Mr Hough FM11.2 Winger tactic and Discussion

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it could be because your match preparation is on very high it happened to me

Yep, or maybe it's because his training regime is too high and/or most of his players have poor stats in stamina and natural fitness. But anyways it's not really normal, unless your playing as Milan with an average squad age of 35. :D

yes my right back gets better overall rating than my left back, i have djime tarore at left back average after 10 games 6.50 and frank simeck average 7.00 as my right back, so the ratings should be the other way round,will try both settings the same as the rb.

I think maybe the left fullback has been playing better than the right fullback, although, I've only played a few games but I had a couple of shockers in the right back position. Anybody else noticed any difference in who is playing better at fullback?

Started a new game with Blackpool today in which I had a very successful first season using this tactic. Plays great counter attacking football, and what I like everyone works as a unit.

Finished a VERY respectable 10th place, despite being predicted to come stone last. Scored bucketloads (tied 3rd highest) and defensively, not to bad considering the team I was. Also to add I only really signed/loanded altogether 3 players, Alex Smithies (GK), Jordan Spence (DC - Loan) Kyle Walker (RB - Loan), all young bright english propects. Everything else was the original squad with what you start with. So overall a success, and I will let you guys know how I do in my second season.

Table:

screenshot20110227at201.png

Key Players:

DJ Campbell (STCR):

screenshot20110227at202.th.png

Charlie Adam (MCL):

Jordan Spence (DCL):

Started a new game with Blackpool today in which I had a very successful first season using this tactic. Plays great counter attacking football, and what I like everyone works as a unit.

Finished a VERY respectable 10th place, despite being predicted to come stone last. Scored bucketloads (tied 3rd highest) and defensively, not to bad considering the team I was. Also to add I only really signed/loanded altogether 3 players, Alex Smithies (GK), Jordan Spence (DC - Loan) Kyle Walker (RB - Loan), all young bright english propects. Everything else was the original squad with what you start with. So overall a success, and I will let you guys know how I do in my second season.

Table:

screenshot20110227at201.png

Key Players:

DJ Campbell (STCR):

Charlie Adam (MCL):

Jordan Spence (DCL):

Nice 10th place with Blackpool ....... but Arsenal wins EPL with not even one lost game ??? lol ....

Hey Mr Hough,

I use the last version of the tactic (the undertaker - tombstone piledriver)

I had very good results:

Only when your players are tired and you had a early red card the following can happen:

(btw i'm roda jc)

AjaxvRodaJCRodaJC__TeamTalk.png

And also against better teams, they smash me down

RodaJCRodaJC_Fixtures.png

But this is still my favorite tactic, the rest of the results are good (make change to win the league)

Wijnand

For some reason...... Its not working for Lazio.

Wijnand You're dutch speaking ? Maybe you can help me out ?

With kind regards,

Jurgen

Zet je targetman op rechts en ook als 'hoofd' targetman in de lijst

Zet je beste scorende spits op links en zet hem als 2e in de targetman list

Zorg voor veel INZET voor de middenvelders, afwerken voor de buitenspelers is ook handig

Corner: Verdediger Centraal links moet je beste kopper zijn, rechtsbenige speler neemt linker corner en linksbenige speler neemt rechter corner.

Succes

Zet je targetman op rechts en ook als 'hoofd' targetman in de lijst (Je bedoeld rechterspits ?)Zet je beste scorende spits op links en zet hem als 2e in de targetman list Ok gebeurd

Zorg voor veel INZET voor de middenvelders, afwerken voor de buitenspelers is ook handig OKCorner: Verdediger Centraal links moet je beste kopper zijn, rechtsbenige speler neemt linker corner en linksbenige speler neemt rechter corner.OKSucces

Alvast bedankt Wijnand

So, who has figured out the best closing down for there fullbacks?

And is anybody else having a problem with player fatigue? I seem to be.

What sort of strikers do people have in the striker positions?

Would I be right in thinking that having zonal marking on the defence and midfield will restrict the ccc's and cause the opposition to have more long shots?

Well, you should rather ask surrer about that, who is the original creator of this tactic.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/250888-4-2-2-2-quot-Il-Devasto-quot?p=6488153&viewfull=1#post6488153

Can we stop the trolling please, or I'll give you a warning. Zigi I am growing tired of your constant comments in this thread. I don't care if this tactic is similar to another one or not. But you going around mentioning it constantly is annoying me. So please stop it or I'll give you a temp ban.

So can we all just drop it and move on please. Anyone else mentioning it will be warned also. Move on.

Can I remind people that they must use English at all times while posting on these forums, thanks :)

Mr Hough, or if anyone else could help.

(1) i note that the instructions on the OP states that we should list all strikers as targetmen. I have however noticed that the targetman option is not selected under the team instructions. Is there a disconnect here?

(2) As my understanding is that only the 1st striker listed on the target man list will be the target man, is there any preference as to whether the left or right striker should be the first on the list? I note that this has been asked a few times on this thread but I do not recall seeing an answer to this from Mr. Hough.

Thanks!

Mr Hough, or if anyone else could help.

(1) i note that the instructions on the OP states that we should list all strikers as targetmen. I have however noticed that the targetman option is not selected under the team instructions. Is there a disconnect here?

(2) As my understanding is that only the 1st striker listed on the target man list will be the target man, is there any preference as to whether the left or right striker should be the first on the list? I note that this has been asked a few times on this thread but I do not recall seeing an answer to this from Mr. Hough.

Thanks!

1) If you're using a target man then it should be selected in team instructions.

2) It doesn't matter if it's the left or right sided striker thats selected as a target man.

Mr Hough, I have been testing the new version with a couple of teams since you released it. I have noticed a few things:

1. I get lots of cards, my more aggressive players are almost certain to get 2 yellows or a straight red against quality opposition. I am testing with the wingers and forwards on hard tackling/everyone else on normal except GK on easy.

2. Against teams playing a single striker I think you need to manually get your fastest defender to man mark them out of the game. I was ripped apart by Real Madrid playing a 4231. I am Inter in this game, so my defence should be good enough to hold them off ?

3. The set piece instructions. You will score more goals by having 2 FBs back, 1 DC (best header, bravery etc.) att far, 3 good finishers forward, 2 good long shots from deep, 1 DC (or 2nd best header) challenge keeper and a defensive midfielder lurking to stop any counter attack. I get masses more goals from this set up. Still have corners to far post. Left footer from right, right footer from left.

4. Attcking free kicks. To best header seems better than cross centre in my experience so far.

5. Have you tried swap position between your 2 strikers; and swap position between your 2 wingers ? I have found this makes them play very differently when they switch as their footedness comes into play. It could also be helping to drag defenders out of position if they are trying to man mark.

6. Question for you. Any reason why targetman is not ticked, yet you want us to list targetmen ? Also the full back settings. How did the testing go ? Is the left back or right back better ? I find that the Left back plays much better even though I have a lesser player there (Chivu Vs Maicon).

Great attacking tactic. Well Done.

Blackpool (2nd Season):

Tactics: Mr Hough's Tombstone Piledriver

Overview:

PHENOMENAL!? After our escapades with our 10th place finish in the 10/11 season, the media predicted we'll survive this year and aim for a respectable 14th place. I'll leave the following screenies to explain why this tactic is godly!

Table:

screenshot20110302at024.png

Squad:

NOTE: Also had Tom Cleverley (AML - Man Utd) & Abdel El Kaoutari (Montpellier - D/WBL) on full season loans.

Also, coming to the run-in of the season, this is where the tactic was really in full flow.

Other worthy mentions included Alex Smithies getting his first England cap as goalkeeper, and winger Elliot Grandin being named as Player's Young Player of the Year and part of the final Premiership final XI.

Blackpool (2nd Season):

Tactics: Mr Hough's Tombstone Piledriver

Overview:

PHENOMENAL!? After our escapades with our 10th place finish in the 10/11 season, the media predicted we'll survive this year and aim for a respectable 14th place. I'll leave the following screenies to explain why this tactic is godly!

Table:

Squad:

NOTE: Also had Tom Cleverley (AML - Man Utd) & Abdel El Kaoutari (Montpellier - D/WBL) on full season loans.

Also, coming to the run-in of the season, this is where the tactic was really in full flow.

Other worthy mentions included Alex Smithies getting his first England cap as goalkeeper, and winger Elliot Grandin being named as Player's Young Player of the Year and part of the final Premiership final XI.

Great results there

Question: Are you using the tweak with the team width set to max narrow??

This is becoming completely bizarre and totally random - Why after some matches or towards the end of some matches are my players completely exhausted and other times they're fine? I just finished a match away to Benfica, my entire first team started on 100% after being rested the match before, we went on to lose the game 1-0 after completely dominating the match and then running out of steam around the 70min mark. Bear in mind in most other games our fitness is fine. Also, the match prep is on average and some of my players were on 46%! I've NEVER seen players that low.

I'm using the un tweaked new version.

Edit - I also think the un tweaked new version is better than the narrow version. My team seemed to struggle with the narrow tweak.

Mr Hough I don't know if you have already answered this question but do you tick the setting 'Automatically apply assistant manager/coach opposition instructions feedback at the start of a amatch' in team settings or do you just let the game get on with it??

And which of your tactics did you adjust the width to narrow on, getting a little confused 'cos its not in the first post

Mr Hough I don't know if you have already answered this question but do you tick the setting 'Automatically apply assistant manager/coach opposition instructions feedback at the start of a amatch' in team settings or do you just let the game get on with it??

And which of your tactics did you adjust the width to narrow on, getting a little confused 'cos its not in the first post

I don't use opposition instructions - I use my assistent for team talks press confrences and arranging friendlys.

In the 'Tombstone Piledriver' Tactic move the width all the way to the Left, If it works better for you great, although i know some people have had better results leaving it as it is.

So, who has figured out the best closing down for there fullbacks?

And is anybody else having a problem with player fatigue?

What sort of strikers do people have in the striker positions?

Would I be right in thinking that having zonal marking on the defence and midfield will restrict the ccc's and cause the opposition to have more long shots?

Bump.

Edit - The player fatigue seems to happen when I'm dominating, but only sometimes. I'm completely stumped, it's seems so random.

Bump.

Edit - The player fatigue seems to happen when I'm dominating, but only sometimes. I'm completely stumped, it's seems so random.

i think the left backs closing down is best - Try them both with Tight Marking off.

The best type of strikers i think are the more technical ones that have high dribbling composure pace finshing off the ball Technique

I am playing with my 4-1-2-3 tactic because even though i have made winger ones i still feel that the 4-1-2-3 tactic is the best overall - The defence settings i have changed slightly from the one i have released and it seems to give me better performace from my defence and midfield.

The entire back 4 are on the same mentalty with the DM a slight higher mentality - The fullbacks closing down is quite high and the CB are the same as the mentality - The DM is key though his closing down is bang in the middle, Which is the best because if the wingers come inside from the high pressure from my fullbacks because the DM's closing down isn't that high he will always be in the middle so they are running into a brick wall almost - The best option for the opposition is to stay out wide but if they cross my defenders will deal with it because i specify high heading in the player attributtes.

It's kind of hard to explain but i'll give more details and instruction after more testing.

I'm using a more creative striker on the left hand side and a strong striker leading the line. The powerful striker leading the line has banged in loads of goals while the slightly deeper, more creative striker hasn't scored that many but has a fair few assists.

I ended up setting the fullbacks closing down as one notch up and one notch down so they meet in the middle. Seems to be working okay, although the defence could be better. Saying that though, most goals I seem to concede are just bad mistakes. I'm also experimenting with the center backs on man marking as theres something about zonal I just don't like. It seems to give the opposition so much room to play in.

Oh by the way, I used your unbeaten tactic in my first season with Liverpool, I tweaked it a bit by pushing the d line up a couple of notches, all individual defenders closing down was pushed up one notch and I changed to man marking - I finished top on 97 points. Scored 125 and conceded 30. Won 31 and lost 3. I did the quadruple - EURO cup winners/ FA cup winners/ League cup winners/ EPL winners. Thought you might be interested to know.

I'm using a more creative striker on the left hand side and a strong striker leading the line. The powerful striker leading the line has banged in loads of goals while the slightly deeper, more creative striker hasn't scored that many but has a fair few assists.

I ended up setting the fullbacks closing down as one notch up and one notch down so they meet in the middle. Seems to be working okay, although the defence could be better. Saying that though, most goals I seem to concede are just bad mistakes. I'm also experimenting with the center backs on man marking as theres something about zonal I just don't like. It seems to give the opposition so much room to play in.

Oh by the way, I used your unbeaten tactic in my first season with Liverpool, I tweaked it a bit by pushing the d line up a couple of notches, all individual defenders closing down was pushed up one notch and I changed to man marking - I finished top on 97 points. Scored 125 and conceded 30. Won 31 and lost 3. I did the quadruple - EURO cup winners/ FA cup winners/ League cup winners/ EPL winners. Thought you might be interested to know.

Thats brilliant mate - just goes to show that with abit of tweaking here and there for individual teams what my tactics can do.

Mr Hough, I do believe your 4123 was the best tactic for FM11 so far. I won back to back promotions with Crewe. Was amazing!!

Hope you can tweak it further, so I can have one last save for the 11.2 patch.

using my 4-1-2-3 tactic with the new defence tweaks i have just beaten Barca in Barca 1-0 with Everton second season and I'm still unbeaten after 6 games so that's......44 games unbeaten including my undefeated first season.

For my second season i have signed.....

Peter Elliott a 16 year old left back regen who is a back up player.

Liam Fontaine - Another back up player who adds depth to my squad.

Tomas Necid - Again on a full season long loan deal.

My 4-1-2-3 is the best tactic i have made so far without a doubt.

If i make any more posts about the 4-1-2-3 i will be posting in the proper thread so it don't get confussing for you guys.

I have had a lot of success using the Tombstone tactic by making a few modifications.

I have my RB on the last notch of closing down own area and the left back two notches higher, both do not mark tightly.

Both centre backs are man marking, sometimes they do get caught but I think because the closing down is very good mostly it requires a mistake usually a big one!

Both centre midfielders are set to zonal marking.

Both wide players are have their closing down set to the middle (10), I did this because I was fed up of watching the opposing full backs bombimg on while the wingers pretty much waited for the move to break down, with this setting the immediately close down the full back as soon as they attempt to join the attack.

The strikers are set to swap positions and the left striker is set to the lowest setting of mentality i.e. completely defensive. At times this enables him to just drop into the hole and as this striker is also set to Roam and move into the channels there are some very good positions that get taken up especially if the player has good off the ball attributes.

Finally I have ticked both target man and Playmaker, but I do not have anyone picked as a playmaker. I have also unticked counter attack, I found we were counter attacking without it at will but with it I seemed to invite more pressure.

I have never mastered putting screen shots up but the result of this experiment over 2 season playing as Hearts I have won the treble in my first season losing only one game in the league.

In the second season I am unbeaten and have won 25 of 26 games, 88 goals for 24 against in Feb, on paper the Celtic and Rangers squads are better than mine. I have just beaten Barca at home in the CL with 10 men from the 1st minute.

Also I am currently the manager of Ghana! This is actually how I stumbled across these tweaks. I was due to play Russia in a friendly I was ranked 48th they were 12th, Ghana beat them 6-0 and I had no Essien, Gyan, Asamoah or Agyei

I can only say this has worked for me, I have just started testing it with Southampton without buying a player and so far so good 8 unbeaten 31 goals with 6 against

using my 4-1-2-3 tactic with the new defence tweaks i have just beaten Barca in Barca 1-0 with Everton second season and I'm still unbeaten after 6 games so that's......44 games unbeaten including my undefeated first season.

For my second season i have signed.....

Peter Elliott a 16 year old left back regen who is a back up player.

Liam Fontaine - Another back up player who adds depth to my squad.

Tomas Necid - Again on a full season long loan deal.

My 4-1-2-3 is the best tactic i have made so far without a doubt.

If i make any more posts about the 4-1-2-3 i will be posting in the proper thread so it don't get confussing for you guys.

Dave what are these tweaks mate? Cheers

I have had a lot of success using the Tombstone tactic by making a few modifications.

I have my RB on the last notch of closing down own area and the left back two notches higher, both do not mark tightly.

Both centre backs are man marking, sometimes they do get caught but I think because the closing down is very good mostly it requires a mistake usually a big one!

Both centre midfielders are set to zonal marking.

Both wide players are have their closing down set to the middle (10), I did this because I was fed up of watching the opposing full backs bombimg on while the wingers pretty much waited for the move to break down, with this setting the immediately close down the full back as soon as they attempt to join the attack.

The strikers are set to swap positions and the left striker is set to the lowest setting of mentality i.e. completely defensive. At times this enables him to just drop into the hole and as this striker is also set to Roam and move into the channels there are some very good positions that get taken up especially if the player has good off the ball attributes.

Finally I have ticked both target man and Playmaker, but I do not have anyone picked as a playmaker. I have also unticked counter attack, I found we were counter attacking without it at will but with it I seemed to invite more pressure.

I have never mastered putting screen shots up but the result of this experiment over 2 season playing as Hearts I have won the treble in my first season losing only one game in the league.

In the second season I am unbeaten and have won 25 of 26 games, 88 goals for 24 against in Feb, on paper the Celtic and Rangers squads are better than mine. I have just beaten Barca at home in the CL with 10 men from the 1st minute.

Also I am currently the manager of Ghana! This is actually how I stumbled across these tweaks. I was due to play Russia in a friendly I was ranked 48th they were 12th, Ghana beat them 6-0 and I had no Essien, Gyan, Asamoah or Agyei

I can only say this has worked for me, I have just started testing it with Southampton without buying a player and so far so good 8 unbeaten 31 goals with 6 against

Can you upload your tactic?

Hey Mr Hough,

I use the last version of the tactic (the undertaker - tombstone piledriver)

I had very good results:

Only when your players are tired and you had a early red card the following can happen:

(btw i'm roda jc)

AjaxvRodaJCRodaJC__TeamTalk.png

And also against better teams, they smash me down

RodaJCRodaJC_Fixtures.png

But this is still my favorite tactic, the rest of the results are good (make change to win the league)

Wijnand

wow, an 0.3. that must be some kind of record! i would say to achieve that you´ve got to almost have it down to an artform, i couldn´t replicate that no matter how hard i tried. and believe me, i have tried :eek:

One of the best tactic I have ever used alongside your old 10.3 Winger Tactic and Ghost Tactic. What a tactic and what a name, cheers for the fantastic tactic and Undertaker the phenom, not to forget Dave the phenom. You just can't stop impressing me with your tactics.

Mr. H, did you employ the offside trap so that the defense will push up more and close the gap in-between the midfield and defense?

Bump.

Maybe people shouldn't quote huge posts so much or it just completely spams the thread and a lot of posts get lost in it. If you want to quote a big post maybe delete some of it or something. It helps with discussions etc. Just an idea :thup:

Bump.

Just a thought - I wish people would stop quoting huge posts or it just completely spams the thread and a lot of posts get lost in it. If you want to quote a big post maybe delete some of it or something. It helps with discussions etc. :thup:

Good point with the spamming - That can be a nightmare.

The offside trap is something i experimented with and with the correct D-Line can be awesome, That said if the D-Line is too high or low then you can be in trouble big time.

I do want my defence to play in a particular line and i think with the offside trap on they keep there shape rather than stepping out of position more.

At the moment i am testing with the D-Line 2 notches above the middle and the offside trap off, This seems to work ok - I haven't tried it with the offside trap on yet though.

I'm using no offside with the d-line set to the middle. Seems to be working well, or at least the results are saying it's working well as I've conceded 3 goals in six games which is the best I've done defensively all season. I also turned off counter attacking which, from what I can gather, doesn't commit quite so many body's forward.

Archived