Total Football: Tic-Tac Magick

If you've tried the tactic, please answer: Are you having success with this tactic?  

547 members have voted

1. 1. If you've tried the tactic, please answer: Are you having success with this tactic?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OnePiece skin, mate. You can find it at sortitoutsi forums.

I'm in a bit of a dilemma here, What would you guys do in this position?

I've been offered the Barcelona job and I don't know what to do. Hearts are the team I support and love but I have now won the League 3 years in a row and the treble. Finances aren't the best and now some of my best players won't agree new deals, so I don't think I can take them any further (european success) especially in a low rep league.

Help?!?

I've been offered the Barcelona job and I don't know what to do. Hearts are the team I support and love but I have now won the League 3 years in a row and the treble. Finances aren't the best and now some of my best players won't agree new deals, so I don't think I can take them any further (european success) especially in a low rep league.

Help?!?

accept barcelona offer!! and win all with them :)

and can you post or send me your currently tactic wich you using?

Help?!?

same thing happened to me with my Galatasaray,mate.the seasons after a point starts to repeat it self.so off to man. city i went..sometimes it's best to take a higher challenge

accept barcelona offer!! and win all with them :)

and can you post or send me your currently tactic wich you using?

I use Barkermush's tactic with a few tweaks I used from Sweez and I set wingers to 'cut inside'.

You can find it on post 927.

Thanks for the advice.

Help?!?

Thanks mate , found it .

still have a question about it : you use a background pack ?

Tell,us what u decide mate.. ;)

After a very tough decision I decided to accept the offer from Barcelona. I am sad to be leaving my beloved Hearts but looking forward to a new challenge as Barca only finished 4th last season.

hi,mate..

i'm using the home and away tac. to great success.so far 5 league titles(almost 6 now),18 cups,with two diff. teams(galatasaray,man. city)..am really a fan of this tac. :)

Cheers mate. Is the home and away tactic the ones that have test in the name?

@Jimmyrh94

Yes,mate that's the one.and i don't use away unless i'm underdog or in a final or something(ver imp. match) or i'm away to a same level team.

i would strongly suggest u read real madrid_2007's suggestions about time wasting and tempo changes during a game..

After a very tough decision I decided to accept the offer from Barcelona. I am sad to be leaving my beloved Hearts but looking forward to a new challenge as Barca only finished 4th last season.

off to spanish league then..good luck with the challenge,mate.surely a treble might be on the way ;)

Yeah mate, I use Geordie1981's packs. I think you can find them in the skinning section.

thanks , i've installed the matday only version , but i don't see any background change ( atm i use that african style background from your skin ). what did i forget to make it work ? could you help me with this plz ?

Have you unticked skin cache and ticked reload skin on confirm? So you only want the backgrounds to show on matchdays? Don't they show then?

yes , but nevermind . it's like that skin of you takes hours loading , dunno what it is but i went back to my old skin , np ;)

Thought I put my update of my experience of this tactic...

Managing with AS Saint Etienne, who are predicted to finish 15th; however with their team they are capable of a 7th-10th.

I use Bakermush's (Liverpool 2026).

I managed to win the league, and finish the last 13 games unbeaten and winning the league by 7 points :)

Once the players go used to the tactic we were absolutely rinsing everyone, and my players aren't the best players in the league :)

To finish 1st was actually insane, considering that my striker for the 1st half of the season only has a Finishing rating of 12.

I use no OIs. Match Preparation is left on 'None' and on the standard intensity.

I used it as a Plug and Play, however making sure that my Playmaker (MCL), whoever I decided to play; was able to pass. Therefore, when I picked my 3 Cental Midfielders, the best passer of the three would be the Playmaker. I used Chrsitope Landrin, Alan Dzageov, Tomas Horava, Marko Vicinjovic and Laurent Battles. Alan Dzageov was the best, however the other 4 played very well too.

When using this tactic do not put the middle MC to DMC. People who do this probably experience success as they are Barcelona or Real Madrid. So that would be my advice; however is someone has been able to do this please do fill me in :)

Viva Tic-Tac Magick!!!

Thought I put my update of my experience of this tactic...

Managing with AS Saint Etienne, who are predicted to finish 15th; however with their team they are capable of a 7th-10th.

I use Bakermush's (Liverpool 2026).

I managed to win the league, and finish the last 13 games unbeaten and winning the league by 7 points :)

Once the players go used to the tactic we were absolutely rinsing everyone, and my players aren't the best players in the league :)

To finish 1st was actually insane, considering that my striker for the 1st half of the season only has a Finishing rating of 12.

I use no OIs. Match Preparation is left on 'None' and on the standard intensity.

I used it as a Plug and Play, however making sure that my Playmaker (MCL), whoever I decided to play; was able to pass. Therefore, when I picked my 3 Cental Midfielders, the best passer of the three would be the Playmaker. I used Chrsitope Landrin, Alan Dzageov, Tomas Horava, Marko Vicinjovic and Laurent Battles. Alan Dzageov was the best, however the other 4 played very well too.

When using this tactic do not put the middle MC to DMC. People who do this probably experience success as they are Barcelona or Real Madrid. So that would be my advice; however is someone has been able to do this please do fill me in :)

Viva Tic-Tac Magick!!!

Well done mate.

Yes I have managed to get the DMC working just with the same settings and that was with Hearts (I have now left). I only used it when I was massive underdogs or to shut up shop. I did make other changes to make it solid defensively in team instructions.

I have played fm long enough to know tactics get better and more fluent with your team the longer you use it- so no rude comments to this question.

How many games has it taken most of you lot to get the tactic working? with a top team..united, chelsea etc.

cheers

I put the match prep on full to get them familiar during preseason, then down to very low once all the bars are filled it. The match prep bar has nothing, whatsoever, to do with the special focus areas (team blend, attacking movement etc). One your team is "blending together well", and the familiarity bars are full, it works superbly. In my Newcastle game I won the first match of the first season 6-0 away at the Britannia.

About the Match Preparation worlkload...

I noticed that some people put the setting to High or Average after all the bars are already at 100% capacity. I thought once the bars have filled, it's ok to bring down to very low workload and that'll be that. Is there a difference in play by having the Match Prep workload at very low & very high after the bars are already at capacity?

About the Match Preparation worlkload...

I noticed that some people put the setting to High or Average after all the bars are already at 100% capacity. I thought once the bars have filled, it's ok to bring down to very low workload and that'll be that. Is there a difference in play by having the Match Prep workload at very low & very high after the bars are already at capacity?

Apart from your players don't get as much time on your training schedules, no.

I'm thinking about using a different Match Prep, other than 'None'. I'm thinking Defensive Movement or Defending Set-Peices? Only becuase tthe natural attacking play is great?

I'm thinking about using a different Match Prep, other than 'None'. I'm thinking Defensive Movement or Defending Set-Peices? Only becuase tthe natural attacking play is great?

If your squad is very well gelled (you can check by the assistant) then I don't see why not!

Defensive positioning for heavy matches that you might lose

Attacking movement for matches you're favorite to win

but i use this :

Defensive positioning for really hard games ( away vs top 4 teams & CL away vs Barca and teams of great calibre )

none for all other games . -> i feel i score more than with attacking movement ticked and it's also better for not conceeding imo

80% posession, I think that is the highest I have ever seen.

It was 82% at one point came down though, i started a new game with my home town team Grimsby with 9 nations 22 leagues and about 60,000 players and the quality of player been offered by agents is really good (although my wages are sky high) Only lost 1 after 10 games so can't complain.

What is the recommended tactic for lowe teams like Havant in blue square South?

Im using bakermush's setup although i do have the "corner routine" on, and i alternate for home gays where my Playmaker doesn't have tight marking but has mixed runs.

I firmly believe this setup will work at any level once the players adjust to it! Even better results once you get a half decent playmaker and quick(ish) striker. I've had success with this setup in South Africa's NFD division & now at Blue Square Prem Level.

It was 82% at one point came down though, i started a new game with my home town team Grimsby with 9 nations 22 leagues and about 60,000 players and the quality of player been offered by agents is really good (although my wages are sky high) Only lost 1 after 10 games so can't complain.

Im using bakermush's setup although i do have the "corner routine" on, and i alternate for home gays where my Playmaker doesn't have tight marking but has mixed runs.

I firmly believe this setup will work at any level once the players adjust to it! Even better results once you get a half decent playmaker and quick(ish) striker. I've had success with this setup in South Africa's NFD division & now at Blue Square Prem Level.

Deos Bakermush come with the Corner Set-Up as I dont want to be using it :(

Deos Bakermush come with the Corner Set-Up as I dont want to be using it :(

Nope he has his right winger taking his and its on mixed, i tweaked to do the near post abuse. (Bakermush will not be seeing me in FM hell)

Archived