Wallace v Roberts - the striking legends small to big club North v South face-off

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SKY Sports Breaking news...

Gundo's possession of Ten Ton manager Paul Wallace's body and mind is over after deciding it was the right time to leave Ten Ton. In a brief statement upon leaving the stadium for the final time, he stated he felt he was no longer capable and no longer had the belief he could save Ten Ton from relegation from the BSS. He did however wish the next user all the best for the future of the club and that hopefully he'd have what it takes to rescue them from the drop.

The story of Gundo's reign at the Monkies

After my first glance at the squad that was relegated last term, I have to say I wasn't overly disappointed with what I had to work with. I'm not a manager that makes loads of signings between seasons anyway, I just like to strengthen here and their to make things alittle stronger overall. In fact I only made a hand full of signings that never really gelled or excelled for us in that first 1/3 of the season. The backroom staff was strengthened with a couple half decent coaches.

Pre-season came and went with some indifferent results, who cares about that I mean pre-season is only for fitness right? Well our poorish form carried over into our league campaign and I never really was able to halt the demise.

After two heavy defeats the towel was thrown into the ring and that was that.

Poor Form.

Poor Lge position.

*Ok, I don't know what the rules are on the above but I felt it was something I had to do. I'd tried and tried with now luck whatsoever, I mean it got to the point where we lost 0-3 to AFC Wimbledon in the league by two penalties and a free kick!?! icon_mad.gif I never thought I hear myself say this but... I don't think I'm cut out for English lower league management anymore. I'm boarding the first plane back to Norway and to what I know and Understand, Sorry chaps. icon_frown.gif

And apologies to the next User who has the not so nice job of trying to avoid the drop. icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by Gundo:

rlipscombe Just notice the next player for the monkies is you! icon_eek.gif

Sorry Buddy. icon_frown.gif

I'll upload the save asap. icon14.gif

yeah, cheers mate!! icon_wink.gif it's ok, if it all goes wrong i can blame you!! icon_razz.gif Ha Ha.

how far are you into the season?? if you get it up in time then i'll have a look at starting it tonight...

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

yeah, cheers mate!! icon_wink.gif it's ok, if it all goes wrong i can blame you!! icon_razz.gif Ha Ha.

how far are you into the season?? if you get it up in time then i'll have a look at starting it tonight... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's fine mate I'll take full blame. icon_biggrin.gif Technically though if the club does go down then it's Paul Wallace's fault not mine or yours lol. icon_wink.gif

Just the 17 league games played thus far. I'm just uploading the save now, shouldn't be too long.

And again... Sorry. icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

how far are you into the season?? if you get it up in time then i'll have a look at starting it tonight... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's fine mate I'll take full blame. icon_biggrin.gif Technically though if the club does go down then it's Paul Wallace's fault not mine or yours lol. icon_wink.gif

Just the 17 league games played thus far. I'm just uploading the save now, shouldn't be too long.

And again... Sorry. icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's true!! i never rated that Paul Wallace much anyway... icon_wink.gif

i'll have a look at it tonight then. hopefully i can turn them around and save the club!! icon_wink.gif

i'm itching to get going on this now... counting down the hours til i can start.

Nep, can you email me the instructions on how to change the name to Ten Ton FC?? i might look at getting some different kits done for the club - like looking at good kits when in-match... icon_wink.gif

i'm itching to get going on this now... counting down the hours til i can start.

Nep, can you email me the instructions on how to change the name to Ten Ton FC?? i might look at getting some different kits done for the club - like looking at good kits when in-match... icon_wink.gif

I will.

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

I will. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cheers, i will look out for it.

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Really quite looking forwards to having another season at this now, so when the time comes I'll definitely be up for having another crack.

Just to let you know.

icon14.gif Ditto. Still no sign of more volunteers anyway, so guess it will come back round pretty soon.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

I will. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cheers, i will look out for it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you get it to work ok mate?

right, so i've had a good look at Ten Ton FC, and i feel i need to do alot of work... icon_frown.gif for a start, i feel the squad is really thin, and have already started increasing the numbers and quality, signing 7 (i think) free transfers so far, including 3 strikers, 2 centre midfielders, and a RM. i will post screenshots later when i have a chance...

this does mean that our wage expenditure has gone up, but i feel it's worth it to make sure that Paul keeps his job!! icon_smile.gif i'm not really a man for reputations, so i am pretty much starting with a clean slate.

my formation will be 442 as before, using my tactics i have been using for Doncaster.

i have played 3 games so far:

v Basingstoke (H) (league) 1 - 3

v Sutton Utd (a) (Setanta Shield) 1 - 2 icon14.gif

v Bath (a) (FA Trophy) 0 - 1 icon14.gif

overall, i'm reasonably happy with the start. i strongly believe if i can morale up a bit, and increase quality, then there is no reason i can't steer this ship away from Relegation.

fingers crossed i will!

Two good cup results, just need to find them in the league now and get them back up to mid-table hopefully, give something to play for next season. What were the expectations and how safe is the manager's job looking?

See you're putting your mark ont eh team with new signings, exactly what I would have done. Good luck with it icon14.gif

Originally posted by bermybhoy:

Two good cup results, just need to find them in the league now and get them back up to mid-table hopefully, give something to play for next season. What were the expectations and how safe is the manager's job looking?

See you're putting your mark ont eh team with new signings, exactly what I would have done. Good luck with it icon14.gif

i'm not too sure what expectations were, or how safe Paul is as i'm not at home. i know the media prediction for the season was 2nd though. that ain't going to happen!! icon_rolleyes.gif

as for strengthening the squad, it was something that needed to be done really. there was, in my opinion, no real depth to the squad, so i've worked on that.

not had chance to play again since, and won't be able to tonight either, but will have a good session over the weekend and hopefully i'll be near the end of the season...

Hopefully our man Hunter will show up over the weekend. Think that's about a week now since the last update, we're hoping to get each season done in about that time, solet us know how it's going.

Rlipscombe, you keen to do a season and a half? I figure it would be unfair on you if you just got the half season, but it wouldn't be ideal to go switching managers mid season next year as well. Up to yourself really.

Well, I hope Hunter does get it done, otherwise, may have to start his season over with the last save and go from there, either way, I can start mine on Sunday if it is able to be done, probably finish it by Wednesday, if things go well.

Peace

Tricky one, as far as I can see Hunter hasn't been posting on the forums at all since he was last on here, so maybe something's come up. Think we're best to give it a few more days, if nothing happens by say Wednesday, just need to go from the last save point. Sound ok to everyone else?

Cool, my next off day anyway, be able to get a lot of my year in for that matter, sounds like a winner.

Hopefully, Hunter will be back by then and have it all waiting to be posted it will be cool.

Peace

thought i better do a post to say that Paul Wallace is still alive and well and living in "Ten Ton..."

made some progress, and hope to finish either tonight, or most probably tomorrow. will do a full update then, but all i will say is that it's still tense....

bermybhoy - as for doing another season, i'd probably take me a little while at the moment, so i'll let someone else have a go for next season - providing Paul is Still in a job!! what is the date i need to stop it at out of interest??

Cheers - good luck with the rest of the season.

I think we're back to the start of the list, which is myself...unfortunately I would struggle to get a season finished for a little while, so I guess it would go back to aaberdeenn if you're up for it? Think you're meant to be studying though....

So if ANYONE else fancies a dig at this step forward...it's quite a big challenge, we're struggling!

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

I'm fine to do a season.

Get the upload done by tomorrow afternoon-ish and I'll get on with it. Hope to be fininshed on Sunday night.

i'll try and get it done tonight, but it might be tomorrow night aaberdeenn... hope that's ok. i'm at work so i can't do until 6.30ish at the earliest...

Quality. We might get promoted again.

Been pondering ways to get anyone else interested but struggling, can't exactly go spamming across forums. Given that it got a fair bit of interest at the start would've hoped some more people would fancy taking part, as a side track from one of the other challenges, maybe.

Ok, the idea is you pick a side and play a single season as Paul Wallace, manager of the Northern Monkeys, or Danny Roberts, manager of the Southern Softies. Those who've played and signed up so far are:

Northern Monkeys / Ten Ton FC

Season 1. Bermybhoy - BSN - 7th

Season 2. aaberdeenn - BSS - 1st, promoted!

Season 3. NepentheZ - BSP - 21st, relegated

Season 4. Gundo/rlipscombe - BSN - season in progress, relegation battle

5. aaberdeenn

6. poopypants

Honours

BSS Champions, 2008/9 - aaberdeen

Southern Softies / Legends FC

Season 1. Robert296 - BSS - 1st, promoted!

Season 2. Dafuge - BSP - 5th, play off semi-final

Season 3. HunterKiller - BSP - MIA (elf_30 may have to start season over)

4. elf_30

5. Spc1485

Honours

BSS Champions, 2007/8 - Robert296

FA Trophy, 2008/9 - dafuge

Archived