, should probably look at off-loading him as he does not have the room to develop that much. Decent cover in first season.

JOSE BAXTER (19) - Has some potential, will need to be loaned out to really develop it.

Youth Prospects - Apostolos Vellios (19) has similar potential to Baxter, will also need to be loaned out to develop.

TRANSFER TARGETS

So the key areas of the squad to be improved at the two wings and up front. Defence is the next priority. Targets based on those in the FM2012 demo. Values to be offered over 48m due to small starting budget.

In

Wilfried (22) VITESSE - Good quality striker who can still improve, has a £2.5m release clause so definitely get him. Should become your first choice striker.

Giovanni Dos Santos (23) TOTTENHAM - Good right winger who you could get for around £4.5m.

Glenn Loovens (27) CELTIC - Transfer listed for £400k, decent backup central defender.

James McFadden (28) FREE - Has signed for Everton in real life, decent left winger.

Mateo Kovacic (17) DINAMO - Excellent attacking midfield prospect, I've had a bid of £1.1m accepted for him. Will join at beginning of next season due to his age.

Lucas Andersen (16) AaB - Another great attacking midfield prospect, had an offer for 825k accepted.

Jack Butland (18) BIRMINGHAM - Got him for £2.7m, the best young prospect English goalkeeper in the game. Get Howard tutoring him and he should develop into a great keeper. Not quite ready for first team.

Andreas Ivanschitz (27) MAINZ - Very good left winger, valued at £4.1m but available for around £3.4m.

Spas Delev (21) CSKA (SOFIA) - Annoyingly didn't notice him until Villa got him for £1.6m, looks like a good left winger. Cheap wages as well.

Out

Yobo - on expensive wages so don't really want him back from Fenerbache and his sale can help boost your transfer budget.

Saha - if you get Wilfried, Saha should be sold to make some money before he goes on a free at the end of the season. May have to pay some of his wages until then, but better than having the whole 50k per week on your budget.

Bilyaletdinov - I got both Guardado and Adam Lallana, who along with Gueye provide me with enough options down the left. Got 1.3m loan fee from Valencia with future fee of 4.7m. They are also paying his wages.

Mucha - Stuttgart bough him for £2.6m in my game, if you sell extend Hahnemann's contract to the end of the season. Use the cash on a young keeper like Butland.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tactics

The squad Everton has lends itself to two formations, the 4-5-1/4-3-3 and the 4-2-3-1.

4-5-1/4-3-3

evertontacticsoverview2.png

My personal favourite formation, combining attacking opportunities with defensive strength. The wingers are Advanced Playmakers (Attack). Central midfield roles depend on who I'm playing. If Cahill is played there I have him as an Advanced Playmaker, Barkley players as a Ball Winning Midfielder.

I play it with the following settings:

Philosohpy: Balanced

Strategy: Control

Passing Style: Default

Creative Freedom: Default

Closing Down: Press More

Tackling: More Cautious

Marking: Zonal Marking

Crossing: Drill Crosses

Roaming: More Roaming

4-2-3-1

evertontacticsoverview.png

My backup tactic, and one that suits Evertons players. Cahill and Osman take the attacking midfield role, with Fellaini, Rodwell, Barkley and Neville taking care of central midfield. Little bit more defensively vulnerable, but good attacking options with this tactic.

I use the same settings as for the 4-5-1/4-3-3:

Philosohpy: Balanced

Strategy: Control

Passing Style: Default

Creative Freedom: Default

Closing Down: Press More

Tackling: More Cautious

Marking: Zonal Marking

Crossing: Drill Crosses

Roaming: More Roaming

Was going to write this myself with a new custom database edit on release day because a few things will be missing from the release :D

I wouldn't terminate Diers loan, Sporting will accept a bid of around £400k and he has the potential to reach around Distins level, so worth the money when you can sell on for £millions later.

It's something I'm going to leave until the second season. Hibbert and Neville can rotate there at first, then Coleman once he comes back from injury. Next season I'll look at a solid RB to replace Hibbert as I'm going to sell my older players to keep the clubs finances up and replace them with cheaper, younger players. Can't wait to continue my demo save in the full game. Wilfried has been a legend, and Lallana who I signed has filled in well as Dos Santos has been injured.

I'll also update the opening post once the full game is out, should only need to add in McFadden I think.

I got Dos Santos on my demo save, 6 goals in 7 games playing as a right side inside forward.

Looking forward to seeing how Barkley will develop - i'm not sure his in game PA is as high as most evertonians would want, however data was locked before the researcher got to see him (and he was injured most of last year).

Good to see Coleman improved, although his technical skills are probably higher than they should be!

I wouldn't get rid of Hibbert, as you'd only get 2.5-3m for him, and its unlikely you'll find a replacement as good for that money (unless your investing in youth).

I wouldn't get rid of Hibbert, as you'd only get 2.5-3m for him, and its unlikely you'll find a replacement as good for that money (unless your investing in youth).

I plan to sell him at the end of the season, his high rating should hopefully help sell him. I will be investing in youth, with the amount of money you lose each month with Everton, selling the old guard and buying young is a good strategy to keep finances stable.

I really like the Narrow 4-2-3-1 formation, want to play with good players from the off but want a bit of a challenge, so the good squad with a lack of funds and wingers at Everton look to be a perfect match for me once I get the full game. I'll let you know if I find any bargains, as I'd rather build a team without any real stars.

EDIT - Having assessed the squad, I'll be looking to bring in a temporary replacement for Coleman at right back who is at least who more offensively capable than Hibbert and quicker than Neville, a proper replacement for Arteta (A playmaker to build the team around at AM, probably the most difficult signing on a budget), and perhaps a forward and some youth to eventually replace the players already in the team. It looks as if the entirety of Dinamo Zagreb's team would be a great bunch of signings, but I want to try and bring in British players wherever possible, so I'll see what the talent's like. One annoying thing is the fact that the big top flight clubs seem unwilling to loan me their youngsters (e.g. Sturridge/Welbeck) despite their being listed.

EDIT - Having assessed the squad, I'll be looking to bring in a temporary replacement for Coleman at right back who is at least who more offensively capable than Hibbert and quicker than Neville, a proper replacement for Arteta (A playmaker to build the team around at AM, probably the most difficult signing on a budget), and perhaps a forward and some youth to eventually replace the players already in the team. It looks as if the entirety of Dinamo Zagreb's team would be a great bunch of signings, but I want to try and bring in British players wherever possible, so I'll see what the talent's like. One annoying thing is the fact that the big top flight clubs seem unwilling to loan me their youngsters (e.g. Sturridge/Welbeck) despite their being listed.

Look at Mateo Kovacic as your new playmaker, cheap and young but won't join for a season but Cahill is good enough for now.

I got Dos Santos on my demo save, 6 goals in 7 games playing as a right side inside forward.

Looking forward to seeing how Barkley will develop - i'm not sure his in game PA is as high as most evertonians would want, however data was locked before the researcher got to see him (and he was injured most of last year).

Good to see Coleman improved, although his technical skills are probably higher than they should be!

Barkleys PA is a

it can't really get any higher :)

His fairly high CA of someone of 17 means that he should reach that PA.

Edit: removed data update for some changes

Willfried in. 2m with 1.5m over 48 months. Doesn't have a release clause in my version for some reason.

Carlos Diogo in. Free. Looks a top player. Wasn't sure I'd get him when Juve got involved, but he signed nonetheless.

Hibbert out. On loan to Newcastle for the season for 1m. Future fee of 4m. Pretty happy with that. Offered him out for 5m.

Bilyeletdinov (spelling) out. 1.25m upfront. 4.9m over 24 months. To West Brom. Offered him out for 7.5m.

I offered Saha out too, no bids but it made him very determined and he's smashed it pre season.

I like the Look of Denis Stracq on this. Few people don't seem to rate him on the game, but he looks useful. Thinking of sticking him up top with Willfried and playing some incredibly unattractive football.

Oh nice one Swisso, thanks for the unofficial data update :)

Good shout on Barkley. -9 is plenty......i mean, he has looked good, however is he as good as we all think he is, or are the blue tinted glasses on ;o)

When you look at some of the other top talents irl, Goetze, Eden Hazard etc, he hasn't shown anywhere near their quality in reality.

Excellant work on the database this year bud

given the toffee's budget issues.. here's a list of potential's for you that wont cost anything really..

carlos diogo

pillud

pat wome

gioda

luciano figueroa

kris nemeth

daniele conti (21yrs old.. decent backup)

degen

just a few i had a quick look at when considering playing as a team with no budget

This will be my first FM playing as Everton - I've always been to terrified in the past! Does anyone else find it funny that Everton start the game with 6 physios, and yet our squad always has injury issues IRL? =)

I'm going to try attempt to get through the first season with as close to the current team as possible - Tottenham have already unsettled Baines, so it is going to be interesting!

First thing i'd do is use the wage budget excess to tie Fellaini down to a longer deal, his value will plummet otherwise and you won't get a lot for him in the next season.

Baines will attract bids from Spurs, so set his asking price high to scare them off ;)

I've brought in Branescu (17yo Romanian GK) from Juventus for £900k and Eric Dier permanantly for £400k and Gilberto (35yo Brazilian MC) on a free transfer to add cover for Rodwell in the MC slot.

I was a bit reluctant but James Mcfadden turns out to be very useful. (even being very injury prone).

I suggest:

Gilberto (35yo - Free) as a great backup for Rodwell.

Shaqiri (19yo - 10M from Basel) as a great right winger who can play the left and center too.

Vossel (22yo - 2M from Genk) alternative to saha.

Nelson Oliveira (19yo - 3M from Benfica) wonderful prospect, certainly will become a complete striker.

Loovens (28yo - 0.4M from Celtic) handy.

Sold:

Bilyaletdinov - 4.7M to Sevilla

Distin - 1M to Wolves

Mucha - 2.1M to Spartak Moscow

Wallace - 0.5M to secundary team

Baxter - 1.7M to Derby

Yobo - 5M to Newcastle

So far so good, 6th at 7 games played, Liverpool and Tottenham already out of the way :)

Do Everton get bought out?

Whats the criteria anyone know? Are we stuck in the challenging perma frost that is

Personally I am wondering when the Collyers are going to invest ;)... Seriously fellas

I have taken a different approach I am selling EVERYONE... so who to go for?

Howard

Rodwell

Barkley

staying everyone else is going for whatever I can get... so that £1 mil for Duffy to £20 mil for Fellani... I am going to be relegated arent I?

Seriously though, the rot stops now, who do I get blues and assorted hangers on?!?

Just started my save with Everton, went a bit gung ho with my transfer activity but the early signs is that it's working:

evertontransfershistory.png

Wilfried is a monster of a player, along with Kadlec and Gioda is a bargain for back up. I also sold Yobo for £3.5m but it won't go through until July 2012.

RESULTS SO FAR:

A Arsenal 1-2

H Blackburn 6-0

H Oldham 6-0 (LC)

A Swansea 4-1

H Stoke 2-0

A Bolton 2-0

A West Ham 4-2 (LC)

H Man City 6-3 (What a game this was, hammered them!)

Going good was alittle unlucky against Arsenal, early days but I'm enjoying it. Playing a 4-4-2 with a DM, CM, AML and AMR with 2 out and out stikers.

Being an Everton fan i have started nearly every FM with them however this year has been the best start i have made with them

I decided to keep the base of the team together and the only player that i sold was Mucha for £3 million to Anzhi, i also then used my budget to bring in Dos Santos from Tottenham for £4 million and Rochina from Blackburn for £1.3 million (250k up front the rest in installments and appearance fee's) For my full transfers here is the screenshot;

350ur1h.png

Pre Season went ok with me using mainly only fringe and youth players, my only loss was to Lille at home 3-1.

2vmdafr.png

After this i further tweaked my own 4-2-3-1 formation by changing tempo, width and defensive line. This is what my tactic looks like;

era6ht.png

After a good pre season i was looking forward to the first game of season and what i thought would be a win but unfortunately we started the season with a 2-0 loss to Blackburn, however since then we are undefeated and lie in 3rd place in the league, much higher than i expected to be in the league. Stars of the season so far would be Saha and Baines who have contributed towards the majority of the goals we have scored.

2qk845w.png

Blasted through my first season over the weekend. Finished fourth but felt like I’d been relegated at the end of it!

We were 2nd for the majority of the season. After a 1-0 defeat in the League Cup final against Liverpool (Kuyt 90+3!!) we started to wobble and never recovered. We had a second chance for silverware after an epic 4-3 victory over City in the FA Cup semi. Only to be beaten 1-0 by Leicester in the final, Jermaine Beckford of all people got the goal.

I can say however that that was the most entertaining season I have ever had on Football/Champ Manager since I’ve been playing the games.

We beat both City and Arsenal 4-0 at home, which was great. The low point apart from the final defeats was a 5-0 spanking at Anfield.

I’ve done a serious amount of wheeling and dealing and have now built a side capable of challenging for the title. In the second season we’re 3rd in the league after 15 games with Arsenal and City above us only on goal difference.

My method of generating cash at a club with a poor financial standing is to bring players in with the intention of selling them later.

I started the first season with a budget of 2m.

I’ll break down the transfers below...

OUT Pre-Season (1st Season)

Bilyaletdinov – 1.25m with 4.9m over 24 months, to WBA

Hibbert – 1m (loan) to Newcastle

IN Pre-Season (1st Season)

Carlos Diogo – Free

Wilfried – 2m with 1.5m over 48 months, from Vitesse

Vennegoor of Hesselink – Free

Emre Can – 800k from Bayern Munich

Erick Torres – 1m with 2.5m over 48 months, from Chivas. Can play attacking midfield or upfront. I play him as an inside forward behind the striker(s).

Erick Torres has grown into a fantastic player, not sure if he’s got a fixed PA but if he’s as good in your version as he is in mine then he’s a must buy!

Wilfried was fantastic first season. He misses a lot of chances but he usually creates them for himself anyway.. He notched 16 league goals in 30 games and 25 goals in all competitions.

OUT January (1st Season)

Carlos Diogo – 7.5m to At. Madrid. Great business considering he cost nothing!

Victor Ancihebe – 400k (loan), to Parma

Magaye Gueye – 150k (loan), to Leeds

Jan Mucha – 3m to Lokomotiv Moscow

IN January (1st Season)

Jean-Francois Kornetzky – Free. Ageing keeper brought in as cover.

Ibrahim Afellay – 2m with 4m over 48 months, from Barcelona. (transfer listed)

Marco Verratti – 800k with 1m over 24 months

The most important thing for me in January is get on to players with expiring contracts.

I arranged four deals in January with players who had 6 months left on their contacts. Not sure whether I’ll keep them or sell them. Depends how they get on. They are listed below;

Julian Schieber from Stuttgart. Powerful German Striker. Worth 5.2m once he’d signed for Everton.

Nicolas Lodeiro from Ajax. Well rounded attacking midfielder. Worth 5m once he’d signed.

Alberto Paloschi from Chievo. Fantastic poacher with plenty of pace. Worth 4m once he’d signed.

Stefano Celozzi from Stuttgart. Solid right back. About the same level of ability as Coleman. Worth 3.7m after joining.

I also parted with Saha via mutual termination after he became a massive pain in the arse to have around the club.

As I started as Everton to bed myself in and get used to the new game I’ve taken a gamble financially after a great first season. I’ve brought in some amazing players but if we don’t have a successful campaign we could be in trouble!

I promised the board continental qualification and was given 25m to spend.

OUT Pre-Season (2nd Season)

Joseph Yobo – 5m over 48 months to Newcastle

John Heitinga – 15m to Napoli

Tony Hibbert – 1.8m to Newcastle

Jose Baxter – 1.5m to Southampton

Ibrahim Afellay – 10m to Inter Milan. He was crap for the 6 months while he was here. Averaging 6.72 in his favoured position. Thought it was best to shift him before his stock dropped. Shame really, have had some great seasons from him in past versions.

IN Pre-Season (2nd Season)

Julian Schieber – Free from Stuttgart. (Agreed in Jan)

Alberto Paloschi – Free from Chievo. (Agreed in Jan)

Nicolas Lodeiro – Free from Ajax - (Agreed in Jan)

Stefano Celozzi – Free from Stuttgart. (Agreed in Jan)

Leandro Damiao – 10m upfront with 10m over 48 months from Internacional

Fernando Gago – 1m with 2.5 over 48 months from Real Madrid (transfer listed)

Felipe – 550k from Fiorentina (transfer listed)

Younes Kaboul – 1m with 2.2m over 48 months (transfer listed)

Lucas Moura – 5m upfront with 32m over over 48 months. A lot, I know!

Isaac Vorsah – 2.5m upfront with 5m over 48 months.

Sedou Keita – on loan from Barcelona for the season. 475k fee with a future fee of 1.8m should we want to keep him.

Carlos Fierro – 1.3m compensation to Chivas. I agreed a contract with him at the very start of the game but he couldn’t leave Mexico until he turned 18. He’s a very talented young striker and I would highly recommend getting in early with him. Steve Round thinks he can be better than Leandro Damiao and has given him a 5 star potential rating. 2 star CA.

Hard to envisage Everton spending 75m next season IRL but that’s why I love this game!

Sorry for the lack of screen shots but I'm at work going cold turkey!

Just started my save with Everton, went a bit gung ho with my transfer activity but the early signs is that it's working:

Wilfried is a monster of a player, along with Kadlec and Gioda is a bargain for back up. I also sold Yobo for £3.5m but it won't go through until July 2012.

RESULTS SO FAR:

A Arsenal 1-2

H Blackburn 6-0

H Oldham 6-0 (LC)

A Swansea 4-1

H Stoke 2-0

A Bolton 2-0

A West Ham 4-2 (LC)

Going good was alittle unlucky against Arsenal, early days but I'm enjoying it. Playing a 4-4-2 with a DM, CM, AML and AMR with 2 out and out stikers.

what leagues need loaded to sign wilfried / gioda etc ?

My method of generating cash at a club with a poor financial standing is to bring players in with the intention of selling them later.

I arranged four deals in January (1st season) with players who had 6 months left on their contacts. Not sure whether I’ll keep them or sell them. Depends how they get on. They are listed below;

Julian Schieber from Stuttgart. Powerful German Striker. Worth 5.2m once he’d signed for Everton.

Nicolas Lodeiro from Ajax. Well rounded attacking midfielder. Worth 5m once he’d signed.

Alberto Paloschi from Chievo. Fantastic poacher with plenty of pace. Worth 4m once he’d signed.

Stefano Celozzi from Stuttgart. Solid right back. About the same level of ability as Coleman. Worth 3.7m after joining.

Sold Julian Schieber for 6.75m upfront and Nicolas Lodeiro for 9m over 24 months. Decent!

having a fun time in charge of Everton - my first save since buying the game yesterday. In my first season i finished fourth , and just finished second season there where i finished 5th.

I will post SS of my transfers ( this has been key to my respectable position ) once my steam network has sorted itself out. As have been my tactics which il also post up.

Everton is such a challenge because they have little money even with my "success" my transfer budget remains around the £4m mark , however i am getting most of the money i make on selling players.

RESULTS SO FAR:

A Arsenal 1-2

H Blackburn 6-0

H Oldham 6-0 (LC)

A Swansea 4-1

H Stoke 2-0

A Bolton 2-0

A West Ham 4-2 (LC)

What an amazing first season, but I think it's more down to this year's game being quite easy. FA Cup and League Cup win and 3rd in the league with 86 points. But then this happened, the first time ever. It will make it even easier but I'm going to enjoy it. Billy Liar sorted Everton out in my game!

robertnewtonnewsinbox5.png

what leagues need loaded to sign wilfried / gioda etc ?

Large database. Continetal players loaded from all over the world. With 15 different countries on full detail and about 28 leagues in total including all the major and mid range Europen Leagues as well as Brazil and Argentina. Around 60,000 players loaded.

Finally Started with good old Everton.

Did my usual of ripping the team apart/get rid of old & or rubbish & start again.

Sold -

Mucha - £3m

Hibbert - £1.1m Loan , £3.9m Future Fee

Distin - £2m

Neville - £1m Loan, £2m Future Fee

Osman - £3.7m

Billy - £6m

Cahill - £8.5m

Anichebe - £1m Loan, £4m Future Fee

Cancelled 3 Loan players to save on wages.

Bought -

Vrsaljko - £1m

Butland - £1.5m

Subotic - £12.75m

Vertonghen - £8m

Digne - £1.4m

Badelj - £4m

M. Henriksen - £3m

L. Andersen - £1m

Shaqiri - £9.75m

Wilfried ( Spelling??? ) £2.5m

Doumbia - £17m ( Looks & Plays unbelievable ).

Team looks good. Most Transfers done over 48 months. Still need another Winger, but no luck. Saha wont leave even on a free. Need to get rid of his wages. Baines & fellaini need new contracts. Got a Chinese Feeder Club to hopefully bring in some more dough.

Good mix of youth & experience. Hopefully get near 4th & win a cup. Wont do anymore 48 month deals as it will screw club up over time. Come on you Toffee's!!!

Team -

Gk - Howard/Butland

Dr - Coleman/Vrsaljko/Heitinga

Dl - Baines/Vertonghen/Digne

Dc - Jags/Heitinga

Dc - Subotic/Vertonghen

Mc - Fellaini/Barkley

Mc - Rodwell/Badelj/Henriksen

Amr - Shaqiri/Andersen/Coleman

Aml - Not Sure Yet. Need to buy. Willian etc... Have rejected so far. Need 2 Players.

St - Doumbia/Wilfried

Archived