Total Football: Tic-Tac Magick

If you've tried the tactic, please answer: Are you having success with this tactic?  

547 members have voted

1. 1. If you've tried the tactic, please answer: Are you having success with this tactic?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Regarding the home tactic.....

1. Is it the one that has "test" in the title?

2. Who is the playmaker in this tactic

3. What are the suggested tweaks for the home tactic?

**Edited Tactics**

Home Tactic

http://www.mediafire.com/?u7jqxjnaj3kk2ll

Away Tactic

http://www.mediafire.com/?gs41kaon6gijjg6

Change List:

PLAYMAKER IS NOW ON THE RIGHT (MCR)

1) Mixed forward runs for the playmaker -- Allows him to follow the ball forward with the attack

2) Removed tight marking from playmaker

3) Removed Hold Up Ball on striker -- Now turns more with the ball and looks to run at the defence

4) Increased Defensive Line to 17 (16 clicks)

**Edited Tactics**

Home Tactic

http://www.mediafire.com/?u7jqxjnaj3kk2ll

Away Tactic

http://www.mediafire.com/?gs41kaon6gijjg6

Change List:

PLAYMAKER IS NOW ON THE RIGHT (MCR)

1) Mixed forward runs for the playmaker -- Allows him to follow the ball forward with the attack

2) Removed tight marking from playmaker

3) Removed Hold Up Ball on striker -- Now turns more with the ball and looks to run at the defence

4) Increased Defensive Line to 17 (16 clicks)

are those the changes that have already been made or the changes i have to make to the tactic?

I read somewhere about a creative freedom tweak to the tactics or something like that :s?

Brilliant tactics!

Still have not tried the trick with increased creativity, but I feel that it will bomb!

Which tactics you choose to begin with?

For the time being tested tactics away and I break all (even Real Madrid's 3-2 with a huge advantage and 6 ccc's)

Well done!

hi guys,

here are my result using 'standard' tactic from the OP.

1st. I'm managing Sunderland and no signing at all.

2nd. here are the result:

EPL A 2-1 (W) WOLVES

EPL H 4-1 (W) STOKE

LC A 2-0 (W) DERBY

EPL A 2-0 (W) BLACKPOOL

EPL H 3-2 (W) FULHAM

EPL A 1-0 (W) LIVERPOOL

6 games 6 wins 0 draw 0 lose

And I should admit that I havent faced strong team in the EPL, but I'll update soon.. :D

3rd. here are my line up:

GK. Simon Mignolet

DR. Marcos Angeleri

DC. Titus Bramble

DC. Michael Turner

DL. Phil Bardsley

MC. Lee Cattermole (Busquet's role)

MCR. Stephane Sessegnon (Iniesta's role)

MCL. Jordan Henderson (Xavi's role)

AMR. Steed Malbranque

AML. Kieran Richardson

STC. Asamoah Gyan

Playing longer this tactic can be seen in her two big drawbacks:

- very weak defense

- blatant ineffectiveness

Well, not everyone can have Messi in the team which is enough to give and he will do the rest.

The game pretty to the eye but what if the possession of the ball's not clear?

An opponent would go two ahead to attack and score ....

A large number of applications is not converted into goals.

My rating: 6 / 10 for a real game like Barcelona a lot of this tactic is missing.

Not played on my journey save for a while, just gone back to it recently.

Just finished 4th in the Premier League, dissapointing after winning it the previous season for the first time. We were right in the mix up untill the 2nd to last game.

Won the Champions League for the 3rd time in a row though, won the Super Cup again/ Fifa Club World Cup again/ Carling Cup again.

Lost in the damn semi finals of the FA Cup again, to Man City. :-D

The FA Cup is the only thing I have yet to win, I keep losing in the Semi Finals.

unledjb.th.png

Premier League Table screenie

I sold a few older/ squad players at the start of this season and started to breed my younger players in this season. So I had a smaller squad this season, and with a few injurie's to key players that I got, it effected us.

I was really surprised to win the Champions League again tbh, I was no where near has strong this year ( I couldn't register enough players, so I had to go on holiday to continue the game and it left out a few of my main players) I've noticed that the tactic seems to do really well in the Champions League.

End of the season, just got this message about a new stadium out of the blue (I've never requested a new ground or even an expansion, plus we don't have much money in the bank)

unledhlt.th.png

A £199 million loan and it's called the Wilson Arena after one of the clubs hero? Gutted. :-(

Some good news though, I've just recieved 5 National team offers:

mrpopular.th.png

Mr Popular. ;)

Italy are ranked 1st in the World, Holland 7th, Spain 8th, Portugal 9th and England 10th. I think I might take the England job, but I don't want to get distracted from my Liverpool team too much...

Congratulations, great game. Which tactics do you use?

I use the Standard tactic from the OP, and the +3 Creative Freedom to all positions suggested by Realmadrid. The +3 CF has really made my team play in surprisingly amazing ways at times.

I use the Standard tactic from the OP, and the +3 Creative Freedom to all positions suggested by Realmadrid. The +3 CF has really made my team play in surprisingly amazing ways at times.

OK. I'll try this standard with +3CF

Thanks buddy

Hi,

If you're struggling to create chances you can try making the Width 13 clicks. I just played against Atletico Madrid; I was playing with this Width, as well as dropping my Defensive Line to 7 clicks. I did it because the opposition were pressing very heavily, so I wanted to give my players more space. The two roaming midfielders managed to find space everywhere, causing Atletico to be pushed back and on the defensive.

it seems that when you increase creative freedom by 3 clicks the team plays more attractive football and has more shooting chances but possession and passing drops quite a bit.. does anyone notice this as well?

we put +3 creative freedom to goalkeeper too?

I played two matches of PSV in the Champions League.

The first tactic: standard,+3CF, widely (13 clicks), withdrawn defense (7 clicks)

Here is the statistics:

statwidhdeep.jpg

druzwidhdeep.jpg

In fact, there is plenty of room to play off the ball, allowing the creation of multiple share ccc's. Quite clearly recovering from the game wingers who actually break their defense inputs. The playmaker had fewer applications but a general possession of the ball was higher

The second match played: Standard tactics, +3CF.

Contestants play much closer together as tightly compacted game.

Forwards, yes they play well but their attacks are not as severe and frequent.

Surprisingly, during this match had more ccc's although the total number of shots on goal were significantly lower

statstandard.jpg

druzynastandard.jpg

Hi,

If you're struggling to create chances you can try making the Width 13 clicks. I just played against Atletico Madrid; I was playing with this Width, as well as dropping my Defensive Line to 7 clicks. I did it because the opposition were pressing very heavily, so I wanted to give my players more space. The two roaming midfielders managed to find space everywhere, causing Atletico to be pushed back and on the defensive.

Hi mate, I guess this is with offside trap unticked? How is the tactic progressing? Any improvements?

Wow that is incredible. What tactic you using?

hi gee, actually i'm using bakermush's version (without tweaks) of the tactic.

why i had 4 players with more than 100 passes was due to certain factors in that match

1. the weather was good and dry which is important for a passing game (premier league has mostly wet weather in my opinion)

2. blackpool had 2 players sent off in the first half (which explains the extreme domination of the tactic)

3. i played the same players throughout pre-season friendlies and had team blend in match preparation

4. all my midfielders have composure >15 and their passings are good

having said that, i think that +3 creative freedom for all players is not a good tactical move although it makes the team more attacking.

to have a team play fluid attacking football with full creative freedom would require many players with high flair and decision-making and stamina.

i realised that after tweaking the tactics with +3 creative freedom for all players the possession and passing drops, and many players display stamina drop as well due to more running..

having said that, i think that +3 creative freedom for all players is not a good tactical move although it makes the team more attacking.

to have a team play fluid attacking football with full creative freedom would require many players with high flair and decision-making and stamina.

i realised that after tweaking the tactics with +3 creative freedom for all players the possession and passing drops, and many players display stamina drop as well due to more running..

I do not agree with you my friend.

Since I increased the creativity of all players with 3 clicks team plays more attractive football.

Often players are playing in a very surprising for the opponent (ba even for me;) ) Possession and number of applications does not fall so much, ba is only a few % less, but in return we have a beautiful game and what is most important victory!

Besides, look how the game in Barcelona.

How much of an offensive game engages Dani Alves.

What a beautiful goals won ... Pique.

As mentioned earlier, increase creativity, brought out the tactics of the game play very similar to Barcelona

Still, I miss this tactic left winger position (on which the game Messi).

It is after all a key position in Barcelona next to where the game Xavi and Iniesta.

Here, I would look for solution to the situation and attack gate

• 4 weeks later...
So since the forums are now back, I was wondering if people are still using this great tactic and how you guys are getting on with it? Anyone managed to improve it or make a different form out of it?

I've edited it into a flat 4-4-2 with a target man, didn't think it'd work, played one match and won 3-1 awat at Old Trafford (I was Liverpool). Might put it up in the Liverpool thread to see if people could test it.

Might be because Villarreal have limited ability defenders, but I am leaking goals like a sieve from corners with the Liverpool version. Villarreal have very good passers so I am getting around 85-90 % pass completion but almost every corner against me is resulting in a goal

has anyone had Bojan playing in as a forward ( ST ) in this tactic ? is he good enought to replace van persie ? or should i go for cavani/aguero ?

He does ok for me but I prefer to use him as a LW but he is now backup there because I brought in Hazard. I currently have Vaclav Kadlec as my ST and he does a good job but I'm looking to buy Aguero in the summer although he isn't currently interested in moving to Barca :confused:

thanks for the info mate, i've narrowed now my options to these 2 players, aguero or cavani, and i don't really know who would fit better in that role, cavani does seem a little more interesting, with 18 finishing and high pace, while aguero has much higher flair and technique, with lower finishing. Any opinions ? :( they're both valued around 30-35 mil .

btw, take a look at nuri sahin, this guy's an incredible player. never had so good perfomances from a player in FM before . especially from a CM. absolutely love seing him play.

nurisahinprofileattribu.png

needless to say he won EPL Player of the year award and fan's player of the year. that's with the original HOME tactic , MCL spot.

Wow, good job with managing to get Sahin make 49 assists in as many games!

I would go for Aguero tbh. He is more agile than Cavani which for the ST in this tactic, is quite important imo and as you said, he has higher flair and technique so I would definitely choose him.

Brilliant tactic for top side teams fair enough.

Wonder how this would fair in the lower leagues though where you'll always have someone better than you. A shame really cause its only that Leeds player who justifies this formation.

I want to once again thank Realmadrid for an excellent tactic. The successes I have had are tremendous. Among them are:

- Champion's Cup winners 2020-2023.

- English Premier Divsion winners 2016-2023.

- FA Cup winners 2016, 2018-2021, 2023.

Got cavani in the end, just because i've already had aguero in my previous games and never had Cavani before in FM , i'm curious to see what he can do. In my pre-season friendlies he's been pretty impressive, scoring 4 goals in 4 matches, averaging a 7.78.

Archived