Total Football: Tic-Tac Magick

If you've tried the tactic, please answer: Are you having success with this tactic?  

547 members have voted

1. 1. If you've tried the tactic, please answer: Are you having success with this tactic?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally won the Premier League in my 3rd season in charge of Liverpool, well 3 and a half seasons really.

And what a way to win it too, with a thumping win against Everton. : -D

unledid.th.png

unledft.th.png

I came close in my first full season in charge, finished 3rd on 84 points 3 behind the winners Man City.

The only other time Liverpool have won the Premier League on this save was once, back in 2016, so 11 years ago. [Only won it twice in over 30 years since the Premier League was formed lol]

-------------------------------------------------------------------

First season [Took over in October with them 14th in the League, they had not been playing in Europe for the last 2 seasons]

I got them to a 6th place finish and into the Europa League; Lost in the FA Cup 3rd round away at Newcastle;

(They had already been knocked out of the Carling Cup before I took over, they lost at home to Crewe in the 2nd round on Penalties.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

First full season:

Finished 3rd in the Premier League; Won the Carling Cup;

Lost in the Europa League Quarter final to Arsenal; Lost in the FA Cup 6th round to Man City

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second full season:

Finished 6th in the Premier League (concentrated too much on the Champions League); Won the Champions League :D

Lost in the Carling Cup Quarter final to Man City; Lost in the FA Cup Semi Final to Birmingham.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third full season so far:

Won the Premier League with a game to go; Won the Super Cup; Won the Fifa Club World Cup; Won the Carling Cup again; and due to play Arsenal in the final of the Champions League.

Lost in the FA Cup Semi final again, this time to Man City. [Rested players for an upcoming Champions League game though].

Hopefully I can beat Arsenal in the Champions League final and make it 5 trophys out of 6.

My striker is still banging them in, even though he's knocking on a bit now he's still got 61 goals in 53(1) appearances:

unledsy.th.png

Top scorer in the Premier League with 43 goals and he's the top scorer in the Champions League too, with 17 goals.

Good job Bakermush :thup:

The only other time Liverpool have won the Premier League on this save was once, back in 2016, so 11 years ago. [Only won it twice in over 30 years since the Premier League was formed lol]

how many years would that make in real life with no prm. league championship?i hope they win in one of these years.

Good job Bakermush :thup:

how many years would that make in real life with no prm. league championship?i hope they win in one of these years.

Thank's.

Erm the last time they won the top league in real life was the 1989-1990 season. .

So in Real Life they have gone 21 years without a top league win.

The Premier League was formed 2 years later for the 1992-93 season, so they have gone 19 years without a Premier League win. :thup:

Thank's.

Erm the last time they won the top league in real life was the 1989-1990 season. .

So in Real Life they have gone 21 years without a top league win.

The Premier League was formed 2 years later for the 1992-93 season, so they have gone 19 years without a Premier League win. :thup:

that's sad man :(

anyways though where IS real madrid_2007?

im beginning to worry :)

other than that loving this tac. so far...

I've now finished my second season in charge with Hearts and was delighted with the way it went. We ended up winning the SPL and the Scottish Cup! :D We also got through to the 1st knockout round of the Europa League which, for our 1st season in europe with me in charge, I thought was a good achievement. We were eliminated by Napoli 6-3 on agg. who ended up defeating PSG in the Final, 1-0.

League Table

SPL2011-12.png

Scottish Cup Final

SCFinal.png

My Main Striker

Bakambu-1.png

His form dipped slightly towards the end of the season but that was because he suffered a couple of injuries and wasn't firing on all cylinders by the end. Still the most a striker has scored for me in 1 season in any FM so I'm delighted with that.

If anyone was wondering, I was using Barkermush's tweaked version with his latest striker settings and also very slight tweaks I made too.

Credit to Realmadrid_2007 for such a great tactic, I hope you are back posting soon mate! Credit to Barkermush for his great tweaks too, especially the Striker settings which has my ST banging in loads as you can see.

His form dipped slightly towards the end of the season but that was because he suffered a couple of injuries and wasn't firing on all cylinders by the end. Still the most a striker has scored for me in 1 season in any FM so I'm delighted with that.

I've had the same thing with my Striker, he bangs in the goals but after Xmas he get's a couple of injuries for 2 month or so, and it dents his form.

This was the first season that my striker went more aless injury free & only 1 red card.

benitezrecord.th.png

barkermush which version's that, also what type of wide players do you use/recommend

It's the version I uploaded with the tweaked striker settings.

This season I have played a left winger on the right wing, and a Striker out on the left wing. (retrained him to be able to play as a AML)

This is what the player looks like that I played on the right wing:

unledinx.th.jpg

PPM's: 'Aviods using weaker foot'

He picked up a injury and was out for about 3/4 months ish, around January time I think.

And this is what the player looks like that I played on the left wing:

unledqa.th.jpg

PPM's: 'Avoids using weaker foot' 'Knocks ball past opponent'

@Barkermush - Yeah that's what I've always done, have left footer on right wing and right footer on left wing. I have also set their wide play to 'cut inside' Those were the only tweaks I made, well changing the tempo & time wasting too during games.

Almost finished my 2nd season with Barcelona. As you can tell, I haven't been playing that much. I'll finish the season off this weekend and post the screenshots. We've pretty much won the league with 4 games to go and we're in the final of the Champions League against Athletico Madrid. Villa has been on fire this season, so as Xavi with his assists.

There definitely needs to be a few more tactics to cope with different situations, as 2nd season has been a bit tough in terms of conceding a few more than 1st season. But this could be due to Puyol losing a bit of his pace, which is why I've bought Sakho as a potential replacement

this team can use target man?

I'm sorrry my English is bad

I have lost many goal corners because rivals use DC attack Near Post when i used this tactic ( I play Fm11.3 online with friend)

Who can help I modify tactic?

thank all

I used MU : I buy Pastore - Paulo henriques- Mata -P Mexes- M Fellani- Akinfeep(2013)

Almost finished my 2nd season with Barcelona. As you can tell, I haven't been playing that much. I'll finish the season off this weekend and post the screenshots. We've pretty much won the league with 4 games to go and we're in the final of the Champions League against Athletico Madrid. Villa has been on fire this season, so as Xavi with his assists.

There definitely needs to be a few more tactics to cope with different situations, as 2nd season has been a bit tough in terms of conceding a few more than 1st season. But this could be due to Puyol losing a bit of his pace, which is why I've bought Sakho as a potential replacement

good news realmadrid_2007

what are the latest tweaks you are using at the moment? is it much different from the home tactic?

Barkermush

Thanks for uploading your tweaked version of the original tactics.

Just to confirm that the tactics you linked us to in post 741 are the latest ones that you have been using yourself and that of the 3 central midfielders the left-sided one is the playmaker (Xavi role), the middle MC (Busquets) and the right-sided central midfielder is (Iniesta).

ETA - Do you change the time wasting and tempo sliders during a match as was recommended by the OP? Would this tip work with your tweaked version of the OP's tactics? OP mentioned this in post #306

Time Wasting -

0 clicks: Desperate for a goal; drawing or losing at the end of the match. 75 mins

3 clicks: When I'm looking for a goal before half time when it's 0-0, or we are drawing. (30/35 mins)

6 clicks: My standard setting (15 mins onwards, or 60 mins onwards for 2nd half)

9 clciks: Used for the first 15 mins of each half when I want to control possession yet still offer a goal scoring threat

13/16 clicks: Used towards the end of the game when I'm winning and just want to control the ball to prevent tiredness.

Tempo:

3 clicks: My standard Tempo setting

9 clicks: Break down the opposition if they are camped on the edge of their area (Usually with a 6 Time Wasting)

14 clicks: When the opposition are pressing me heavily

17 clicks: Under intense opposition pressure (very rarely do I use this)

Thanks

Barkermush

Thanks for uploading your tweaked version of the original tactics.

Just to confirm that the tactics you linked us to in post 741 are the latest ones that you have been using yourself and that of the 3 central midfielders the left-sided one is the playmaker (Xavi role), the middle MC (Busquets) and the right-sided central midfielder is (Iniesta).

ETA - Do you change the time wasting and tempo sliders during a match as was recommended by the OP? Would this tip work with your tweaked version of the OP's tactics? OP mentioned this in post #306

Time Wasting -

0 clicks: Desperate for a goal; drawing or losing at the end of the match. 75 mins

3 clicks: When I'm looking for a goal before half time when it's 0-0, or we are drawing. (30/35 mins)

6 clicks: My standard setting (15 mins onwards, or 60 mins onwards for 2nd half)

9 clciks: Used for the first 15 mins of each half when I want to control possession yet still offer a goal scoring threat

13/16 clicks: Used towards the end of the game when I'm winning and just want to control the ball to prevent tiredness.

Tempo:

3 clicks: My standard Tempo setting

9 clicks: Break down the opposition if they are camped on the edge of their area (Usually with a 6 Time Wasting)

14 clicks: When the opposition are pressing me heavily

17 clicks: Under intense opposition pressure (very rarely do I use this)

Thanks

Hi, yeah that is the latest version that I'm using. No I don't use the time wasting tweaks I just use it as a plug and play, you could try the time wasting tips and see if it works though, no harm in trying. :thup:

Edit: Actually I'm telling a lie, sometimes I put the time wasting on maximum (20 clicks) for the lat 8 minutes or so of game, if I'm down to 10 men or if I'm leading by 1 goal against a strong team away from home.

But that's all I do with the time wasting and only on rare occasions.

what match preparation do you use, @bakermush ?also, any OI?

Nope, I don't use any OI.

Match Prep: High on Non (During Pre-season: Very High on Team Blend).

Pitch Size: Biggest Possible.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I won the Champions League for the 2nd season in a row, against Arsenal. We absolutely killed them, they got a lucky goal (there 1st and only shot on target) Took us untill extra time to kill them off though.

unledka.th.png

unleduqn.png

I won 5 trophies really (5 out of 6) but the game has not counted one. (The Super cup i think).

Thanks for the quick reply, Barkermush, and thanks to Realmadrid_2007 for creating them.

I've messed around with the tempo and time-wasting sliders and it went well, although I think I passed the ball about better and kept more possession when I just left them as you intended them to be.

Just a note about match prep; it cuts into your training time. So doing high on none will simply have your team learning tactics they are already fluid in and taking away from training time. I use average on 'attacking movement' but just be aware that match prep digs into training time.

My strategy regarding match prep is to now just set it to 'high' and on 'team blend' just for Pre-season. Then I just set it to 'none' and with workload on 'none' as drhay53 said, it cuts into your training time. I then set it to 'average' and attacking movement against weaker sides, defensive positioning if I'm underdog etc. just before I play a match as it doesn't matter when you set your focus, you can go the whole week with it at 'none' then change just before the next match and it works just the same.

Nope, I don't use any OI.

Match Prep: High on Non (During Pre-season: Very High on Team Blend).

Pitch Size: Biggest Possible.

what possession do you usually have with a maximum size pitch, wouldn't it be better to have a standard/narrow pitch, for the passing game to work better ?

I'm now playing a tweaked version of this with the cenral midfielder pulled back to DM and given more defensive settings, the right midfielder still set as a central playmaker, but the left midfielder encouraged to get forward more. Its working really nicely. Thanks again for this tactic, has really made the last couple of months of FM fun

Just give Barkermush's version with Liverpool, second season with Liverpool, and beat Man City 3-1 at home in the CC semi final. Played very well, had over 60% of the ball. Didn't play Andy Carroll, but do you think it'd be worth trying to implement him into the tactic?

Anybody an idea for a good leftback for this tactic ? Just started a new 11.3 game with Tottenham , feels like i gonna love this savegame but i dont wan't to spend a lot , i feel i have a good team .

Could Bassong do the job in rotation with Assou-Ekotto ? As Bassong looks to not be th type of fullback for this tactic .

Masilela just signed for Liverpool , there goes my cheap option lol :(

ps : big respect for this wonderfull thread , superb efforts guys (y)

yes,mate...

thanks , not easy to find the right balance for Tottenham midfield , but i won't complain with those quality players to my disposal

Sold Jenas and bought Lukaku ( 9 mil ) , Rousillon (4 mil ) & Carcela (2 mil ) and loaned Dédé

lets see ... :)

thanks , not easy to find the right balance for Tottenham midfield , but i won't complain with those quality players to my disposal

Sold Jenas and bought Lukaku ( 9 mil ) , Rousillon (4 mil ) & Carcela (2 mil ) and loaned Dédé

lets see ... :)

good luck mate.the tactic is good i can vouch for that..don't forget to use the time wasting and tempo adj.

i'm really confused after rereading the OP

what version should i use for best results ?

i'm using the home and away tac.

'home' for most games.'away' if i'm playing away to a strong team or 'away' to a team that's stronger from me even if i'm at home.which is a rare thing to happen.

some guys here use Bakermush's tweaked ver. to great success as well.it's up to u.godd luck :thup:

When i look to striker instructions i see that closing down is put to quite a lot , do i necesarly need a striker with high workrate ?

i'm using Bakermush tactic , but changed some minor things

MLC playmaker : ticked off tight marking and gave him mixed run from deep

tempo & timewasting : i start with both settings on 4 clicks

thinking to give aml & amr a mentality boost of +1 , but what about fullbacks then i think i will have to boost their mentality with +1 too ( could be attacking tactic development -> against little teams )

edit : @ Bakermush : 1) u have success with using only 1 tactic ? as i don't see you have an away tactic ?

2 ) leftfoot takes right corner and righfoot left corner ? is that right ?

Bakermush, could your tweaked tactic work for medicore teams, judging that the Man-Management is done right?

It could do, I used it with Northwich/Bradford in the Confrence etc and we dominated possession and the League with Bradford.

Although away at better teams, we struggled for shots/efforts on goal.. with Northwich.

So you should still dominate possession with a medicore team, but you could struggle for efforts on goal against the better teams.

When i look to striker instructions i see that closing down is put to quite a lot , do i necesarly need a striker with high workrate ?

i'm using Bakermush tactic , but changed some minor things

MLC playmaker : ticked off tight marking and gave him mixed run from deep

tempo & timewasting : i start with both settings on 4 clicks

thinking to give aml & amr a mentality boost of +1 , but what about fullbacks then i think i will have to boost their mentality with +1 too ( could be attacking tactic development -> against little teams )

edit : @ Bakermush : 1) u have success with using only 1 tactic ? as i don't see you have an away tactic ?

2 ) leftfoot takes right corner and righfoot left corner ? is that right ?

Yeah I'm still having success and yeah I only use the 1 same tactic all the time.

Erm it doesn't matter about what foot, just that who ever plays in the right wing position, takes both the left and right corners. :thup:

Archived