Total Football: Tic-Tac Magick

If you've tried the tactic, please answer: Are you having success with this tactic?  

547 members have voted

1. 1. If you've tried the tactic, please answer: Are you having success with this tactic?

Yes I have been doing that, but I am a afraid of the space this creates between the midfield and the defence. At what point should (defensive line-wise) should I consider moving the defensive-minded MC to the DMC position?

it feels like anyhting below 14? Or lower? Or is it maybe enough to lower the mentality of the defensive MC?

I have set up a version of this tactic with a DM in match-prep so my team is used to this situation and if I have problem with their AM I usually pull back my defensive minded midfielder but usually I don't get this problems since he (Carrick/Fletcher) is most of the time acting defensively enough to take care of the AM so the only situation where I use a DM is when the opposition has 3 AMs behind a striker, since that is the formation I had the most problems dealing with when I played a flat 3 man midfield.

So yes if there is an AM always running into the space between defense and midfield an DM would be a wise choice.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After a period of testing other tactics I just felt like returning to this one again.

Tried to tweak it a little bit again, and the results so far has been very good.

Set "forward runs" to mixed on ALL PLAYERS!

Yes, even the back 4 and GK! THe result of this? 0 goals conceeded in 7 matches and 15 scored!

And I Still have 60% ball posession or more in every match!

Will test with these tweaks some more and see how it goes. :)

Do you mean "run with ball"?

which tactic do you use and what tweaks did you do ?

I used my tweaked tactics in post #144 and changed the following.

- Switched the MRC with the MLC (Playmaker is now on the right central side)

- All players mixed run from deep

- Put the MC in DMC position

And that´s it! :)

After a period of testing other tactics I just felt like returning to this one again.

Tried to tweak it a little bit again, and the results so far has been very good.

Set "forward runs" to mixed on ALL PLAYERS!

Yes, even the back 4 and GK! THe result of this? 0 goals conceeded in 7 matches and 15 scored!

And I Still have 60% ball posession or more in every match!

Will test with these tweaks some more and see how it goes. :)

U should have never mate ;)

welcome back then:thup:

what kind of effect do u think setting gk and cbs on mixed runs had?

which tactic do you use ?
Gee Simpson which version do you use and what tweaks have you made?

grazie ;)

I use Barkermush's tweaked version and with his most recent striker settings too. I have also tweaked it very slightly. I have set the wingers to 'cut inside' and I think I changed the tempo slightly but can't remember as it was that long ago :p I do change tempo and time wasting and occasionaly d-line in game depending on how I'm doing.

U should have never mate ;)

welcome back then:thup:

what kind of effect do u think setting gk and cbs on mixed runs had?

I only have Text commentary when I play matches, so I really can´t say that I have "SEEN" a difference..

But I´d imagine that the CBs at least provides more passing option for the midfielders.

And my GK has 24.9 passes in average each game. And I guess he acts more like a sweeperkeeper with these settings.

I also have just conceeded 10 goals in 33 matches so far.. annd Scored 76 goals. :)

Guys, there are many versions of this tactic. Which one is the best version which can be used for both home and away?

Thanks in advance

the home and away tac. is the original's tweaked version by the creator himself.

i find no trouble with that.

i think u as well r familiar with tacs. if i'm not wrong so u can adj. the striker to ur liking if ur not content with it.

other than that it's extremely important to apply the time wasting and tempo changes throughout the game.and d-line if u have problems.

Just finished my first season with Barcelona using my new tweaked version. :)

SPANISH SUPER CUP

Won the Spanish Super Cup 5-0 on agg. against Sevilla.

LIGA BBVA

Won the Spanish League 16 points ahead of Real Madrid in 2nd.

33 wins , 4 draws and 1 loss. Goaldifference 108 - 9!! (9 goals conceeded with all players on run from deep on mixed!!)

I could also mention that 2 of the draws were away to Real Madrid and Valencia. The 2 other draws and the

only defeat was when I was playing the youngsters after the league title was secured to have the first team players fit for Champions League.

SPANISH CUP

Not na important competition for me...

I only used youngsters and squad players in the cup. Ended in the quarter finals where I lost to Racing Santander.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

After the groupstage (5-0-1 , again the defeat came when I used the youngsters in the final match..) i knocked out Tottenham (5-1 agg.) , Bayern Munchen (6-4 agg.) and Inter (4-3 agg.) before I was up against Man Utd in the final wich ended in a easy 4-0 victory!

PLAYER STATS

Name/matches/Goals/Assisst

David Villa / 33 / 28 / 14 (Injured the last 3 month of the season..)

Pedro / 38 / 19 / 14

Messi / 37 / 18 / 20

Lucas / 35 / 19 / 7 ( the 17 year old from Sao Paulo)

Xavi / 47 / 5 / 30

Iniesta / 37 / 7 / 11

hgfd

Just finished my first season with Barcelona using my new tweaked version. :)

SPANISH SUPER CUP

Won the Spanish Super Cup 5-0 on agg. against Sevilla.

LIGA BBVA

Won the Spanish League 16 points ahead of Real Madrid in 2nd.

33 wins , 4 draws and 1 loss. Goaldifference 108 - 9!! (9 goals conceeded with all players on run from deep on mixed!!)

I could also mention that 2 of the draws were away to Real Madrid and Valencia. The 2 other draws and the

only defeat was when I was playing the youngsters after the league title was secured to have the first team players fit for Champions League.

SPANISH CUP

Not na important competition for me...

I only used youngsters and squad players in the cup. Ended in the quarter finals where I lost to Racing Santander.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

After the groupstage (5-0-1 , again the defeat came when I used the youngsters in the final match..) i knocked out Tottenham (5-1 agg.) , Bayern Munchen (6-4 agg.) and Inter (4-3 agg.) before I was up against Man Utd in the final wich ended in a easy 4-0 victory!

PLAYER STATS

Name/matches/Goals/Assisst

David Villa / 33 / 28 / 14 (Injured the last 3 month of the season..)

Pedro / 38 / 19 / 14

Messi / 37 / 18 / 20

Lucas / 35 / 19 / 7 ( the 17 year old from Sao Paulo)

Xavi / 47 / 5 / 30

Iniesta / 37 / 7 / 11

hgfd

could you upload your tactic and did you use OI ?

could you upload your tactic and did you use OI ?
Can u post your tactic?

Thanks!

I used my tweaked tactics in post #144 and changed the following.

- Switched the MRC with the MLC (Playmaker is now on the right central side)

- All players mixed run from deep

- Put the MC in DMC position

And that´s it! :)

Just download the Standard tactic from post #144 and change these things. :)

And no, I don´t use OI´s since it´s in classic mode.

In my experience, tackling and weaker foot OI works quite ok. However the closing down OI can really disrupt your defensive line.

Oh.. For some reason I was thinking touchline shouts... :o

I set the OI´s that the scout recommend in the team meeting before the match.. Ususally they just tell me to always put pressure on the opponents MC´s and DMC´s..

Starting my 2nd season now and going to try and tweak it a little more. ;)

I only promoted some youngsters and so far only bought Erik Lamela (18) from River Plate..

some impressive performance u got there franklin, especially that 30 assists with xavi, i guess you used him as the playmaker, right ? (MCR)

Also, in your tactic you switched the MRC with the MLC , did you also exchange players instructions ( so that player instructions from playmaker MLC would be on the MRC and vice versa ) or did you leave player instructions as they were and just set the MRC as your playmaker?

Franklin, I have used your sexy 4-5-1 and changed it to 4-2-3-1.

I have had an enormous success with Arsenal winning PL, FA cup and now I play in CL final against Chelsea and I am positive they don't have a chance.

Won against Barca in CL semi-final match, finala result 5-2 (4-1 at home and 1-1 away). One of the best tactics ever.

If you are interested I can put it here. Nothing is mine, every credit goes to RealMadrid_2007 and franklin except that change from MC to AMC.

John

What do you mean by all players mixed run from deep?

some impressive performance u got there franklin, especially that 30 assists with xavi, i guess you used him as the playmaker, right ? (MCR)

Also, in your tactic you switched the MRC with the MLC , did you also exchange players instructions ( so that player instructions from playmaker MLC would be on the MRC and vice versa ) or did you leave player instructions as they were and just set the MRC as your playmaker?

Xavi is my playmaker indeed! I changed instructions on the MC´s as well. I just put the MRC in AMRC position, put the MLC in the MRC position and then put the AMRC in the MLC position.. if that made any sense.. ;)

I have had an enormous success with Arsenal winning PL, FA cup and now I play in CL final against Chelsea and I am positive they don't have a chance.

Won against Barca in CL semi-final match, finala result 5-2 (4-1 at home and 1-1 away). One of the best tactics ever.

If you are interested I can put it here. Nothing is mine, every credit goes to RealMadrid_2007 and franklin except that change from MC to AMC.

John

Good to hear that you have success with your modified version! :) And please do upload it here!

What do you mean by all players mixed run from deep?

Mixed.. or sometimes as it´s actually called..

I play classic mode and arrow down means run from deep rarely while arrow up means run from deep often. I have no arrows, in other words run from deep on mixed on all players. :)

Like this:

875185.jpeg

I have started a season with napoli. Here is an update of my season. I'm in my first season in january.

Results:

uitslagen.png

Stand:

standt.jpg

Most games i dominated, but not all.... Against inter, ac milan, man. city, villareal i played bad.

I adjust the time waste, tempo and d-line but it didn't help. Someone else have suggestion?

John

The sexy 4-5-1 is not Franklin's. It is Barkermush's tweaked version.

Xavi is my playmaker indeed! I changed instructions on the MC´s as well. I just put the MRC in AMRC position, put the MLC in the MRC position and then put the AMRC in the MLC position.. if that made any sense.. ;)

thanks for the explanation, never thought it was that simple :) just won my first la liga match 6-0 against Racing away, possession was pretty poor tough, only 46 % for barca , i wonder why ? and 80 % pass completion rate. What match preparation do you use, if it's any important? and i guess pitch size at camp nou should be maximum allowed, right ?

John

hey good tweakd version :) on which position plays your playmaker?

thanks for the explanation, never thought it was that simple :) just won my first la liga match 6-0 against Racing away, possession was pretty poor tough, only 46 % for barca , i wonder why ? and 80 % pass completion rate. What match preparation do you use, if it's any important? and i guess pitch size at camp nou should be maximum allowed, right ?

Hmm.. 46% is low indeed.. do you use patch 11.3?

Team blend on intensive until its full. Then I just ask ass man to do the match prep. :) I used the pitch size in the middle.. not small and not large. worked great!

yes, i'm on 11.3 . it's gotten a bit better now i think, 66 % with hercules and 65 % hercules, still , only 58 % away with atletico madrid, i noticed my defenders were often closed down and pressured by the oppossition , forcing them to bomb the ball high up the pitch and therefore losing possession . does this also happen to you ? what should i do in such situations ?

yes, i'm on 11.3 . it's gotten a bit better now i think, 66 % with hercules and 65 % hercules, still , only 58 % away with atletico madrid, i noticed my defenders were often closed down and pressured by the oppossition , forcing them to bomb the ball high up the pitch and therefore losing possession . does this also happen to you ? what should i do in such situations ?

Do your defenders have low Composure or low Decisions stats? Maybe you need to increase the Tempo.

I've been looking for a beautiful tactic for my Villa team for a while. From what I've read maybe this could be it! I've got a really good squad of players (fast, technically gifted and good passers) so I shouldn't have a problem implementing this. Does anyone have a specific recommendation for which tactic to use in a team which already pretty much has all the right kind of players?

From what I've read it's between the 'Home' tactic, or Barkermush's tweaked tactic. Is everyone having similar successes with both tactics or is one of those two the most up to date and thus, the most effective?

BTW ridiculously detailed OP. Will definitely give it a proper read tomorrow :thup:

EDIT: Ignore that, I went straight into using the 'Home' tactic and it's working beautifully:

Game #1 (H): 1-0 win over Man City - had much less chances (8-15), but 52% possession & 81% pass completion

Game #2 (A): 5-0 win over Sheriff - 22 chances to their 2, 66% possession, 90% pass completion

Game #3 (H): 2-0 win over Charlton - 20 chances to their 3, 68% possession, 88% pass completion

Game #4 (A): 2-0 win over Bolton - 16 chances to their 8, 57% possession, 82% pass completion

Game #5 (H): 2-0 win over Leverkusen - Identical to above

If the team can emulate the performances of those last 4 games against real quality opposition then it could be a bit of a wonder tactic for me. Either way, I'm loving the style of play!

Good to hear that you have success with your modified version! :) And please do upload it here!

Mixed.. or sometimes as it´s actually called..

I play classic mode and arrow down means run from deep rarely while arrow up means run from deep often. I have no arrows, in other words run from deep on mixed on all players. :)

Like this:

875185.jpeg

Plz upload your tac mate ,i have tweak as you said but it don't work ........Plz up your tac ?

hi mate.i would suggest in the match prep.put one of those tac. and tweak the tempo to 14 notches.first of quick.so that they'll get used to quicker tempo as well.cause u have to up the tempo when youre heavily press.

but when the team gets fluid with the tac. most games u'll dominate them the way it is.

I have heard a lot of good comments about this tactic and I am keen to give it a go. I was wondering if people have had success with both small teams aswell as the big teams.

Also which tactic on this post is the best as I have noticed there are a few tweaks to the original

Thanks

What post is Barkermush's tweaked tactic ?

Hi, that's not my tweaked tactic. I never uploaded the tactic with the tweaked striker settings, I just posted screen shots of the new striker settings on this thread.

But the screen shots are way back in this thread and people could have missed them, so here is my tactic with the tweaked striker setting. ( I find my striker scores alot more goals with this one).

Download: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20295857/4-5-1+Sexy+%28Liverpool%2C+Dec+2026%29.tac

(Same instructions as before).

I managed 2nd place in the league and winning the cup with Köln the first season. media prediction was 13th and I was only 4 points from doing the double!

So yes it works with smaller teams!

I used my tweaked versions wich you can find on the first few pages after my Köln update. :)

Hi, that's not my tweaked tactic. I never uploaded the tactic with the tweaked striker settings, I just posted screen shots of the new striker settings on this thread.

But the screen shots are way back in this thread and people could have missed them, so here is my tactic with the tweaked striker setting. ( I find my striker scores alot more goals with this one).

Download: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20295857/4-5-1+Sexy+%28Liverpool%2C+Dec+2026%29.tac

(Same instructions as before).

Yes I can vouch for this one, I implemented your striker settings a while back to your tweaked version and it has my striker banging in the goals. He has 29 goals in 21 appearances in the league and 43 goals in 33 games in all competitions.

Yes I can vouch for this one, I implemented your striker settings a while back to your tweaked version and it has my striker banging in the goals. He has 29 goals in 21 appearances in the league and 43 goals in 33 games in all competitions.

Good stuff. :thup:

Yeah, my striker usually has similar goal scoring records. :)

I love to see how this tactic plays sometimes, but i AM getting some mediocre results with a new Man UTD savegame.

Ive lost 2 games in the league allready, havent even played 10 games yet. Sunderland decided to score 3 goals from set pieces.

That type of losses :(

Archived