Worse Fm Yet ?

Its a great game but it does have some issues, i cant remember any other FM with such a bad catch system i hope im wrong. It seems to me that if the media expect you to get relegated but you end up having a great season then you will definately not be the only relegation threatened team to have a great season. The teams that was (media) predicted to finish around you at the start of the season seem to finish around you no matter where you finnish. Ie if i finish in a playoff place then a few of the teams that should have been relegated end up also battling for promotion. This for me is the biggest flaw there is some other small ones but nothing comes close to making the game more unrealistic for me than the current catch up system.

What? You mean like Norwich, Leeds and Millwall in the Championship battling for promotion in their first season up from League 1?

How totally unrealistic... :rolleyes:

I have to say this is the worst opening post I've read in a while.

This is probably the best version for me, and I've played them all since the split and a few CMs before that.

This man knows, and I've played them all except CM Italia.

In what way is 11.3 worse than 11.2? I read this all the time, but no-one bothers to offer any explanation.

The mental stability of the players is even more screwed up than before, and at the same time team talks are more powerful than ever.

I would *love* to see Man Utd down at 11th or lower, in my games they're always a top team, so are Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea, always them up to top, it's boring.

Ironically chelsea finished 7th and liverpool finished 8th in my first season.....but then again, I play FM10....

This man knows, and I've played them all except CM Italia.

I played cm italia. Almost played them all. This ranks as almost the worst FM bar 05, and joint with 09 and 10 but being slightly better than 09 and 10. 07 and 08 was there peak but 01,02 was my all time fav.

Since team talks got involved this game just died.

The mental stability of the players is even more screwed up than before, and at the same time team talks are more powerful than ever.

Anything else? The mental stability issue seems quite extreme but i don't find it a problem. I genuinely cannot see how 11.3 has made the game worse from 11.2, even though i didn't have any problem with 11.2 per se. Not that i can think of anyway.

I'm not a staunch defender of the game either, by the way. There are things about it that i can't stand, but not in terms of patch to patch(apart from the original version which was questionable)

I played cm italia. Almost played them all. This ranks as almost the worst FM bar 05, and joint with 09 and 10 but being slightly better than 09 and 10. 07 and 08 was there peak but 01,02 was my all time fav.

It just goes to show that different people like different aspects of the games, hence preferring different versions.

For me it would be something like:

10 > 11 > 09 > 06 > 07 > 05 > 08

FM09 is way the worst from awful 3D match engine and the awful match engine, was a epic failure in my opinion and was the worst ever release for complaints from the faithful FM community, FM11 is a massive right step for being good, it does need more overhaul for certain tasks but FM09 was a stinker in the series.

I'm not sure about the worst but I think it's definitely the easiest. I mean i've just won the treble with Aston Villa in my 3rd season, only losing 1 game all season. Not boasting or anything, as there's clearly something wrong with the game when I don't have to alter my tactics all season (fluid, standard, direct, more expressive, press more, 4312 formation) and end up steamrolling the likes of Real Madrid 4-0 with Darren Bent and Nathan Delfouneso up front =p

FM09 is way the worst from awful 3D match engine and the awful match engine, was a epic failure in my opinion and was the worst ever release for complaints from the faithful FM community, FM11 is a massive right step for being good, it does need more overhaul for certain tasks but FM09 was a stinker in the series.

It seriously wasn't.

There were initial issues with registering the game due to other factors outside of SI control. Aside from those the release was still miles better than FM05.

I'm not sure about the worst but I think it's definitely the easiest. I mean i've just won the treble with Aston Villa in my 3rd season, only losing 1 game all season. Not boasting or anything, as there's clearly something wrong with the game when I don't have to alter my tactics all season (fluid, standard, direct, more expressive, press more, 4312 formation) and end up steamrolling the likes of Real Madrid 4-0 with Darren Bent and Nathan Delfouneso up front =p

True, but who else did you buy in those 3 years? 48mth installments etc?

True, but who else did you buy in those 3 years? 48mth installments etc?

This is my squad:

treblesquad.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My wage bill is under a million and the club makes a profit. Admittedly Adler arrived on a free which I know is unrealistic, as is the impending arrival of Stevan Jovetic on a free...but hey the transfer system is broken and I rarely get reasonable offers for my players from the AI =\

There is no catch system at all (its called rubber-banding in the industry) in FM.

Not quite. "Complacency" and "Pressure" function as rubberband mechanisms in the game. The question, then, is whether complacency or pressure are realistically modeled and, thus, "realistic" rubberband mechanisms.

Anything else? The mental stability issue seems quite extreme but i don't find it a problem. I genuinely cannot see how 11.3 has made the game worse from 11.2, even though i didn't have any problem with 11.2 per se. Not that i can think of anyway.

I'm not a staunch defender of the game either, by the way. There are things about it that i can't stand, but not in terms of patch to patch(apart from the original version which was questionable)

There is the issue of the AI not understanding League rules (ie; Italy) and inappropriately buying tons of foreign players. And AI squad building.

The latest Fm has been the worst now for years, but when the new version comes out you will surely say the old one was better , so just have patience and you will see FM 11 in a different light. ;-)

And if you want the current state of the football world just print out the standings and dont bother playing a simulation.

You've managed to contradict yourself there.

Ironically the most unrealistic thing about the game is the ability for players to take a team from the BSB Premier to winning the Champions League without a sugar-daddy. Or win the Premiership based on tactical ability alone.

Having said that Man Utd have always been a team that finishes well away from the title in my FM saves unlike real life - do the writers dislike Man Utd. And Spurs have shown despite Harry's ability to get a team to perform above expectations that only takes you so far.

A choice at the start should read realistic or sugar daddy.

Just shows saves vary from one to another.

In mine Man Utd have finished in the top three for the last five seasons, winning the title twice and are well in the title hunt again this season (I'm not playing in the EPL btw).

Archived