FM12 Everton Thread - Getting out of a sticky situation

cemendur88

Not sure if anyone is still reading this thread but il post anyway; i was born in liverpool but live in hull, i support liverpool but really wanted to have a game with everton, strange ino lol but wanted to try and get them into europe before fm 13 comes out;

Pre season went well, results; vs under 18's 5-0, vs everton chile 1-1, vs aldershot 6-0, vs preston 3-1, vs juventus 2-1, vs chelsea 5-2, vs liverpool 2-0.

Overall very happy with how pre season went..

The players i brought in; Oguzhan Ozyakup on loan from arsenal (currently have a lot of cm out injured so needed cover), Jordan Bowery 130k (young prospect), Wilfried Zaha 7mil (expensive signing but hopefully will be a future star, scored on his premier league debut). Players out; Joao Silva, Junior, James Wallace, Shane Duffy, Victor Anichebe, Ty Browning, Conor McAleny. All Loaned out no one sold.

Currently sit 7th in the league after 4 games :)

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have decided on a game with Everton, having never played with them before, I thought it might be interesting as a last save before FM13. (I had started a Man United Save but that crashed during saving and is no more.)

Anyway. I decided to chance my arm and select continental qualification through league position, this meant I was given £9m to spend on new players. With a little adjustment I got this up to £10m.

The first thing I took into account was the relatively small squad Everton had, I wanted to pad this out without spending over the odds so I took a look first at the free agents list. Three players have come in from here.

John Mensah

Owen Hargreaves

Carlos Diogo

Next I perused the Loan list. Bids for Danny Welbeck and Javier Hernandez were knocked back by the players. However Gerard Deulofeu from Barcelona has joined on a season long loan.

Finally I looked at the transfer market. From here two players have been signed

Jermaine Jenas for £2.7m from Tottenham to add extra weight in midfield and Wilfried Zaha for £6.25m from Crystal Palace as a star for the future.

I have set up a 4-1-2-2-1 formation.

GK - Tim Howard

FBR - Carlos Diogo/Tony Hibbert

WBL - Leighton Baines/Phil Neville/Bryan Oviedo

CB - Phil Jagielka/Sylvian Distin

CB - John Mensah/Jonny Heitinga

DMC - Owen Hargreaves/Vadis Odidija/Phil Neville (Set as either DLP or AM dependent on the opposition)

MCR - Marouane Fellani/Jermain Jenas (BTB Midfielder)

MCL - Darron Gibson/Leon Osman/Ross Barkley (Standard central midfield player (support))

AMR - Kevin Mirallas/Wilfried Zaha/Steven Naismith (IF Attack)

AML - Steven Pienaar/Steven Naismith/Kevin Mirallas/Magaye Gueye (AP Support_

FC - Nikica Jelavic/Kevin Mirallas/Victor Anichebe

Results so Far:

Prem: VS Liverpool (A) (L) 1-2 (Jelavic) - A very tough loss to take as we dominated possession and attempts on goal but went down to two Steven Gerrard goals including a soft penalty

Prem: VS Norwich (H) (W) 4-0 (Mirallas, Pienaar, Mensah, Jagielka) - A good team performance as Norwich are brushed aside. We kept up our level of performance from the last match, but we converted our chances.

LC: VS Ipswich (H) (W) 5-1 (Anichebe(3), Distin(2)) - Another good performance, this time from a second string side in the league cup against lower league opposition.

Prem: VS Southampton (A) (W) 0-2 (Naismith(2)) - A tough game against the Premier League new boys but two second half goals by substitute Naismith gave us the win.

Prem: VS Wigan (H) (W) 1-0 (Mirallas) - A hard fought home win against a dogged Wigan. We again dominated possession but just could not break them down until a piece of magic Mirallas settled it deep in stoppage time.

Prem: VS Reading (A) (W) 1-0 (Mirallas) - That man Mirallas does it again popping up after 20 minutes to slam home a corner from Baines. However for the rest of the game we rely on some great defensive work to keep Reading at bay.

LC: VS Tottenham (A) L (1-1) - A game that we should never have lost however once again with a second string side we struggled to convert chances and allowed ourselves to get drawn into the lottery of a penalty shoot out.

Prem: VS Chelsea (H) (W) 5-0 (Gueye, Jelavic(4)) - We caught Chelsea at an opportune time, they are languishing in 15th place in the league and Jelavic took full advantage of this by taking their defense to the cleaners

Prem: VS Manchester United (A) (W) 0-3 (Pienaar, Jelavic, Hargreaves) - A great counter attacking and defensive performance at Old Trafford we had four shots on goal and scored three times. We with stood massive pressure, with Tim Howard saving a Rooney penalty in the first half with the score only 1-0.

Prem: VS Aston Villa (H) (D) 2-2 (Fellani, Hargreaves) - Our winning run came to an end as Agbonlahor struck twice for Villa.

Prem: VS Newcastle (A) (W) 1-0 (Pienaar) - Another clean sheet and another victory.

November/December Update:

Results:

Prem: West Ham (H) (D) 0-0 - A tough home game against the hammers as we kept them at bay but failed to convert the chances we created.

Prem: Q.P.R (A) (W) 0-2 (Barkley, Cesar(OG)) - Another clean sheet and another victory for us away from home as we took advantage of a strong defensive foundation.

Prem: Swansea (H) (W) 5-0 (Jagielka, Jelavic(2), Mirallas, Hargreaves) - A big victory for us as Swansea could not handle our attacking movement. Jelavic was immense scoring twice in the first half before coming off injured. Owen Hargreaves kept up his good form.

Prem: Stoke (A) (W) 2-0 (Jenas, Jelavic) - Fifth clean sheet in a row as we keep up our good form, Jelavic returns from a slight strain to score again keeping himself in the hunt for the golden boot.

Prem: Tottenham (H) (W) 4-0 - (Zaha(2), Hargreaves, Osman) - Revenge for us as we keep Tottenham at bay but unlike our earlier Capital One Cup tie, we take our chances. Wilfried Zaha gets his first goals for the club.

Prem: Fulham (H) (W) 4-0 (Gueye(2), Barkley, Mirallas) - We took advantage of the squad in this game to give some players a break over the busy Christmas period and the players did not disappoint. Tim Howard kept his seventh clean sheet on the bounce.

Prem: Manchester City (A) (D) 1-1 (Jelavic) - A game in which we were dominated but were unlucky not to win, we lead for 3/4's of the game before Aguero scored late on, we also had a perfectly good goal disallowed for offside. However a point at Eastlands is a great result.

Prem: Sunderland (A) (W) 2-0 (Jelavic(2)) - A win that lead to Martin O'Neil being sacked by Sunderland and took us to the top of the league as City lost 2-1 to Tottenham. Jelavic the goalscorer again.

Prem: WBA (H) (W) 2-0 (Osman, Mirallas) - Again a team with some rotation as Osman and Mirallas get the goals to defeat a stubborn West Brom Team and keep our good run going.

Prem: Arsenal (H) (L) 0-1 - We finally lose as Arsenal passed us off the pitch. Walcott scoring the only goal of the game.

A good couple of months only a final game loss to Arsenal taking some gloss away from it. However we go in to the new year top of the league a point above Manchester City. It would be great for us to stay here but we have some tough matches to come.

Started an Everton save a couple of weeks back (with the new transfer update), and had an absolutely fantastic first season.

League Table

League_zps5eb98375.png

We won the league!.. with a bit of help form West Brom.. Manchester City were drawing 1-1 and on course for the title, until West Brom's Claudio Yacob scored a 95th minute winner to give us the title! :D

Capital One Cup

LeagueCupfinal_zps2391e3d5.png

Beat a soon-to-be relegated Fulham with ease to win the Capital One Cup. Steven Naismith, who was my top scorer with 25 in all competitions, with both goals.. but we're not done yet:

FA Cup

FACupfinal_zps452ada9d.png

Rounded off a glorious treble by, yet again, brushing a relegated Fulham aside. This time, the inconsistent Nikica Jelavic got himself a brace and Schwarzer scored an own-goal.

My Player of the season was, without a doubt, Steven Pienaar. He was absolutely superb throughout the entire season, and finished with 15 goals and 32 assists in 58 games in all competitions. Young Player of the Season was Ross Barkley, who really surprised me with 12 goals and 14 assists in 38 appearances in all competitions.

Going into Season two, I sold John Heitinga for £10M to Marseille. Wasn't first-choice for me last season, and with Shane Duffy, Phil Jagielka and Kyle Bartley all in the squad, I doubt he'll be missed. Brought in James Rodriguez from Porto for a measly £5M (repaid it almost instantly with a brace in the Merseyside Derby at Anfield in the first game of the season to win it), Javier Hernández on loan from Manchester United (£6M agreed fee if he impresses), Sergi Roberto (who looks a great talent, 3 1/2* potential) from Barcelona for £925k and Rafael Bracalli for £550k from Porto to play second-fiddle to Tim Howard. So far in the league, it's 8 wins in our first 8 games, including a 5-1 win against Manchester United!

what kind of tactics/formations you playing Anxiietyyy?

Had anyone buy the club yet? :)

I used a 4-2-3-1 in every game of last season. Inside-forward > Support on the left, Advanced Playmaker > Support on the right. Both set to 'move into channels'. Worked a blood charm! No, not had anyone buy the club yet and it doesn't seem to matter! I had a £23M transfer budget going into Season two!

January/February Update:

Transfers:

Jermain Defoe - £3.8m - Tottenham - Some much valued experience at the top end of the field to give Jelavic some competition. Victor Aniechebe has not played well when called upon thus far this season and as I only play one up front he will more than likely be sold in the next window.

Results:

Prem: VS Liverpool (H) (W) 5-0 (Heitinga, Fellaini, Jagielka, Mirallas, Jenas) - Redemption! A great result against our neighbours and making up for the horror of losing the opening game against then after dominatating. Tim Howard and Phil Jagielka were immense again at the back keeping them at bay as we scored from every shot we had,

FA: VS Leeds (A) (W) 0-2 (Kenny(OG), Gueye) - First game in the FA cup and a win for us. A potentially tricky game against Leeds at Elland Road, but a second string team were more than a match for the championship side.

Prem: VS Norwich (A) (W) 3-1 (Jelavic, Osman, Heitinga) - Jelavic returns to the team after a two game absence with a goal as Norwich are dispatched to send us back to the top of the table.

Prem: VS Southampton (H) (W) 5-1 (Jelavic(2), Heitinga(2) Zaha) - Bottom of the table Southampton are put to the sword another two for Jelavic and more goals for Heitinga who is proving a massive threat from set pieces over the last few games.

FA: VS Blackburn (A) (W) 0-1 (Jelavic) - A tough match against another Championship team that needed a late goal from substitute Jelavic to settle.

Prem: VS Wigan (A) (D) 1-1 (Distin) - A draw against a hardworking Wigan side keeps us unbeaten but allows Man City to go back above us at the top of the league.

Prem: VS Reading (H) (W) 2-0 (Mirallas, Jelavic) - Mirallas comes back on to the score sheet in this game as we keep up our great run of form. The further we go into the season at the top the more the expectation increases.

Prem: VS Manchester United (H) (D) 1-1 (Defoe) - A debut goal for the £3.8m signing from Tottenham Jermain Defoe is not enough to beat United as they peg us back with a late Rooney equalizer but we remain unbeaten.

FA: VS Swansea (H) (W) 2-0 (Naismith, Gueye) - First Premiership opponents in the FA cup but same outcome another victory and clean sheet for us.

Prem: VS Chelsea (A) (W) 0-3 (Defoe(3)) - A good away victory over the European Champions, however they are struggling in the middle of the table so it wasn't as unexpected as may be thought. A first Everton treble for Jermain Defore doing the damage.

Another excellent period for us that sees us Top the table by 4 points with 12 games to go. Only 10 goals against so far shows the massive importance of our defense in this run and it will be a real shame if both Jagielka and Howard are not up for individual awards come the end of this season.

Defoe came in on the final day of the transfer window and has made an immediate impact with four goals in three starts, and we continue on in the FA Cup.

March/April/May Update

Results:

Prem: VS Aston Villa (A) (W) 0-1 (Jelavic) - Another 1-0 victory for us keeps up the pressure at the top of the season and Jelavic continues to score when called on.

Prem: VS Newcastle United (H) (W) 1-0 (Jelavic) - Carbon copy of above.

Prem: VS Tottenham (A) (W) 0-5 (Fellaini, Jelavic(2), Naismith, Odidja) - A great away performance that was helped massively by Lloris being sent off early in the first half and two penalties for us.

FA: VS QPR (A) (D) 2-2 (Zaha, Naismith) - An error from Tim Howard led to this draw as we should have put the game to bed early on, but will now need a replay to continue on.

Prem: VS West Ham (A) (L) 0-1 - A game where we gave away victory and just could not score. Letting Man City re-take the lead in the title race.

FA: VS QPR (H) (W) 3-0 (Pienaar, Naismith, Osman) - A much better performance in the replay against QPR.

Prem: VS QPR (H) (D) 2-2 (Defoe, Fellaini) - Third game in quick succession against QPR and another draw. They had turned out to be much tougher than expected.

Prem: VS Swansea (A) (W) 1-0 (Heitinga) - Vorm was in special form in this game as a 86th minute bundled Heitinga goal gave us a thoroughly deserved victory and took as back to the top as Man City could only draw with Arsenal.

Prem: VS Fulham (A) (L) 1-0 - Another defeat in this period by a goal to nil was thankfully not punished as City went down 1-0 to Spurs, keeping us ahead of them by two points.

FA: VS Watford (N) (W) 2-1 - (Pienaar, Gueye) - A place in the Final is our reward for a hard fought victory over a good Watford team, we will face Arsenal at Wembley in the final. First though the title. Hopefully.

Prem: VS Stoke (H) (W) 4-0 (Defoe, Pienaar, Jenas, Heitinga) - A good performance that could have been double figures against Stoke. Baines had a storming game providing the assist for all four goals.

Prem: VS Man City (H) (W) 3-0 (Fellaini(3)) - Fellaini had a special match as Hargreaves nullified their attacking threat allowing him to get forward and score his first premiership hat-trick. One step closer to the title as we go five clear of city with three games left to play.

Prem: VS WBA (A) (D) 0-0 - A stalemate as some big names were rested after two games in two days. We stay two ahead of City and the title is our hands.

Prem: VS Sunderland (H) (W) 3-0 (Diogo, Defoe(2)) - We go in to the final game of the season still 2 points up on City with a big lead in terms of goal difference.

FA: VS Arsenal (N) (W) 3-0 (Jelavic, Mirallas, Heitinga) - A first trophy for Everton after a great second half performance saw us hold Arsenal at bay and score three counter attack goals.

Prem: VS Arsenal (A) (W) 0-3 (Defoe(3)) - The Title is ours! Almost a carbon copy of the FA cup final, only this time Defoe claimed a hat-trick.

End of season:

Premiership:

Winners: Everton

Champions League: Everton, Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea.

Europa League: Liverpool, Arsenal, Stoke

Relegated: Wigan, Reading, Norwich.

A stunning League season for us see us take the title to Merseyside at the expense of Manchester City. A late rally from Chelsea saw them pip Arsenal to the final UCL spot and Wigan's Premiership run finally came to an End as they finished rock bottom.

FA Cup:

Runners-Up: Arsenal

A League and Cup double for us. Despite a relatively easy run to the final where we faced no real big sides and only two Premiership teams until we met Arsenal, we can be proud of our performance in the final.

Capital One Cup:

Winners: Stoke

Runners-Up: QPR

We went out pretty early in this competition losing on Penalties to Spurs and that is how the final was also decided as Stoke defeated QPR via penalty Shoot out to win the trophy.

Individual and Team Awards:

Top Scorers:

1: Wayne Rooney 35

2: Emmanual Adebayor 22

3: Nikica Jelavic 21

Most Assists:

1: David Silva 18

= 2: Steven Pienaar 16

= 2: Leighton Baines 16

Clean Sheets:

1: Tim Howard 26

2: Joe Hart 21

3: David De Gea 18

Man of the Match Awards:

1: Wayne Rooney 9

2: Ryan Shawcross 6

3: Demba Ba 5

Players Player of the Year:

1: Marouane Fellaini

2: Carlos Tevez

3: Ashley Young

Footballer of the Year:

1: Wayne Rooney

2: Steven Pienaar

3: David Silva

Players Young Player of the Year:

1: Juan Mata

2: Javier Hernandez

3: Samir Nasri

Manager of the Year:

1: Me

2: Michael Laudrup

3: Roberto Di Matteo

Signing of The Season:

Owen Hargreaves (£0) - Everton

Carlos Diogo (£0) - Everton

Pre Season and August/September Update:

We start off a new season with the expectation of making the Europa League through the League, it would be great to challenge for the title again but we have spent nowhere near as much as the other big teams around us. However we will do our best with the resources we have. At the start of the season we were given a budget of £14m.

Transfers in:

Sergio Canalas - Valencia - £4.8m

Ruben Godeas - River - £900k

Claude Le Roy - Stade Rennais - £3.5m

Asmir Begovic - Stoke - £2.9m

Hervin Ongenda - PSG - £2m

Isaac Cuenca - Barcelona - Loan

Transfers Out:

Darron Gibson - Sunderland - £1m

Shane Duffy - West Brom - £2.5m

Sylvain Distin - West Brom - £700k

Jan Mucha - Malaga - £1m

Current Senior Squad

Asmir Begovic

Tim Howard

John Heitinga

Tony Hibbert

Phil Neville

John Mensah

Phil Jagielka ©

Carlos Diogo

Seamus Coleman

Leighton Baines (VC)

Bryan Oviedo

Owen Hargreaves

Marouane Fellaini

Jermaine Jenas

Magaye Gueye

Ross Barkley

Leon Osman

Steven Pienaar

Sergio Canales

Isaac Cuenca

Victor Anichebe (Transfer Listed)

Steven Naismith

Kevin Mirallas

Wifried Zaha

Jermain Defoe

Nikica Jelavic

Formation we will continue with what did us so well last season a 4-1-2-2-1 formation with the following instruction set up

GK - Sweeper keeper - Support

FBR - Full back - Support

CB - Central Defender - Defend

CB - Central Defender - Defend

WBL - Wing Back - Automatic

DMC - Deep lying play maker - Support

MC - Box to Box midfielder - Support

MC - Central Midfielder - Support

AMR - Inside Forward - Attack

AML - Advanced play maker - Support

FC - Poacher - Attack

Friendlies:

We toured Belgium with three wins out of three against Anderlecht (2-0), Zulte Waregem (1-0) and Lommel United (3-0)

August/September results:

CS: VS Man City (N) (D) 1-1 (Defoe) - We opened the season with a penalty victory over Man City at Wembley winning 5-6 after Kompany missed for them.

Prem: VS Liverpool (H) (D) 1-1 (Jagielka) - As last season we began with the Merseyside derby, as last season we dominated the game, as last season we failed to win, but we can take heart from the performance.

Prem: VS Blackburn (A) (W) 0-4 (Defoe(2), Robinson(OG), Mirallas) - A easy away victory in a game where Defoe struck twice as well as hitting the post three times (one of which rebounded back into the net from Robinson.

Prem: VS QPR (H) (W) 2-0 (Barkley(2)) - A mature performance from 18 year Barkley showed why he had started the season as first choice in the middle of the park ahead of Jenas. Two goals either side of half time enough to give us the victory.

Prem VS Wolves (A) (W) 2-3 (Zaha, Defoe, Barkley) - A nightmare start saw us 2-0 down after just 11 minutes, however from that point we dominated the game carving Wolves open with ease. Zaha pulled one back on the stroke of half time, before Defoe bought us level with 25 minutes to play. We looked like collecting a point until a 93rd minute diving header from Barkley gave us the win we deserved.

UCL: VS Besiktas (H) (W) 3-1 (Defoe(2), Baines) - Our first ever Champions League match and one we had to come from behind in again. Defoe kept up his excellent start to the season and is keeping Jelavic on the bench at the moment.

Prem: VS Man City (H) (W) 2-1 (Cuenca, Naismith) - Another come from behind victory as we keep up our good recent run over City. Naismith bagging the winner from the penalty spot after Yaya Toure had brought down Cuenca.

LC: VS Bury (A) (W) 0-4 (Mirallas(3), Sodje(OG)) - A second string/youth side had a easy day at the office as we dispatched the lower league side comfortably

Prem: VS Chelsea (A) (L) 1-0 - A good performance that just lacked that cutting edge and early Lukaku goal our undoing.

Overall a decent start to the season that see's us up there in the mix. The only downside so far is Jelavic's struggle to find the net so far. Thankfully Defoe has taken up the slack and is firing on all cylinders.

End of Transfer Window.

Players In.

Carlos Diogo - Free

Adam Vass - £1.2m

Darwin Quintero - £2.2m

Andile Jali - £1m

Jack Butland - £3.5m

Players Out.

Victor Anichebe - Season long loan

Leon Osman - Season long loan

Luke Garbutt - Loan

Tim Howard - £4.6m

I'm about to start my seventh season with Everton and I was wondering how people have been developing Shane Duffy and Ross Barkley. How well they have developed. Both were first team regulars for me in my previous season. They look like this:

35a7oty.png

34j69mx.png

I found that Shane Duffy was surplus to my requirements, however. Ross Barkley has been excellent when called upon and looks like he will be a major star for the future, though I am only 3 months into the second season with Everton.

October/November update:

Results:

UCL: VS Lyon (A) (W) 0-1 (Barkley) - A 30 yard wonder strike from Ross Barkley was enough to win any game, and it proved so as it won this one.

Prem: VS West Brom (H) (W) 3-1 (Cuenca, Pienaar, Jelavic) - We eased to victory in this one, bouncing back from our previous loss to Chelsea. Cuenca continues to impress when played.

Prem: VS Sunderland (H) (W) 3-0 (Fellaini(2), Defoe) - Another clean sheet for Tim Howard as we completely nullified their attacking intent scoring three times from four attempts.

UCL: VS Atletico Madrid (A) (W) 3-4 - WHAT A COMEBACK! 3-0 down after 30 mins and playing awful, Defoe pulled one back just before half time and I thought we would be playing for pride, the team had other ideas. Mirallas got us back to 3-2 after 73 minutes. Almost immediately from kick off Defoe broke the offside trap to equalise. Then with the game petering out Barkely arrived in the 92nd minute to volley home after Heitinga's header had it the bar.

Prem: VS Arsenal (A) (W) 0-2 (Naismith(2)) - Naismith has been a bit part player for me but was the difference here as he started upfront for the first time this season. Surprisingly Arsenal did not trouble Tim Howard and he claimed another clean sheet.

LC: VS Norwich (H) (L) 0-4 - An experiment in youth was thoroughly destroyed. 0-3 down at half time and a man light. The team all the way through were not good enough.

Prem: VS Millwall (A) (W) 1-5 (Forde(OG), Heitinga, Trotter(OG), Zaha, Jelavic) - Normal service is resumed as the first team players come back in and destroy the leagues bottom side to keep us in the title hunt.

UCL: VS Atletico Madrid (H) (D) 2-2 (Naismith, Mirallas) - We secured qualification from our group with this point, coming back from 2-1 down. Mirallas scored a powerful shot from 18 yards to equalise.

Prem: VS Stoke (A) (D) 0-0 - Not many chance with the two best defenses in the league so far against each other. Naismith came closest with a shot that just grazed the bar.

Prem: VS West Ham (A) (W) 0-2 (Zaha(2)) - This is the game where Zaha really showed up he made a mockery of their left back and really should have scored five or six. However two was enough to win us the match.

UCL: VS Besiktas (A) (W) 1-2 (Defoe(2)) - We confirmed top spot in our group with this victory. Another two goals for Defoe and some good performances.

Two more good months for us, with the exception of the League cup, however we looked to youth in this and were punished. As the league goes we are in third three points off of Tottenham at the top of the table and our European adventure continues.

December/January Update:

There were no ins or outs this period as squad is performing well in the league. We continue to try to move on Anichebe but no one wants him, even for free.

Results:

Prem: VS Swansea (H) (W) 4-0 (Mirallas(3), Cuenca) - An easy home victory for us as Mirallas shows his worth to the team with a hat-trick and stand out performance.

Prem: VS Southampton (H) (W) 5-1 (Jelavic(4), Heitinga) - Anything you can do I can do better. Jelavic shows up Mirallas by hitting four in one game and coming out of his slump in form.

Prem: VS Manchester United (A) (W) 0-2 (Fellaini(2)) - We continue our good form against United. Fellaini grabbing both the goals in this one.

UCL: VS Lyon (H) (W) 2-1 (Gueye, Fellaini) - We came from behind in this one as many of the fringe squad played. We had already confirmed qualification and this win gave us top spot.

Prem: VS Aston Villa (A) (W) 2-0 (Pienaar(2)) - Pienaar was the difference at Villa park taking his chances were others squandered theirs. Villa had a goal ruled out early on which helped our cause.

Prem: VS Fulham (H) (W) 5-2 (Hargreaves, Jagielka(2), Jelavic, Heitinga) - Hargreaves returned from 3 weeks out in this game and showed why he has been such a revelation as DLP setting up 3 and scoring one. Phil Jagielka was oddly taking penalties in this game scoring one from the spot and missing another.

Prem: VS Tottenham (H) (W) 5-0 (Defoe, Jagielka, Zaha, Pienaar, Barkley) - Tottenham came into this match off the back of a 5-0 loss to Arsenal so I was worried about a backlash. I shouldn't have been. Defoe scored after 34 seconds, Jagielka made it two after 4 minutes and it was three and over after 10.

Prem: VS Newcastle (A) (D) 0-0 - This game was a draw completely due to Jelavic missing a hat full of one on one chances.

Prem: VS Liverpool (A) (W) 0-2 (Defoe, Barkley) - It means more when it's a derby and we made sure we wanted it much more than Liverpool. Defoe gave us the lead after 25 minutes and Barkley confirmed the win in the 81st.

FA: VS Sunderland (A) (W) 1-3 (Defoe(2), Naismith) - We got our FA cup defense off and running at the Stadium of Light, making light work of their defense. Naismith scoring the pick with a mazy run.

Prem: VS Blackburn (H) (W) 4-0 (Canales, Barkley, Jelavic, Fellaini) - Another clean sheet and another resounding victory. Canales starting things off with his first goal for the club.

Prem: VS QPR (A) (L) 1-0 - A late Park penalty saw us lose this one. We had created enough chances to be out of sight, but it was just one of those nights.

Prem: VS Wolves (H) (W) 5-0 (Jelavic(2), Hennessey(OG), Coleman, Defoe) - Bouncebackabillity. Is what we have shown in previous games after a defeat and that continued against an average Wolves side.

We finish the period top of the table one point ahead of Manchester City but we are still to go to the Eitihad so I would like to have a bigger cushion. In Europe we continue on, having a tie with Benfica to look forward to.

February/March update:

Results:

FA: VS Newcastle (H) (D) 0-0 - We'll need a replay to see if we can progress in this competition.

Prem: VS Chelsea (H) (W) 3-0 (Jelavic, Fellaini(2)) - A good victory over an underachieving Chelsea side. Fellaini bossed the midfield scoring twice and putting himself about.

Prem: VS Man City (A) (L) 0-3 - We were thoroughly beaten in this game. City had 23 shots on goal to our one. We never stood a chance.

FA: VS Newcastle (A) (L) 0-2 - Another game with no goals for us and we are out of the FA Cup as Newcastle progress

UCL: VS Benfica (A) (D) 0-0 - Our mini slump continues, however thankfully we manage not to concede in Portugal.

Prem: VS Sunderland (A) (W)0-3 (Hargreaves, Mensah(OG), Mirallas) - Finally we get back among the goals. Sunderland are down in 15th this win moves up to third with a game in hand over Man City and Man United.

Prem: VS Arsenal (H) (W) 3-1 (Barkley(3)) - The Ross Barkley show as he scores three carbon copy goals. Mirallas beats his man down the right, pulls the ball back, Barkley scores.

Prem: Vs Millwall (H) (W) 3-1 (Mirallas, Naismith, Fellaini) - We climb back to the summit with this win. Only downside is that Defoe continues to struggle in front of goal having not hit the net in 8 matches.

UCL: VS Benfica (H) (W) 2-1 (Heitinga(2)) - Two bullet headers from Heitinga see us through to the next round of European Competition. We have gone much farther than I had expected.Who knows?

Prem: VS West Brom (A) (D) 1-1 (Jelavic) - A game we should have won, we went down on the stroke of half time but dominated after with Defoe missing a massive amount of chances before Jelavic came on to rescue a point.

We end the period four points back on City at the top of the league with nine to play. We have two games in hand though. In Europe we have been given a tie with Manchester United.

April/May Results:

Prem: VS Southampton (A) (D) 1-1 (Defoe) - Another draw for us that let's Manchester City regain the lead in the title race.

Prem: VS West Ham (H) (W) 3-1 (Pienaar, Jelavic, Coleman) - Back to winning ways with a good performance against the Hammers

UCL: VS Manchester United (A) (D) 2-2 (Jenas, Fellaini) - A late Fellaini goal gives us a great platform for the return leg at Goodison

Prem: VS Swansea (A) (W) 0-2 (Pienaar, Fellaini) - Another midfield masterclass from Fellaini as Swansea are put to the sword

UCL: VS Manchester United (H) (D) 1-1 (Defoe) - A first half Defoe goal was enough to take us through as we held on to progress via away goals.

Prem: VS Stoke (H) (W) 1-0 (Sorenson(OG)) - A tough match, one where we didn't play well, but won.

Prem: VS Fulham (A) (L) 2-0 - We had two players sent off in this one and were duly punished by a Berbatov brace. We are now a point behind City, on equal games played.

UCL: VS Inter Milan (A) (L) 1-0 - We held on in this one and were grateful to a MoM performance from Howard to give us a chance back at Goodison.

Prem: VS Aston Villa (H) (W) 3-1 (Barkley, Mirallas, Jelavic) - We retook the top of the table with victory as City lost at home to Manchester United.

UCL: VS Inter Milan (H) (W) 3-0 (Defoe(3)) - Jermain Man! He continues to do it in the big matches, taking us to the Champions League Final!

Prem: VS Tottenham (A) (D) 2-2 (Defoe, Jelavic) - Goals either side of half time earned us a point and means we are now level with City. However we stay top on goal difference.

Prem: VS Manchester United (H) (W) 3-1 (Fellaini, Defoe(2)) - Fellaini continues to score goals against Man United and with City Drawing with Stoke we are now one point ahead going into the final game.

Prem: VS Newcastle (H) (W) 4-0 (Jelavic(2), Krul(OG), Heitinga) - Champions again, it is an even bigger achievement to retain the title, a good game performance means that we take home the championship

UCL: VS PSG (N) (W) 3-0 (Defoe(2), Fellaini) - That combination again, gives us the honour of our first Champions League victory in our first full season in the competition, delighted for the players.

End of season:

Premiership:

Champions League: Everton, Manchester City, Tottenham, Arsenal.

Europa League: Manchester United, Southampton, Norwich

Relegated: Sunderland, Blackburn, Millwall

Another great season for us in the league as again we pip Man City to the title, winning it by a point. We lost more games this season than last but consistently we won when we needed to.

FA Cup:

Winners: Tottenham

Runners-Up: Southampton

Capital One Cup:

Winners: Norwich

Runners-Up: Arsenal

Individual and Team Awards:

Top Scorers:

1: Emmanual Adebayor 25

2: Wayne Rooney 21

3: Nikica Jelavic 18

Most Assists: