Total Football: Tic-Tac Magick

If you've tried the tactic, please answer: Are you having success with this tactic?  

547 members have voted

1. 1. If you've tried the tactic, please answer: Are you having success with this tactic?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which team are you?

i play with arsenal and my midfielders are fabregas (ticked as playmaker), song and ramsey..

fabregas is constantly around 80% by half-time and will have to replace him with wilshere at around 65min

i tried to tweak the closing down setting from whole pitch to own half and removed roam from position, but their distance is still at least 10.5km

i'm using Bakermush tactic btw..

i play with arsenal and my midfielders are fabregas (ticked as playmaker), song and ramsey..

fabregas is constantly around 80% by half-time and will have to replace him with wilshere at around 65min

i tried to tweak the closing down setting from whole pitch to own half and removed roam from position, but their distance is still at least 10.5km

i'm using Bakermush tactic btw..

What is Fabregas' stamina rating?

My CM's usually are around 85% at HT, I don't really see the problem though having to sub them off at 65 min tbh.

I can not believe the result I've just had!

Remember, this is only 2012 so Man Utd are still very strong. I only just won the SPL for the first time last season and this is also my first ever season in the Champions League. Look at this result against a vastly superior Man Utd side! :eek:

ManUtd0-2Hearts.png

I honestly can't believe how we won this. We were massive underdogs and tbh I would have been happy to get out of there with a 3 or 4-0 defeat.

This was the match prediction by the press:

matchprediction.png

We also missed a penalty at 0-0!

I did make a few changes before the game that really help against bigger sides, well for me they did anyway.

This is by far my best ever result in any FM, considering the gulf in quality between the two sides.

spurs11.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm playing with Spurs , 1st season with bakermush' version ( playmaker mlc ). I don't want to buy just to buy , as i feel Spurs have enough quality . ( Lukaku only big incoming transfer for 8.75 mil ).

But i can't decide the setup of my midfield ( especially Modric ) , u guys have any tips ? I 'm proud that i retrained Bale & Lennon ( position ) but need some advice for my centre midfield

@ Bakermush, your tactic Corner routine. Is it the guy in AMR position taking left and right corner as he is set as Short Option & people are saying the short option is really working for people but obviously with the corner taker taking the corner he is not giving the short option. I notice with your corner set up the ball comes out to the playmaker a lot enabling him more passes. Could you just confirm your corner setup as ive been trying others but , Possesion and results are worse.

newcastleunitednewcastl.th.png

After a brilliant start with Newcastle, I'm struggling a tad now. Not doing badly, just aren't creating the chances I used to be. Still having loads of possession. Oh well, if anyone has any suggestions I'd be grateful to hear them. Oh and I'm using Barkermush's version.

Bakermush : why u have tight marking and fwd runs rarely for the mlc ? Xavi aint good at marking and why not put his fwd runs to mixed ?

i've won tht quadruple in 1st season , but still want to tweak midfield :p

Bakermush : why u have tight marking and fwd runs rarely for the mlc ? Xavi aint good at marking and why not put his fwd runs to mixed ?

i've won tht quadruple in 1st season , but still want to tweak midfield :p

You'll have to ask Realmadrid_2007, that's how his original tactic was set up. I've not changed any of the player settings from his original tactic [the first tactic he uploaded] apart from the striker settings.

You can change the mlc setting's to Realmadrids latest tactic settings and see if it's any better. :thup:

i'm confused , as i tought your version had mlc as playmaker and realmadrid2007 had mcr as playmaker .

gonna try tweaking myself ;)

VDV did outstanding as playmaker with fwd runs on mixed and tight marking on

edit : i 'm now quite concinved that my playmaker ( VDV in case ) plays better without tight marking and run from deep mixed ( instead of rare )

So my tactic is same as Bakermush version , except 5 things :

* Tight marking off for playmaker ( Mlc )

* Runs from deep mixed instead of rare for playmaker

* Passing from St +2 ( 0->2 ) ( more cohesive passing with wingers )

* Defending Corners : switch Amr & St instructions so that St stays on edge of area & the fast winger stays forward ( better for counters , the big striker launches the fast winger .)

* Creativity St -1

I've been using the original 'Standard', 'Attack' and 'Possession' tactics with a new Arsenal game and just won the league. Knocked out of the CL to Barca but we dominated possession in both matches! My team are still young and inexperienced.

I have tried the others but couldn't get them to work as consistently as the originals. Typical Arsenal though, sometimes they try to walk the ball in when a shot might have been more suitable.

Excellent tactic.

i'm playing with arsenal too, i'm in 2013 now, could you post a screenshot of your formation ? have you made any tweaks at all to the ''standard'' tactic, or just plug and play? what pitch size did you choose? and match prep?

Btw, for me fabregas seemed to perform averagely in the MCL slot with no forward runs , rarely coming to support the attack and often being marked out , with ''run from deep'' on mixed he constantly played dangerous through balls and got more assists. Ramsey is pretty good in that iniesta role (MCR) but i'm still using him as backup, as Sahin is superb in that position , averaged 7.59 in a season , with 28 assists in about 45 matches.

I can't answer the poll correctly. Regarding the first season, I have to tip 'yes'. I was Chelsea's manager, became champion and won the LP (..). At the end of the season I sold some of the older/weaker players (Drogs, Anelka, unfortunately Malouda wanted to go as well..) and brought in some fresh faces. The board was happy, the fans were, and so was I. But then the season started. Second match, defeat in Blackburn, 2-0, without a chance. A win at home against lpool, then defeat against Bolton, a week later, no chance at Old Trafford, 2-0. Following a 1-1 against Petach-Tikvi in CL. And so the season continued until I stopped it (wanted to start a new one anyway, since it was the demo's game). But how come, I wouldn't have a chance against the weaker sides in season 2? I mean, I lost to United before, I lost to City and to L'pool before, but Blackburn, Bolton and _Petach-Tikvi_?! In my opinion, the biggest problem was the finishing. We had a lot of chances, but no one would score..The first season, Lamps did, but he'S getting older/weaker of course.

So, do you have durable success? I don't mean, becoming champions ten times in a row, but always being competitive?

I can't answer the poll correctly. Regarding the first season, I have to tip 'yes'. I was Chelsea's manager, became champion and won the LP (..). At the end of the season I sold some of the older/weaker players (Drogs, Anelka, unfortunately Malouda wanted to go as well..) and brought in some fresh faces. The board was happy, the fans were, and so was I. But then the season started. Second match, defeat in Blackburn, 2-0, without a chance. A win at home against lpool, then defeat against Bolton, a week later, no chance at Old Trafford, 2-0. Following a 1-1 against Petach-Tikvi in CL. And so the season continued until I stopped it (wanted to start a new one anyway, since it was the demo's game). But how come, I wouldn't have a chance against the weaker sides in season 2? I mean, I lost to United before, I lost to City and to L'pool before, but Blackburn, Bolton and _Petach-Tikvi_?! In my opinion, the biggest problem was the finishing. We had a lot of chances, but no one would score..The first season, Lamps did, but he'S getting older/weaker of course.

So, do you have durable success? I don't mean, becoming champions ten times in a row, but always being competitive?

Answer you are loking for is in combination of motivation, team talk, time wasting and tempo. If you match all of them in correct quantaties, you will have success

Answer you are loking for is in combination of motivation, team talk, time wasting and tempo. If you match all of them in correct quantaties, you will have success

very true , won everything possible with Spursduring first 2 seasons without major signings ! great tactic !

So, how is your modified tactic working out for you Sweez? I'm currently trying out your suggestions as I want to see if I can get better performances out of my two central midfielders. Yes, they retain possession very well but I want to see them being more positive especially the right-sided central midfielder (e.g. Iniesta for Barca). I'm using Barkermush's tweaked tactics, and I've modified them using your suggestions.

Although the individual setting for the MCR haven't changed he does seem to be getting forward more, and he seems like a bigger goal-scoring threat than before. Similarly, my wingers seem more lethal in front of goal. In fact, Eden Hazard just had the best game of his career for me. Scored an outstanding hattrick (all the goals were spectacular), got two assists and received a 9.8.

Also won my toughest game of the season so far against Chelsea, winning 3-2 away from home. Again, the AMR scored and was MotM. Will see how these modifications go over the rest of the season.

So, how is your modified tactic working out for you Sweez? I'm currently trying out your suggestions as I want to see if I can get better performances out of my two central midfielders. Yes, they retain possession very well but I want to see them being more positive especially the right-sided central midfielder (e.g. Iniesta for Barca). I'm using Barkermush's tweaked tactics, and I've modified them using your suggestions.

Although the individual setting for the MCR haven't changed he does seem to be getting forward more, and he seems like a bigger goal-scoring threat than before. Similarly, my wingers seem more lethal in front of goal. In fact, Eden Hazard just had the best game of his career for me. Scored an outstanding hattrick (all the goals were spectacular), got two assists and received a 9.8.

Also won my toughest game of the season so far against Chelsea, winning 3-2 away from home. Again, the AMR scored and was MotM. Will see how these modifications go over the rest of the season.

i 'm in my 3th season , everything goes well . Lamela & Grenier perform well on mcr . Defoe , when u give him confidence , scores for fun . 17 gls in 14 apps .

not yet sure what tempo is best ( it's like quick tempo is best vs topteams )

i allways use attacking movement as match prep when i'm favorite

also not sure about tight marking of mlc ( as my mlc isnt good at marking , but doesnt need that stat could be possible ) , but i prefer tm off for my playmeker

spurs2012team.jpg

spurs2012.jpg

Today i've implemented some new tweaks to Bakermush' version :

* creativity CB's -2

*creativity MLC +1

*passing MLC +1

* creativity MC -2

Dunno how to upload my version of Bakermush ' tactic on this site .

but you guys who want to try my version -> it's Bakermush version + my tweaks from post 822 & this post

edit : try this link :

http://www.2shared.com/file/fmMrMpr5/4-5-1_SexySw33z2013__Tottenham.html

I've managed to get Xavi back up to 75+ succ and 85+ Att whilst still beating At. Madrid 2 - 0. I'll play a few more games with my current tweakings.

Edit: After game two and little more tweaking I have gotten possesion up to 70%+. Managed to not let the other team get 1 shot off and we won 4 - 0. But Xavi's passes halfed . Think I am going to have to give up tweaking and stick with your V3.

Messi 57 goals in 46 games! Xavi 25 assists in 48 games.

I used the following shouts in the last couple of games

"Retain Possession", "Pass to Feet" and "Work Ball into Box"

Xavi got 68 passes (63 completed) so I may look into that further next season

I've managed to get Xavi back up to 75+ succ and 85+ Att whilst still beating At. Madrid 2 - 0. I'll play a few more games with my current tweakings.

Edit: After game two and little more tweaking I have gotten possesion up to 70%+. Managed to not let the other team get 1 shot off and we won 4 - 0. But Xavi's passes halfed . Think I am going to have to give up tweaking and stick with your V3.

How did you use those shouts? As this tactic is in classic style not the TC.

He's copy that from KING ERIC on FM BASE he is most likley using his tactic or just being a ****!!

Today i've implemented some new tweaks to Bakermush' version :

* creativity CB's -2

*creativity MLC +1

*passing MLC +1

* creativity MC -2

Dunno how to upload my version of Bakermush ' tactic on this site .

but you guys who want to try my version -> it's Bakermush version + my tweaks from post 822 & this post

edit : try this link :

http://www.2shared.com/file/fmMrMpr5/4-5-1_SexySw33z2013__Tottenham.html

Very nice mate !!!! I use this Tactic with Hamburger SV and Ze Roberto has the first 5 Games 70 passes average ... In Cup agains Nürnberg he had 115 Passes and 103 complete .

Archived