The 2011-2012 Manchester United thread - We've got our trophy back

BBB

When the main part of your game is your non stop running and high intensity play, it is hard to keep going so fair enough to him if he has to move on after this contract or whatever. Completely love the man though.

• Replies 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Manchester United fans may have their ticket allocation for their next trip to Anfield cut by more than 1,000 amid safety concerns.

Liverpool City Council's Licensing Committee has proposed reducing tickets because United fans have stood in seating areas and blocked stairways.

It said at a game between the teams in March the gangways at Anfield could not be kept clear of away supporters.

The proposals are expected to be approved at a meeting next month.

The committee will be asked to approve reducing the number of available tickets from more than 3,000 to 1,965 for the game on 15 October.

'Better stewarding'

The issue was raised at a meeting of the Ground Safety Advisory Group, which heard in spite of efforts of stewards to reduce standing, the gangways could not be kept clear throughout the last game.

It heard the actions of United fans had overwhelmed stewards and that the level of standing had reached a level that Liverpool Football Club's safety management plan was unable to address.

United fan Andrew Gilduff, from independent supporters group Stretford End Flags, said if the plan went ahead it would hit fans hard.

"If you look up and down the country, standing is rife amongst the away fans, it's not just a Manchester United issue, it's an issue which affects all football fans."

He added: "People in the reduced allocation are still going to stand, there is better ways of tackling the problem than by reducing allocation.

"Some clubs have stewards in the gangways and in the aisles. At Anfield you are never asked to sit down, they do make an announcement every now and then over the tannoy, but that just goes unnoticed."

'Strange decision'

Liverpool fan Gareth Roberts, from Well Red Magazine, said he thought it would be a "strange decision".

He said: "Anyone who goes to Anfield regularly will tell you that there is a section of the Kop that stands regularly.

"As much as it pains me to say it, I don't know why Man United fans are being targeted in this instance.

"Basically any away end of any team that has a big away following, they stand up."

He added: "Liverpool have paid the price for that as well, we have had our allocation reduced at Sunderland a couple of times.

"It's certainly not just United fans that do it."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-14256327

Complete bastards, like we are the only ones that stand ffs.

It's good. Now more scousers get to see us beat their sorry asses.

Don't think it's been reported yet here, but the team for Scholes' testimonial is disappointing. Was hoping for some big names, like Zidane, but apart from some token known names (Cannavaro, Vieira and some others), it's nobodies. Scholesy deserved better :(

Now then lads. Currently considering getting the new away shirt. I have a query, as trying to find the cheapest place.

On the united store, it says the shirt is 44.99, badges are 5.00 and shirt printing is 10.00. So 59.99 in total you'd think (bit steep!) HOWEVER, for some reason it doesn't charge for the shirt printing (assuming you select ANY squad member except Da Laet), so actually 49.99.

Now I wasn't sure whether this was a mistake or not, so tried the same with the Home shirt, yet the home shirt does add 10.00 on for the squad player, so rolls in at 59.99.

Website doesn't mention that it's a promotion with free print, in fact it even has a banner saying Add badges £5, Add squad player £10.

I continued to checkout and it still says £49.99 with the print and badges. Unfortunately they charge £4.95 for delivery which is ridiculous.

Gonna head down town now and see whether I can get it cheaper there, although won't be making a purchase today.

Alternatively feel free to just direct me to the cheapest place.

1. Brad Friedel

2. Gary Neville

3. Wayne Bridge

4. Patrick Vieira

5. Fabio Cannavaro

6. Sol Campbell

7. Robert Pirès

8. Nicky Butt

9. Dwight Yorke

11. Robbie Keane

12. Michel Salgado

13. Chad Calderone*

14. Ibrahim Diaby*

15. Yanik Reyering*

16. Stefan Dimitrov*

17. Dane Murphy*

18. Marvin Iraheta*

19. Moriken Sangary*

20. Brian McBride

21. Armando Gaitan*

22. Dawyne Smith*

*Denotes Cosmos U-23 player

#10 is retired.

Now then lads. Currently considering getting the new away shirt. I have a query, as trying to find the cheapest place.

On the united store, it says the shirt is 44.99, badges are 5.00 and shirt printing is 10.00. So 59.99 in total you'd think (bit steep!) HOWEVER, for some reason it doesn't charge for the shirt printing (assuming you select ANY squad member except Da Laet), so actually 49.99.

Now I wasn't sure whether this was a mistake or not, so tried the same with the Home shirt, yet the home shirt does add 10.00 on for the squad player, so rolls in at 59.99.

Website doesn't mention that it's a promotion with free print, in fact it even has a banner saying Add badges £5, Add squad player £10.

I continued to checkout and it still says £49.99 with the print and badges. Unfortunately they charge £4.95 for delivery which is ridiculous.

Gonna head down town now and see whether I can get it cheaper there, although won't be making a purchase today.

Alternatively feel free to just direct me to the cheapest place.

Just got myself one from bestway4you for £14. There's no way I could pay £40> for a football top.

What name and number you looking to get?

De Gea will be making his debut tonight, looking forward to it. Also seems to be a much earlier kick off which is great.

Wish him the best of luck.....I doubt the fire will cause him any trouble the way they have been playing.

I was hoping some bigger names would be a part of Scholes' testimonial.

Oooh, the forums are back... and seem to have been for a while. When did they come back up? only started working again for me today. Feels like it's been forever.

Looking forward to the game tonight, should be a good run out.

been back for about 2 weeks.

Looking forward to tonights game. good that is at a earlier time.

Hopefully all the u21's get most of the game.

Would like to see this

..............De Gea

Fabio....Smalling.....Jones....Evans

Nani....Ando..........Cleverley.......Young

........Welbeck........Rooney

Went a couple years ago. When is it? Will go if I'm not working.

And glad the games on an ok'ish time. Will probs miss the last 20 minutes as I'm off out though.

The Charity Shield? Sunday 7th August, 14:30.

Just noticed OGS' Molde are doing OK in their league. Half way through and top although the team below them is 3 points behind with a game in hand and better goal difference.

The team is really starting to get together now and is playing rather well. Tromsø has lost some good players this summer, so it remains to be seen how well they cope the latter half of the season. Would be great if Ole could get the title right off the bat :)

Both Hussein and Eikrem have done very well so far this season. Eikrem for Molde and Hussain for Fredrikstad. United must have taught them well.

Lucas seems to eat the Manchester United midfield for breakfast every time we play them. Good enough for me ;)

Just seen this little gem in the Liverpool thread.

Maybe we should be trying to buy Lucas to close the gap on Barca. :)

I thought Cleverly was pretty poor first half, didn't seem to use the ball very well and kept breaking things up

Saying that, not many people seemed to even want to come TO the ball, everyone was either static or running away from it

Archived