Sons (blatant show-off thread)

My striker isn't close to what you have yours scoring.

Though mine is from my academy as well ;)

I've had at least one player make it into my first team from my academy pretty much every season for the last 20 years, though only a few of them have stayed in the team.

Great stuff, but as I never get to play that far into the "future", I've never had a son in the game and chances are, never will. :(

Purely out of interest, when it came to contract negotiations, did he have an agent and was he as much of a pain in the bottom to deal with (as any other player), even though he was representing your son? :D

• 2 weeks later...
I see he wants to go into management once his playing days are up, I wonder if you could get him to be your Assistant Manager? That would be cool

Even better if he was to become Sunderland or Middlesborough manager. :D

When I have a son, I hope he shows me respect, if I say learn this, he will do it. If I say dont dive into tackles, he will accept who the boss is and respect my authority. And If I loan him, he will go. Even if Im loaning him to North Korean clubs, he will go!!!

I would never sell my son.

I had a god awful GK as my son. Even had Pepe Reina tutoring him at one point. He managed to come through my academy when I had 4-5 very promising young GKs. Never sold him though. Gave him a game, he was crap.

I had a god awful GK as my son. Even had Pepe Reina tutoring him at one point. He managed to come through my academy when I had 4-5 very promising young GKs. Never sold him though. Gave him a game, he was crap.

Regardless of how crap my son (if i ever get one) is as long as he isnt a goalkeeper id probably play him because im sure the other 10 class players i have would carry him in every game

Ugh...you make me sick! ;):D I've been playing CM/FM for years and have never had a son :(. Seriously though, well done on having 1) a son 2) a son who's a great player and 3) (something else i've never had) a ground named after you. Inetersting to see, as Fabio MVP said, another son who came through the Newcastle academy. I'm sure it's just coincidence.

I had one a while back before I realised he was actually a son. I noticed i was in his personnel list, thought "gee, ain't that quaint" released him for being poop, let the save dwindle out, forgot about it and then some months later after an absence of a couple of years from these forums i read all this son stuff....

Agh.

I can't even remember his name, the poor anonymous oik.

If he has a PA of 197, why on earth did he choose Wales? Were they somehow bigger than England?

Wales called him up first - it's a lot easier to get into their team, after all.

I see he wants to go into management once his playing days are up, I wonder if you could get him to be your Assistant Manager? That would be cool

Unfortunately he's absolutely rubbish. I've made him my technical coach because that's his only coaching attribute in double figures :D:(

I've never had a son in my FM08 game. My in-game character is 94 or something now - maybe that's the issue.

I have seen one son before, the son of a former regen player of mine. The father was a first-teamer for my world-class club - the son never played in Serie B or above.

How long does it take for a son to come through. I would assume a considerable amount of time and you would have to be at the same club for a long time. I mean, it wouldnt make sense to have a 16 year old come through and he's born in the same city as club when you've only been there for 5 years, right? So, you'd have to be at a club for at least 15 years to increase the likelihood, or am I totally wrong here?

Ah, okay. But does age come in factor, if only slightly. I started of as 25 and currently 29, so I doubt I would be getting any 15 or 16 year old soon.

Nah, it's totally random. Every year you have a one in a million chance of having a son come through, which is totally independent of any other factors.

How long does it take for a son to come through. I would assume a considerable amount of time and you would have to be at the same club for a long time. I mean, it wouldnt make sense to have a 16 year old come through and he's born in the same city as club when you've only been there for 5 years, right? So, you'd have to be at a club for at least 15 years to increase the likelihood, or am I totally wrong here?

Could literally turn up in the very first batch of generated players. Could never turn up.

Long way of a son yet, but got the stadium :D -

Would just like to point out that I currently play in the 121,000 seater Ackter Arena, which was built to replace the 90,000 seater Ackter Park ;)

Archived