So, it's the second week of March...

StevoRobbo, are you saying that a tactic build to work with ME 11.3 but with database from 11.2 will not work the same way in ME 11.3 and database 11.3?

I think that the tactic efficiency is only affect by the ME.

For example i thinking od starting a nwe save with the patch 11.3, but still using the database (transfers and so on) from 11.2.

I will make a tactic that, lets say, it will work just perfectly.

If i start another save but with the database from 11.3, will my tactic effect be different?

Well obviously your players attributes contribute to how he plays on the pitch. So you use the new 11.3 ME and in 11.3 database Bale has had an upgrade. Bale might play as normal (balanced) in the 11.3 ME because his changes have been tested and balanced using this ME.

But then you might start another game, Still using the new 11.3 ME but with the original database where Bale has had no upgrade. So its fair to say that if and upgraded Bale plays 'normally' in the new ME, how is a worse/downgraded version of Bale from the original database going to perform in the new ME?

That is why tactics change throughout the patches. Also how players play. This is why tactics need to be tweaked when patches are released. Not massive changes. Some even work better with a new ME.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The initial incarnation of FM11 was obviously crap, but with the patches, i honestly do not see how the game is unplayable.

Other than the odd bug that I've encountered in the game its been fine. Some people just feel the need to moan cause they can. The games playable, theres no doubt about it, and I'd rather it stayed that way than SI release a patch thats got a major crash bug in and therefore render the game unplayable.

The fact is its already been stated they expect a crash free weekend and hopefully the patch to be released within the next week or so. It's not been promised though, so people really can't moan. If people moan this much about the fact it hasn't been released yet though, I'd hate to think what would happen if they released a patch that killed everything off everytime it ran a certain part of that patch.

They will deliver on it though mate, its like any company, timescales change as problems occur.

For example i work in hospitality right, and youve booked a table with me for 7.30, and i know we run a busy shop, so i always advise my customers that in the case of the restaurant being busy, to order a round of drinks and take a seat in our bar area, because all of a sudden things could go wrong in the kitchen, or i could have a rush coming in the door, and no tables left, and as much as i could plan ahead for it, sometimes theres going to be a delay and people have to accept it.

Not so sure if thats the best example, but its all i could be bothered thinking of atm haha

Aha so you're comparing you waiting tables at a restaurant to programming? And I'm the one who's talking horseshit? :-D Ha ha. Maybe you should leave such details to people that do actually know what they are talking about from experience my friend. From a programming perspective SI have had adequate time to do exactly what they should have done but have failed to do it and seem to be making things worse and worse if anything. Pile in any analogy you want but that's a fact.

Aha so you're comparing you waiting tables at a restaurant to programming? And I'm the one who's talking horseshit? :-D Ha ha. Maybe you should leave such details to people that do actually know what they are talking about from experience my friend. From a programming perspective SI have had adequate time to do exactly what they should have done but have failed to do it and seem to be making things worse and worse if anything. Pile in any analogy you want but that's a fact.

How long did you work for SI for crew ??

I see what your saying. Its just when people use an example of their testing like that I cant help but think back to release where players were getting upset and leaving and this wasnt picked up in testing. If they tested the data for that long (over the length of Wilsheres career) they would have picked up on that before release. But thats another argument thats already died a death so I'll leave that there.

Using your example though, who's to say that a manager would be wrong if the bought Wilshere and dropped Xavi. If the manager thinks thats the best thing to do then isnt that their choice? After the Arsenal/Barca game, all the talk was about Wilshere to Barca and forget Fabregas. If Wilshere did go to Barca, who would he replace? Who would be dropped to make way? Maybe if your example did pan out in the game, who's to say that would be way off the mark?

Also if Wilshere does deserve an upgrade, and all the data is correct, attributes are spot on and the majority agree, so what if Barca buy him and Xavi gets dropped. If Wilsheres data is correct and attributes are more realistic and agreed, that is all that matters. Not what an AI Guardiola chooses to do with his team. You cant hold Wilshere back because AI Pep drops a clanger. And thats not really the ME's fault. Thats the AI managers fault and that side of the game. And we all know that no matter how much they test this patch, you will still get the usuall awful AI management anyway.

If we could control the choices of the AI. The game would get very boring very quickly. It would be too predictable. Which shouldnt be the case. As far as the actuall ME goes and the effect it will have on results of games and how teams/players play, the database changes to player attributes and such will have minimal effect either on the new ME, 11.2, 11.1, or 11.0 ME. If it changed that much, if you started a save with the original database but using the 11.3 ME there would be chaos wouldnt there? No of course there isnt. Because the changes dont drastically change anything.

If they knew the patch was going to take this long, SI could and probably should have released the database a long time ago. People could have been happily playing now. But instead everybody is unhappy (sweeping statement :D ) rather than just the people wanting the patch/bug fixes. It doesnt make sense. Not to me anyway.

Without going too much into it because its a different argument, but in real life there is no way Barca would replace Xavi with Wilshire right now, but in game the AI deals with numbers, so if wilshire has higher numbers than Xavi (including the ones we dont see) then the AI will assume Wilshire is better and try to replace what they have with him, in this case Xavi, so in essence you could find that in the first season one of the worlds top 3 players being replaced with an up and coming 19 year old who has yet to prove he will be up to that level consistently. The outcry on the forums would be crazy and to be honest they would be right, now that is one tiny example, think about that for every single player who may get an up or down grade during January and the picture builds up quickly, the database could very quickly become unbalanced when compared to the original and the game its self could end up playing very differently, so they have to be careful, each change does not only affect the player but can affect his team, league and even nation and the knock on effects to other players, teams and nations not directly affected can come into it. Again just using Wilshire as an example, but Xavi gets dropped, in turn he gets dropped from the National team, which in turn means another spanish player gets promoted or called up, what affect does that then have on the called up player, his team and the league he plays in. I sound like a broken record but it all has to be balanced, so any change is tested to make sure it keeps inline with what we would associate with real life, afterall what people want is for this game to mimic what we see everyday.

you last statements sums it up. IF they knew. clearly they didn't anticipate the issues they are dealing with.

Well it doesnt really matter if they did know. They still wouldnt release the database seperately anyway. They already have a list of excuses as to why it cant be done. And ive already covered in other threads, everything ive already said here but they cant answer. For the simple reason that there is no excuse. When you are clearly wrong, people from SI will come out and tell you exactly why you are wrong, which is fair enough. But with this database issue, every excuse that got thrown out as to why they couldnt realease it, they got a perfectly good answer back to. Until it got to a point where they just say 'if it was that easy we would do it'. No im sorry that a kop out. If we was wrong and they knew why, they would say, just like all they other times. But the fact that they cant come out and say 'this is why we cant release them separately' and tell us why, says to me its a load of rubbish and just excuse after excuse.

Ive already used the 11.2 database with an unpatched game to see if you can get the database to work. It does. No issues whatsoever. Apart from the bugs. On a purely database side of things, the game works. The same as it would if they released the new 11.3 data to be used now.

I never have although if I did maybe the patch would be out sooner. :-)

Exactly so really like ive said before you have't really a clue how things should or should't be done just because you have a simlar type of job dose't make you a expert on programming a game dose it ??

Bugs occur, they have to find said bug, attempt to fix said bug, test to see if said bug is fixed. It's either fixed or not, and they may need to go back to try and fix it again. They then fix said bug, and it has a knock on effect that causes another bug, and they have to go through the process again until they've eliminated as many bugs as possible.

I'm sure you're a good programmer, but I'm also sure that the size of the project required to be done by SI is on a much larger scale than you've done before regardless of how many people they have working on it.

• SI Staff

That's not really something you can state as fact without knowing the planned workload or what is exactly involved. We want to get the patch out as soon as we can and are doing our best to make that happen.

Exactly so really like ive said before you have't really clue how things should or should't be done just because you have a simlar type of job dose't make you a expert on programming a game dose it ??

Uhm. I think you're missing the point...again. When I do my work I don't say things like "we are aiming to have it out for early next week...actually we are aiming to have it out for late next week...actually we are aiming to have it out for the week after....actually maybe it'll be next month now"

If you can't meet such things don't say them. And if you do say them and don't reach them you've failed.

Uhm. I think you're missing the point...again. When I do my work I don't say things like "we are aiming to have it out for early next week...actually we are aiming to have it out for late next week...actually we are aiming to have it out for the week after....actually maybe it'll be next month now"

If you can't meet such things don't say them. And if you do say them and don't reach them you've failed.

Hmm late feb early march as always been the target im sure were still in early march

That's not really something you can state as fact without knowing the planned workload or what is exactly involved. We want to get the patch out as soon as we can and are doing our best to make that happen.

So are you involved in the whole process of coding development then? Because if not then it appears you too don't know the workload or what is exactly involved and can't really comment or if you are then why are you wasting your time on the forums when you should e doing your "best" to get the patch ready as you say?

your work does not involve working for SI though, so nobody cares :D

I've genuinely not noticed any problems in the game - some of the exagurations in this thread are fantastic.

SI would sell as many games next year patch or no patch. And you would buy it.

Wrong. The first patch is almost compulsory. The top players being listed, and the ME flaws are there in your face to see it.

And spanish league is screwed. for 1 simple fact that 3/4 of the players don't have minimum fee and new contracts doesn't require having the players minimum fee in their contracts. don't even get started on the USA league.

and the preview screen is screwed for you click any player and press back and the whole thing is blank now. and french league buying 40 over players a season? other league clubs buying a chunk of non-eu players? and now how many patches have we seen so far ready? you won't notice unless you are only playing the English league which i suppose so.

and this bugs and in your face kind. the first patch is a must or they are going to lose 1 hell of customers amount. the subsequent 1 well... yea have to give it to them. nice of them.

you are now not noticing much bugs like i do, because im enjoying fm but thats only because its now at 11.2.1. if none of the patches have been out, alot of people are going to be ****ed.

to me, as long as you only play the english league. you will be very happy.

Without going too much into it because its a different argument, but in real life there is no way Barca would replace Xavi with Wilshire right now, but in game the AI deals with numbers, so if wilshire has higher numbers than Xavi (including the ones we dont see) then the AI will assume Wilshire is better and try to replace what they have with him, in this case Xavi, so in essence you could find that in the first season one of the worlds top 3 players being replaced with an up and coming 19 year old who has yet to prove he will be up to that level consistently. The outcry on the forums would be crazy and to be honest they would be right, now that is one tiny example, think about that for every single player who may get an up or down grade during January and the picture builds up quickly, the database could very quickly become unbalanced when compared to the original and the game its self could end up playing very differently, so they have to be careful, each change does not only affect the player but can affect his team, league and even nation and the knock on effects to other players, teams and nations not directly affected can come into it. Again just using Wilshire as an example, but Xavi gets dropped, in turn he gets dropped from the National team, which in turn means another spanish player gets promoted or called up, what affect does that then have on the called up player, his team and the league he plays in. I sound like a broken record but it all has to be balanced, so any change is tested to make sure it keeps inline with what we would associate with real life, afterall what people want is for this game to mimic what we see everyday.

So do they do this testing for every player that gets changed in the entire database? Or only the important ones? If they was bothered that much, why does Park always start at Man Utd transfer listed and in the reserves when we all know this isnt the case. Why is Rafael always in the reserves but Fabio in the first team. If anything its the other way round. The excuse for that is that there are other better players in the squad in them positions so they get transfer listed by the AI managers. But no, they dont give Park and Rafael a bump so they stay in the first team (reflecting real life). They cant do that becuase then Park and Rafael would have the wrong attributes wouldnt they. And we cant have that, even if it does 'balance' the game. So thats fine but a AI Pep isnt allowed to buy Wilshire and drop Xavi?

what is an adequate time to sort a problem you cant track down?

Honestly mate calm yourself down SI are not delaying the patch intentionally or anything like that, if we dont have it its because it doesnt work, and if it doesnt work then the only people who can make it work are those that work on the game.

Just because you know about programming does not mean you have a good idea about FM, I know how to cut my grass, but i know bugger all about landscape gardening.

Are you sure your not just picking faults? because i think there was only 2 issues that i really had problems with, wasnt much else if im honest that i found

Just because you haven't encountered any issues that doesn't mean they don't exist.

your work does not involve working for SI though, so nobody cares :D

Actually it seems people do care as 50% of the guys here seem to be complaining about there not being a patch yet but if you mean that nobody cares about you I'm sorry to hear that. :D

So are you involved in the whole process of coding development then? Because if not then it appears you too don't know the workload or what is exactly involved and can't really comment or if you are then why are you wasting your time on the forums when you should e doing your "best" to get the patch ready as you say?

Some boy you crew :rolleyes:

Miles if your watching this thread get this genius on the pay roll :eek:

what is an adequate time to sort a problem you cant track down?

Honestly mate calm yourself down SI are not delaying the patch intentionally or anything like that, if we dont have it its because it doesnt work, and if it doesnt work then the only people who can make it work are those that work on the game.

Just because you know about programming does not mean you have a good idea about FM, I know how to cut my grass, but i know bugger all about landscape gardening.

I'm calm but I think it's pathetic when customer service is cast aside due to laziness and incompetence which is largely a result of such laziness. This is not a personal rant for my own benefit. I barely play on fm or games anymore and doubt I would even when the patch comes out but the excuses and lies are what get to me. If SI and Miles put as much effort in as they claimed they had this wouldn't be happening. I have no doubt that the plan is to delay the patch as much as possible that by the time it comes out people won't care how poor it is and will be looking forward to the next game. I think the most important thing is trading standards deal with this and not allow SI to charge so much for future versions of the game. If SI and Miles can't produce the goods hit them liars and scammers where it hurts. Their pockets. Then they will have to get the quality up to the adequate level. £20 maximum for this game it should be next year IMO

Actually it seems people do care as 50% of the guys here seem to be complaining about there not being a patch yet but if you mean that nobody cares about you I'm sorry to hear that. :D

how u came to that conclusion is worrying, thank god u dont work for SI ;) or you would misunderstand peoples cries for a patch and think none were needed :D

So do they do this testing for every player that gets changed in the entire database? Or only the important ones? If they was bothered that much, why does Park always start at Man Utd transfer listed and in the reserves when we all know this isnt the case. Why is Rafael always in the reserves but Fabio in the first team. If anything its the other way round. The excuse for that is that there are other better players in the squad in them positions so they get transfer listed by the AI managers. But no, they dont give Park and Rafael a bump so they stay in the first team (reflecting real life). They cant do that becuase then Park and Rafael would have the wrong attributes wouldnt they. And we cant have that, even if it does 'balance' the game. So thats fine but a AI Pep isnt allowed to buy Wilshire and drop Xavi?

im not saying they will directly test any single player, what i am saying is that is an example of how changing one player in the database can have a knock on effect, i would imagine they will test the whole database and not one player when they do these changes.

With park they have said its a hard one to get right, Park in essence is not a great player, but he offers Fergie something he likes, a hard working midfielder but in terms of skill he is not Nani or Valencia so the game doesnt rate him as high, again thats another argument to do with PA and various other things.

Your missing my point, of course an AI pep can sign who he wants, but would you find it realistic too see Barca drop Xavi in favour or Wilshire first season? People harp on and on about realism so SI have to balance it as well as they can.

Just because you haven't encountered any issues that doesn't mean they don't exist.

to be honest, if i only play the English league with very vague knowledge of how the other league around the world are played and their rules, i wouldnt notice any problem at all.

the English league is very well done.

Last warning, CREW. The SI boys can look after themselves, but you are walking a tightrope here. Stop casting aspersions as to their work ethic or integrity or you will be taking a forum holiday until after the patch is released.

I'm calm but I think it's pathetic when customer service is cast aside due to laziness and incompetence which is largely a result of such laziness. This is not a personal rant for my own benefit. I barely play on fm or games anymore and doubt I would even when the patch comes out but the excuses and lies are what get to me. If SI and Miles put as much effort in as they claimed they had this wouldn't be happening. I have no doubt that the plan is to delay the patch as much as possible that by the time it comes out people won't care how poor it is and will be looking forward to the next game. I think the most important thing is trading standards deal with this and not allow SI to charge so much for future versions of the game. If SI and Miles can't produce the goods hit them liars and scammers where it hurts. Their pockets. Then they will have to get the quality up to the adequate level. £20 maximum for this game it should be next year IMO

your not calm when throwing around insults like "liars and scammers" no one has lied, they stated everything before the game came out, patch schedule and everything, nothing has changed from that statement.

If this is not for your own benefit who is it for? Like you say you dont really play FM, so what point are you trying to get across, if you think you are fighting the corner for the slient unhappy customers you are far wrong, you are just ranting, like other people do, but you are offering nothing to the greater picture, nothing will change because of your thread, SI will not change their policy because of your thread, and Miles will not step down or be sacked because of your thread. If you dont play FM then leave the forums and post elsewhere.

Next year this game will jump straight to number one in the charts and we will have another 10 people like yourself with these threads, nothing changes really.

absolute rubbish.

im not saying they will directly test any single player, what i am saying is that is an example of how changing one player in the database can have a knock on effect, i would imagine they will test the whole database and not one player when they do these changes.

With park they have said its a hard one to get right, Park in essence is not a great player, but he offers Fergie something he likes, a hard working midfielder but in terms of skill he is not Nani or Valencia so the game doesnt rate him as high, again thats another argument to do with PA and various other things.

Your missing my point, of course an AI pep can sign who he wants, but would you find it realistic too see Barca drop Xavi in favour or Wilshire first season? People harp on and on about realism so SI have to balance it as well as they can.

But if Wilshere deserves a increase, either to his attributes or CA/PA, and this increase causes the situation you have mentioned, is it fair that Wilshere's true attributes should be held back to stop this?

So just as an example, say Wilsheres current passing attribute is 4 and is massively wrong and need raising to 15, and this causes the chain which makes him better than Xavi, is it fair that Wilshere should only be raised to 11 to avoid this? Thus purposely entering wrong attributes just to balance.

Pardon the interruption, but...

If i manage Arsenal i will not make the same decisions as Arsene Wenger, so why should i expect that "FM Alex fergusson" should do the same as "Real Alex fergusson"? The fact that Park is on transfer list, it's similar to various players that in real life dont play much, but in FM they are first choices from their FM managers.

Perhaps the problem, if there is any, it's more on the manager atributes (why FM's Alex Fergusson dont play Park) and not in Park Atributes.

Do what I do, buy the game every March, that way you get the game in its full peak and all the updated transfers with the new patch and little bugs (but you still get bugs with FM anyway). Im going to buy the game every 2 years from now on because it will only be March-March (2yrs later) where I will be happy playing a less buggy game and have more features to be pleased about.

your not calm when throwing around insults like "liars and scammers" no one has lied, they stated everything before the game came out, patch schedule and everything, nothing has changed from that statement.

If this is not for your own benefit who is it for? Like you say you dont really play FM, so what point are you trying to get across, if you think you are fighting the corner for the slient unhappy customers you are far wrong, you are just ranting, like other people do, but you are offering nothing to the greater picture, nothing will change because of your thread, SI will not change their policy because of your thread, and Miles will not step down or be sacked because of your thread. If you dont play FM then leave the forums and post elsewhere.

Next year this game will jump straight to number one in the charts and we will have another 10 people like yourself with these threads, nothing changes really.

A number 1 doesn't make a great game though. Not saying you were trying to say that but I just thought I'd post this anyway.

It is interesting that every negative comment is perceived as whining by some people. Negative comments and demands are part of a product/service transaction. While I do believe that SI guys work hard to make the game better, I also think that there is no real alternative to FM in the game world. Otherwise, things would be very hard for the SI. That's called competition, which does not exist in the football manager games sector. Any other managerial game is nowhere near as good as FM. I don't even check if there are any other FM-like games because I don't care about any other game. Therefore, whatever fault/bug exists in the FM, many people tend to ignore them and continue to play. (and I am one of them)

I have been waiting for the patch for months now and had to stop playing. That's especially because transfer system is broken so that takes all the fun away for me. Therefore, IMHO, the game is not playable right now. Some people may think otherwise and some may find match engine to be broken (which I disagree and think that it is the best ME ever). However, when I mention this, it does not mean I am whining about it.

I just hope that the patch will be released soon as I can't find any other games to play lol.

i completely agree with this, i also remember when on early fm's there was the editor already on the game, where is this feature now, i think it should be put back on so ppl can chage anything by choice like players, money, anything! i dont understand why it got deleted, also if there is an editor how do u get it on ure own game??

Pardon the interruption, but...

If i manage Arsenal i will not make the same decisions as Arsene Wenger, so why should i expect that "FM Alex fergusson" should do the same as "Real Alex fergusson"? The fact that Park is on transfer list, it's similar to various players that in real life dont play much, but in FM they are first choices from their FM managers.

Perhaps the problem, if there is any, it's more on the manager atributes (why FM's Alex Fergusson dont play Park) and not in Park Atributes.

Thats exactly my point. You cant go around upgrading and downgrading players because their career doesnt pan out how YOU think it should. If the players have correct attributes and realistic CA/PA that is all that matters. Imagine if in November, Andy Carroll was upgraded a bit and in the test saves he was always bought by Liverpool for £35m, going by that logic he would have to be toned down because that would never happen would it. thats not realistic. You cant change players just because the AI is wrong. The AI will always be wrong because its impossible to predict random events.

So as far as the database goes, if all the players data is correct, that is all that matters. Its ready for release and could have been used a long time ago. Regardless of testing. From the second you start your save, unrealistic descisions are being made by the AI wether you are using 11.0, 11.1, 11.2 or the new 11.3.

This thread needs to be closed, it's turned into the usual fanboi versus moaners snorefest. Some of the lines people have used to defend the game have actually made me laugh out loud, which has made me look a little silly at work.

The patch is due this week (fingers crossed) so you can all go back to the next perfect patch or to find more faults to complain about on the forums soon enough.

These forums get worse every single year

Had a phone call from one of my closest friends last night. His brother was killed in a motorcycle accident. He's pretty beside himself right now, and then I come on here and read the whining and groaning about, what is essentially, a database game.

Bit of perspective guys, it's a game.There's more to life.

To be honest I am becoming a tad inpatient now BUT the original word from SI was 'late February to early March' and to me its still 'early March' If it goes past the 10th March which to me is starting to be 'middle of March ' then maybe we can complain. I do like the idea of releasing the data update before the actual fixes too.

This thread needs to be closed, it's turned into the usual fanboi versus moaners snorefest. Some of the lines people have used to defend the game have actually made me laugh out loud, which has made me look a little silly at work.

The patch is due this week (fingers crossed) so you can all go back to the next perfect patch or to find more faults to complain about on the forums soon enough.

These forums get worse every single year

the patch will not be out by the end of this week,or next week.its an utter joke.SI NEED COMPETITION THAT WOUL BOOT THEM UP THE A SE.then they woul do things a lot better then they do at the moment

if i only play the English league with very vague knowledge of how the other league around the world are played and their rules, i wouldnt notice any problem at all.

Sure but that's just you,no?Just because you or someone else haven't noticed the issues that doesn't mean other people shouldn't be complaining about them.

I would just want to point out that Whilshere does not deserve any kind of upgrade just because he played one good game against top class opposition. Just look at how they unbeleivably downgraded Thomas Muller who on WC performances alone should be head and shoulders above Whilshere:p

I would just want to point out that Whilshere does not deserve any kind of upgrade just because he played one good game against top class opposition. Just look at how they unbeleivably downgraded Thomas Muller who on WC performances alone should be head and shoulders above Whilshere:p

Nobody is saying he does deserve one. His name is just being used in an example.

England NT and the english players are the most overrated footballers ever.

Sure but that's just you,no?Just because you or someone else haven't noticed the issues that doesn't mean other people shouldn't be complaining about them.

definately. even my country league is not well done. i'm just sure most of the diehard fan boys in here are the ones who only play the english league and nothing else. if you live outside england and play the other leagues frequently you will notice how poorly done they are.

unless of cos SI are coming out to say this game is actually meant to be only played in the English league and play the other leagues at your own risk.

Archived